Sharp 52le810un issue - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-07-2011, 07:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey all!
I have searched around and read the thread about the flickering display during public enemies, and I have a similar issue and was wondering if anyone else has noticed it... When watching Blue Ray movies i notice that either in a fast moving scene or maybe it is one that has a lot of color movement like in Megamind that the screen will flicker black 3 times quickly then will flash black and then go back to normal operation.
Now i guess what I want to figure out, and I think I know the answer, I have a Sony Blue Ray player hooked up to the tv, I have hooked up a ps3 and played games and watched blue ray and not had the same issue. I swapped HDMI cables from my cable box so I have tried two separate cables, one brand new, and the issue is still there. I have a friend who has the exact same tv and has not had the issue, but only uses a ps3. I updated the firmware on the blue ray player so it is current but am still having the same issue.
Any one have any ideas? Would a firmware update fix the issue or simply replace the blue ray player
Thanks for any advice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-07-2011, 09:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Get the firmware details of the TV and the bluray player and send them to Sharp and to Sony. Explain the problem and mention that you have already tried different interconnect cables. One (or both) companies may have a firmware that will fix the problem.

That Sharp uses MediaTek AV processor, which is widely used in the industry - so the Sony bluray player should be able to lock easily to it, and keep the lockā€¦like PS3 does...

Boky
post #3 of 4 Old 05-12-2011, 09:30 PM - Thread Starter

I updated the firmware on the blue ray player and still have the issue, I will try to contact Sharp to see what they say. It only happens on some movies too. We watched Cars and it didn't happen until the last 5 minutes of the movie, and watched "No Strings Attatched" last night and it never happened, both on Blue Ray...
Does brand of HDMI cable make a difference?
post #4 of 4 Old 05-13-2011, 05:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Try to set the BluRay player to always send 60 frames p signal to the TV. Do not use auto mode because that may be sending 24 frames to the TV if the disc is film transfer.

HDMI cable shouldn't make the difference in your case.

Boky
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page