OK, i´m now an official nx720 owner but have one problem.
1) the look of this tv is gorgeous.
2) picture quality on presets was really horrible (what´s wrong with sony?? most people don´t bother going deep into the picture settings...).
3) after calibration and and turning off motion flow crap etc. the picture was finally very nice.
it was my belief that turning off motionflow (sony), auto motion (samsung), digital motion (philips), and whatever these things are called I would get rid of these horrible digital artifacts.
on the nx720, after turning everything off there is still sense of this effect which practically ruins about everything except bluerays (w. 1080p/24hz playback). My dvd collection is almost unplayable for me on this tv. which is absurd after spending alot of money for a tv.
is this because of 120hz(USA)/100hz(EU) panel or the x-reality chip?
after reading about this problem on the net i found 3 solutions
1) of course turn of motionflow, film mode etc. This works 90%.
2) force output of dvd´s (and other SD stuff ) to 1080i. Didn´t work for me.
3) Set sony scene preset to "Game mode". This actually did improve this.
but still have some amount of soapoperaeffect/videocameffect going on.
Is it possible to fix?? or do I need to sell the tv? get an old sony 50hz bx420?