Official Sony NX720 Owner's thread (KDL60NX720, KDL55NX720, KDL46NX720) - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 3437 Old 05-06-2011, 07:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
looking better, earlier netflix, hulu and amazon all worked, now cant get it to connect to netflix but does connect to the others, tried netflix in other room with other device and no problem, it was all set up and working and now doesnt

even rebooted router, still no netflix..bummer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 3437 Old 05-07-2011, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redoryx View Post

Going from Memory Here,
Custom
Backlight 3
Warm 1

ALL ECO settings and motionflow, cinemotion, Precence sensors OFF
I will post more when I get a chance

Have you got any other settings yet. I just received my tv yesterday and it needed some help, But your settings helped out a lot. I'm looking for general overall picture settings, as well as white balance also. Just looking to get a basic foundation and I will go from there. I have to say the tv is beautiful and looks pretty good so far.
post #93 of 3437 Old 05-07-2011, 08:03 AM

I have it on Vivid, color at about 70 and all filters and options off and cool...

I am replaceing a 3 yr old middle of the line sony, the pic on this new one is good but not as rich as the old sony...maybe because comparing 40 to 46 inch
new is 46 old is 40

i got all of the internet stuff working and need to find out how to get more channels like you can do on roku, if anyone knows...

i had a soundbar installed (this is my bedroom setup), panny, but last night i had turned it off by accident and was listening to the tv speakers for a little bit and sounded not bad, though no music was playing just talking...

to get the high contrasty bright pic I like i have to turn everything up, way up, which vivid setting does, also interestingly enough side viewing isnt as good on this one as my old sony i bought at costco...so to be perfectly frank, or george, i am not as happy as i wish i was but overall I am happy enough
post #94 of 3437 Old 05-08-2011, 05:28 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 17
Here's what I have it set at now. This is no way shape or form calibrated, I just think it looks good. It is set up in a dedicated room with all light controlled.

Picture: custom
Backlight: 3
Picture: max ( will change)
Brightness: 48
Color: 42
Hue: 0
Color temp: warm 1
Sharpness: 53
Mpeg: off
Dot: off
Motion: off
Cinemotion: off
Advanced settings: ALL OFF

GAMERTAG: ORYX

post #95 of 3437 Old 05-08-2011, 07:07 AM

24 hours in and audio wont work on any SD channels on my direct tv, will work 35% of the time on hi def channels, wont work on ANY internet stuff like netflix

very very very very very frustrated

(have panny sound bar hooked up, when i turn it off completely and audio on tv speakers on, it wont work on any channels, nothing, nada, nothing)
post #96 of 3437 Old 05-08-2011, 07:17 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
any one tried 3D quality ?
post #97 of 3437 Old 05-08-2011, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishari84 View Post

any one tried 3D quality ?

yes, green hornet movie i bought, real cool looking

wonder if that will have audio now
post #98 of 3437 Old 05-08-2011, 08:07 AM

You don't get audio from the external speakers or from the TV itself?
Have you tried messing with the TV's audio output settings - switching between the audio system and the TV...
post #99 of 3437 Old 05-08-2011, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surridge View Post

You don't get audio from the external speakers or from the TV itself?
Have you tried messing with the TV's audio output settings - switching between the audio system and the TV...

everything, i tried turning on ONLY tv speakers,nothing

from the tv speakers there is no audit at all on nothing, when i turn on the external speakers i get nothing from netflix/amazon/hulu/my dvr or direct tv other than maybe a hi def channel part time, never sd channel

and the bluy ray player on separate hdmi input gets audio but when i use blu ray to connect to netflix, no audio...making me crazy

When this happened i was watching amazon, i hit exit or return (dtv remote is programmed to operate tv and on that it is exit) to leave that and pushed on volume down at almost the same time for some reason, then it all went haywire...if that is how poorly the electronics are on these that you cant hit two buttons at the same time, then forget it
post #100 of 3437 Old 05-08-2011, 09:49 AM

now, after playing a 3d movie in the blu ray player and going back to everything else, all audio now working...

obviously something wrong, i will leave it on 24/7 until the guys can come back and put old one in so i will have tv to watch, afraid if i touch too many buttons, will stop again

how pathetic is that
post #101 of 3437 Old 05-08-2011, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member

I assume you have set the sound options on your Direct box...
post #102 of 3437 Old 05-08-2011, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughh View Post

I assume you have set the sound options on your Direct box...

there is nothing to set other than dolby or not - either way shouldnt matter

and it didnt work when i was linking direct to netflix or amazon as well
post #103 of 3437 Old 05-09-2011, 11:32 AM

Have my 55'' NX 720 on the way. So no 3D glasses included eh? Anyone has a copy of the sony page that says they are included in the box? Might be worth complaining about.
post #104 of 3437 Old 05-09-2011, 12:30 PM

my guys came out and made some changes to hdmi settings, so far so good on audio but picture on sd channels inferior on direct tv box...weird, work in progress i guess
post #105 of 3437 Old 05-09-2011, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by randys1 View Post
my guys came out and made some changes to hdmi settings, so far so good on audio but picture on sd channels inferior on direct tv box...weird, work in progress i guess
You state that sd channels on DirectTv are inferior...to what? To the way they were prior to the guys making the changes to hdmi settings?

Reason I ask, I am also on DirectTv and sd channels have never been anything to write home about. Did the guys make any changes to the video section of your direct box?
post #106 of 3437 Old 05-09-2011, 02:10 PM

Quote:
You state that sd channels on DirectTv are inferior...to what? To the way they were prior to the guys making the changes to hdmi settings?

Reason I ask, I am also on DirectTv and sd channels have never been anything to write home about. Did the guys make any changes to the video section of your direct box?
Inferior compared to the Sony this Sony replaces, I am updating now to say that both hd and sd channels are now inferior, you can see it in the white letters in the guide or list, i compare it to my home theatre in the other room, clearly there is an issue here but there is a lot yet to do i guess by my guys...

dont think it is hdmi wire, we have tried two of them
post #107 of 3437 Old 05-09-2011, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member

No, HDMI wire will either give you an all signal or will give you sparkies and other types of noise. In other words, it's either good or bad, not at all like the old days of analog tv.

What about the settings on this tv? Have you searched for and adjusted the settings accordingly?

What about Blue-ray movies...do they look great?
post #108 of 3437 Old 05-09-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
No, HDMI wire will either give you an all signal or will give you sparkies and other types of noise. In other words, it's either good or bad, not at all like the old days of analog tv.

What about the settings on this tv? Have you searched for and adjusted the settings accordingly?

What about Blue-ray movies...do they look great?
Blu ray and 3d look awesome, the pic on hi def channels on dtv look good, but when the guide is up it is obvious, and the sd pics are terrible...

Way too many settings on the tv for me to deal with, my experts are coming back out thursday to see if they can fix it, if not they will make it right one way or another, i have the old sony handy that was in that room, we will hook it up to see if it looks like it did before (good) or now bad for some reason, that will tell us a lot...
post #109 of 3437 Old 05-09-2011, 02:28 PM
AVS Special Member

@Jag - "Way too many settings on the tv for me to deal with, my experts are coming back out thursday to see if they can fix it, if not they will make it right one way or another, i have the old sony handy that was in that room, we will hook it up to see if it looks like it did before (good) or now bad for some reason, that will tell us a lot..."

Well, we know what the pq problem is. Since you do not want to bother to try and fix the problem, I suggest you wait for someone to come and fix it for you. End of problem!!!
post #110 of 3437 Old 05-09-2011, 02:30 PM

Quote:
@Jag - "Way too many settings on the tv for me to deal with, my experts are coming back out thursday to see if they can fix it, if not they will make it right one way or another, i have the old sony handy that was in that room, we will hook it up to see if it looks like it did before (good) or now bad for some reason, that will tell us a lot..."

Well, we know what the pq problem is. Since you do not want to bother to try and fix the problem, I suggest you wait for someone to come and fix it for you. End of problem!!!
I am not sure i understand your post, I am trying to get info here to pass on to my guys, in case they cant figure it out...if i mess with the dozens of settings, i could do more harm than good...

If I had the fix, go here and do this to this setting, i would do that, i am just not going to experiment since I have no clue what I am doing...does that make sense to you?
post #111 of 3437 Old 05-09-2011, 02:39 PM
AVS Special Member

I thought you were asking for advice on how to fix your problems. That is usually why people come to AVS, to ask for help and to try and help others.

Regards,
Hugh
post #112 of 3437 Old 05-09-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:

I thought you were asking for advice on how to fix your problems. That is usually why people come to AVS, to ask for help and to try and help others.

Regards,
Hugh

Are you doing this on purpose? I thought I made it clear that is exactly what I am doing, at one point I said I wouldnt try and fix it i.e. i wouldnt do anything to the tv because I dont know what I am doing, but if someone here knew the problem and how to fix it they could tell me and save me and my guys time...

Lets pretend I didnt say I wasnt going to fix it myself, that seems to be causing all the problems, if you or anyone else here knows this problem, has seen it before, and knows the answer, and wants to tell me what it is, i will like that

Whether I then make that adjustment or have my guys do it, shoudnt bother anyone i wouldnt think
post #113 of 3437 Old 05-09-2011, 02:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Is the guide in hd or sd?
post #114 of 3437 Old 05-09-2011, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chdwil View Post

Is the guide in hd or sd?

well, it is hd i think, now that you ask...
post #115 of 3437 Old 05-09-2011, 07:26 PM - Thread Starter

What tv is this replacing?
Is it routed through an amp or receiver?
What resolution is your cable box set to?

post #116 of 3437 Old 05-10-2011, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redoryx View Post

I am proud to say that I will be receiving the KDL60NX720 as a replacement for a defective 60XBR1 through Sony Canada. It should be shipping Later this month or early next month...woo hoo

What did they charge you for it? I've sent my claim in and I'm waiting to hear back.
post #117 of 3437 Old 05-10-2011, 09:35 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz-man View Post

what did they charge you for it? I've sent my claim in and i'm waiting to hear back.

pm

post #118 of 3437 Old 05-10-2011, 09:40 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
can we get a brief review or comparison about this TV please
post #119 of 3437 Old 05-10-2011, 09:54 AM - Thread Starter

Unfortunately, I cannot give an overly objective review of this set. I have not logged too many hours on it yet, No blu-ray movies played and maybe 2 hrs of Gaming.

From what I do see however is a fantastic picture. (I am coming from a KDS60A2000)
Personally, I love how the set looks when it is turned off, The monolithic design is nice and really clean looking.

When tuned (or semi-tuned as far as my half-ass settings go) there isn't really any noticeable SOE.

On my set there is noticeable Flashlighting, and I currently have an email into Sony regarding this issue.

I cannot comment on 3D, or any of the Internet apps.
As far as the display goes, I would not hesitate to purchase again....unless the 65" 929 was the same price of course.

post #120 of 3437 Old 05-10-2011, 10:23 AM

Sony XBR-65HX929, is this available in Canada? I don't see it on Sony.ca
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony , Displays , Sony Bravia Kdl46nx720 46 Inch 1080p Wifi 3d Led Hdtv , 3d Hdtv , Component Receivers , Sony Bravia Kdl55nx720 55 Inch 1080p 3d Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page