Olevia LCD problem (Burn in?) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 05-13-2011, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello everyone I'm new here and unfortunately I need some help with my TV. It's a 27in LCD from Olevia. I've had it for about 3 years and up until now it's been great. Recently though I've had some problems with burn in. I accidentally left a game menu paused for about 10 minutes and when I came back it was burnt in. It was a bit surprising to me because I had left a menu on the screen for much longer than that before, for one reason or another, and nothing happened.

Luckily, just turning the TV off overnight got rid of the burn in. However, for some reason a new problem has arisen and I'm not sure what caused it or if it can be fixed. Since the burn in incident I have been very cautious with my TV, always turning it off even if I'm only gonna be gone for a few minutes. About a week ago this new problem showed up with seemingly no cause at all. I'm not even sure if it's burn in. I'll try to describe it as best I can.

It appears almost like a permanent glare. It looks like lines going vertically down the screen but they are pretty thick, almost like stripes. Each one looks about 1 inch thick. The thing is they only appear in neutral colors. Gray being the easiest to see them with. Anything that isn't very bright or very dark and you can see them. For the most part it's unnoticeable when watching TV, but it becomes a very big annoyance when playing games.

Again, I have no idea what caused them to show up or even what they are. I was wondering if anyone here has encountered the same problem. If so, is it something I can fix rather easily or would buying a new TV be the best course of action? I'm prepared to buy a new TV, but if there is a simple fix for this I would greatly appropriate the help.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and if you need any additional info please let me know!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page