Official Sony NX720 Owner's thread (KDL60NX720, KDL55NX720, KDL46NX720) - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 3430 Old 04-21-2011, 09:55 PM
Newbie
 
coolguy_y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandale View Post

Hello all,

If I may, I'd like to squeeze in ? and ask for your opinion.

I'm from Toronto, purchased a 60 SONY Grand Wega, model number KDSR60XBR2 about 4 years ago.. then the picture went all green contacted SONY. And they offered me the following:

1. 55 SONY Bravia LCD, model number KDL55EX620 for $56 OR
2. 60 SONY Bravia LCD, model number KDL60EX720 for $960.50

What do you feel is a better offer ?

I am VERY disappointed - I purchased the original 60 SONY Grand Wega with the matching TV stand - I spent in excess of $5500 and practically designed my whole living room around it. Now, either one of the offered TVs will NOT fit into the TV stand etc. and I'm so upset.
I asked if my TV could be fixed - but SONY replied I would have to pay for the fix ! ridicules !
Thoughts ?

I have the exact same problem. Spent 5500 6 years ago and got quoted exactly the same two options but at $750 and $1950 plus taxes respectively. So your off is def better than mine. I have the 55WF655 though.

It sucks that you spend so much money buying something and the company just screws you. Sony is def not what it used to be. My dad's 20 inch Sony TV from 1986 still works today.
coolguy_y is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 3430 Old 04-21-2011, 11:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Reddig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Hays
Posts: 1,590
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 152
Can anyone comment on how the edge-lit dimming looks compared to a traditional backlit local-dimmer?

JBL Pro Cinema
Reddig is offline  
post #33 of 3430 Old 04-22-2011, 08:21 AM
Newbie
 
Shandale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy_y View Post

I have the exact same problem. Spent 5500 6 years ago and got quoted exactly the same two options but at $750 and $1950 plus taxes respectively. So your off is def better than mine. I have the 55WF655 though.

It sucks that you spend so much money buying something and the company just screws you. Sony is def not what it used to be. My dad's 20 inch Sony TV from 1986 still works today.

Thanks !

So what do you feel then is a better offer ?
Shandale is offline  
post #34 of 3430 Old 04-22-2011, 11:34 AM
AVS Special Member
 
davegow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In the glorious open countryside of Eastern Ontario.
Posts: 1,686
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandale View Post

...purchased a 60 SONY Grand Wega, model number KDSR60XBR2 about 4 years ago.. then the picture went all green contacted SONY. And they offered me the following:

1. 55 SONY Bravia LCD, model number KDL55EX620 for $56 OR
2. 60 SONY Bravia LCD, model number KDL60EX720 for $960.50..

If you want to enquire about the EX line, there are threads for those on this forum. If you want to complain about your XBR2, you need to go to the rear projection part of AVS and find the appropriate thread there.
davegow is offline  
post #35 of 3430 Old 04-23-2011, 11:56 AM
Member
 
Dean M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Canadian Dollar is stronger than the American dollar (1.05 approximately) and yet the 720 is $450 more here... Sony, give your head a shake and stop screwing the consumer!
Dean M is offline  
post #36 of 3430 Old 04-23-2011, 12:35 PM
Senior Member
 
mishari84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 355
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I want to buy 46" ASAP. when it will be available in amazon ?
mishari84 is offline  
post #37 of 3430 Old 04-23-2011, 12:57 PM
Member
 
species5618's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean M View Post

Canadian Dollar is stronger than the American dollar (1.05 approximately) and yet the 720 is $450 more here... Sony, give your head a shake and stop screwing the consumer!

I agree, it's ridiculous...it's not just Sony though, pretty much every manufacturer is charging us Canucks more.

About the only thing that I can see that's cheaper seems to be books--a lot of bookstores are charging the US cover price instead of the higher Canadian ones, sometimes even knocking 10 or 20 percent off the US price as well.
species5618 is offline  
post #38 of 3430 Old 04-23-2011, 01:04 PM
Senior Member
 
theblackkeys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 446
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy_y View Post

I have the exact same problem. Spent 5500 6 years ago and got quoted exactly the same two options but at $750 and $1950 plus taxes respectively. So your off is def better than mine. I have the 55WF655 though.

It sucks that you spend so much money buying something and the company just screws you. Sony is def not what it used to be. My dad's 20 inch Sony TV from 1986 still works today.

I think most other companies would turn their back and say tough about the optical block. I think what Sony is doing is pretty good considering I got burned by Samsung capacitor issues.
CATYPH202 likes this.
theblackkeys is offline  
post #39 of 3430 Old 04-23-2011, 01:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
hughh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Arlington TX
Posts: 2,194
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishari84 View Post

I want to buy 46" ASAP. when it will be available in amazon ?

I haven't seen anyone here specifically identify himself as an authorized employee of Amazon...

Try contacting them.
hughh is offline  
post #40 of 3430 Old 04-23-2011, 01:21 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BoilerJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,159
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughh View Post

I haven't seen anyone here specifically identify himself as an authorized employee of Amazon...

Try contacting them.

Good answer, Hugh!
BoilerJim is online now  
post #41 of 3430 Old 04-23-2011, 02:49 PM
Newbie
 
Dweezilkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all! First time poster here. I've been waiting on a TV to replace my faulty SXRD (optical block problem). I just got my NX720 (60") home... surprised I seem to be the first. The shipping company said they could only deliver Monday through Friday, and since I work more than an hour away I decided rather than miss half a day of work I'd grab a truck and intercept the package at the local hub.

Anyway, still setting up... still tweaking... but here are some initial impressions:

1) The NX720 is GORGEOUS. And that's OFF, for starters. The monolith design really looks elegant. As much as I liked my old SXRD, this "box" is a visual upgrade.

2) HD picture is surprisingly good right out of the box. I went by a Fry's Electronics a couple weeks ago to look at the EX720 and HX810 (the most recent models they had). The NX720 picture seems to be on par with the HX... I've heard the NX is sort of a spiritual successor (without the 240hz). Detail is wonderfully sharp and the colors really pop (like others have said, I didn't realize how far gone my old set was until now). MotionFlow doesn't seem as aggressive as some other brands I've seen (not quite in the 'Soap Opera mode' range) which is nice.

3) SD signals are nice, if a little "digital" looking. I'm sure I'll need to do some tweaking to get it to my liking. That's just my perspective going from a rear projection to LED. This is probably a much more "accurate" interpretation of the signal. Looking forward to swapping settings with you all over the coming months.

4) First gripe. I can confirm that 3D glasses are NOT included in the box. I'm really kind of bummed, since despite the "sold separately" language on a couple of pages, the specifications page on both Sony's website and Amazon.com EVEN NOW claim they are included "in the box." While I'm very happy that Sony has gone above and beyond to replace defective SXRDs, one of the reasons I paid the higher premium for this model was because I believed the glasses were included. Thoughts, anyone? (Besides the fact that Sony needs to update those web pages immediately or make good on what they claim is "in the box").

5) Second smaller gripe: The 60" stand DOES NOT swivel or tilt. Says so right in the manual, though I don't remember seeing that on any of the web pages.

6) I can't seem to get the built in wi-fi to connect to my home network. The push button "WPS" on my computer recognizes the Bravia by name, and the Bravia shows the network in the list of routers, but it just won't connect. Something I'll have to keep playing with.

Hope that didn't come off too negative. I'm really very excited... and this picture is really, really nice. I don't want to seem ungrateful that an accessory I myself didn't initially care about wasn't included with a TV that was partially-comped to begin with. But it's kind of a bummer when you pay a higher premium and the websites clearly say it's "in the box." Ah, well... worth a phone call I guess.

In the meantime, loving this picture and looking forward to the tweaking!
Dweezilkid is offline  
post #42 of 3430 Old 04-24-2011, 07:18 AM
AVS Special Member
 
davegow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In the glorious open countryside of Eastern Ontario.
Posts: 1,686
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddig View Post

Can anyone comment on how the edge-lit dimming looks compared to a traditional backlit local-dimmer?

Both are still undergoing improvement. There seems to be a growing body of opinion that edge-lit is closing the gap on back-lit. By my observation in stores comparing top of the line examples, the difference is close to impossible to see, although in dark home-theatre conditions LD may still have an edge.
davegow is offline  
post #43 of 3430 Old 04-25-2011, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Redoryx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pickering,On
Posts: 354
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I hope to have mine up and running tonight.
(stand problems)

GAMERTAG: ORYX
 

Redoryx is offline  
post #44 of 3430 Old 04-25-2011, 12:39 PM
Member
 
Dean M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redoryx View Post
I hope to have mine up and running tonight.
(stand problems)
do you think the stand is sturdy enough or should one of the straps be purchased? Just ordered mine so I would like to be prepared for when it arrives. Yes, the replacement... we ended up with the same set.
Dean M is offline  
post #45 of 3430 Old 04-25-2011, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Redoryx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pickering,On
Posts: 354
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I bought a Whalen 3-IN-1 from Costco. the stand itself is ROCK solid. My problem was with a misprint in their assembly instructions asking for different lengths of mounting hardware. I am hanging it on the "floating pedestal"
Now that this issue has been resolved, I hope to finish the set up tonight. It still involves moving a large TV out of the way. I do hope to post some before and after pics when finished.

GAMERTAG: ORYX
 

Redoryx is offline  
post #46 of 3430 Old 04-25-2011, 12:51 PM
Member
 
Dean M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redoryx View Post
I bought a Whalen 3-IN-1 from Costco. the stand itself is ROCK solid. My problem was with a misprint in their assembly instructions asking for different lengths of mounting hardware. I am hanging it on the "floating pedestal"
Now that this issue has been resolved, I hope to finish the set up tonight. It still involves moving a large TV out of the way. I do hope to post some before and after pics when finished.
Oh, I have a Salamander stand and it's rock solid as well but the manual calls for a strap from the television to the stand or that support strap to the wall (the second option just being completely unsightly to say the least). I do have somebody to take the old television but now need to call the Crestron programmer... it never ends!
Dean M is offline  
post #47 of 3430 Old 04-25-2011, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Redoryx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pickering,On
Posts: 354
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Have you unpacked the set? It is gorgeous. I am wondering what it looks like when it's on!

GAMERTAG: ORYX
 

Redoryx is offline  
post #48 of 3430 Old 04-25-2011, 12:57 PM
Member
 
Dean M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redoryx View Post
Have you unpacked the set? It is gorgeous. I am wondering what it looks like when it's on!
I wish... I just sent my e-mail back this afternoon accepting their offer. Not sure how long it will take from now but I should have confirmation this afternoon or tomorrow morning I would think.
Dean M is offline  
post #49 of 3430 Old 04-25-2011, 01:38 PM
Member
 
belpat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I received mine Saturday (60NX720). It is really a great looking set. I am using a PS3 as Bluray reader an the result out of the box is spectacular... I still struggling with my Satellite TV (Bell here in Canada) setup. So far I did not accomplished the result I am hoping for, but I am getting closer and still tweaking it.
belpat is offline  
post #50 of 3430 Old 04-25-2011, 02:08 PM
Member
 
B Ditty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Are any of you guys that got your NX720's from the U.S.? They told me it would be the end of May. Just wondering if they are shipping these sooner than advertised. Thanks.
B Ditty is offline  
post #51 of 3430 Old 04-25-2011, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Redoryx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pickering,On
Posts: 354
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Canada here. It looks like we get it first, but we also pay a premium for the privilege.

GAMERTAG: ORYX
 

Redoryx is offline  
post #52 of 3430 Old 04-25-2011, 02:59 PM
Newbie
 
Dweezilkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm based in the U.S. I was really surprised to get my delivery notification so soon, especially since the Sony ETA switched from 4/24 to 5/22 just last week. I'm guessing maybe they've already allocated their initial shipment, and the late May date is for new pre-orders.
Dweezilkid is offline  
post #53 of 3430 Old 04-25-2011, 03:50 PM
 
Hiresolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Austin
Posts: 118
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dweezilkid View Post

Hi all! First time poster here. I've been waiting on a TV to replace my faulty SXRD (optical block problem). I just got my NX720 (60") home... surprised I seem to be the first. The shipping company said they could only deliver Monday through Friday, and since I work more than an hour away I decided rather than miss half a day of work I'd grab a truck and intercept the package at the local hub.

Anyway, still setting up... still tweaking... but here are some initial impressions:

1) The NX720 is GORGEOUS. And that's OFF, for starters. The monolith design really looks elegant. As much as I liked my old SXRD, this "box" is a visual upgrade.

2) HD picture is surprisingly good right out of the box. I went by a Fry's Electronics a couple weeks ago to look at the EX720 and HX810 (the most recent models they had). The NX720 picture seems to be on par with the HX... I've heard the NX is sort of a spiritual successor (without the 240hz). Detail is wonderfully sharp and the colors really pop (like others have said, I didn't realize how far gone my old set was until now). MotionFlow doesn't seem as aggressive as some other brands I've seen (not quite in the 'Soap Opera mode' range) which is nice.

3) SD signals are nice, if a little "digital" looking. I'm sure I'll need to do some tweaking to get it to my liking. That's just my perspective going from a rear projection to LED. This is probably a much more "accurate" interpretation of the signal. Looking forward to swapping settings with you all over the coming months.

4) First gripe. I can confirm that 3D glasses are NOT included in the box. I'm really kind of bummed, since despite the "sold separately" language on a couple of pages, the specifications page on both Sony's website and Amazon.com EVEN NOW claim they are included "in the box." While I'm very happy that Sony has gone above and beyond to replace defective SXRDs, one of the reasons I paid the higher premium for this model was because I believed the glasses were included. Thoughts, anyone? (Besides the fact that Sony needs to update those web pages immediately or make good on what they claim is "in the box").

5) Second smaller gripe: The 60" stand DOES NOT swivel or tilt. Says so right in the manual, though I don't remember seeing that on any of the web pages.

6) I can't seem to get the built in wi-fi to connect to my home network. The push button "WPS" on my computer recognizes the Bravia by name, and the Bravia shows the network in the list of routers, but it just won't connect. Something I'll have to keep playing with.

Hope that didn't come off too negative. I'm really very excited... and this picture is really, really nice. I don't want to seem ungrateful that an accessory I myself didn't initially care about wasn't included with a TV that was partially-comped to begin with. But it's kind of a bummer when you pay a higher premium and the websites clearly say it's "in the box." Ah, well... worth a phone call I guess.

In the meantime, loving this picture and looking forward to the tweaking!

Which SXRD did you have? How much?
Hiresolution is offline  
post #54 of 3430 Old 04-25-2011, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Redoryx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pickering,On
Posts: 354
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Another snafu. My in wall hdmi cable doesn't reach the back of the new set. Time for some monoprice.

GAMERTAG: ORYX
 

Redoryx is offline  
post #55 of 3430 Old 04-25-2011, 08:50 PM
Advanced Member
 
BriS2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 543
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Any thoughts on how the new 2011 KDL60NX720 compares to the 2010 model KDL60NX810? I'm looking to buy either, given the opportunity with the 2010 model at a lower price than the 2011 model.

Personally, I think the 120Hz panel on the 720 is the only downside; the 810 looks solid all around, other than the external 3D emitter (imho not a big deal) and a little heavier.

Which would you recommend? Thanks in advance

Pioneer KURO PDP-5010FD 1080p plasma
Pioneer SC-1523-K Dolby PLIIz +THX 9.2 surround
Sony BDP-S790 bluray player
BriS2K is offline  
post #56 of 3430 Old 04-26-2011, 09:52 AM
Member
 
Dean M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I see the manual is now back online as well as the setup guide etc. I see there is no RS-232 connection except for the 929 series and that just sucks! Now to track down the IR codes...argh
Dean M is offline  
post #57 of 3430 Old 04-26-2011, 02:00 PM
Newbie
 
mdrury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just want to make sure that I am not blowing this out of proportion.
After several go rounds Sony has finally offered a 60NX720 that is equitable to what I paid for the 60XBR2 but they are asking me to front a thousand dollars.

Is it naive of me to expect them to replace the set since I only got about 2 years out of it? I realize this is pro-rated but that is still a large chunk to put again on another Sony TV.
mdrury is offline  
post #58 of 3430 Old 04-26-2011, 02:18 PM
 
Hiresolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Austin
Posts: 118
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrury View Post

I just want to make sure that I am not blowing this out of proportion.
After several go rounds Sony has finally offered a 60NX720 that is equitable to what I paid for the 60XBR2 but they are asking me to front a thousand dollars.

Is it naive of me to expect them to replace the set since I only got about 2 years out of it? I realize this is pro-rated but that is still a large chunk to put again on another Sony TV.

They offered me a EX720 60" for $700, and told me no on the NX720 the one I really want. I know someone last month that got the awesome NX810 60" for $500. Offers are all over the place.
Hiresolution is offline  
post #59 of 3430 Old 04-26-2011, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Redoryx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pickering,On
Posts: 354
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrury View Post

I just want to make sure that I am not blowing this out of proportion.
After several go rounds Sony has finally offered a 60NX720 that is equitable to what I paid for the 60XBR2 but they are asking me to front a thousand dollars.

Is it naive of me to expect them to replace the set since I only got about 2 years out of it? I realize this is pro-rated but that is still a large chunk to put again on another Sony TV.

That price is in the ballpark of what I and others have gotten as offers

GAMERTAG: ORYX
 

Redoryx is offline  
post #60 of 3430 Old 04-26-2011, 03:47 PM
Advanced Member
 
Do-It-Yourself's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: In a house far away from you creeps (hopefully)
Posts: 900
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean M View Post

Canadian Dollar is stronger than the American dollar (1.05 approximately) and yet the 720 is $450 more here... Sony, give your head a shake and stop screwing the consumer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by species5618 View Post

I agree, it's ridiculous...it's not just Sony though, pretty much every manufacturer is charging us Canucks more.

About the only thing that I can see that's cheaper seems to be books--a lot of bookstores are charging the US cover price instead of the higher Canadian ones, sometimes even knocking 10 or 20 percent off the US price as well.

Why are we still bringing this topic up? This inflation is not due to corporate policies/"SONY" brand for that matter, it's the way the economy works in and out of Canada. For one, Canada is focused on a high quality of life standard for its individuals at the expense of the power of its market. A large part that contribute to the inflation is taxes (also taking into account; a greater understanding behind the costs of products and services within a company, transportation costs, duty fees, and revenue taxes/margin).
Also, Canada's population is obviously not nearly as large as US, and our economies of scale are different - meaning that Canada's smaller population doesn't give retailers the same kind of buying power as they do down in the states.


We have to agree that the standard of living in Canada is higher and different than in US. Generally speaking, Canadians get paid much more, as with higher minimum wages and better benefits.
Then another thing is since Canada is a bilingual country, under law all products have to be sold in both English and French which add to manufacturing costs (even $0.05 would make a huge impact).

Otherwise, even though our dollar may be in par give or take, doesn't necessarily mean that every products MUST be sold comparatively to the US market. Given the circumstances, we Canadians are just accustomed to paying so much more. It's just how it is. . .
Do-It-Yourself is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony , Displays , Sony Bravia Kdl46nx720 46 Inch 1080p Wifi 3d Led Hdtv , 3d Hdtv , Component Receivers , Sony Bravia Kdl55nx720 55 Inch 1080p 3d Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off