AVS Forum banner
126K views 373 replies 110 participants last post by  SteveHas 
#1 ·
I have been patiently waiting for the 65 inch samsung D8000 to come out, but it looks like mid to late summer. I am watching a 37 inch olevia that is 6 years old, is 720p and has a contrast ratio of 1500:1. I think at the price for this new vizio, it might just be a good stop gap until the big sammy comes out. Can move it to my bed room when I get the bigger set, and I'm thinking of outright retiring the olevia (it was actually a pretty good set for the time and has never failed me)

#278 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce  /t/1328644/vizio-e3d420vx/270#post_22476464

Are these models with 120Hz (and above) and if so, is this when that feature is 'on'?

The 6200 is 120Hz. I know the juddering issue was a hot topic on the 6200 thread for a while. I believe it was happening with it on and off. I currently have the Samsung D630 that exhibits the same problem. Off, Clear, Standard, Smooth, or Custom and my D630 still judders. Clear is the best for all programming but still judders on certain material.

#279 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce  /t/1328644/vizio-e3d420vx/270#post_22476459

I hate to tell you, both are "LCD TV's". One is LED driven, the other is CCFL driven (backlighted).

Blame Samsung & the CEA for this current scam/sham/deceptive advertising of these sets.

BTW, full array LED driven sets don't suffer from flashlighting.

That was just a brain-fart on my part. I realize my mistake. I know that LCD and LED are the same thing. I should've said CCFL instead of LCD.

I'm no stranger to televisions and technology. I know all about full array, local dimming. I was merely trying to point out that just because something is low in price doesn't warrant that it will have issues. Hence the examples I gave.

#280 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce  /t/1328644/vizio-e3d420vx/270#post_22476954

Of course if the CEA would take the time to educate the consumer, it wouldn't be a problem and they wouldn't have to resort to new 'gimmicks' to sell stuff.

When the CCFL backlighted sets disappear, I wonder what new 'scheme' they will come up with.

Samsung already has a new 'scheme' that actually works really well. It's "DIrect-Lit LED" that is set up like a CCFL only it's LED. It's cheaper to make than full array. Basically a poor-man's full-array. The EH series is very good in terms of screen uniformity. I'm assuming Samsung will start using this set up more often in the coming years.

#281 ·
Anyone have any trouble connecting a Macbook Pro to this tv? I use the adapter and plug the hdmi wire into hdmi 1. My Mac picks up the tv as a display but the tv will say either not supported or no signal depending on what resolution I pick. From what I read its supposed to automatically detect the best resolution for the tv. Can anyone help?

#282 ·
This issue isn't particular to the vizio. My pc laptop to my samsung LCD sometimes does the same thing. When I cycle the input from pc to tv and back it straightens out.

#283 ·
How is everybody liking the Vizio E3D series. Was thinking about picking up the Vizio E3D470VX. However I do play games and was wondering if anybody experienced gaming or input lag? Also looking at the Vizio M3D470KD and the LG LM6700 and 7600. How do you guys think this TV compares. If you have anything to say about your experience with this TV please chime in. Thanks it is greatly appreciated.

#284 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngwest36  /t/1328644/vizio-e3d420vx/270#post_22499707

This issue isn't particular to the vizio. My pc laptop to my samsung LCD sometimes does the same thing. When I cycle the input from pc to tv and back it straightens out.

How is everybody liking the Vizio E3D series. Was thinking about picking up the Vizio E3D470VX. However I do play games and was wondering if anybody experienced gaming or input lag? Also looking at the Vizio M3D470KD and the LG LM6700 and 7600. How do you guys think this TV compares. If you have anything to say about your experience with this TV please chime in. Thanks it is greatly appreciated.

#285 ·
Hey guys,

I just recently bought the Vizio E3D420VX. I have it connected to my pc and I've been trying to play games in 3d from the pc. The issue I have is this, when the tv is in 3d mode, I can't turn game mode on at all. It is greyed out and I can't adjust it. So the picture looks great in 3d, but I get horrible input lag. I can click a button and see it react a half second later.

Now, when I turn off the 3d mode and play in 2d, I can adjust the game mode setting to on and it works like a champ.

Is there a way to bypass this game mode being greyed out in 2d?

#286 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanT  /t/1328644/vizio-e3d420vx/270#post_22545653

I have the 47 and am not having issues with lag. Others do, I believe, especially with 3D turned on but I've not had any experience with lag making anything unplayable. Played the entire uncharted 3 in 3D with no trouble.

#287 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84  /t/1328644/vizio-e3d420vx/270#post_22548899

Hey guys,

I just recently bought the Vizio E3D420VX. I have it connected to my pc and I've been trying to play games in 3d from the pc. The issue I have is this, when the tv is in 3d mode, I can't turn game mode on at all. It is greyed out and I can't adjust it. So the picture looks great in 3d, but I get horrible input lag. I can click a button and see it react a half second later.

Now, when I turn off the 3d mode and play in 2d, I can adjust the game mode setting to on and it works like a champ.

Is there a way to bypass this game mode being greyed out in 2d?

This has been addressed before. We think vizio goofed in this aspect and it'll take a firmware update from vizio to correct it.

#289 ·
Question about the Vizio YOUTUBE app -

I skimmed through and didn't see so I apologize if this has already been questioned and answered

I have several youtube playlists on my youtube account that I have made. Some playlists have over 100 videos...............

I have 12mbps internet and have no problems with the videos playing at all..........what my PROBLEM is is when I start a playlist, it autoplays for about ten vid's (maybe, give or take) and then it just stops and shows a the main youtube app screen as if it's saying "thanks for watching, we can't play anymore vids unless you manually start it." I'm pretty sure it's not an internet connection issue. The TV is LAN connected..

The panasonic bluray player youtube app doesn't do this. it keeps autoplaying for hours if I want it to...........But the Vizio always stops.....

Is there like a playlist limit or something? I don't get why there would be but can't find any info on it.

#293 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy1  /t/1328644/vizio-e3d420vx/270#post_22684034

Mine has not updated yet either. Guess it will come eventually. By the way, did the firmware update provide any new features or widgets?

one thing I noticed is that YouTube doesn't say Droid Sans Fallback anymore when launching. also the interface for VIA seems more responsive. other than that I'm not sure if there are any new apps. this update happened only after I had been unplugging my unit at night. this happened after the second night. I was so surprised that I took a picture of the upgrade notification.

#294 ·
Did the new update fix the greyed out "gaming mode" option when playing in 3d? I have the 42 inch, and the lag can be pretty severe depending on the game. It seems strange that this option would be disabled for 3D, but not 2D, when 3D gaming has to be the reason at least some people got this TV.

#297 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdchance  /t/1328644/vizio-e3d420vx/270#post_22798550

Just curious, but how do you check what version you are running?

Go into MENU, then select HELP, and you should find the version number in the system info panel.

#298 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce  /t/1328644/vizio-e3d420vx/270#post_22799051

Are these updates available for a separate download for a self install if you don't have a Ethernet connection to the TV?

I checked the Vizio website and they don't seem to have any firmware update files available for download. My TV has yet to download the update, and Vizio claims there is no way to force a download...you just have to wait for it to happen.

#299 ·
Which forces you to have a Internet connection even if you don't want it. Then if the update causes more or different problems, you can't roll back.
Really lame.

#300 ·
Just ordered this TV for my bedroom. I went with the 42" version. I will mainly be gaming (non-3D 98% of the time) and watching TV/Movies (Some movies in 3D). It will be in tomorrow and I am very excited about it. Can't beat the price for all the features and the reviews have been mostly positive. Anybody else here game on this TV (360, PS3, Wii U) and have no problems? I have read some people say there is input lag but others have said it's 100% fine after you turn on Game Mode. I am guessing most the people complaining haven't turned on game mode or tweaked the settings enough to get it going like it should be? Any new owners feel like sharing their experiences? Thanks!

#301 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy1  /t/1328644/vizio-e3d420vx/270#post_22799368

Go into MENU, then select HELP, and you should find the version number in the system info panel.

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy1  /t/1328644/vizio-e3d420vx/270#post_22799371

I checked the Vizio website and they don't seem to have any firmware update files available for download. My TV has yet to download the update, and Vizio claims there is no way to force a download...you just have to wait for it to happen.

I just checked and I'm not on the current version either, I'm on 2.17.0.1100. Is it usual practice for Vizio to roll out updates this slowly??

#302 ·
According to Vizio tech support, the firmware updates roll out gradually to the TVs...all sets do not receive the update at once. So it can take several weeks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.