Bravia TV Registration Code - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-22-2011, 10:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Problem: Unable to locate the Bravia TV Registration Code.

Two weeks ago I bought a Sony Bravia KDL-46EX620. I am trying to register with Pandora and the Bravia TV registration code is required. I followed Sony's instructions to find the Network icon on the Bravia TV Xross Media Bar and I don't see it. In fact, Sony's instructions do not follow anything I see in the Bravia TV menu. Has anybody else experienced this and what's the solution?

Instructions for: BRAVIA Internet Television at sony.tv

To get Registration Code
1. Please make sure your BRAVIA internet enabled TV is connected to your network, powered on and active.
2. Press the Home button on your remote control and navigate to the Network icon on the Xross Media Bar.
3. Scroll to Activate Enhanced Features and select by pressing enter.
4. Locate the Registration Code for your BRAVIA TV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-10-2014, 01:23 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
On my 2014 Bravia KDL-55W800B smart TV I looked all over for this and then spent 40 minutes on the phone with bewildered Sony support reps. On my TV it turns out the Activate Enhanced Features is not in the XCross Bar then Network options. In addition to that there is no Network icon on the XCross Bar. Network is now a sub icon under the Settings icon.

Activate Advanced Features on my TV is only available through an App. To find the app, named "Activate Enhanced Features", you first have to connect to the internet, update, then refresh the internet connection. Then go to the TV Home page, scroll to All Apps, then look for the Activate Enhanced Features app (among the 80+ apps that are listed). The name will be truncated, so look for an app whose name starts with "Enhanced".

Also, once in that app, select to register the device through the web. That will bring up a page that should show you your Registration Code. If you select to register THROUGH the device you will not see the page with the code.

Hope this helps some others. Was a very frustrating experience as I need the Reg Code to register some other apps.

I moved the Activate Enhanced Features App to My Apps so that I can find it easier should I need to in the future.

Last edited by fppilot; 10-10-2014 at 01:28 PM.
post #3 of 3 Old 10-10-2014, 01:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 57
SONY strikes again! BWAHAHA...
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page