Official Samsung LNxxD630 Owner's Thread - Page 14 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #391 of 608 Old 02-28-2012, 10:56 AM
Member
 
franky932's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SOREL-TRACY ,QC, CANADA
Posts: 173
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by franky932 View Post

other subject: samsung hdmi input

why the HDMI/DVI (for PC) input can not handle sound like other's hdmi input

alll my hdmi inputs are connected...so i have to pass a long audio cable SPDF (optical )from my PC to my amplifier..............

or next to the the HDMI/DVI (for PC) input ,a little cable in the 1/8'' input.

hdmi input with no sound :what is the purpose?

thanks

anyone?
franky932 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #392 of 608 Old 02-28-2012, 11:42 AM
Newbie
 
T-nm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This input seems like a low quality one. Also, I can't use Game Mode with this input. And I'm too lazy to go behind the TV and change it, it's hooked on my wall. (Using a 35ft HDMI from my PC)
T-nm is offline  
post #393 of 608 Old 02-28-2012, 03:03 PM
Member
 
franky932's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SOREL-TRACY ,QC, CANADA
Posts: 173
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-nm View Post

This input seems like a low quality one. Also, I can't use Game Mode with this input. And I'm too lazy to go behind the TV and change it, it's hooked on my wall. (Using a 35ft HDMI from my PC)

me too can not handle gaming mode so why a input for PC? does make no sens(e)

it is weird because it is a hdmi input for PC and have to pas other cable to have sound.
franky932 is offline  
post #394 of 608 Old 02-28-2012, 04:37 PM
AVS Special Member
 
pbarach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 2,563
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 99
DVI carries no audio, while HDMI carries both audio and video. I'm thinking that a connection labeled HDMI/DVI is probably intended to carry a video-only signal from a PC so you can use the Samsung screen as a large video monitor for a PC or laptop. Maybe that's why the HDMI/DVI input doesn't carry an audio signal??

AT&T U-Verse Northeast Ohio

Denon x4000, Samsung LED TV, B&W 704 mains, two M&K subwoofers, Oppo 103, etc.
pbarach is online now  
post #395 of 608 Old 02-28-2012, 06:46 PM
Member
 
franky932's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SOREL-TRACY ,QC, CANADA
Posts: 173
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarach View Post

DVI carries no audio, while HDMI carries both audio and video. I'm thinking that a connection labeled HDMI/DVI is probably intended to carry a video-only signal from a PC so you can use the Samsung screen as a large video monitor for a PC or laptop. Maybe that's why the HDMI/DVI input doesn't carry an audio signal??

i will try my HDMI OUT from my pc to one of the 3 other HDMI ...i know i have sound , it s just compare video.

but i have to connect and disconnect because the 3 others are occupied.
franky932 is offline  
post #396 of 608 Old 02-28-2012, 07:16 PM
Newbie
 
T-nm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Lol, ton anglais est moyen .

I just find it weird that Game Mode is not allowed on this input.
T-nm is offline  
post #397 of 608 Old 02-28-2012, 08:34 PM
Member
 
franky932's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SOREL-TRACY ,QC, CANADA
Posts: 173
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-nm View Post

Lol, ton anglais est moyen .

I just find it weird that Game Mode is not allowed on this input.

bof je me force pas lolllllll

Yep , weird that Game mode is desable..............tought to understand
franky932 is offline  
post #398 of 608 Old 03-11-2012, 11:31 AM
Newbie
 
T-nm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've tried everything, the DVI/HDMI input has definitely less lag than the other ports, even though we can't enable Game Mode. Maybe it's already in Game Mode and we just can't change it.
There's my answer.
T-nm is offline  
post #399 of 608 Old 03-11-2012, 12:31 PM
Member
 
franky932's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SOREL-TRACY ,QC, CANADA
Posts: 173
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-nm View Post

I've tried everything, the DVI/HDMI input has definitely less lag than the other ports, even though we can't enable Game Mode. Maybe it's already in Game Mode and we just can't change it.
There's my answer.

Merci
Thank you

tu est du Canada?

CYA
franky932 is offline  
post #400 of 608 Old 03-11-2012, 01:55 PM
Newbie
 
T-nm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yup
T-nm is offline  
post #401 of 608 Old 03-12-2012, 08:22 PM
Newbie
 
chgojcs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Purchased the Samsung LN46D630 about a month ago, and can say I am more than pleased with it. Great picture quality, especially once I played with the settings.

Only today did I notice a dead pixel at the very top left, and a stuck pixel near the bottom left. But I was right in front of the tv viewing an all white screen at the time while I was checking some settings.
At my normal viewing distance (about 12 feet) they're not even noticable to the the naked eye. Even when looking for them. I'll live with it.
chgojcs is offline  
post #402 of 608 Old 03-12-2012, 08:51 PM
Newbie
 
T-nm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
A month; you could try returning it to the seller.
T-nm is offline  
post #403 of 608 Old 03-12-2012, 08:58 PM
Newbie
 
chgojcs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-nm View Post

A month; you could try returning it to the seller.

Nah. It's not noticable at all unless I am right in front of the tv and looking for it. There's no clouding anywhere, the picture is fantastic. Like I said, I'll let this go and live with it.
chgojcs is offline  
post #404 of 608 Old 03-12-2012, 09:35 PM
Advanced Member
 
Vic12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 770
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Did the cnet calibration settings and am impressed.I have for a hell of a long time(too long) tried to calibrate colors on tvs by eye,and braggingly say Im ok at it.They are fairly close looking.Just did it an hour ago.Trying to decide if I want to keep tv or take it back.
Vic12345 is offline  
post #405 of 608 Old 03-13-2012, 05:15 AM
AVS Special Member
 
pbarach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 2,563
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic12345 View Post

Did the cnet calibration settings and am impressed.I have for a hell of a long time(too long) tried to calibrate colors on tvs by eye,and braggingly say Im ok at it.They are fairly close looking.Just did it an hour ago.Trying to decide if I want to keep tv or take it back.

The CNET settings (with the exception of their SHARPNESS = 0 recommendation) gave me an excellent picture. I preferred the backlight turned up a couple of notches.

AT&T U-Verse Northeast Ohio

Denon x4000, Samsung LED TV, B&W 704 mains, two M&K subwoofers, Oppo 103, etc.
pbarach is online now  
post #406 of 608 Old 03-13-2012, 10:44 AM
Member
 
rta53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 127
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chgojcs View Post

At my normal viewing distance (about 12 feet) they're not even noticable to the the naked eye. Even when looking for them. I'll live with it.

My viewing distance is about 12 feet also. Sometimes I think it would be nice to have a bigger tv but 46" seems to be fine at this distance. Nice to know I'm not the only one.
rta53 is offline  
post #407 of 608 Old 03-14-2012, 05:04 AM
Advanced Member
 
Vic12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 770
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I put cable box on 3/5 sharpness and tv sharpness 100.I also have backlight 15 with ecosensor 10 for nighttime.I like to adjust the blue offset down a bit to match the yellowy lighting in room.( so the darks don't look to blue).Gamma full brightness, brightness down so black bars black.

Does anyone else notice reddish skin tones?
Vic12345 is offline  
post #408 of 608 Old 03-14-2012, 06:23 AM
Member
 
rta53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 127
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic12345 View Post

Does anyone else notice reddish skin tones?

I have seen this also but it seems to be related to certain programming. I've noticed it on ESPN. Other programs look fine.
rta53 is offline  
post #409 of 608 Old 03-14-2012, 07:31 AM
Member
 
pibb100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does the D630 have DSE(dirty screen effect) like many other LCDs?
pibb100 is offline  
post #410 of 608 Old 03-14-2012, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member
 
pbarach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 2,563
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by pibb100 View Post

Does the D630 have DSE(dirty screen effect) like many other LCDs?

Is this the same as screen door effect? If so, no, unless your nose is right up to the screen!

AT&T U-Verse Northeast Ohio

Denon x4000, Samsung LED TV, B&W 704 mains, two M&K subwoofers, Oppo 103, etc.
pbarach is online now  
post #411 of 608 Old 03-14-2012, 09:22 AM
Advanced Member
 
Vic12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 770
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 25
They use bluey green lights on a lot of studio sets,and others use yellowy reddish lights.A lot of newscasts talkshows have yellow red.I had a CRT tv with a bad red push before.Glowing red cheekbones was one of the most noticeable things unless you turned color wayyy down.
Vic12345 is offline  
post #412 of 608 Old 03-14-2012, 11:32 AM
Newbie
 
Squa7ch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
FedEx delivered my LN46D630 today, early I might add. I didn't realize it would be here at 9:30AM. No stuttering over HDMI like the 47LK520 it replaced so I'm happy with it. I haven't messed with the color setting too much but so far it looks good. I was hoping I would find some calibrated settings on here tbh.

Squa7ch is offline  
post #413 of 608 Old 03-14-2012, 01:20 PM
AVS Special Member
 
pbarach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 2,563
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squa7ch View Post

FedEx delivered my LN46D630 today, early I might add. I didn't realize it would be here at 9:30AM. No stuttering over HDMI like the 47LK520 it replaced so I'm happy with it. I haven't messed with the color setting too much but so far it looks good. I was hoping I would find some calibrated settings on here tbh.

Go to cnet.com and look up this model. There you will find a full review with a link to some detailed calibration settings.

AT&T U-Verse Northeast Ohio

Denon x4000, Samsung LED TV, B&W 704 mains, two M&K subwoofers, Oppo 103, etc.
pbarach is online now  
post #414 of 608 Old 03-14-2012, 03:38 PM
Member
 
pibb100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarach View Post

Is this the same as screen door effect? If so, no, unless your nose is right up to the screen!

Nah, it just looks like the screen is incredibly dirty and is only seen in panning scenes with a solid background such as a sky scene, hockey games or football game.
pibb100 is offline  
post #415 of 608 Old 03-15-2012, 07:55 PM
Member
 
DunnoAV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I bought the LN40D630 yesterday from recommendation for another thread. All I have to say is I absolutely luv this T.V. Great picture out of the box and good viewing angles. I had a 5 year old Vizio LCD that died. I also just purchased a LG 55LW5600 LED 3D T.V. I have to say the pic. on the Sammy is much better and no flashlight effect like the LG.
DunnoAV is offline  
post #416 of 608 Old 03-16-2012, 10:18 AM
Member
 
zentech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
looking at this tv (46") for the bedroom...very tempting. the only negative i keep seeing on reviews is the sound. very small bedroom...don't want to get a soundbar, etc. not sure that sound would be an issue in a smaller room anyway...can't find a model in any b&m store (so cal) to get a real feel for the tv.
zentech is offline  
post #417 of 608 Old 03-16-2012, 09:30 PM
Member
 
DunnoAV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentech View Post

looking at this tv (46") for the bedroom...very tempting. the only negative i keep seeing on reviews is the sound. very small bedroom...don't want to get a soundbar, etc. not sure that sound would be an issue in a smaller room anyway...can't find a model in any b&m store (so cal) to get a real feel for the tv.

Zen, I bought a few t.v.'s for the bedroom and most didn't sound good. This one sounds fine to me. Now it's no surround sound, but very adequate IMHO. I'm in So. Cal also, you can see and hear on display at the local BB stores. Call them first, seeing this model is on clearance.
DunnoAV is offline  
post #418 of 608 Old 03-18-2012, 01:26 AM
Newbie
 
Squa7ch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarach View Post

Go to cnet.com and look up this model. There you will find a full review with a link to some detailed calibration settings.

Did that, looks great. I changed a couple of the settings though. Was definitely too bright on my set.

Backlight - 8
Contrast - 92
Brightness - 35
Color Tone - Warm1

satisfied with it so far.
Squa7ch is offline  
post #419 of 608 Old 03-18-2012, 07:09 AM
Member
 
nick64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentech View Post

looking at this tv (46") for the bedroom...very tempting. the only negative i keep seeing on reviews is the sound. very small bedroom...don't want to get a soundbar, etc. not sure that sound would be an issue in a smaller room anyway...can't find a model in any b&m store (so cal) to get a real feel for the tv.

I have the 40 inch version in my bedroom, which is 11 x 15 feet. The sound for me is just great for a flat screen TV. The sound on this TV is very customizable. The "Standard" sound mode has an equalizer, and the default sound can be greatly improved just by increasing the bass frequencies, and slightly lowering the trebles. In addition, there is a dialog enhancer, and a simulated surround sound mode that actually works quite well for movies. I have a Yamaha receiver and a couple of nice bookshelf speakers in this room, and I haven't even bothered hooking them up to this TV as I don't feel I need them. Please realize, though, that as a bedroom TV, I watch mostly at night and at at low volume levels.
nick64 is offline  
post #420 of 608 Old 03-18-2012, 09:54 AM
Member
 
zentech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DunnoAV View Post

Zen, I bought a few t.v.'s for the bedroom and most didn't sound good. This one sounds fine to me. Now it's no surround sound, but very adequate IMHO. I'm in So. Cal also, you can see and hear on display at the local BB stores. Call them first, seeing this model is on clearance.

Hello DunnoAV - i took your advice. The d630 was at bb on the wall...right next to a un46d6400...arrrrrgh!

...loving that thinner bezel on the 6400, especially for the smaller confines of my bedroom, all picture...
of course, i don't need the 3d, and we're talking quite a bit more coin (380 at this juncture on amazon) but...man

aesthetics shouldn't matter as much as they do for me, but they do...no 'touch of color' on the 46d6400 and a thinner bezel allows me to fit the tv better in the corner...
zentech is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Ln46d630 46 Inch 1080p Lcd Hdtv Black , Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off