Streaming Multimedia to Sony HX929 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 06-12-2011, 08:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

Not sure if I was to post this in the Official HX929 owners thread or start a new one. But seeing as the Official owners thread is about to run into 100 pages I thought best to start a new one here...

Anyhow, my question is regarding the wireless/DLNA components of the HX929 TV. I am looking to purchase this TV but wanted to know what the capabilities were in terms of streaming media (video, music, etc) from both my Windows PC (via Media Center) and a NAS box (such as a Drobo FS) which I am looking to add soon too.

Currently I use my PS3 to connect to the Windows media center on my Windows PC wirelessly through my LAN. I am then able to watch the video through a HDMI cable from my PS3 to the TV in hi-def.

I know the new HX929 has wireless built-in and is also DLNA compliant but how will this effect my existing set up and also my planned connection to the new NAS box. Will I still need my PS3 with the new TV or can I connect straight from the TV to the NAS box and the Windows PC? Do I need any cables from any of the boxes to be able to watch video in Hi-Def on the HX929?

Any help appreciated! All the guys in the Sony Store that I have asked have seemed pretty clueless when it comes to this sort of stuff!

Cheers,
Rick
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page