Forum Jump: 

post #2581 of 2586 Old 03-25-2014, 10:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav06 View Post

Does anyone else's TV still have access to Netflix?

Have you had any luck getting Netflix back? I'm having the same issue - we'd been using Netflix, Hulu, YouTube and Amazon on our HX820 but after a firmware update a few months ago they've all disappeared! Googling the problem has turned up little info, and Sony's help docs are useless. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2582 of 2586 Old 03-25-2014, 10:06 AM

Nope, but I also haven't tried much to resolve it. I have a Chromecast, Xbox 360, and PS3 and prefer all three interfaces to the built in Sony interface, but really only use the Chromecast now that I have it.

I know this info doesn't help your situation if you were relying on the HX820 for Netflix -- very strange that it disappeared and even stranger if they really did remove a feature that was advertised on the box without any kind of notice or explanation.
post #2583 of 2586 Old 03-25-2014, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav06 View Post

Nope, but I also haven't tried much to resolve it. I have a Chromecast, Xbox 360, and PS3 and prefer all three interfaces to the built in Sony interface, but really only use the Chromecast now that I have it.

I know this info doesn't help your situation if you were relying on the HX820 for Netflix -- very strange that it disappeared and even stranger if they really did remove a feature that was advertised on the box without any kind of notice or explanation.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm in a similar situation with a PS3 and 360 hooked into the TV; that's why I haven't addressed it until now, but I'm home sick today and it's driving me insane. The only benefit to using the built-in apps is that the TV remote works more consistently than with the PS3, but I'm also of the mind that I paid top dollar a few years back for an internet connected TV so it should stay internet connected. The whole thing is just so strange, I don't see why Sony would remove those features.

post #2584 of 2586 Old 03-25-2014, 11:06 AM

BTW - I fixed the issue. It required me to reset the TV to factory defaults as outlined here: https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42994

Once I did that I could refresh internet content and then everything was back in place. It even saved my account info for Netflix/Hulu/etc.

post #2585 of 2586 Old 09-13-2014, 01:38 PM

Settings Help

Could use some help making sure I have things right.

I have the 55hx729 connected to Uverse, a PS4, and an AppleTV the devices all pass through a Pioneer SC-85 (had a Denon 2112ci until a week ago). I never paid too much attention to the settings in the past, but lately I've been seeing lip sync delays on the PS4 and black bars showing up as dark gray with washed out movies. Everything is hooked up through HDMI

I'm pretty sure that the 1080/24 setting on the PS4 is the cause of my lip sync issues, but it's disappointing that I couldn't use the setting. Quite frankly not exactly sure why I would want to do this, but since my TV is supposed to be a full featured beast I might as well try it out.

I typically run sports scene when I watch sports, cinema scene for movies regardless of the source device, and game scene for games and general scene for regular TV viewing. I can't tell if I should set the TV to Full or Automatic for HDMI Dynamic range in the Pro Picture Settings and how to coordinate that with the RGB/YCrCb on the PS4. I was watching the first Batman the other day and either had crushed blacks or greyed/overly bright bars. Any thoughts?
post #2586 of 2586 Old 09-16-2014, 08:08 AM

Liked: 0
Hi, i have the Sony KDL-55HX820 with broken panel, otherwise fully working. I can sell it for parts. Contact me if you are interested in. I am located in EU but can ship worldwide.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony , Sony Bravia Kdl55hx820 55 Inch 1080p 3d Led Hdtv With Built In Wi Fi Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page