One step closer: Sharp 52" LC52LE920UN or Samsung 55" UN55C6400 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-26-2011, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everyone.

I am so close to getting an LCD. I just discovered the Sharp 52" LC52LE920UN at a smaller TV store today. Very attractive. I don't know if this is price talk, but with a 5 year warranty, and tax, it comes out to $1300. Very nice set, and it comes with the Wifi Adapter that the Samsung doesn't include.

The other is a Samsung 55" UN55C6400 from Costco. $1600 total, including tax, 3 year warranty if I sign up for their AmEx. Also a nice deal, but the last thing I need is another credit card.

I am 8' at the most from my TV. 2' at the closest.

I'm going to research the Sharp more but at the time being, it is winning out over the Samsung in my mind.

I've heard many bad things about the Samsung
s Smart Motion being annoying, which drives me closer to the Sharp. Not sure what to do though. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-26-2011, 01:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Wow, I don't think I've ever said this, but I think in this case I would recommend the Sharp. I read some reviews on another website, and everyone seems to really like it.

I love my two Samsungs, but with the questionable screen uniformity of many Samsung edge-lit LCD/LEDs lately, the Sharp may be worth a look.

The Samsung is a 2010 model; don't know about the Sharp.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-26-2011, 01:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

Wow, I don't think I've ever said this, but I think in this case I would recommend the Sharp. I read some reviews on another website, and everyone seems to really like it.

I love my two Samsungs, but with the questionable screen uniformity of many Samsung edge-lit LCD/LEDs lately, the Sharp may be worth a look.

I think it's the latest model - it's the last one before it goes into 3-D. Im also attracted to it because it has the smallest amount of lag for gaming out of any LCD I've read about.

It's just...I used to work at Sears, and something I saw was random Samsung breaking, so that worries me. It's a great looking set, but they would have the most odd problems at times. Also, some people I know in personal life, their Samsungs have broken with no explanation too. Even a 3 year warranty seems short for me in that regard.
post #4 of 4 Old 04-27-2011, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

No other thoughts?

Side by side, the Sharp and Samsung look identical in terms of color. Everything about them seemed the same.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung 55 Inch Class Led Hdtv Un55c6400
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page