Vizio E3D420VX - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 374 Old 11-19-2013, 10:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Looks like THIS PAGE clarifies the firmware update confusion!!!
http://crm.vizio.com/ArticleViewer.aspx?ArticleID=4251
VizioFirmwareUpdates.pdf 100k .pdf file
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 374 Old 11-20-2013, 08:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolso Kgb View Post

Hello friends
mejico am, two months ago to buy this TV vizio, tv quality on the hd I found very good, the 3d is great for the family
but I have a question, I have the latest update 3.18 and do not really know if there is any internet browser, I have a sony led interface and displays it quickly, in this case I searched but did not find anything
agradecere your auda, because here in mexico not sell vizio televisions and nadia has podiso clear my doubts
thank you very much
regards

This TV has no web browser.
post #363 of 374 Old 11-23-2013, 05:36 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolso Kgb View Post

Hello friends
mejico am, two months ago to buy this TV vizio, tv quality on the hd I found very good, the 3d is great for the family
but I have a question, I have the latest update 3.18 and do not really know if there is any internet browser, I have a sony led interface and displays it quickly, in this case I searched but did not find anything
agradecere your auda, because here in mexico not sell vizio televisions and nadia has podiso clear my doubts
thank you very much
regards

Hi. It doesn't have a stand alone browser, only the apps can access the internet.

HD DVD = 64
Blu-Ray = 171
Blu-Ray 3D = 10
SDVD = 585
post #364 of 374 Old 11-29-2013, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petermg View Post

Looks like THIS PAGE clarifies the firmware update confusion!!!
http://crm.vizio.com/ArticleViewer.aspx?ArticleID=4251
VizioFirmwareUpdates.pdf 100k .pdf file

So according to that documentation - the most up to date firmware for the E3D420VX is 2.17 (rolled out 1/11/12). How to some others have different versions and do they have the same model TV?

I'm having an issue where neither of my Rear HDMI inputs (1 or 2) are working any longer. I used to have a HD Directv receiver hooked up, and seems like the same time the HDMI on the TV stopped working, so did the HDMI out on the Directv box. I have tried different cables with no luck. The HDMI side (3) still works for my PS4 and Apple TV, though I am not getting a HDMI signal from the Directv box.

I assume a firmware update wouldn't resolve the issue, I have tried to restore factory settings, the hold power button for 30 secs while unplugged, and nothing seems to work. Think I am SOL with those two, or is there something else I could check?
post #365 of 374 Old 12-08-2013, 08:36 PM

Liked: 13
jculotta, you mention having a PS4 hooked up. I bought the PS4 the day it came out and have yet to see it work on this TV. Did you have any issues? I've been hoping for a firmware update (I'm still at 2.17.0.1100) but have gotten nothing. My PS4 powers on and is obviously working fine, boots into the UI music but displays no video. PS4 works totally fine on an older Vizio from 2006.
post #366 of 374 Old 12-09-2013, 07:48 AM

I had a pretty unsuccessful talk with Vizio this morning. They say the most current firmware on the E3D420VX is 2.17.0.1100 and after trying (yet another) power cycle and system restart my PS4 still displayed no picture. She told me it's Sony's problem and to call them. I mentioned everyone on here using different firmware and she said "sorry, all our TV's are different and don't run the same firmware"
jculotta likes this.
post #367 of 374 Old 12-09-2013, 10:02 AM

There is sometimes a delay before the picture appears from my PS4, but I do have it connected to the HDMI side input.
post #368 of 374 Old 12-09-2013, 10:38 AM

I spoke with Sony for awhile today as well, they were super nice and said there is a major firmware update coming in January that will deal with this issue. Apparently PS4 and certain 3DTV's don't get along. Still, it's strange it works on certain of the same model.
jculotta likes this.
post #369 of 374 Old 12-09-2013, 01:14 PM

Good to know about the update...hopefully it will address the lack of Bluetooth connectivity for 3rd party devices.

I did use an aftermarket HDMI cable and not the one included with the PS4 - have you tried using a different one yourself?
foreversnight likes this.
post #370 of 374 Old 12-09-2013, 01:25 PM

He said Bluetooth support was a big part of the update as well. I quote "On January your PS4 will be a brand new console, tons of stuff updating and that will address your TV issue as well". I'm excited to see what all they have in store, as I think they've done a great job listening to consumers.

I tried three different brands of cables, 4 in total, 2 of which are nice cables. I can play it in my recording studio and be ok knowing the update isn't too far off.
jculotta likes this.
post #371 of 374 Old 12-09-2013, 07:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreversnight View Post

I spoke with Sony for awhile today as well, they were super nice and said there is a major firmware update coming in January that will deal with this issue. Apparently PS4 and certain 3DTV's don't get along. Still, it's strange it works on certain of the same model.

According to information I received from Vizio back when I used to own this set, there are two versions of the same model with slightly different features and different "latest" firmware versions.
post #372 of 374 Old 12-10-2013, 11:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy1 View Post

According to information I received from Vizio back when I used to own this set, there are two versions of the same model with slightly different features and different "latest" firmware versions.

Thats interesting…did they say how to tell which version you have?
post #373 of 374 Old 12-10-2013, 06:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 108
In the TV's menu, under the HELP subsection, there was a model number with an identifier for each version. I no longer have the set, so I cannot check it for you, but you may be able to find it somewhere on their website.
post #374 of 374 Old 05-28-2014, 06:06 AM

Doubt if anyone is monitoring this board any more, but here it goes,
This TV has been a disappointment from day one. My first Vizio is great, love it, what a value.
This one refuses to play nice with my PS3, and now for some reason, even though it sees my wireless network with a full signal strength indicator, it simply will not connect.
Ethernet connection is fine, but it will not connect to either pw protected wireless network. It did for quite a while when new, now, never.

Any ideas out there?

DirecT*
HR34-700 - 55" Panasonic TC-P55GT50 plasma HDMI/ ARC
Panasonic DMP-BDT220
Pioneer VSX-1120 7.1 Cambridge Sound Works Ensemble 1 - front, S300 - surround back, Center Stage - center, Polk RM7 - surround side, and Bass Cube 8
Router: Linksys EA4500
Verizon FiOs Quantum 50/35
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Vizio E3d420vx 42 Passive 3d Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread - E3d420vx by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page