Passive FPR 3D ghosting problems in Interlace and Checkerboard - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 513 Old 08-05-2011, 03:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,
I advise you this.
3dtvplay/amdhd3d is a very bad way to play stereoscopic 3d games, on these passive tv's 720p/60hz is'nt really 720p due to losing half the horizontal resolution, to me this looks extremely ugly, 1080p allso is'nt 1080p due to loss of horizontal resolution but as its a 1080p signal the loss of res is'nt nearly as bad as the loss in 720p/60hz.
I'll be moving to amd soon and i'll be planning on never using amd3d as tridef/iz3d's interlaced/interleaved/sbs looks alot better at 1080p/60hz res.

I remember awhile back i had this issue but for the life of me i can't remember what the fix was, but then i would of had this issue with tridef/iz3d but not using amd hd3d as i have nvidia and the issue only arose on 720p and it was with a samsung 3dtv.

Shame about the color ghosting bug you have, this can be fixed but at a cost of losing amd hd3d, or you could use a vga cable for interlaced/interleaved and a hdmi for hd3d but i think you would need to swap out these connections 1 at a time possibly, do'nt know if it would work with hdmi and vga plugged into your pc and tv at same time unless you switched main displays in catalyst control center.???

Bugged Interleaved/checkerboard lg forum thread, please add your names.http://www.avforums.com/forums/lg-fo...-lg-3dtvs.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 513 Old 08-05-2011, 03:58 AM

Cheers for the reply!

I didn't realise that. I mean, it makes sense, and I'd read elsewhere something about the coversion of 1080p to half res with side-by-side, but to be honest I'd completely forgotten about that by the time I got this far, wood for the trees sort of thing. Only got the TV Monday, so first foray into 3d gaming, though been building my own rigs for over 20 years now.

What threw me I think was that I was checking the info on the LG and it was reporting 1080p24 while running with AMD HD3D, and because I had to adjust the underscan settings when I first changed the label to PC for the HDMI port, I just sort of neglected to think there would be any actual res shifting.

I just read somewhere else that using the supplied HDMI to DVI converter included with the ATI card, rather than pure HDMI should alleviate some of these issues. Quite what effect this will have on Bluray content, if any, I'm uncertain. If I'm not mistaken I believe it will work just fine, with protected audio being converted off my Xonar, but whether or not protected content will pass through the DVI->HDMI I'll have to test it over the weekend to be sure as again, I'm kinda new to Bluray. (Nightmare in itself getting THAT working on a PC!)

To be fair, the ghosting with interlacing isn't a massive issue and only seems more noticable with extreme popout images (unlike AMD HD3D which is crystal, oddly). IIRC though I think I fiddled with the pixel format options, allowing for full RGB which, although the TV is supposed to support, might well be throwing my palette out of whack.

This fix for ghosting but kills HDMI 1.4a - what is this exactly and why does it kill HDMI? I've heard it mentioned elsewhere. It might be a problem for me, as I'm using my PC (now) as an all in one type system, as it also has a blu-ray drive connected, so killing off HDMI (and, potentially using the HDMI-DVI converter) may not be an option.

I think tonight I'll reset my TV and Catalyst settings back to default; quite possibly shunted a number of settings out over time just trying to resolve the HD3D issue with adverse effects.
post #93 of 513 Old 08-05-2011, 08:07 AM

It does'nt kill hdmi, it just stops hdmi 1.4 from working, aka amdhd3d/3dtvplay/3dbluray as the edid overide deletes the extension that holds the info for the 3dtv side of things, this is no biggy for me as i would never use 3d bluray/3dtvplay or amd hd3d, this may pose a problem for you though.

I'm happy with my edid overide and interlaced/interleaved 3d, for films i use sbs and sometimes i'll use sbs for games but mostly its just interlaced and zero lag from 3d processing, i have allso just found out from Mrhopeful that powerdvd11 can take sbs films and make them interlaced on the fly so now i'm nearly 100% interlaced/interleaved 3d only .

If you did'nt want to mess around i'd suggest using a vga cable for interleaved/interlaced and hdmi for your other 3d things.

When you start to increase teh depth the color ghosting become unbearable, with an original edid i can get color ghosting in cb and interlaced/interleaved to diminish alittle but then i have to lower my colurs ect and i like to have a colourfull screen and not a nearly black and white one..

Bugged Interleaved/checkerboard lg forum thread, please add your names.http://www.avforums.com/forums/lg-fo...-lg-3dtvs.html
post #94 of 513 Old 08-05-2011, 11:51 AM

And all this because of the EDID? That's a bit mental, is that an actual fault, or does the edit just override something?

Is it an undoable edit? ie: Is it something I could swap between on the fly as and when?
post #95 of 513 Old 08-05-2011, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subv3rse View Post

And all this because of the EDID? That's a bit mental, is that an actual fault, or does the edit just override something?

Is it an undoable edit? ie: Is it something I could swap between on the fly as and when?

At the moment your correct, all this is because of something thats in the edid extension bloc, the modified edid has this bloc deleted and this holds the info for hdmi 1.4 spec.
We do'nt know if it's a fault yet, a few weeks ago i would of said 100% it's a fault as checkerboard and interlaced/interleaved did'nt work without the color ghosting.
But now i stumbled upon the fix i'm not sure, seeing as the fix only fixes interlaced and not checkerboard then i'd say the tv's firmware is at fault as it's not been calibrated correctly.
Turning off all colour fixes the colorbug, this proves something and i'm sure we will know what that will be very soon.

Yes its swappable, after you have installed the modified edid you can switch back to your original edid at anytime ,all you do is roll back the monitors driver and you will have the original edid again.
Then to re-install the modified edid you update the monitor driver again.
It's very safe.

post #96 of 513 Old 08-05-2011, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Subv3rse,

What kind of ghosting do you have in interleaved mode? Is it a grey ghosting or colored ghosting, those two are treated differently.

I was looking at your tv and I'm not sure what firmware you have but you might need to use isf expert mode and "blank" label input to reduce ghosting for Interleave if it is using a lower firmware than mine 4.00.18. My settings are contingent with using the latest firmware.

As for the underscanning on HD3D mode, that may be a problem I recently saw with 11.8 Preview drivers. I can't test this without running it on my side. This is what I would do to fix your problem is to set the resolution to 1920x1080 24Hz and adjust the black boxes until there is no underscan. It's usually all the way to the right for AMD video cards. I don't think you need to use optimized HDTV modes to achieve the HD3D working. When borders are fixed, you should switch back to 1920x1080 60 Hz because this is what you want to always have set as to native mode gaming. HD3D requires the 24Hz set beforehand.

For ghosting if ISF expert mode does not help, did you try the EDID fix, you should always monitor your AQBS in IZ3D profile help in case you cannot use HD3D. In that case, I have a system point created before the change so I swap back and forth but you may not need to do this.

About playing with the settings in RGB full or Ycrb, you may find something out that could help with the ghosting. So far on my end, RGB just increases the color output but does not degrade or cause more ghosting.
post #97 of 513 Old 08-06-2011, 12:10 AM

Hey skyguy et al

I'm about 3 weeks off getting myself one of these, the 55LW6500 (the 200hz/240hz model as opposed to the 5600) and have taken the opportunity to go into the store with my laptop and test it out. My laptop runs an ATI mobility HD4330 - not particularly fancy but good enough for me to do some tests.

Referring to your guide skyguy I had great success. I was outputting 1080p60 with the IZ3D drivers doing interleaved, and although my tests were pretty brief I noticed no ghosting whatsoever. The graphics card is too old to do the AMD output format so I couldn't test that, but seeing as I will be running a nVidia card through the TV when I actually buy it it wasn't a concern of mine.

My tests were the IZ3D Static Test, playing Trackmania United, and playing side-by-side videos in Stereoscopic Player with it outputting Row Interleaved. The picture appeared flawless - my main concern was that there might be ghosting, but I didn't notice any. I will perform another test just before I buy the TV to ensure there was no ghosting, but I certainly didn't notice any this time around.

The only thing that bugged me slightly was that fine text (e.g. taskbar text) was a bit difficult to read with the glasses on, but that's just the nature of the technology.

There are a couple of things worth noting: first, beyond labelling the HDMI input as PC, I didn't change any of the picture settings from what they were in the store (i.e. sharpness, contrast, brightness, etc.) - if there had been some ghosting I would have tweaked settings using your guide, but this wasn't necessary. Second, the firmware version was an older version than yours, I can't quite remember what it was but it was something like 3.00.84 - perhaps the firmware revision numbers don't correlate between the 6500 and 5600 models.

So it was interesting stuff, I'll post more information in a few weeks and if possible perhaps I can provide you guys with the EDID from the TV so you can find a final solution to the ghosting on the other displays.

Cheers
post #98 of 513 Old 08-06-2011, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphodalive View Post

Hey skyguy et al

I'm about 3 weeks off getting myself one of these, the 55LW6500 (the 200hz/240hz model as opposed to the 5600) and have taken the opportunity to go into the store with my laptop and test it out. My laptop runs an ATI mobility HD4330 - not particularly fancy but good enough for me to do some tests.

Referring to your guide skyguy I had great success. I was outputting 1080p60 with the IZ3D drivers doing interleaved, and although my tests were pretty brief I noticed no ghosting whatsoever. The graphics card is too old to do the AMD output format so I couldn't test that, but seeing as I will be running a nVidia card through the TV when I actually buy it it wasn't a concern of mine.

My tests were the IZ3D Static Test, playing Trackmania United, and playing side-by-side videos in Stereoscopic Player with it outputting Row Interleaved. The picture appeared flawless - my main concern was that there might be ghosting, but I didn't notice any. I will perform another test just before I buy the TV to ensure there was no ghosting, but I certainly didn't notice any this time around.

The only thing that bugged me slightly was that fine text (e.g. taskbar text) was a bit difficult to read with the glasses on, but that's just the nature of the technology.

There are a couple of things worth noting: first, beyond labelling the HDMI input as PC, I didn't change any of the picture settings from what they were in the store (i.e. sharpness, contrast, brightness, etc.) - if there had been some ghosting I would have tweaked settings using your guide, but this wasn't necessary. Second, the firmware version was an older version than yours, I can't quite remember what it was but it was something like 3.00.84 - perhaps the firmware revision numbers don't correlate between the 6500 and 5600 models.

So it was interesting stuff, I'll post more information in a few weeks and if possible perhaps I can provide you guys with the EDID from the TV so you can find a final solution to the ghosting on the other displays.

Cheers

It would be nice to know that i could upgrade to something without the colorbug.
Next time you test could you please test a game/3d image that has alot of bright colours in it with high depth over 40% and allso can you test checkerboard, now that we have confirmation of interlaced working cb will allso need confirming too as we have interlaced working but cb still has same bug so you could really help us here.

For me checkerboard is needed really bad for 3dvision, without a working checkerboard these tv's are no good to me and i'd have to upgrade to a different brand and possibly active again , i just want to see checkerboard working from somebody.
Thanks

post #99 of 513 Old 08-06-2011, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butmuncher View Post

It would be nice to know that i could upgrade to something without the colorbug.
Next time you test could you please test a game/3d image that has alot of bright colours in it with high depth over 40% and allso can you test checkerboard, now that we have confirmation of interlaced working cb will allso need confirming too as we have interlaced working but cb still has same bug so you could really help us here.

For me checkerboard is needed really bad for 3dvision, without a working checkerboard these tv's are no good to me and i'd have to upgrade to a different brand and possibly active again , i just want to see checkerboard working from somebody.
Thanks

Hey Butmuncher

I'll be getting this TV around the beginning of September, but I'll be doing some more tests around 15 August so it's only about a week and a half away - once I've tested it out I'll let you guys know how it goes.

As far as testing bright colours (I'm assuming you're Aussie or European to spell "colour" like that - I'm from NZ), Trackmania United was pretty bright and looked fine. When it comes to 40% depth, are you referring to 40% separation in the IZ3D drivers? I didn't fiddle with any of the separation/convergence settings when I tested it (it looked pretty damn good with the default settings with plenty of depth), but I can do that next time so just let me know what you want me to test.

I can check checkerboard at that time as well, but from what I understand of the technology the interleaved output is as good as you can get so I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve. Either way, it's the 3D DLP output with IZ3D that I need to use for checkerboard isn't it? If so I'll give it a go for you.

Let me know the specifics of what you'd like me to check for, and I'll let you know in the next couple of weeks how it goes. The only thing I'll be unlikely to change in my next test is the firmware - the store probably won't update it on the display model at my request.

One question I have for you guys: how good is the upsampling is Stereoscopic Player? I didn't have time to do any testing in the store, just wondering if I'm better off using Stereoscopic Player to convert a half-SBS video to interleaved for the TV or to output SBS to the TV and use its SBS 3D mode to display the video... any observations on what gives a better result would be good thanks.

Cheers
post #100 of 513 Old 08-06-2011, 06:18 AM

Quote:

Hey Butmuncher

I'll be getting this TV around the beginning of September, but I'll be doing some more tests around 15 August so it's only about a week and a half away - once I've tested it out I'll let you guys know how it goes.

As far as testing bright colours (I'm assuming you're Aussie or European to spell "colour" like that - I'm from NZ), Trackmania United was pretty bright and looked fine. When it comes to 40% depth, are you referring to 40% separation in the IZ3D drivers? I didn't fiddle with any of the separation/convergence settings when I tested it (it looked pretty damn good with the default settings with plenty of depth), but I can do that next time so just let me know what you want me to test.

I can check checkerboard at that time as well, but from what I understand of the technology the interleaved output is as good as you can get so I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve. Either way, it's the 3D DLP output with IZ3D that I need to use for checkerboard isn't it? If so I'll give it a go for you.

Let me know the specifics of what you'd like me to check for, and I'll let you know in the next couple of weeks how it goes. The only thing I'll be unlikely to change in my next test is the firmware - the store probably won't update it on the display model at my request.

One question I have for you guys: how good is the upsampling is Stereoscopic Player? I didn't have time to do any testing in the store, just wondering if I'm better off using Stereoscopic Player to convert a half-SBS video to interleaved for the TV or to output SBS to the TV and use its SBS 3D mode to display the video... any observations on what gives a better result would be good thanks.

Cheers

Cool thanks dude.

i find on my ld950 ( may be different for others ) that sbs has a softer 3d image and in game i only need 4xaa to smooth things out, but same game with interlaced wether it's optimized or not i cannot smooth things over with 32xaa as it looks as if there is horizontal alaising which must have something todo with it being a interlaced/interleaved image.
I do however allways use interlaced/interleaved for 3d gaming now but i'm still one way or another about what's best for 3d films, i have some audio lag in 3d mode while watching sbs but i do'nt with interlaced/interleaved but then i'm sure the picture looks better with sbs.

Yes iz3d is 3d dlp and depth is seperation, you can change the depth ingame by using the + - on your keyboards numberpad as they are the hotkeys.
I'm from teh uk so spell " color " as " colour " but sometimes i get mixed up as most of the forums are not from the uk so i try to keep it in context.
Checkerboard is needed for the following reason....

There are 4 types of stereoscopic gaming softwares, tridef,iz3d, 3dvision and 3dtvplay but we'll just say theres 3 softwares as 3dtvplay is totally rubbish but that's just my opinion.

So we use interlaced/interleaved with tridef and iz3d but we can't use interlaced for 3dvision as it only supports 120hz pageflipping or checkerboard.
Seeing as we are having problems with checkerboard i now find myself locked out of 3dvision due to the colorbug, i do'nt like to play with low depth/seperation and i allso do'nt adjust settings ect to make the checkerboard ok-ish, i play perfect 3d or not at all after all why would anybody want to play something that's flawed when they have perfectly working other types of 3d.

So without checkerboard i can only use 2 of the stereoscopic softwares which is tridef and iz3d...

This kills me because i had a samsung c750 3dtv before this lg ld950 and checkerboard worked as it should with no colorbugs or problems.

I spent 4 months of my life without working interlaced/interleaved or checkerboard so that's £850 for a tv that i can't use with 3dvision or anything else that outputs checkerboard, it's crazy, and only recently have i managed to get interlaced working correctly with no colorbug.

I feel like checkerboard has took over my life lol

I'd be gratefull of the info you can supply us in the future of your new tv.

How would it affect you if you had the colorbug with checkerboard?
Well you would'nt be able to use 3dvision for free with your nvidia card and the 3dvision emu so you'd be stuck with 3dtvplay if you could bear it.

Some games work better with tridef,iz3d or 3dvision, maybe a game does'nt work with tridef or iz3d but it works with 3dvision, but damn i have the colorbug so no playing the game.

If you want to be a hardcore 3d gamer then you will probly at some piont need one or the other, by this time you would of had to buy iz3d and tridef, and as 3dvision is free with teh emu on nvidia cards then its not big a hole in your pocket.

link to nvidia emu

http://translate.google.com/translat...26page%3Dclone

post #101 of 513 Old 08-06-2011, 06:42 AM

oops!

post #102 of 513 Old 08-06-2011, 08:11 AM

Right!

I've just learnt far more than I ever wanted to know about monitor INF's

Re your original post Butmuncher, if I'd actually read the beginning of the thread properly I'd have seen the part referring to the inf creation of the dat file from the EDID. As it was, I skipped over that bit and subsequently missed it, thus was likening the EDID fix to something akin to a firmware flash

Ok, so between yours and SkyGuy3d's posts, I now have my very own modified extension killing LG LW450U EDID inf update installed and confirmed by trying to run AMD HD3d (which now reports "please connect a compatable display". Done and dusted there. I've also generated an "original", just in case.

Now, what I've noticed from a preliminary is that there are some differences in image quality. Still trying to ascertain "what" exactly, except to say that it "appears" to be somewhat sharper. Mind, I'm sitting 3m back from a 42" tele but it seems to be visually more crisp, which leads me to believe I had more of a ghosting issue than I thought, but that I was actually looking at the wrong issue I'm seeing most profoundly....

Which is where SkyGuy3d's question comes in... I think what I'm seeing is what you referred to as the greyscale ghosting now. Essentially if taking something like Borderlands and staring at a lamp post, I've got the lamp post in 3d, but then about an inch either side I've got a grey ghost of it. That said, there's a red light on top of said lamp post which mirrors itself in red too either side.... In short, I'm seeing 3 of everything, with the middle being bold and the 2 either side almost as a watermark, for want of a better description.

Now is this a convergance issue or something to do with interlacing? The problem doesn't seem to be quite as apparent on iZ3d drivers, and was non-existent with HD3D.

Just to throw it out there, if I run TriDef's 3d Experience in interlaced, the spinning cube and the icons are seriously messed up, compared to HD3d. But then I could easily put that down to that particular app not being properly aligned.

For the record I managed to get the underscan issue resolved too (before updating the INF) - I'd already aligned the 1080p24 image, but I hadn't bothered with the 720p24. Did that and it worked fine.
post #103 of 513 Old 08-06-2011, 08:50 AM

Quote:

Right!

I've just learnt far more than I ever wanted to know about monitor INF's

Re your original post Butmuncher, if I'd actually read the beginning of the thread properly I'd have seen the part referring to the inf creation of the dat file from the EDID. As it was, I skipped over that bit and subsequently missed it, thus was likening the EDID fix to something akin to a firmware flash

Ok, so between yours and SkyGuy3d's posts, I now have my very own modified extension killing LG LW450U EDID inf update installed and confirmed by trying to run AMD HD3d (which now reports "please connect a compatable display". Done and dusted there. I've also generated an "original", just in case.

Now, what I've noticed from a preliminary is that there are some differences in image quality. Still trying to ascertain "what" exactly, except to say that it "appears" to be somewhat sharper. Mind, I'm sitting 3m back from a 42" tele but it seems to be visually more crisp, which leads me to believe I had more of a ghosting issue than I thought, but that I was actually looking at the wrong issue I'm seeing most profoundly....

Which is where SkyGuy3d's question comes in... I think what I'm seeing is what you referred to as the greyscale ghosting now. Essentially if taking something like Borderlands and staring at a lamp post, I've got the lamp post in 3d, but then about an inch either side I've got a grey ghost of it. That said, there's a red light on top of said lamp post which mirrors itself in red too either side.... In short, I'm seeing 3 of everything, with the middle being bold and the 2 either side almost as a watermark, for want of a better description.

Now is this a convergance issue or something to do with interlacing? The problem doesn't seem to be quite as apparent on iZ3d drivers, and was non-existent with HD3D.

Just to throw it out there, if I run TriDef's 3d Experience in interlaced, the spinning cube and the icons are seriously messed up, compared to HD3d. But then I could easily put that down to that particular app not being properly aligned.

For the record I managed to get the underscan issue resolved too (before updating the INF) - I'd already aligned the 1080p24 image, but I hadn't bothered with the 720p24. Did that and it worked fine.

Hi,
lets see if we can sort this out. Is it possible you can take a picture of the tridef experience cube loading up through one of your 3d glasses lenses and post it somewhere like mediafire or a host of your chioce, i would really like to see whats messed up and this can only be done by way of picture from phone/camera.

post #104 of 513 Old 08-06-2011, 09:10 AM

Be advised, rolling back the display driver to use the generic PNP driver does NOT undo the EDID fix. Trying to use HD3d with the generic PNP driver at this point still reports "Please connect a comparable 3d display". Unplugging the HDMI cable and plugging it back in again makes no difference either.

I too did a system restore snapshot before doing the update, so was able to do a full system rollback. (Wanted to test something under HD3D). I didn't try using my "original" EDID, which may well have worked, but I'm just trying different things out at the moment.

Of course there could also be underlying issues that may arise due to the new inf (override or otherwise) complaining about not being signed. Food for thought anyway.

I'll see if I can take a photo but I've got a poor camera phone camera only, so the result are going to be fairly pitiful I think. If that's the case I'll grab my laptop from work during the week and do it that way.
post #105 of 513 Old 08-06-2011, 09:31 AM

Ah, i never used hdmi 1.4 again afterward i just presumed rolling back the driver would have 1.4 working again, my mistake and sorry for any issues this has caused, it's easily fixable though as you just make a inf from moninfo using the " realtime " option under " displays " which is the windows on the left in moninfo.

I have took 2 pictures myself, 1 is with teh edid fix and 1 is without, as you can see the edid fix gives a nice crisp ghostless image where as with teh original edid you can see teh box is messed up, is this what you see, the messed up image?
Pictures was took using a crappy phone and i took the pics through the left lense of the glasses.

without fix

with fix

post #106 of 513 Old 08-06-2011, 10:26 AM

... Ok... My before and after are exactly the same as your before...

That's... odd.

Seems all that happens for me, is that I lose HDMI1.4, but gain sod all.

Cracking.
post #107 of 513 Old 08-06-2011, 10:31 AM

Quote:

... Ok... My before and after are exactly the same as your before...

That's... odd.

Seems all that happens for me, is that I lose HDMI1.4, but gain sod all.

Cracking.

Did you make your own edid fix?
Does it show in moninfo that the extension bloc is " none " ?
If its showing anything but " none " then it has'nt been done correctly, i'm sure you'll work it out, if you can't though you can dl this edid mediafire.com/?f09igz989kkgatf and install that.

It's all about having the extension bloc deleted and you can only delete that with Pheonix edid designer

post #108 of 513 Old 08-06-2011, 10:51 AM

*Sigh*

Yeah. And I just recreated it. And I tried using yours. Each time if I check Moninfo, it says Extension Bloc: None, but once I actually install it, moninfo STILL reports the extension bloc exists, even after a restart.

*bangs head against wall*
post #109 of 513 Old 08-06-2011, 10:58 AM

Quote:

*Sigh*

Yeah. And I just recreated it. And I tried using yours. Each time if I check Moninfo, it says Extension Bloc: None, but once I actually install it, moninfo STILL reports the extension bloc exists, even after a restart.

*bangs head against wall*

Using moninfo under display id's there is " registry-active ", this is the active edid that is running so it's here you will need to look to see if the extension blocs is reported as none.

I'm hoping to god that you won't be the first person this fix does'nt work for .
Changing edids allways needs a restart everytime

Can you use pheonix edid designer to save a .dat file and upload it somewhere, the dat will have the edid your using and it'll show me if you have actually installed the edid with no extension bloc.
I want to say it's user error because the alternitive is that it'll not work for you and that would make me

Or you could us ethe reg active in moninfo and just copy and paste the text here .

post #110 of 513 Old 08-06-2011, 11:34 AM

Err... Yeah.... Shortly after I made that last post, I looked closer at moninfo - mainly as I was going to go into the registry and find the element to delete manually.... at which point i saw the realtime, active etc catagories... *cough*

So! It now says "Extension Block: None"

Ignore my previous rants about that bit....

Monitor
Model name............... LG TV
Windows description...... LGE LG TV (GSM0001 EDID Override) LG TV
Manufacturer............. LGE
Plug and Play ID......... GSM0001
Serial number............ n/a
Manufacture date......... 2011, ISO week 1
Filter driver............ Monitor, EDID Override
-------------------------
EDID revision............ 1.3
Input signal type........ Digital
Color bit depth.......... Undefined
Display type............. RGB color
Screen size.............. 160 x 90 mm (7.2 in)
Power management......... Not supported
Extension blocs.......... None
DDC/CI................... n/a

HOWEVER. I'm still getting that god-awful ghosting.

So with that in mind, these are my settings:

Catalyst 11.7: All @ default, with the exception of underscan moved to 0 to fill screen.

Resolution is 1920*1080p 60

TV Settings are running with HDMI 1 labeled as PC, otherwise Picture is set to Standard, Aspect ratio is at 16:9 because just scan isn't available for PC (but then shouldn't be...), and nothing else has been changed.

TriDef is running as Standard Display Types, Line Interlaced (Reversed)

Am I just being thick here, or am I missing something completely?

It's entirely possible I'm being thick....
post #111 of 513 Old 08-06-2011, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Err... Yeah.... Shortly after I made that last post, I looked closer at moninfo - mainly as I was going to go into the registry and find the element to delete manually.... at which point i saw the realtime, active etc catagories... *cough*

So! It now says "Extension Block: None"

Ignore my previous rants about that bit....

Monitor
Model name............... LG TV
Windows description...... LGE LG TV (GSM0001 EDID Override) LG TV
Manufacturer............. LGE
Plug and Play ID......... GSM0001
Serial number............ n/a
Manufacture date......... 2011, ISO week 1
Filter driver............ Monitor, EDID Override
EDID revision............ 1.3
Input signal type........ Digital
Color bit depth.......... Undefined
Display type............. RGB color
Screen size.............. 160 x 90 mm (7.2 in)
Power management......... Not supported
DDC/CI................... n/a

HOWEVER. I'm still getting that god-awful ghosting.

So with that in mind, these are my settings:

Catalyst 11.7: All @ default, with the exception of underscan moved to 0 to fill screen.

Resolution is 1920*1080p 60

TV Settings are running with HDMI 1 labeled as PC, otherwise Picture is set to Standard, Aspect ratio is at 16:9 because just scan isn't available for PC (but then shouldn't be...), and nothing else has been changed.

TriDef is running as Standard Display Types, Line Interlaced (Reversed)

Am I just being thick here, or am I missing something completely?

It's entirely possible I'm being thick....
Hmmm,
By the looks of it you have done everything correctly.
I do'nt think your being thick, maybe there is something else going on as that edid looks fine to me, i've tried numerous edids from other 3dtv's/monitors and all have the colorbug and the same edids with the extension bloc deleted work with no colorbug.

It's a possibilty that you have a different problem to me hence why the fix does'nt work for you but for the life of me i could'nt say if that is true or not.

For tridef i use interlaced, reverse interlaced for me has the 3d the wrong way round, you could fix this with the left right toggle on controller but that can't be done as the tv is in native 3d mode.
In tridef under displays>manufactuers can you try the hyundia it corp .

When i first found the edid fix it was by accident and i'd done the fix a few weeks before i'd managed to even realise i had working interlaced.
But....
i'd read somewhere about hyndais interlaced monitors so i tried hyundai and i had working interlaced, i then zoomed onto iz3d and tryed interleaved and had the colorbug still, i then went back to tridef and tried interlaced and that had colorbug too so as it was the only interlaced that worked was hyundai's.
This led me to believe that hyundais iterlaced was different to the other types.
But...
I formatted and re-installed windows 7 and no longer had any type of working interlaced, this led me on the path of what i had done to have working hyundai interlaced, after a lot of messing i remembered about i'd messd with the edid so i retraced my steps and done the edid trick and had working interlaced.
Somehow then i had working interlaced with hyundai, standard interlaced with tridef and interleaved with iz3d.

You never know the hyundai option may work for you as it did for me and i can't explain whty it did and the others did'nt.

The fix came from the following website but it does state that its for nvidia drivers and its relating to linux, i have windows 7 and nvidia gtx470.

post #112 of 513 Old 08-06-2011, 02:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Hey Butmuncher

When it comes to 40% depth, are you referring to 40% separation in the IZ3D drivers? I didn't fiddle with any of the separation/convergence settings when I tested it (it looked pretty damn good with the default settings with plenty of depth), but I can do that next time so just let me know what you want me to test.

One question I have for you guys: how good is the upsampling is Stereoscopic Player?
40% is pretty high for someone just getting into 3D, you will know it is high separation or depth because the images without the glasses will show two images far apart. The advantage with tvs that don't ghost that much is you can increase the separation to crazy numbers and you would never know how far apart they are with glasses on. On tvs with lower ghosting rejection, you have to fine tune the convergence and separation to minimize ghosting. This tv is definitely one of the better for ghosting test.

Checkerboard is 3D DLP for Nvidia. AMD has free DLP checkerboard for IZ3D so this could be a bonus for AMD users, except it doesn't work with no ghosting in this mode for now.

Butmuncher, please request Nvidia to add line-interleaved support to their drivers or post on their forum, that would be the biggest advantage of using passive is because it would support so many different outputs and support Nvision natively. I run IZ3Ds no problem but I'm sure the Nvidia users would like this too.

Stereoscopic player works well if you use the AMD stereo 3D or Nvidia 3D option that is frame-packing mode but it requires to be in full screen running 24Hz but otherwise the next best is Interleaved which is pixel perfect on this tv for watching movies. Side by Side resolution is going to halve the vertical resolution so will be more soft like butmuncher said but in movies it is much harder to see vs pc gaming.

Quote:

That means your procedure is correct. Now can you change the input to "Blank" set the video settings to ISF Expert and see any improvements?

Also one important aspect you have to take in account is are you looking at the screen head on or at a angle, this is pretty much key for beginners because later you will know how much the tvs position has a impact to the 3D ghosting.

In the meantime you can use the Test clip #1 to find out the optimal viewing position where the numbers are mostly blacked out.

The viewing angle should not be a problem but there are extreme angles that break the 3D immediately and you will see it in the Test video #1 but you will need to download it.

About using AMD HD3D mode being brighter and no ghosting well, that is one of my main reasons for creating this thread. Reality is Interleave is still going to be the better mode for gaming because it allows every passive tv owner to play at the maximum framerate of 60 fps whereas shutter tv users are stuck to 24 fps unless they use checkerboard or Side by Side. Interleaved 3D technically is superior to frame-packing AMDHD 3D mode but is less brighter and its only due to video adjustments which is where anyone wants to add their own settings than do so because I do agree framepacking mode is more brighter only but pixel wise is the same. For now, AMD users just need to keep pushing for improved HD3D fixes because I can't even get this mode running 100%. You can see this on the IZ3D forums. 1280x720 60 Hz doesn't even work for me. The other reason line-interleaved is better you will see when you play fast twitch paced gaming is improved mouse control and better reaction input.
post #113 of 513 Old 08-06-2011, 02:52 PM

I'd love to tell nvidia to pull there fingers out but from what i gather there's no chance therey will support interlaced for 3d vision as they push there glasses out with 120hz tv's.
3dplay may get it one day but from andrew says it probly will stay as 1.4 frame packing as it JUST works and needs no user intervention, forget what post but i'm sure andrew said that.

I just mentioned 40% depth as that would show the colorbug more if it had one.

Subv3rse
Have you tested interleaved with a vga cable yet, i know it works that way, i'm just clutching at straws.

post #114 of 513 Old 08-06-2011, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter

Does anyone know when you buy the Tridef license with Radeon Half off Promo that they include all outputs? I sent email to Tridef and never got a response.

http://ddd.com/cart/pages.php?pageid=5
post #115 of 513 Old 08-06-2011, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butmuncher View Post
I'd love to tell nvidia to pull there fingers out but from what i gather there's no chance therey will support interlaced for 3d vision as they push there glasses out with 120hz tv's.
3dplay may get it one day but from andrew says it probly will stay as 1.4 frame packing as it JUST works and needs no user intervention, forget what post but i'm sure andrew said that.
My response to Nvidia is Line-Interleaved if scaled correctly to the native resolution needs no user intervention either. It's even better because no 3d mode needs to be activated for it to even work.
post #116 of 513 Old 08-07-2011, 07:33 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Nvidia 3D play has been around since 2007 and uses 720p/120 SBS format. The specs for HDMI 1.4 Frame packed format were not even released till 2009. AFAIK you can use 3DTV play if you want to send to use HDMI 1.4 frame packed format.
post #117 of 513 Old 08-07-2011, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walford View Post

Nvidia 3D play has been around since 2007 and uses 720p/120 SBS format. The specs for HDMI 1.4 Frame packed format were not even released till 2009. AFAIK you can use 3DTV play if you want to send to use HDMI 1.4 frame packed format.

Hi,

That's a pretty bold statement, what do you have to back it up.
Link or it did'nt happen???

post #118 of 513 Old 08-07-2011, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy3d View Post

My response to Nvidia is Line-Interleaved if scaled correctly to the native resolution needs no user intervention either. It's even better because no 3d mode needs to be activated for it to even work.

That's very true, the native polerized screen would'nt need any user intervention.
As 1080p/60hz is'nt part of the hdmi 1.4 spec would nvidia even consdider it.

If you have a post somewhere you'd like to me to add support for please link me up and i'll gladly say we need interlaced.

I have this tv for sale now with a over 100 3dfilms so hopefully i can get a good price, i'd really like to try the phillips ambilight spectra 3 but i know it'll be passive again for me unless active wins me back over and i'll be lugging my pc to the tv shops
Checkerboard is'nt needed for the average user but i need it bad

post #119 of 513 Old 08-07-2011, 09:33 PM - Thread Starter

When I have that post up, I'll get back to ya.
post #120 of 513 Old 08-08-2011, 06:23 AM

Hi,

i have LG LW 450x series TV.

i have HIS ATI HD6850 graphic carded PC.

i have 1.4 hdmi cable.

how can i play 3D mkv files on LG LW450x series from my pc ?

is there a way for it ?

i try to read the posts before but they are a lot techinal for me.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays