Battle of the 40s - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old 07-22-2011, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Dark-Colonel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm looking to purchase a new 40" TV for my room, I'm looking at 3 options (based on reading off of owner's threads):

Sharp LC40LE830U - $799.99

Samsung UN40D6300 - $829.99

Sony KDL40EX720 - $899.99

Now I'm not going to helplessly ask 'which one would be best' without giving you guys a good rundown of how it would be used and where.

The room has good natural day light, but there won't be any direct glare and light coming off of the TV. We'll be about 7 - 8 feet away from the screen.

Connected to the TV will be an HD Box, a PS3, a 360, and possibly an HTPC. However, even though we have an HD box, not all of our favourite channels are in HD. Primarily, Fox Soccer World & GolTV are both in non-HD (we don't have them in HD in Canada). SD picture quality is crucially important here. We currently own a 32" Samsung 720P LCD and the SD quality is quite decent, but an improvement has surely been made since we bought it back in '07 (I hope so?).

I assume HD quality will be very comparable amongst all three. The Sony has the benefit of being 3D but I won't buy 3D glasses for awhile to come and the 3D quality doesn't seem to be great (based off the owner's thread).

Low/no motion blur would be ideal, since there'll be a lot of sports (mostly soccer) watched on the screen, as well as gaming (mostly FPS & sports games).

I care very little about what apps the TVs have since compatibility is very poor in Canada to begin with (I'm still buying the TV in the US though).

If owners of these models can provide some input, that would be great.
Dark-Colonel is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 21 Old 07-22-2011, 01:18 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BoilerJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,220
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 102
There are owners' threads on each of these TVs. It could make for an afternoon/evening/weekend of informative reading. That's what I did for two months before I made up my mind on what to buy.
BoilerJim is offline  
post #3 of 21 Old 07-22-2011, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Dark-Colonel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

There are owners' threads on each of these TVs. It could make for an afternoon/evening/weekend of informative reading. That's what I did for two months before I made up my mind on what to buy.

I've actually been reading them for quite some time now about each model, but the majority of posts are made by owners who have the 46"+ model.

While its the same TV regardless of the screen size, how a TV is viewed can make quite the difference in my opinion (distance & angle) which is why I'm hoping the 40" owners could give their 2 cents about their particular model.

Also, what did you end up choosing?
Dark-Colonel is offline  
post #4 of 21 Old 07-22-2011, 01:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BoilerJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,220
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Samsung.
BoilerJim is offline  
post #5 of 21 Old 07-22-2011, 05:08 PM
Member
 
maxmal23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Sharp LC40LE830U
maxmal23 is offline  
post #6 of 21 Old 07-22-2011, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Dark-Colonel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

Samsung.

Any particular reason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmal23 View Post

Sharp LC40LE830U

I was leaning towards it due to its lowest price out of the three, at a sale price of just $800 ($760 CAD) its hard to resist.
Dark-Colonel is offline  
post #7 of 21 Old 07-22-2011, 06:28 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
walford's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 16,789
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Since you are a sports fan be sure you get a 120Hz 2D model so you can eliminate jerkey sports motion. I reccomend a 120Hz Sony followed by a 120Hz Sharp. If you want 3D be sure and get a 240Hz3d model.
walford is offline  
post #8 of 21 Old 07-24-2011, 07:59 PM
AVS Special Member
 
andy sullivan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: sun city west AZ
Posts: 3,350
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 188
So, It looks like the few responses illustrates why the question was asked. Nothing personal but in the several years I've been a member of this site why is it that the members with multi thousands of posts are always so short with newer people asking questions they deem below them. Maybe you should go look at some of the questions you asked many years ago. No need to be rude. If you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all. I like the Samsung because with a manual calibration at home I like the PQ the best.
andy sullivan is online now  
post #9 of 21 Old 07-25-2011, 02:51 AM
Newbie
 
DrGroove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am in the exact same boat OP. I ruled out the samsung due to input lag, thats also the reason you cant include sony's ex500. The ex720 is probably the best if you want to spend the extra cash. My budget isn't that high, nor do I need 3D, so I'm deciding between the Sharp 830U and LG 42LV5500.

I have read so many contradictory reviews about Sharp's yellow pixel that I don't even know what to think. I'm currently leaning towards the LG because it has local LED dimming. It's also cheaper at $725, compared to $800 for the Sharp.
DrGroove is offline  
post #10 of 21 Old 07-25-2011, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Dark-Colonel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by walford View Post

Since you are a sports fan be sure you get a 120Hz 2D model so you can eliminate jerkey sports motion. I reccomend a 120Hz Sony followed by a 120Hz Sharp. If you want 3D be sure and get a 240Hz3d model.

It seems like the EX720 is in fact just 120Hz and not 240Hz like it was initially advertised (based on the Amazon page). To be honest, the 3D is not important at all, maybe sometime down the road but I doubt I'll ever get into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy sullivan View Post

So, It looks like the few responses illustrates why the question was asked. Nothing personal but in the several years I've been a member of this site why is it that the members with multi thousands of posts are always so short with newer people asking questions they deem below them. Maybe you should go look at some of the questions you asked many years ago. No need to be rude. If you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all.

I don't mind to be honest, I understand that people who've been posting here for awhile probably get quite tired of answering questions that at one point, in one post or more, have been answered buried deep in a 300 page thread somewhere.

I've been lurking this forum for many many years, dating back to 2003/2004. I just didn't register until 2009 because I didn't see myself needing to post much since everyone is generally very informative with their answers.

For this thread in particular, I tried to give as much as detail as I could in hopes of avoiding condescending replies.

I've read through the owner's threads of the Sony & Samsung (sharp doesn't have one) and almost every post is just on 46"+ models. I was hoping that someone shopping for a 40" model actually compared all 3 and gave me their 2 cents (some of the owner's threads have).

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy sullivan View Post

I like the Samsung because with a manual calibration at home I like the PQ the best.

I really like the Samsung we have right now and was considering it too. Did you get a chance to compare it to any model I listed before making your purchase? How is the SD quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGroove View Post

I am in the exact same boat OP. I ruled out the samsung due to input lag, thats also the reason you cant include sony's ex500. The ex720 is probably the best if you want to spend the extra cash. My budget isn't that high, nor do I need 3D, so I'm deciding between the Sharp 830U and LG 42LV5500.

I have read so many contradictory reviews about Sharp's yellow pixel that I don't even know what to think. I'm currently leaning towards the LG because it has local LED dimming. It's also cheaper at $725, compared to $800 for the Sharp.

I'm not a big fan of LG TVs which is why I haven't included it in the comparison, they always seem to have the best bang for the buck but when it comes down to it, they somehow don't manage to impress me.

I'm not entirely sure what input lag you're referring to for the UNXXD6X00 series?

As for the yellow pixel, I've done enough reading to conclude that it in fact doesn't make a big difference. In some cases, it seems to provide better colour accuracy once calibrated but it isn't significant. The important thing to take away is that it doesn't deteriorate or reduce the picture quality or TV in anyway.

If you want a good review look here:
http://www.flatpanelshd.com/review.p...&id=1308733719

The review seems really in depth (can't attest for accuracy for obvious reasons) but I like the fact that he draws a good comparison:

"I personally see it comparing with Samsung's much praised D8000 LED model and therefore I award LE830 with our Top Recommendation Award."
Dark-Colonel is offline  
post #11 of 21 Old 07-25-2011, 01:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BoilerJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,220
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Colonel View Post

Any particular reason?

Sorry, I didn't get back to this thread for awhile. I chose Samsung because it has a great picture which is the main reason I buy a TV. I'm not much of a gamer, and the only "game console" hooked up is a Wii which is perfectly acceptable on a Samsung, at least to me. I also got lucky and got a screen with no perceptible imperfections.

Bottom line: Why did I choose Samsung? Becsuse I liked it the best at the time. Would I buy another one? Probably, but I would also do my two months worth of research before making a final decision. Personally, I doubt if I would buy anything except Samsung or Sony.
BoilerJim is offline  
post #12 of 21 Old 07-25-2011, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Dark-Colonel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

Sorry, I didn't get back to this thread for awhile. I chose Samsung because it has a great picture which is the main reason I buy a TV. I'm not much of a gamer, and the only "game console" hooked up is a Wii which is perfectly acceptable on a Samsung, at least to me. I also got lucky and got a screen with no perceptible imperfections.

Bottom line: Why did I choose Samsung? Becsuse I liked it the best at the time. Would I buy another one? Probably, but I would also do my two months worth of research before making a final decision. Personally, I doubt if I would buy anything except Samsung or Sony.

Well thanks for letting me know, your justification makes perfect sense to me. Did you get a chance to compare it to other models, or did you select purely on research? I unfortunately don't have access to make a comparison between the three.

When you say that you'd only buy a Samsung or Sony, I'm guessing that it doesn't include Sharp?

I think at the bottom line of this, whichever one I end up choosing, I'll be happy nonetheless from what I've read.

It's safe to assume that I'll enjoy the picture quality and the TV itself regardless of which one I pick, but I'd like to make the best choice out of the 3 since one will have trade offs the other ones don't.
Dark-Colonel is offline  
post #13 of 21 Old 07-25-2011, 02:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BoilerJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,220
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Colonel View Post

Well thanks for letting me know, your justification makes perfect sense to me. Did you get a chance to compare it to other models, or did you select purely on research? I unfortunately don't have access to make a comparison between the three.

When you say that you'd only buy a Samsung or Sony, I'm guessing that it doesn't include Sharp?

I think at the bottom line of this, whichever one I end up choosing, I'll be happy nonetheless from what I've read.

It's safe to assume that I'll enjoy the picture quality and the TV itself regardless of which one I pick, but I'd like to make the best choice out of the 3 since one will have trade offs the other ones don't.

I initially looked at many models. I've always owned Sonys, but when I saw (and researched) the Samsung, I fell in love with the picture quality. There is nothing wrong with the Sonys, but the Samsungs just seemed to have deeper blacks and more POP to their picture in the mid-priced line-up. As for Sharp, they also have produced some fine TVs recently, but I just couldn't get over their history of banding. However, if I was a gamer, I'd probably give Sharp and LG a long look, but since I'm not, then I probably won't.

The perfect set doesn't exist, but good luck in finding the one that comes closest in your price range.
BoilerJim is offline  
post #14 of 21 Old 07-25-2011, 07:29 PM
AVS Special Member
 
andy sullivan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: sun city west AZ
Posts: 3,350
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 188
I agree that the Sammy has the best PQ to my untrained eye. Not sure why but it struck me as being natural and yet had some pop. I doubt you'd be disappointed in any of your choices and seeing all three side by side would be difficult. That's probably why you asked the question. Duh! Have fun with your new display.
andy sullivan is online now  
post #15 of 21 Old 07-26-2011, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Dark-Colonel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

I initially looked at many models. I've always owned Sonys, but when I saw (and researched) the Samsung, I fell in love with the picture quality. There is nothing wrong with the Sonys, but the Samsungs just seemed to have deeper blacks and more POP to their picture in the mid-priced line-up. As for Sharp, they also have produced some fine TVs recently, but I just couldn't get over their history of banding. However, if I was a gamer, I'd probably give Sharp and LG a long look, but since I'm not, then I probably won't.

The perfect set doesn't exist, but good luck in finding the one that comes closest in your price range.

I'll have to agree with you on that one, from the older models I've seen (pre-2011) the Samsung models always had a nice picture out of the box when I compared them to the equivalent models from other manufacturers.

Can you confirm something for me, look at this video and tell me if you see something similar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xridAV9lJtk

I don't think this is the same D6300, but probably last year's C6300 model. This would be a deal breaker for me on the Samsung.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy sullivan View Post

I agree that the Sammy has the best PQ to my untrained eye. Not sure why but it struck me as being natural and yet had some pop. I doubt you'd be disappointed in any of your choices and seeing all three side by side would be difficult. That's probably why you asked the question. Duh! Have fun with your new display.

Yeah I hope so, I'll definitely update this post once I get the TVs up and running late August.
Dark-Colonel is offline  
post #16 of 21 Old 07-26-2011, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BoilerJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,220
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Based on the date of the YouTube video, that had to be the C6300. The 2011 D6300 is worlds better. I have never seen that effect.
BoilerJim is offline  
post #17 of 21 Old 07-26-2011, 02:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Steve S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Fresno CA
Posts: 5,356
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 46
I could be wrong but I think Boiler Jim's sets are the excellent LNB (or C)XX650 models--120hz CCFL backlit, 2009 or 2010 models. When we carried these everybody in the dept. agreed there was no reason to go any higher up the Samsung model line, and that they were fully comparable to their more expensive Sony XBR9 contemporaries.

Today's UN series edge lit sets will not have the screen illumination uniformity that these 650s had.

For really critical gaming, especially FPS games, Samsungs have among the most gaming lag. It can be mitigated to a certain extent by turning off a lot of processing features but still isn't as fast as some other sets. Sharps are about the best in this regard among led/lcd sets and a lot of folks are happy with Sonys.

Steve S.
Steve S is offline  
post #18 of 21 Old 07-26-2011, 02:47 PM
Newbie
 
DrGroove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'll update on my own situation since I have similar needs. I'm about to pull the trigger on an LG 42LV5500 because it dropped down in price. One thing I'm curious about is why look at the Samsung 6300 over the 6000? All it adds is the web browser right?

As far as input lag, I've tried to keep track of the sets I have looked at and here's the general consensus:
Sony EX500 - the worst input lag of all, as high as 100ms
Samsung generally has noticeable input lag as well, 60-80ms
The LG LV5500 and Sony EX720 are good, down to 30ms which is the acceptable amount
Sharp is probably the best you will find in this range, 25-30ms.

I would love to get a Sony, but the EX720 is the lowest LED model they have with acceptable input lag. If all you do is play a few casual games, you might not notice input lag, but if you play any serious FPS games you certainly will.
DrGroove is offline  
post #19 of 21 Old 07-26-2011, 03:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BoilerJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,220
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve S View Post

I could be wrong but I think Boiler Jim's sets are the excellent LNB (or C)XX650 models--120hz CCFL backlit, 2009 or 2010 models. When we carried these everybody in the dept. agreed there was no reason to go any higher up the Samsung model line, and that they were fully comparable to their more expensive Sony XBR9 contemporaries.Today's UN series edge lit sets will not have the screen illumination uniformity that these 650s had.

For really critical gaming, especially FPS games, Samsungs have among the most gaming lag. It can be mitigated to a certain extent by turning off a lot of processing features but still isn't as fast as some other sets. Sharps are about the best in this regard among led/lcd sets and a lot of folks are happy with Sonys.

Steve, you are correct about my 650's being excellent sets with excellent uniform picture quality. However, one of my brothers-in-law has a six-week-old UN46D6300. I've seen his TV quite a few times and have been pretty impressed with the picture quality and the overall screen uniformity. Admittedly, since it is edge-lit there are a couple of VERY MINOR imperfections (slight flashlighting) that are not noticeable with 99% of viewing content. He didn't mention them to me so I didn't say anything to him because the screen was so good that "even I" would not have considered returning or exchanging it. As I mentioned in my earlier post, the D6300 seems much better with regard to screen uniformity than the C6300.

Just a guess, but I imagine the 40" D6300 should look as good if not better.
BoilerJim is offline  
post #20 of 21 Old 07-26-2011, 08:02 PM
Advanced Member
 
chinee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Near West Palm Beach, Florida
Posts: 578
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I also like Sony and Samsung screens as well. And not being a hot-blooded videophile, I would take either screen because I think both have excellent PQ. For my preferences though, I considered the following:

1. The Samsungs have always had brighter screens with more pop to the colors with their glossy screens, but I prefer the light matte of the Sonys to reduce reflections.
2. I give the Samsung props with design... the best looking (and thinnest) bezels available.
3. I prefer Sony's remotes; the buttons just seem to be laid out logically and are easy to memorize. I always had to be looking at Samsung's remote, and I had a Samsung as my main viewer for about 8 months, and I could never memorize the layout.
4. I have two other Sonys in the house, that my kids use. Whenever I think their televisions are too loud, I simply grab my remote walk to the hallway, point at their TVs and lower the volumes... I prefer this rather than shouting my head off to get them to drop the volume of their programs.
5. Bravia Sync with the PS3... I like the simplicity of using just one remote to control both the TV and the PS3. I've tried a Harmony but again... too complex... I like ease of use.

So you see... a lot more than just the TV's features went into my decision-making... maybe this makes a difference to you as well. Good luck with your decision.

Sony 52W4100 LCD, LG 42PG25 Plasma, Sony 46Z5100 LCD, Samsung 19D4000 LED, Samsung BD-P 2550, PS3 Slim, Sony BDP-S350, LG BD570, Panny DMR-EZ485V
chinee is offline  
post #21 of 21 Old 07-27-2011, 07:13 AM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Dark-Colonel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve S View Post

For really critical gaming, especially FPS games, Samsungs have among the most gaming lag. It can be mitigated to a certain extent by turning off a lot of processing features but still isn't as fast as some other sets. Sharps are about the best in this regard among led/lcd sets and a lot of folks are happy with Sonys.

I'll try to dig a bit deeper on this issue then. If there is 'some' lag but not much, then it won't be too big of a deal for me to be honest, as long as the PQ is good. I'm not going to be all anal about having a bit of lag and making it seem like its the worst thing that has happened since the recent famine in Africa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGroove View Post

One thing I'm curious about is why look at the Samsung 6300 over the 6000? All it adds is the web browser right?

There's a $20 difference between them, so that's about $17 or $18 for me, since the difference is no negligible, I'd rather just go with the 6300.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGroove View Post

I would love to get a Sony, but the EX720 is the lowest LED model they have with acceptable input lag. If all you do is play a few casual games, you might not notice input lag, but if you play any serious FPS games you certainly will.

Well I play just about all games, but I do play shooters on my 360/PS3 such as Gears, Halo, CoD, Uncharted, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

Admittedly, since it is edge-lit there are a couple of VERY MINOR imperfections (slight flashlighting) that are not noticeable with 99% of viewing content. He didn't mention them to me so I didn't say anything to him because the screen was so good that "even I" would not have considered returning or exchanging it. As I mentioned in my earlier post, the D6300 seems much better with regard to screen uniformity than the C6300.

Just a guess, but I imagine the 40" D6300 should look as good if not better.

Well its good to know you've seen it in person and that you think its a good looking TV (but I also assume the Sony & Sharp would also impress).

As I mentioned earlier in this same post, I'm not going to nitpick every single issue that either of these TVs might have, none of them are perfect but it essentially comes down to which weakness/faults I'm willing to put up with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinee View Post

I also like Sony and Samsung screens as well. And not being a hot-blooded videophile, I would take either screen because I think both have excellent PQ.

So you see... a lot more than just the TV's features went into my decision-making... maybe this makes a difference to you as well. Good luck with your decision.

The TV's aesthetics aren't that important to me (but I do agree with both # 1&2) since I think all 3 TVs look really nice. The remote is irrelevant as I'd only use it to turn on the TV and switch inputs, everything else is done either by my receiver for volume, cable box remote for channels, and controllers for consoles.

But your justification makes sense to me, and my household for decades was all about Sony's too. Our last Sony TV was a 40" XBR that we bought back in 2003. But things have changed and that's no longer the case, not to say that Sony is no longer relevant which isn't true at all, its just more common sense these days that there are more comparable brands.

I'm not the type of person that's tied down to one TV brand. Even though I have a 32" Samsung in my room right now which I think still looks awesome, I'm not going to blindly purchase another Samsung because of it. With the help of this forum I helped my parents purchase a Sharp LC52LE700UN 2 years ago and I think its an awesome TV and we're all still very happy with it (it replaced our 40" XBR). Again, not willing to blindly purchase the Sharp because of it.
Dark-Colonel is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off