The Official Sony EX720 Owner's Thread - Page 40 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1171 of 2042 Old 11-28-2011, 05:52 PM
AVS Special Member
 
David Susilo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Markham, Canada
Posts: 9,407
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophane View Post

I saw on NX720 topic that some people also found the pîcture very dull once calibrated. Well, EX720 keeps being a mystery to me, with so variant results from a review to an other (blacks, 3D)..

If they calibrate the TV properly (using colorimeter, not just copying other people's settings), it should not be dull at all. For colour tracking, this TV is actually very decent. It's adequate for most users, I'm just too used to my Pioneer Kuro plasmas, Elite LCD and HX929 making me biased in build-quality and black-level department

follow my A/V tweets @davidsusilo

ISF, THX, CEDIA, Control4 & HAA certified
Reviewer for TED, QAV, AUVI & DownUnder Audio Magazine

my (yet to be completed) BD list
my home theatre

David Susilo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1172 of 2042 Old 11-30-2011, 04:55 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
CaliCool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 431
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm pulling the trigger on a Plasma this December. The Samsung D7000 to be exact... I hope that the screen uniformity issues are not that evident there... Reading reviews, they are giving it a solid grade in terms of PQ of 2D and 3D.

Trying to contact Sony but for the life of me can't get through. Been calling them all afternoon. Hard luck kid.
CaliCool is offline  
post #1173 of 2042 Old 11-30-2011, 07:56 AM
Senior Member
 
The Main Event's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Quebec, Canada
Posts: 204
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently ordered Disney's WOW calibration disc (which I highly recommend btw), and to my surprise my settings changed quite a bit comparing to the one I had with DVE. It matches more the Flatpanels and HDTVTest settings, giving it a more natural look in my eyes with less saturation.

Power Saving: Off
Scene: Custom
Backlight: 1
Contrast: 94
Brightness: 57
Color: 50
Hue: 0
Color Temperature: Warm 2
Sharpness: Min
Noise Reduction: Off
MPEG Noise Reduction: Off
Motionflow: Off
Film mode: Off

--Advanced Settings menu--
Black Corrector: Off
Adv. Contrast Enhancer: Low (I noticed that it actually enhances skin tones depeding on the scene)
Gamma: +1
Auto Light Limiter: Off
Clear White: Off
Live Color: Off
Detail Enhancer: Off
Edge Enhancer: Off
Skin Naturalizer: Off
i/p Conversion Preference: N/A

--White Balance menu--
R-Gain: -2
G-Gain: 0
B-Gain: 0
R-Bias: -2
G-Bias: -2
B-Bias: -2
The Main Event is offline  
post #1174 of 2042 Old 11-30-2011, 12:37 PM
Newbie
 
watergate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi!

Can anyone post their settings for the MVA panel (Yes I am a looser). I bought the 46" one and it came with the MVA pael. I need someone to post their settings for this panel because when I try the settings that the people has posted here I feel the TV has an image that to a picture taken at night without flash and with ISO400 film.

I try to calibrate it myself but end up with the blacks being totally unacceptable with a lot of bleeding.
watergate is offline  
post #1175 of 2042 Old 11-30-2011, 12:41 PM
AVS Special Member
 
David Susilo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Markham, Canada
Posts: 9,407
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 328
If you're in Markham area I can help you out

follow my A/V tweets @davidsusilo

ISF, THX, CEDIA, Control4 & HAA certified
Reviewer for TED, QAV, AUVI & DownUnder Audio Magazine

my (yet to be completed) BD list
my home theatre

David Susilo is offline  
post #1176 of 2042 Old 11-30-2011, 01:18 PM
AVS Special Member
 
hughh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Arlington TX
Posts: 2,194
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by watergate View Post

Hi!

Can anyone post their settings for the MVA panel (Yes I am a looser). I bought the 46" one and it came with the MVA pael. I need someone to post their settings for this panel because when I try the settings that the people has posted here I feel the TV has an image that to a picture taken at night without flash and with ISO400 film.

I try to calibrate it myself but end up with the blacks being totally unacceptable with a lot of bleeding.

Try raising the backlight a couple of notches and see if that helps.
hughh is offline  
post #1177 of 2042 Old 11-30-2011, 07:45 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
CaliCool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 431
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Main Event View Post

I recently ordered Disney's WOW calibration disc (which I highly recommend btw), and to my surprise my settings changed quite a bit comparing to the one I had with DVE. It matches more the Flatpanels and HDTVTest settings, giving it a more natural look in my eyes with less saturation.

Power Saving: Off
Scene: Custom
Backlight: 1
Contrast: 94
Brightness: 57
Color: 50
Hue: 0
Color Temperature: Warm 2
Sharpness: Min
Noise Reduction: Off
MPEG Noise Reduction: Off
Motionflow: Off
Film mode: Off

--Advanced Settings menu--
Black Corrector: Off
Adv. Contrast Enhancer: Low (I noticed that it actually enhances skin tones depeding on the scene)
Gamma: +1
Auto Light Limiter: Off
Clear White: Off
Live Color: Off
Detail Enhancer: Off
Edge Enhancer: Off
Skin Naturalizer: Off
i/p Conversion Preference: N/A

--White Balance menu--
R-Gain: -2
G-Gain: 0
B-Gain: 0
R-Bias: -2
G-Bias: -2
B-Bias: -2

Watched a whole movie with A.C.E. on last night (Social Network until 3:00 AM!). Lots of fluctuations on black levels though I admit that I'm kinda liking it. After all, I grew up with A.C.E. on!

Your White Balance is spot on now.

I have Backlight at 8 and Gamma at -1. Can you try it and see if you like it better?
CaliCool is offline  
post #1178 of 2042 Old 12-01-2011, 02:22 AM
Newbie
 
Paps1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thank you Allan2 for the manual
Paps1984 is offline  
post #1179 of 2042 Old 12-01-2011, 07:59 AM
Senior Member
 
The Main Event's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Quebec, Canada
Posts: 204
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliCool View Post

Watched a whole movie with A.C.E. on last night (Social Network until 3:00 AM!). Lots of fluctuations on black levels though I admit that I'm kinda liking it. After all, I grew up with A.C.E. on!

Your White Balance is spot on now.

I have Backlight at 8 and Gamma at -1. Can you try it and see if you like it better?

Is it with Power Saving on or off? Backlight's kinda high isn't it?
The Main Event is offline  
post #1180 of 2042 Old 12-01-2011, 09:23 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
CaliCool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 431
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It's with off...

So far enjoying it along with ACE. ACE will properly adjust the picture once it goes to the dark scenes.
CaliCool is offline  
post #1181 of 2042 Old 12-01-2011, 09:40 AM
Member
 
vando45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Alto, MI
Posts: 140
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by watergate View Post

Hi!

Can anyone post their settings for the MVA panel (Yes I am a looser). I bought the 46" one and it came with the MVA pael. I need someone to post their settings for this panel because when I try the settings that the people has posted here I feel the TV has an image that to a picture taken at night without flash and with ISO400 film.

I try to calibrate it myself but end up with the blacks being totally unacceptable with a lot of bleeding.

I have a 46" also. How do you tell what panel you have? I think I may have the same image problems as you. Then again, maybe I'm just used to my Panny plasma.
vando45 is offline  
post #1182 of 2042 Old 12-01-2011, 09:52 AM
AVS Special Member
 
hughh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Arlington TX
Posts: 2,194
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Here's two calibrations for your TV. It may help to get y'all started:

Sony EX720 review
http://www.flatpanelshd.com/review.p...&id=1303374989

HDTV picture settings forum: Sony KDL-46EX720 picture settings
http://forums.cnet.com/7723-19410_102-520828.html
hughh is offline  
post #1183 of 2042 Old 12-01-2011, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
CaliCool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 431
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've just noticed that placing identical settings to Custom and Cinema will still yield different results. (A note to our calibrators here)

Try it... I switched to Cinema because I could program a night and day setting via Cinema1 and Cinema2 and I was switching back and forth between Custom and Cinema, I noticed that Cinema had a brighter overall picture. Kinda like it has +1 Gamma by default, though it looked a little washed out when observed properly.
CaliCool is offline  
post #1184 of 2042 Old 12-01-2011, 11:25 AM
AVS Special Member
 
hughh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Arlington TX
Posts: 2,194
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliCool View Post

I've just noticed that placing identical settings to Custom and Cinema will still yield different results. (A note to our calibrators here)

Try it... I switched to Cinema because I could program a night and day setting via Cinema1 and Cinema2 and I was switching back and forth between Custom and Cinema, I noticed that Cinema had a brighter overall picture. Kinda like it has +1 Gamma by default, though it looked a little washed out when observed properly.

Yeah, Sony is known to have some internal settings in their Cinema Mode in almost all their rest (2010-11) Bravias. Reason I don't use Cinema...
hughh is offline  
post #1185 of 2042 Old 12-02-2011, 01:29 PM
Newbie
 
watergate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by vando45 View Post

I have a 46" also. How do you tell what panel you have? I think I may have the same image problems as you. Then again, maybe I'm just used to my Panny plasma.

Press successively and quickly keys i+ / 5 / volume + / power in order to access to service menu.

Search for the number you find here:
www digitalversus com/panel-switching-samsung-tvs-we-know-so-far-n15170.htm


Basically if it does not start on LTY400HF0 you probably have the crappy MVA panel.

Mine is the T46HW08 V2
watergate is offline  
post #1186 of 2042 Old 12-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Senior Member
 
Allan2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paps1984 View Post

Thank you Allan2 for the manual

You're welcome

Allan
Forum Admin
Tweaks.com
Allan2 is offline  
post #1187 of 2042 Old 12-03-2011, 03:40 PM
Senior Member
 
Spidergames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 383
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
am thinking about buying this tv, can you guys post more pictures... please
Spidergames is offline  
post #1188 of 2042 Old 12-03-2011, 10:32 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
CaliCool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 431
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The only pictures you'll find in here are those of sets with clouding issues. I'll try to upload pictures of my set with DSE.

Anyway guys, do you think my bias lighting contributed to the set's DSE? I've read somewhere that DSE is caused by cell wrapping, and the backlight heat accentuates the effect. (The older the panel, the worse it gets) I'm thinking my Philips T5 bulb which can get slightly hot is contributing to the DSE. Thoughts?
CaliCool is offline  
post #1189 of 2042 Old 12-04-2011, 04:32 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
CaliCool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 431
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Here are the settings that I use, courtesy of HomeTheater.com

These settings are modified for viewing on a dark room, with ambient light/bias light.

If you are viewing on a "daylight" set-up, or have many sources of light affecting the display, I suggest a backlight of 8 will suffice.

[2D]

Mode: Custom
Backlight: 5
Picture: 95
Brightness: 53
Color: 50
Hue: 0
Temp: Warm 2
Sharpness: 10
All Noise Reductions OFF. Auto for Dot Noise on non-HD TV shows.
Motionfow: OFF
CineMotion: Auto2

--Advanced Settings--
Black Corrector: Off
Advanced Contrast Enhancer: Low
Gamma: -1
Auto Light Limiter: Off
Clear White: Off
Live Color: Off

-White Balance-
RGAIN: -1
GGAIN: 0
BGAIN: -2
RBIAS: 0
GBIAS: 0
BBIAS: 0
Detail Enhancer: Medium
Edge Enhancer: Low

(Remember to set Screenisplay Area to FULL PIXEL)

[3D]

Mode: Custom
Backlight: MAX (Locked)
Picture: MAX
Brightness: 50
Color: 50
Hue: 0
Temp: Warm 2
Sharpness: 10
All Noise Reductions OFF.
Motionfow: OFF
CineMotion: Auto2

--Advanced Settings--
Black Corrector: Off
Advanced Contrast Enhancer: Medium
Gamma: 0
Auto Light Limiter: Off
Clear White: Off
Live Color: Off

-White Balance-
RGAIN: 0
GGAIN: -4
BGAIN: -5
RBIAS: 0
GBIAS: +1
BBIAS: +1
Detail Enhancer: Medium
Edge Enhancer: Low

(3D Brightness: AUTO, 3D Depth: 0)
CaliCool is offline  
post #1190 of 2042 Old 12-05-2011, 04:27 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
DavidHir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 10,222
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 391
What is the 2D performance of this set like compared to the 60" Sharp 632 and Panasonic 60" ST30? (Assume professionally calibrated).

I have to replace my 60A3000 SXRD and Sony offered me $1275 plus tax for the 60EX720. I can get the other two sets for roughly the same price.

Either way, this is likely just a one year "hold over" for me as I plan on buying something really nice later next year.

DavidHir is offline  
post #1191 of 2042 Old 12-05-2011, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
CaliCool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 431
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
A Sony tech is coming over here to check the TV, wish me luck guys! I'm now going to find a setting that will really display the problem, and maybe throw a "clouding" pitch too.

David,

The ST30 is a plasma so if we are going to compare by 2D performance, you will find that this Sony is brighter than the ST30... which will benefit you if your viewing environment is bright. Also, this LED has an excellent black level for being an LED, especially when you have a bias light/ambient light around the TV. With Advanced Contrast Enhancer ON, you'll see that when the display fades to black it is really black.

On a side note, you will find screen uniformity issues here more than the near perfect plasma. I'll be having a plasma after Christmas time and the main reason for the purchase is the screen uniformity. Clouding, dirty screen effect, color banding to some extent are just natural problems.

With "conservative" settings though, TV does output a solid 2D picture. If it's 2D performance you are just looking for, then I'd highly recommend the TV. Where it fails is the overall package when you factor in crosstalk nation.
CaliCool is offline  
post #1192 of 2042 Old 12-05-2011, 05:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
DavidHir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 10,222
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 391
Thanks, CaliCool.

Do you notice much black bar fluctuation with letterbox movies?

DavidHir is offline  
post #1193 of 2042 Old 12-05-2011, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
CaliCool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 431
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHir View Post

Thanks, CaliCool.

Do you notice much black bar fluctuation with letterbox movies?

Nope... Not at all. I believe this black bar fluctuation (black pops) is only associated with Plasmas, even the high-end models of Samsung D7000-8000 are affected with it.

If anything, with this set, you'll see that the Advanced Contrast Enhancer will fluctuate the brightness of the whole scene... Sometimes fast enough to fool me.

With ACE off, you will see a consistent black bar brightness here if that's one of your concerns.
CaliCool is offline  
post #1194 of 2042 Old 12-05-2011, 05:43 PM
Member
 
interpolnyc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
What is the reason that you call a Sony tech for your tv? 3d?

Is that what you are trying to fix? or do you have another problem?
interpolnyc is offline  
post #1195 of 2042 Old 12-05-2011, 05:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
DavidHir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 10,222
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliCool View Post

Nope... Not at all. I believe this black bar fluctuation (black pops) is only associated with Plasmas, even the high-end models of Samsung D7000-8000 are affected with it.

If anything, with this set, you'll see that the Advanced Contrast Enhancer will fluctuate the brightness of the whole scene... Sometimes fast enough to fool me.

With ACE off, you will see a consistent black bar brightness here if that's one of your concerns.

Cool. So do the bars look pretty "black"? That is one of those pet peaves of mine - so much so I had to create black cardboard mattes for my SXRD using velcro.

Also, it seems the clouding varies set to set? I am okay with a little so long as its not horrible.

If I get this from Sony, do you they offer a return policy do you know? I guess I need to ask them.

DavidHir is offline  
post #1196 of 2042 Old 12-05-2011, 06:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
David Susilo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Markham, Canada
Posts: 9,407
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 328
corner clouding is quite an issue with this model. Between my own and two other 720 I calibrated, you can easily see the clouding while watching letterboxed movies. It's annoying as heck.

Right now I'm trying to sell my TV with the three 3D glasses.

People who came to visit say that the TV is great, but coming from Pioneer Elite Plasma and front projection, I feel like I've wasted my money (and time calibrating).

follow my A/V tweets @davidsusilo

ISF, THX, CEDIA, Control4 & HAA certified
Reviewer for TED, QAV, AUVI & DownUnder Audio Magazine

my (yet to be completed) BD list
my home theatre

David Susilo is offline  
post #1197 of 2042 Old 12-05-2011, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
CaliCool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 431
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by interpolnyc View Post

What is the reason that you call a Sony tech for your tv? 3d?

Is that what you are trying to fix? or do you have another problem?

The Dirty Screen Effect is the reason I called up a Sony tech. Mine's worse than possibly any of you have, since you don't notice it. At first, it was subtle but as time went it seems like the whole screen has a vertical and horizontal streak somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHir View Post

Cool. So do the bars look pretty "black"? That is one of those pet peaves of mine - so much so I had to create black cardboard mattes for my SXRD using velcro.

Also, it seems the clouding varies set to set? I am okay with a little so long as its not horrible.

If I get this from Sony, do you they offer a return policy do you know? I guess I need to ask them.

Yeah, its pretty black... but then again, like David said, Plasma will always generate deeper blacks. In order to have my letterbox black get really black, I had to install bias lighting to increased perceived black levels. Then I don't notice the clouding at all.

Before I had bias lighting, I had to fiddle with the Power Saving option and Backlight to hide the clouding. In return, the LED brightness and vividness that people are touting about are reduced due to that. With Light Sensor ON, there's almost no clouding at the expense of a really dim picture...

If black levels are your thing and you want to try an LED, ask Sony if you can exchange the set for the HX929. The Local Dimming is great and satisfies even the toughest customers in terms of black level.
CaliCool is offline  
post #1198 of 2042 Old 12-06-2011, 08:48 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
DavidHir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 10,222
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliCool View Post

The Dirty Screen Effect is the reason I called up a Sony tech. Mine's worse than possibly any of you have, since you don't notice it. At first, it was subtle but as time went it seems like the whole screen has a vertical and horizontal streak somewhere.



Yeah, its pretty black... but then again, like David said, Plasma will always generate deeper blacks. In order to have my letterbox black get really black, I had to install bias lighting to increased perceived black levels. Then I don't notice the clouding at all.

Before I had bias lighting, I had to fiddle with the Power Saving option and Backlight to hide the clouding. In return, the LED brightness and vividness that people are touting about are reduced due to that. With Light Sensor ON, there's almost no clouding at the expense of a really dim picture...

If black levels are your thing and you want to try an LED, ask Sony if you can exchange the set for the HX929. The Local Dimming is great and satisfies even the toughest customers in terms of black level.

Thanks. Well, unfortunately I am probably going to rule this set out. I am seeing far more complaints and criticism about it versus the Sharp or ST30. People in those threads seems much happier and it seems as if those sets provide a more pleasing image.

I could ask about the 929, but they will more than likely offer a price I cannot justify.

DavidHir is offline  
post #1199 of 2042 Old 12-06-2011, 09:05 PM
Newbie
 
dbhashman93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliCool View Post

The Dirty Screen Effect is the reason I called up a Sony tech. Mine's worse than possibly any of you have, since you don't notice it. At first, it was subtle but as time went it seems like the whole screen has a vertical and horizontal streak somewhere.

Hey Cali, let us know what response you get from the Sony rep. I have the same problem and mine seems to be getting worse over time as well.
dbhashman93 is offline  
post #1200 of 2042 Old 12-06-2011, 09:11 PM
Senior Member
 
Spidergames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 383
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
still no pics here
Spidergames is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Bravia Kdl40ex720 40 Inch 1080p 3d Led Hdtv , Sony Bravia Kdl55ex720 55 Inch 1080p 3d Led Hdtv Black , Sony Bravia Kdl60ex720 60 Inch 1080p 3d Led Hdtv Black , Sony Bravia Kdl46ex720 46 Inch 1080p 3d Led Hdtv Black , Displays
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off