getting tired of searching ....please help me out! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-21-2011, 09:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi everyone need some help buing a tv.... here my story 2 weeks ago I bought a samsung un46c8000 loved the picture but it had terrible banding...I returned it for a sony ex55720 i found the picture quality to be terrible compared to the samsung...so I'm going to return it on monday...

here are some of my choices not sure if they are good ones ....the samsung 6500 model or a lg lw5700. witch is better? those are the ones i have seen at best buy....my limit is 3000 canadian dollars....

will the new samsung un55d6500 look as nice as my c8000 model did?

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-22-2011, 02:30 PM
dfp
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Hope you know the C models are last year's and the D's are this year's. Since no one's giving you any help, let me say that most D owners on the forum say they're better than similar C's they had last year.

I believe your C model had something called precision dimming which is a firmware attempt to make blacks blacker. A D6500 doesn't have that feature, called microdimming this year in the D7000 line. Unless you're a videophile, the D6500 will probably look great.

I don't know anything about the LG. Generally speaking, Sony and Samsung are considered top tier brands by pro reviewers. LG is considered a solid second. I've helped set up two LGs for friends and they have a very good picture. Both had matte screens, however, and I like the "pop" the Samsung glossy screen produces. Go to CNET and search the web for reviews of the LG.

I'll be asked to recommend a set this year for a close friend and will probably recommend something in the D6000 line... more reasonably priced than upscale models. Good luck.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-22-2011, 08:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfp View Post

Hope you know the C models are last year's and the D's are this year's. Since no one's giving you any help, let me say that most D owners on the forum say they're better than similar C's they had last year.

I believe your C model had something called precision dimming which is a firmware attempt to make blacks blacker. A D6500 doesn't have that feature, called microdimming this year in the D7000 line. Unless you're a videophile, the D6500 will probably look great.

I don't know anything about the LG. Generally speaking, Sony and Samsung are considered top tier brands by pro reviewers. LG is considered a solid second. I've helped set up two LGs for friends and they have a very good picture. Both had matte screens, however, and I like the "pop" the Samsung glossy screen produces. Go to CNET and search the web for reviews of the LG.

I'll be asked to recommend a set this year for a close friend and will probably recommend something in the D6000 line... more reasonably priced than upscale models. Good luck.

with regards to the Sony, the EX line is not Sony's upper tier, I would suggest he/she look at the HX. NX and LX line and the XBR

I took the red pill.
(and got screwed by Toshiba)
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page