Official Sony HX820 Owner's Thread (46HX820, 55HX820) - Page 25 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #721 of 2584 Old 10-16-2011, 05:12 AM
AVS Special Member
 
LBJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,054
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Homer View Post

I have the Xpand. They work great. PQ seems about the same, maybe a little better. But the nice thing is they are lighter. I like them. Oh-- if you get them, they are paired to samsung out of the box. Don't freak when they don't work. You have to change the mode to sony. Guess I should have RTFM before trying them out.

Thank you

LB
LBJ2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #722 of 2584 Old 10-16-2011, 07:25 AM
Senior Member
 
ratherb1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 441
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeverett40 View Post

good luck with that ??????????? Hx929 has more problems

would you care to elaborate
ratherb1 is offline  
post #723 of 2584 Old 10-16-2011, 09:59 AM
AVS Special Member
 
LBJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,054
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Details for the last update 10/10/2011:
http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu...os_group_id=18

Improvements over version PKG3.309AAA:
  • Improved performance and stability of the Internet features
Benefits provided by previous updates and included in version PKG3.507AAA:
  • Improved performance and stability of the Internet features
  • Adds the ability to use the Skype® online calling service
  • Adds the "What's New" feature
  • Media Remote (Software keyboard, Full / Simple Remote and Shake Track ID)
  • VAIO® Remote Keyboard
  • Media Remote (text by voice)
  • Audio Theatre Control Widget
  • WMV/WMA Codec for DLNA / USB
  • Adds the capability for 3D via USB (3D models only and requires 3D active glasses)
    Note: Allows you to view your Bloggie® 3D camera content when connected through the USB port on your TV
  • Improves performance and stability of IPTV (Internet Protocol TV) features
    Note: IPTV allows you to enjoy HD (High Definition) programming from the Internet on your BRAVIA television that is connected to a broadband Internet connection

LB
LBJ2 is offline  
post #724 of 2584 Old 10-16-2011, 10:10 AM
Member
 
seeverett40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ2 View Post

Details for the last update 10/10/2011:
http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu...os_group_id=18

Improvements over version PKG3.309AAA:
  • Improved performance and stability of the Internet features
Benefits provided by previous updates and included in version PKG3.507AAA:
  • Improved performance and stability of the Internet features
  • Adds the ability to use the Skype® online calling service
  • Adds the "What's New" feature
  • Media Remote (Software keyboard, Full / Simple Remote and Shake Track ID)
  • VAIO® Remote Keyboard
  • Media Remote (text by voice)
  • Audio Theatre Control Widget
  • WMV/WMA Codec for DLNA / USB
  • Adds the capability for 3D via USB (3D models only and requires 3D active glasses)
    Note: Allows you to view your Bloggie® 3D camera content when connected through the USB port on your TV
  • Improves performance and stability of IPTV (Internet Protocol TV) features
    Note: IPTV allows you to enjoy HD (High Definition) programming from the Internet on your BRAVIA television that is connected to a broadband Internet connection

Thanks LBJ2
seeverett40 is offline  
post #725 of 2584 Old 10-16-2011, 12:10 PM
Senior Member
 
stevedensmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Jackson, MI
Posts: 415
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherb1 View Post

would you care to elaborate

Don't expect a response for this one, because this is a false statement.
stevedensmore is offline  
post #726 of 2584 Old 10-16-2011, 01:50 PM
Senior Member
 
ratherb1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 441
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedensmore View Post

Don't expect a response for this one, because this is a false statement.

i didnt think id get one
ratherb1 is offline  
post #727 of 2584 Old 10-16-2011, 11:59 PM
Senior Member
 
vaxick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 267
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Finally got my TV. The last one had awful backlight bleeding in the bottom corners. Amazon sent me a replacement and it got lost! So, Amazon had to order me a new one and it was out of stock so I had to wait a bit to finally get a replacement. On the plus side, Amazon price matched it for me and now I'm only paying $1,300 for the TV! With my savings, I ended up picking up some 3D glasses and wow am I impressed with the 3D on this set. You're not kidding when they say this set has virtually no crosstalk.

I haven't physically set the set up yet, but I was messing around with it while I had the top of the box off. I wanted to check out the 3D and also make sure it didn't have that clouding issue. Didn't see those white orbs when watching the same movie I saw them with on the last set so everything seems all good. I just need to get somebody over here to help me move my old TV off the TV stand since it's one of those Super Fine Pitch Sony CRT HDTV's that weighs around 150lbs.

BTW, on those streaming video services on the TV like Crackle, do you get a better picture with eithernet or should I just run it via Wifi? I have eithernet available, but if it isn't going to make a difference, I'll just use it for something else.
vaxick is offline  
post #728 of 2584 Old 10-17-2011, 04:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
LBJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,054
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaxick View Post

Finally got my TV. The last one had awful backlight bleeding in the bottom corners. Amazon sent me a replacement and it got lost! So, Amazon had to order me a new one and it was out of stock so I had to wait a bit to finally get a replacement. On the plus side, Amazon price matched it for me and now I'm only paying $1,300 for the TV! With my savings, I ended up picking up some 3D glasses and wow am I impressed with the 3D on this set. You're not kidding when they say this set has virtually no crosstalk.

I haven't physically set the set up yet, but I was messing around with it while I had the top of the box off. I wanted to check out the 3D and also make sure it didn't have that clouding issue. Didn't see those white orbs when watching the same movie I saw them with on the last set so everything seems all good. I just need to get somebody over here to help me move my old TV off the TV stand since it's one of those Super Fine Pitch Sony CRT HDTV's that weighs around 150lbs.

BTW, on those streaming video services on the TV like Crackle, do you get a better picture with eithernet or should I just run it via Wifi? I have eithernet available, but if it isn't going to make a difference, I'll just use it for something else.

Hello--IMO a direct ethernet connection is usually the better option. However, if you have a very good wireless router and the TV and wireless router are very close to each other ( in the same room) then wireless should be okay. Either way you'll need a consistent 5-10 mbps connection with 10 or > mbps recommended for HD streaming.

LB
LBJ2 is offline  
post #729 of 2584 Old 10-17-2011, 05:16 AM
Member
 
cappi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
anyone having trouble connecting this tv to a pc via hdmi?

i have a geforce 9800gt video card and use a high speed 1.4 hdmi cable w/ ethernet to connect to the tv. there is signal between the two, but the screen on the tv is always black no matter what i do (extend or duplicate desktop, etc). any suggestion?

oh all my drivers are updated...
cappi is offline  
post #730 of 2584 Old 10-17-2011, 05:53 AM
AVS Special Member
 
LBJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,054
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappi View Post

anyone having trouble connecting this tv to a pc via hdmi?

i have a geforce 9800gt video card and use a high speed 1.4 hdmi cable w/ ethernet to connect to the tv. there is signal between the two, but the screen on the tv is always black no matter what i do (extend or duplicate desktop, etc). any suggestion?

oh all my drivers are updated...

Cappi. I didn't have any issues connecting the iMac to the Hx820 via an HDMI cable. Was pretty much plug n play. To date I've only DNLA streamed from a Win7 Pc to the Hx820 and that worked fine too.

Have you been able to connect you PC to any other tv or monitor before?

LB
LBJ2 is offline  
post #731 of 2584 Old 10-17-2011, 06:14 AM
Member
 
cappi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ2 View Post

Cappi. I didn't have any issues connecting the iMac to the Hx820 via an HDMI cable. Was pretty much plug n play. To date I've only DNLA streamed from a Win7 Pc to the Hx820 and that worked fine too.

Have you been able to connect you PC to any other tv or monitor before?

my pc works fine with my monitor via dvi. i guess ill try to connect my pc to something else via hdmi..
cappi is offline  
post #732 of 2584 Old 10-17-2011, 10:05 AM
Newbie
 
korhashamo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaxick View Post

Finally got my TV. The last one had awful backlight bleeding in the bottom corners. Amazon sent me a replacement and it got lost! So, Amazon had to order me a new one and it was out of stock so I had to wait a bit to finally get a replacement. On the plus side, Amazon price matched it for me and now I'm only paying $1,300 for the TV! With my savings, I ended up picking up some 3D glasses and wow am I impressed with the 3D on this set. You're not kidding when they say this set has virtually no crosstalk.

I haven't physically set the set up yet, but I was messing around with it while I had the top of the box off. I wanted to check out the 3D and also make sure it didn't have that clouding issue. Didn't see those white orbs when watching the same movie I saw them with on the last set so everything seems all good. I just need to get somebody over here to help me move my old TV off the TV stand since it's one of those Super Fine Pitch Sony CRT HDTV's that weighs around 150lbs.

BTW, on those streaming video services on the TV like Crackle, do you get a better picture with eithernet or should I just run it via Wifi? I have eithernet available, but if it isn't going to make a difference, I'll just use it for something else.

I just ordered this tv on Amazon. Can you tell me who Amazon price-matched for you?
korhashamo is offline  
post #733 of 2584 Old 10-17-2011, 10:33 AM
Newbie
 
eduong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
make sure you are using HDMI 4 input as that is for the PC...if that doesn't work trying connecting the VGA...when it loads...connect with HDMI as an extended monitor...you will need a card that is able to do dual monitors.
eduong is offline  
post #734 of 2584 Old 10-17-2011, 01:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
LBJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,054
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
"Sony Bravia HX820 46-inch KDL46HX820 1080p 3D LED LCD HDTV"






PCWorld listed the Sony HX820 as the #3 on their TOP 10 HDTV ( LEDs) list for 2011. Beat out by # 1 Samsung UN46D8000, and #2 LG Infinia47LW6500.
http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/colle...dtvs_2011.html

"The top three sets nailed our image-quality tests. The Samsung UN46D8000 and the LG Infinia 47LW6500 did suffer from fine patterns in certain test scenes (a brick wall, for example, or a city skyline) vibrating slightly. The Sony Bravia 46HX820 had slightly lower scores in brightness and color, but delivered better detail levels and handled the intricate-detail test scenes flawlessly. Overall, video on all three sets looked fantastic."
http://www.pcworld.com/article/24039...s_of_2011.html

PCWorld's 5 Best 3D TVs of 2011 also placed the Sony HX820 at #4
http://www.pcworld.com/article/24040...s_of_2011.html


PCWorld's overall review of the Sony Hx820

"Conclusion
Sony's Bravia 46HX820 is a gorgeous 46-inch HDTV with superb picture quality, great sound quality, and plenty of Internet-connected options. The primary selling point of this set is obviously the design--as I said earlier, it's one of the sexiest HDTVs I've ever seen--but it does have some drawbacks: fewer (and less accessible) ports than other TVs, potentially confusing menus, and a big and clunky remote. But if you're looking for some HDTV eye-candy, this set definitely qualifies."
http://www.pcworld.com/article/24042...ly_pricey.html

LB
LBJ2 is offline  
post #735 of 2584 Old 10-17-2011, 03:47 PM
Member
 
ivtec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 95
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys: my question is what the deference between HX820 and HX829?
ivtec is offline  
post #736 of 2584 Old 10-17-2011, 04:06 PM
Member
 
mystic54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 106
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ2 View Post

"Sony Bravia HX820 46-inch KDL46HX820 1080p 3D LED LCD HDTV"






PCWorld listed the Sony HX820 as the #3 on their TOP 10 HDTV ( LEDs) list for 2011. Beat out by # 1 Samsung UN46D8000, and #2 LG Infinia47LW6500.
http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/colle...dtvs_2011.html

"The top three sets nailed our image-quality tests. The Samsung UN46D8000 and the LG Infinia 47LW6500 did suffer from fine patterns in certain test scenes (a brick wall, for example, or a city skyline) vibrating slightly. The Sony Bravia 46HX820 had slightly lower scores in brightness and color, but delivered better detail levels and handled the intricate-detail test scenes flawlessly. Overall, video on all three sets looked fantastic."
http://www.pcworld.com/article/24039...s_of_2011.html

PCWorld's 5 Best 3D TVs of 2011 also placed the Sony HX820 at #4
http://www.pcworld.com/article/24040...s_of_2011.html


PCWorld's overall review of the Sony Hx820

"Conclusion
Sony's Bravia 46HX820 is a gorgeous 46-inch HDTV with superb picture quality, great sound quality, and plenty of Internet-connected options. The primary selling point of this set is obviously the design--as I said earlier, it's one of the sexiest HDTVs I've ever seen--but it does have some drawbacks: fewer (and less accessible) ports than other TVs, potentially confusing menus, and a big and clunky remote. But if you're looking for some HDTV eye-candy, this set definitely qualifies."
http://www.pcworld.com/article/24042...ly_pricey.html

How could this get beat out by the Samsung D8000 series? With such horrible backlighting issues, I thought nobody was touching that set.

Q9450 @ 3.4GHZ| Asus P5Q Pro| EVGA GTX 280| Corsair Dominator (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066| Corsair 620HX| Vista Ultimate x64| Antec P182
mystic54 is offline  
post #737 of 2584 Old 10-17-2011, 04:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
LBJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,054
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivtec View Post

Hi guys: my question is what the deference between HX820 and HX829?

Same TV. HX820 is for the Americas and HX829 is Europe +. However the HX829 includes the ability to record video content/programming to a USB--whereas the HX820 does not.

LB
LBJ2 is offline  
post #738 of 2584 Old 10-17-2011, 07:21 PM
Senior Member
 
vaxick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 267
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystic54 View Post

How could this get beat out by the Samsung D8000 series? With such horrible backlighting issues, I thought nobody was touching that set.

Truthfully, Samsung is a bit of a media darling. We on AVS are much more critical to television issues than the average consumer. A lot of websites including PC World never go into the ugly details like banding and clouding. It's rare for a major website to really ever touch the clouding issue. Even worse, very few major review sites ever talk about the speed of the panel which is a important aspect for those who play games. That D8000 in particular is very laggy and a lot of gamers were a bit shocked to see how difficult it made fighters/fps games.

On a side note, I don't agree with them on colors on that D8000. Reviews that went into deep technical details found the gamma as not being stable. This can cause colors to be a bit off. This can cause saturation issues. Thus, they might see some colors stronger or weaker than normal and think it looks "good" when it isn't displaying the actual proper colors. Another issue with the D8000 is the blacks tend to crush the shadow details. This can be a problem because the blacks take away from areas of a scene that were intended to still have some visibility. The HX820 on the other hand is a very impressive performer in terms of colors and black levels. The LCD panel is very accurate giving you the proper colors you should be seeing and has a great amount of shadow details. We still get the nice inky blacks the D8000 is known for, but the panel in the HX820 has a very lovely gradient that allows for even the dark areas to keep their details.

The one issue for reviewers is out of the box, the HX820 isn't calibrated properly at all. It looks pretty poor out of the box, but once calibrated, it then looks amazing.
vaxick is offline  
post #739 of 2584 Old 10-17-2011, 07:29 PM
Member
 
cappi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ2 View Post

Cappi. I didn't have any issues connecting the iMac to the Hx820 via an HDMI cable. Was pretty much plug n play. To date I've only DNLA streamed from a Win7 Pc to the Hx820 and that worked fine too.

Have you been able to connect you PC to any other tv or monitor before?


ok i got it working, however it only work son resolution of 800x600 on the tv and it keeps blinking...any hlep would appreciate it. thanks alot!
cappi is offline  
post #740 of 2584 Old 10-18-2011, 04:15 AM
Advanced Member
 
DanPackMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: NC
Posts: 523
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 30
cappi, you may want to ask over in the HTPC forum, guys over deal with this stuff alot. I take delivery of my 55HX820 today and will be connecting my HTPC, will let you know if I have similar issues.

Does the TV only work in that low resolution or is that the only resolution it allows you to choose from? If the latter, try clicking on "show unsupported modes" in your monitor properties on the PC.
DanPackMan is offline  
post #741 of 2584 Old 10-18-2011, 05:20 AM
AVS Special Member
 
LBJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,054
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaxick View Post

Truthfully, Samsung is a bit of a media darling. We on AVS are much more critical to television issues than the average consumer. A lot of websites including PC World never go into the ugly details like banding and clouding. It's rare for a major website to really ever touch the clouding issue. Even worse, very few major review sites ever talk about the speed of the panel which is a important aspect for those who play games. That D8000 in particular is very laggy and a lot of gamers were a bit shocked to see how difficult it made fighters/fps games.

On a side note, I don't agree with them on colors on that D8000. Reviews that went into deep technical details found the gamma as not being stable. This can cause colors to be a bit off. This can cause saturation issues. Thus, they might see some colors stronger or weaker than normal and think it looks "good" when it isn't displaying the actual proper colors. Another issue with the D8000 is the blacks tend to crush the shadow details. This can be a problem because the blacks take away from areas of a scene that were intended to still have some visibility. The HX820 on the other hand is a very impressive performer in terms of colors and black levels. The LCD panel is very accurate giving you the proper colors you should be seeing and has a great amount of shadow details. We still get the nice inky blacks the D8000 is known for, but the panel in the HX820 has a very lovely gradient that allows for even the dark areas to keep their details.

The one issue for reviewers is out of the box, the HX820 isn't calibrated properly at all. It looks pretty poor out of the box, but once calibrated, it then looks amazing.

For my eyes the HX820 looks pretty darn good out of the box. Of all the TVs I've owned I don't think I could say that about any other of my previous TVs. I think I eventually settled on pretty close to default settings with the HX820 . ( I do prefer to keep the Dynamic LED set to Standard and use "Warm 1")

Vaxick: Just curious, did you have your HX820 professionally calibrated? If so, did your calibrator have to make significant adjustments to any particular default setting(s)?

LB
LBJ2 is offline  
post #742 of 2584 Old 10-18-2011, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
LBJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,054
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappi View Post

ok i got it working, however it only work son resolution of 800x600 on the tv and it keeps blinking...any hlep would appreciate it. thanks alot!

Cappi: With my iMac I used the HDMI input on the HX820. I didn't use the HX820 PC setting to view the iMac desktop on the Hx820. Once I connected the HDMI cable and enabled the iMac to detect another display..I was able to view my iMac desktop perfectly via the HDMI input in my case #4.

Just a thought...have you tried viewing through one of your HDMI inputs instead of using the PC connection input?

and finally, I am sure if you call Sony customer support ( don't use their on-line chat support) and provide them with the details of your PC and Operating System etc., they can probably tell you if your PC/OS is compatible for an HDMI connection to the HX820 and if so, walk you through the setup process.

LB
LBJ2 is offline  
post #743 of 2584 Old 10-18-2011, 08:24 AM
Newbie
 
senjey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Received my TV last week.. Wall mounted it yesterday and watched Transformers-2 thru blu-ray. I feel the contrast and brightness are not that great. looks dull atleast to my eyes. Am i missing something? any adjustments out of the box?. I will check the build date in the meanwhile :-)
senjey is offline  
post #744 of 2584 Old 10-18-2011, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Slordak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,996
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by senjey View Post

Received my TV last week.. Wall mounted it yesterday and watched Transformers-2 thru blu-ray. I feel the contrast and brightness are not that great. looks dull atleast to my eyes. Am i missing something? any adjustments out of the box?

Search this thread for the key words "LED Dynamic Control"; there should be plenty of posts where folks have their custom settings posted. I would imagine that the majority of these provide an improvement over the default/out-of-the-box settings, assuming that you're not yourself wanting an unrealistic image.
Slordak is offline  
post #745 of 2584 Old 10-18-2011, 08:58 AM
Senior Member
 
stevedensmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Jackson, MI
Posts: 415
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappi View Post

ok i got it working, however it only work son resolution of 800x600 on the tv and it keeps blinking...any hlep would appreciate it. thanks alot!

I suggest getting an ATI video card. My laptop has one and it works flawlessly with HDMI out.
stevedensmore is offline  
post #746 of 2584 Old 10-18-2011, 01:07 PM
Newbie
 
senjey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slordak View Post

Search this thread for the key words "LED Dynamic Control"; there should be plenty of posts where folks have their custom settings posted. I would imagine that the majority of these provide an improvement over the default/out-of-the-box settings, assuming that you're not yourself wanting an unrealistic image.

thanks. found them and gonna give a try this evening..will post the results..
senjey is offline  
post #747 of 2584 Old 10-18-2011, 01:30 PM
Advanced Member
 
DanPackMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: NC
Posts: 523
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Cappi, I hooked my HTPC up to HDMI 4 and rebooted with the TV on. Worked just fine (I have an ATI video card).

IThe picture looked pretty good out of the box, I will have to say I am very satisfied so far. It will take me a while to figure out all the settings and adjust.
DanPackMan is offline  
post #748 of 2584 Old 10-18-2011, 01:33 PM
Member
 
prankster506's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm currently using a Panasonic DMP-BD35 for blu-rays and there is a noticeable lip sync issue when 24p is enabled (the video is FASTER than the audio). The player is connected to my Onkyo TX-SR608 receiver which is hooked up to the TV. Unfortunately the receiver only allows me to apply a delay to the audio signal under A/V Sync settings. I've tested blu-rays on my PS3, which is hooked up to my receiver as well, and the lip sync is fine with 24p enabled. All components are connected via HDMI.

In any case, I have a Sony BDP-S580 on the way but wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing the same problem and if there was a solution.
prankster506 is offline  
post #749 of 2584 Old 10-18-2011, 02:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
LBJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,054
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by prankster506 View Post

I'm currently using a Panasonic DMP-BD35 for blu-rays and there is a noticeable lip sync issue when 24p is enabled (the video is FASTER than the audio). The player is connected to my Onkyo TX-SR608 receiver which is hooked up to the TV. Unfortunately the receiver only allows me to apply a delay to the audio signal under A/V Sync settings. I've tested blu-rays on my PS3, which is hooked up to my receiver as well, and the lip sync is fine with 24p enabled. All components are connected via HDMI.

In any case, I have a Sony BDP-S580 on the way but wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing the same problem and if there was a solution.

I don't think this has anything to do with your TV.

This is most likely an issue between your Receiver and Bluray player normally solved via the receiver A/V sync setting ( which you said you already tried). Another thing you might try...is to turn on/off the bluray player and/or unplug then plug in the HDMI cable connected from the bluray player to your receiver --Sometimes this can solve the snyc issue.

LB
LBJ2 is offline  
post #750 of 2584 Old 10-18-2011, 02:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
LBJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,054
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanPackMan View Post

Cappi, I hooked my HTPC up to HDMI 4 and rebooted with the TV on. Worked just fine (I have an ATI video card).

IThe picture looked pretty good out of the box, I will have to say I am very satisfied so far. It will take me a while to figure out all the settings and adjust.

DanPackMan: Congratulations! I think you will find this to be an excellent TV with an abundance of settings and menus to keep you busy for a long time. Enjoy

LB
LBJ2 is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony , Sony Bravia Kdl55hx820 55 Inch 1080p 3d Led Hdtv With Built In Wi Fi Black
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off