Forum Jump: 

post #211 of 782 Old 10-20-2011, 05:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaboy1021 View Post

Yea I just received my 55" HX729. Kinda surprised. When watching movies it seems like the motion stutters or is playing at 102% of natural speed. Looks way funky comparing to CRT or plasma. I don't think its input lag since even if I watch it on mute, it's the same effect.

Tried motion flow or whatever...no difference. Maybe my eyes are not accustomed to such effects yet

mehhhhh...so far

Interesting, motion interpolation should not speed up the film, but try setting Motionflow to 'Standard' and Cinemotion to 'Auto 2'. If that doesn't reduce the motion enough for your liking, then just set Motionflow to 'Off' and choose the Cinemotion setting you prefer, or turn it off too. If you still have funky motion after that, there might be something wrong with the set? Hard to say really without being able to see it ourselves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 782 Old 10-20-2011, 08:37 AM

Liked: 11
I am returning my 729. I thought it was a keeper, but the 3D on this set just doesn't work very well with everything I have tried - there's too much crosstalk.

Rob
post #213 of 782 Old 10-21-2011, 05:42 AM

I think I have the settings set up the best way for my living room (3 big windows).

I watched TRON last night and WOW it is so awesome (the sound and picture quality). The blacks were VERY black and the contrast with the suits and lights is just amazing.

On a side note picked up the 5 year warranty with the system also. $250 for 5 years. Not too bad.

I was turning off my PS3 late last night and did notice that there were very light blotches on the TV. Nothing crazy but it looked like light blue blotches.

Is this normal?
post #214 of 782 Old 11-01-2011, 04:53 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Interesting set.
post #215 of 782 Old 11-01-2011, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds75 View Post

Interesting set.

WTF kind of reply is this?
post #216 of 782 Old 11-04-2011, 12:14 PM

Just got my HX729 today. Haven't messed with any settings yet and just got my OTA hooked up and my HTPC.. Anyone with a HTPC hooked up? What screen resolution do you are you running?
post #217 of 782 Old 11-05-2011, 06:47 PM

I purchased a 55" and will have it in a week. Not a 3D user, so I think it will work out well. My first HDTV and I am geeked
post #218 of 782 Old 11-06-2011, 07:15 AM

Initial review after a few days is this TV is AWESOME.. My old TV was a 42A10 that was only 720p and 60hz.. I don't know if it's going from 60hz to 240hz but the movement during frames is freaking AWESOME..

I wasn't able to get 1:1 Pixel mapping when using HDMI on my HTPC.. Had a little overscan. I had it when hooked to VGA but VGA doesn't do 3D so I went HDMI and just adjusted the resolution a bit..

My only gripe is the 3D is meh.. I don't know if I have it setup incorrectly or if the movies I've tried aren't the best.. They are side by side and it's like I'm looking at one of those pictures that have 3D in them.. You have to focus and focus and then you'll eventually see the picture? Know what I'm talking about? That's what it feels like..

Almost like I'm having to cross my eyes a bit. It sorta gives me a headache.
post #219 of 782 Old 11-07-2011, 11:55 AM

My 55HX729 is supposed to be delivered in the next 4hrs! But my video stand won't be here for a few days, so it's goign to have to sit on the floor for awhile.
post #220 of 782 Old 11-10-2011, 07:09 AM

Hi all,

I have two questions: First, does LCD crosstalk in general affect 2D viewing? Secondly, does Sony have plans to make a 40 inch version of the HX729?
post #221 of 782 Old 11-12-2011, 08:29 PM

Got mine delivered today. Had it jumping through all the hoops - computer, DVD, and cable all fully functional via HDMI with 5.1 Dolby Digital sound from the TV output on all sources that had 5.1 to begin with - in two hours. Stereo on everything else.

This TV is GOOD. I am very impressed with how it displays all sources. Even had 240 via YouTube and it looked respectable in a 46" 4:3. That "X-Reality Pro" chip really is a difference maker. Been running it on out of box settings on "home" and am very impressed for just out of box.

Wife is giddy.

Calibration in five weeks, and it will look even better.

Only one issue - haven't yet resolved internet connectivity via router (which does work on my comp so I just need to get the settings into the TV somehow - autosetup didn't work out). Something to play with tomorrow.

TV looks really good, no pixel or apparent panel issues, and am very happy so far. Not bad for my first HDTV :-) I guess the 6 weeks of reading here, looking, reading more here, more looking paid off.....
post #222 of 782 Old 11-14-2011, 08:49 AM

Looking to purchase the 55HX729, but the previous post about issues with 1:1 pixel mapping has me a bit wary. I'd also be running a HTPC with this setup and it's one of my desired features.

Can anyone confirm/deny that this set supports 1920x1080, 1:1 pixel mapping over HDMI when the TV is set in "Normal/Full1/Full2 for PC" display mode? Sony tech support indicated that yes, there would be 1:1/no overscan in these configurations.
post #223 of 782 Old 11-15-2011, 11:51 AM

Hi everyone, I have a new 55HX729 and cant believe how crappy the stand is. Does anyone know if there are other options besides the one the tv comes with? It is uneven and really wobbly. thx
post #224 of 782 Old 11-15-2011, 05:57 PM

Doubled -

Any chance your TV isn't mounted into the stand correctly, or the mounting hardware not installed properly? Something doesn't sound right.....mine was set up by the store delivery crew and it's pretty solid and level. There shouldn't be much more than an inch and a half space between the stand and the bottom edge of the TV.
post #225 of 782 Old 11-16-2011, 10:46 AM

Firmware update is available today via download. Has not fixed my issues with the Video2/Component not working from remote or inability to enter zip code on the MyCast widget.

post #226 of 782 Old 11-16-2011, 03:06 PM

I got mine and i'm not impressive with this tv, i have a samsung 32" that i got it in 2007 has a better quality picture than this sony.

Looks like a old tv quality, and i have time warner cable with good quality channels, and it's not good, with HD channels it get better but i can see lags.

I don't know what's is going on with sony , but they are not doing good anymore like before.

This tv has price , but quality is not good.

I should get the samsung LED but i got sony and now i'm stuck with this tv.

I saw a lot good reviews, but mine tv doen't work like that.

I have KDL55HX729
post #227 of 782 Old 11-16-2011, 03:13 PM

BTW i have a question, where i put the screw on this tv to put it on a wall mount, i asked sony but they have the same answer always , like a automatic answer not more not less.

My tv doesn't have the holes to put the screw on it.

It has 2 screw on center of the tv, where is the name sony on the back and it has 2 screws on bottom that hold the tv on table mount but this screws are not aligned vertically like other tvs.

If somebody can help me appreciate that.

Picture will be good thank's a lot.
post #228 of 782 Old 11-16-2011, 03:56 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ir bass View Post

I got mine and i'm not impressive with this tv, i have a samsung 32" that i got it in 2007 has a better quality picture than this sony.

Looks like a old tv quality, and i have time warner cable with good quality channels, and it's not good, with HD channels it get better but i can see lags.

I don't know what's is going on with sony , but they are not doing good anymore like before.

This tv has price , but quality is not good.

I should get the samsung LED but i got sony and now i'm stuck with this tv.

I saw a lot good reviews, but mine tv doen't work like that.

I have KDL55HX729

What settings are you using?

Aaron
post #229 of 782 Old 11-16-2011, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaRd2BeAr View Post

What settings are you using?

Aaron

Picture Mode: Cinema 1 - ambient sensor off
Backlight: 6
Picture: 95
Brightness 45
Color: 50
Hue: 0
Color Temp: Neutral
Sharpness: 60
Noise reduction: Off
MPEG Noise reduction: OFF
Dot Noise Reduction: OFF
Reality Creation: Auto
Smooth gradation: Low
Motionflow: Clear
Cinemotion: Auto 2

Advanced Settings

Black Corrector: High
Adv. Contrast Enhancer: OFF
Gamma 0
LED Dynamic control Standard
Auto Light limiter Medium
Clear white: Low
Live Color: Low
White balance default
Detail Enhancer: High
Skin Naturalizer: OFF
Edge Enhancer OFF

This is the best i can make look better, but it still has some lag and
When it have small words it is hard to read.

And i can see like ghosts around the people, like 3 ghost of the same people, something like that
i don't know the name for this, but looks like an old tv out of tune, And when the image change for
something with a big different colors the tv take less the a second to project the image again but i can see that
changing like it get tune to make it right.
post #230 of 782 Old 11-16-2011, 08:36 PM

Quote:

BTW i have a question, where i put the screw on this tv to put it on a wall mount, i asked sony but they have the same answer always , like a automatic answer not more not less.

I had to call the mount manufacturer (Simplicity) to get the answer for my 47" model. They were not in a standard location and a bit confusing, but Simplicity walked me through it.
post #231 of 782 Old 11-17-2011, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WireJockey View Post

I had to call the mount manufacturer (Simplicity) to get the answer for my 47" model. They were not in a standard location and a bit confusing, but Simplicity walked me through it.

Yes, It is confusing , I didn't get it yet, I need to figure it out before i get the wall mount.
post #232 of 782 Old 11-17-2011, 05:23 AM

Actually, Simplicity and most others are universal, and will mount up to most any bolt pattern, so I don't think you'll have a problem.
post #233 of 782 Old 11-17-2011, 05:50 AM

Quote:

Brightness 45

Advanced Settings

Gamma 0
White balance default
Edge Enhancer OFF

And i can see like ghosts around the people, like 3 ghost of the same people, something like that
i don't know the name for this, but looks like an old tv out of tune, And when the image change for
something with a big different colors the tv take less the a second to project the image again but i can see that

I'm guessing you might have too much sharpness going on. The combination of sharpness above 50, Reality Creation on Auto, and Detail Enhancer on high is what makes me think this. The Detail Enhancer on this set is pretty agressive in my opinion.

Try Sharpness on 45-50, Reality Creation on Manual (setting both settings inside between 5-15 per preference) and turn off Detail Enhancer. See if that helps with the "ghosts". Maybe drop Black Corrector a notch as well. Not saying this will fix what you describe, but worth a shot. You're viewing HD sources when seeing these anomolies, is that right? I have Time Warner Cable HD as well, and I never see ghosting or anything like that.
post #234 of 782 Old 11-17-2011, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckC View Post

Hi all,

I have two questions: First, does LCD crosstalk in general affect 2D viewing? Secondly, does Sony have plans to make a 40 inch version of the HX729?

Crosstalk pertains only to 3D content. I have no idea about a 40" version, I'd guess no since it's not been announced as of now.
post #235 of 782 Old 11-17-2011, 07:08 AM

New firmware version is PKG3.705AAA. Looks mostly to be an update to the internet/widget stuff. Hard to say without release notes....

As it turns out the Video2 issue was my own fault and not a firmware issue. I had set the video2/component setting to component rather than auto and it appears the TV will no longer switch to Component when it recieves the Video2 command from a remote after that. DOH!

I still can not get the My-Cast widget to accept a zip code. This has not worked for me since the PKG3.309AAA firmware. Is anyone else able to use the My-Cast widget and get it to accept a zip code?

C
post #236 of 782 Old 11-17-2011, 02:21 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 38
Quote:

Brightness 45

Advanced Settings

Gamma 0
White balance default
Edge Enhancer OFF

Quote:

I'm guessing you might have too much sharpness going on. The combination of sharpness above 50, Reality Creation on Auto, and Detail Enhancer on high is what makes me think this. The Detail Enhancer on this set is pretty agressive in my opinion.

Try Sharpness on 45-50, Reality Creation on Manual (setting both settings inside between 5-15 per preference) and turn off Detail Enhancer. See if that helps with the "ghosts". Maybe drop Black Corrector a notch as well. Not saying this will fix what you describe, but worth a shot. You're viewing HD sources when seeing these anomolies, is that right? I have Time Warner Cable HD as well, and I never see ghosting or anything like that.

As Argster said i would try turning detail enhancer off and sharpness personally for hd content down to 20 (most reviews suggest 0 but its obviously up to you).

Try turning things like live colour off and see what you think as some of the "enhancers" might actually have a negative affect on the picture.

Quote from a professional review.

Quote:

There is a sub-menu called Advanced Settings where you will find controls for the Black Corrector, Advanced Adjustment Enhancer, Auto Light Emitter and Clear White. There is also a control for the LED Dynamic Control, Live Colour, Detail Enhancer, Edge Enhancer and Skin Naturaliser. Most of these so-called 'picture features' are actually detrimental to image quality and are best left off.

Aaron
post #237 of 782 Old 11-17-2011, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bspvette86 View Post

I still can not get the My-Cast widget to accept a zip code. This has not worked for me since the PKG3.309AAA firmware. Is anyone else able to use the My-Cast widget and get it to accept a zip code?

C

I don't see a "my-cast" widget anywhere in my list of widgets. If I had it I'd be glad to test it, is it in another menu somewhere? I'm running the newest 705AAA firmware.
post #238 of 782 Old 11-17-2011, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argster View Post

I don't see a "my-cast" widget anywhere in my list of widgets. If I had it I'd be glad to test it, is it in another menu somewhere? I'm running the newest 705AAA firmware.

Go into the Yahoo! Connected TV Store, Connected TV Store, categories, Transportation/Information, My-cast and then install it. (it is free)

When it was working, it was actually a great way to check the local radar.

C
post #239 of 782 Old 11-17-2011, 08:00 PM

Ok, found the my-cast thing. You're right, it won't allow a zip code to take. I can enter my 5 digit code, but when toggling down to enter it with the OK button, nothing happens. And I had no idea there were all those different things in that yahoo store! Pretty cool.
post #240 of 782 Old 11-18-2011, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaRd2BeAr View Post

As Argster said i would try turning detail enhancer off and sharpness personally for hd content down to 20 (most reviews suggest 0 but its obviously up to you).

Try turning things like live colour off and see what you think as some of the "enhancers" might actually have a negative affect on the picture.

Quote from a professional review.

Aaron

I did and it doens't changed.

In hd channel i see just a bit of ghosts, but
In standart channel i can see a lot of them.
In blueray works very well.
I will try to talk with sony and time warner
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Kdl 46hx729 46 Led Hx729 Internet Tv , Led Hdtv , Sony Kdl 55hx800 55 1080p 3d Ready Lcd Tv Free 6ft Hdmi Cable With Ethernet , Sony Bravia 40 Inch Kdl40hx800 3d Ready Led Hdtv , Sony Bravia Xbr55hx929 55 Inch 1080p 3d Local Dimming Led Hdtv With Built In Wi Fi Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page