post #31 of 1646 Old 08-14-2011, 08:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 471 Post(s)
Liked: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by KK20 View Post

Does anyone know if the 2D picture quality on the 735 is any better than on the 734? I've read that the increased circuitry in some 3D sets can improve the standard picture quality as well.

I'm trying to justify the $1000 cost difference between the two sets (panel price difference + glasses + new blu-ray player).

Picture quality will be about the same, no night and day differences in overall PQ. Going 3D can add up, but not to $1000 in this case.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 1646 Old 08-15-2011, 02:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Recently got this TV. Can anyone post their calibration settings for this TV? I don't want to sift through a ton of pages on the 732 thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronleaker View Post
Does anyone know if you can turn off the blue light at the bottom of the set? It would be nice to be able to turn that off during night time watching. Thanks.
Go to menu>System options> scroll down to Icon Light setting and turn it off.
Remember that blue light means 3D, white light means 2D.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterTheSwamp View Post
Does the 735 convert standard shows into 3d?
Yes it does. I find it pretty awesome when playing games such as CoD Black ops on PS3.
post #33 of 1646 Old 08-15-2011, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
ok folks we need some actual pq pics of the 735
post #34 of 1646 Old 08-15-2011, 02:44 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
[quote=-Eden;20825490]Recently got this TV. Can anyone post their calibration settings for this TV? I don't want to sift through a ton of pages on the 732 thread.

try using this guys setting from youtube. People have been saying they work well for the 732.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ--apmENWE
post #35 of 1646 Old 08-15-2011, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

[quote=dafish721;20825526]
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Eden View Post
Recently got this TV. Can anyone post their calibration settings for this TV? I don't want to sift through a ton of pages on the 732 thread.

try using this guys setting from youtube. People have been saying they work well for the 732.

post up some pq pics
post #36 of 1646 Old 08-15-2011, 02:59 PM
Advanced Member

What type of glasses do you need for this? Is there a difference in quality amongst the glasses?
post #37 of 1646 Old 08-15-2011, 04:12 PM

Heres the TV guys!

The TV is on the stand which I put my previous 60" sony projector TV on. Excuse the mess in the stand .
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafish721 View Post

Thank you for this will be trying this later today.
Quote:

What type of glasses do you need for this? Is there a difference in quality amongst the glasses?

Heres the glasses that I got. Note that they have a notch on the side which you can toggle the settings of the glasses. The 2D mode is interesting. If you have 3D switched on on the TV, you can still watch movies in 2D with the 2D toggle on the glasses. The glasses are rechargeable through USB, which makes them SUPER light . They can go over glasses.

**Note that I got a deal on this TV + glasses. I paid $4000 for the TV, and the guy threw in 2 3D glasses and a 3D blu ray player ( which I will be exchanging soon for 2 more 3D glasses).
So at the end of this, I bought the TV + 4 glasses for $4000. Basically, I bought the TV for $3600 because each 3D glass retails for $100. Great deal .
post #38 of 1646 Old 08-15-2011, 06:28 PM
Advanced Member

Let us know how the 3D looks (ghosting, viewing angle, brightness).

Michael
post #39 of 1646 Old 08-15-2011, 07:59 PM
Advanced Member

Thanks for the answers and pics Eden. One thing I dont understand is the purpose of the 2d mode on the glasses. Why you would watch 2d television with glasses?
post #40 of 1646 Old 08-15-2011, 09:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Liked: 590
To establish your dork cred.

There is no difference in HDMI cables. If you can see the picture without visible dropouts or sparklies, the cable is working at 100%. No other cable will display a better version of that picture. You're simply wrong if you think there is a better digital cable than one that is already working. (Oh, and plasma didn't die because of logistics problems, nor does OLED ship in big boxes because it comes from Korea.)
post #41 of 1646 Old 08-15-2011, 10:30 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the answers and pics Eden. One thing I dont understand is the purpose of the 2d mode on the glasses. Why you would watch 2d television with glasses?

That's because if other people are watching 3D and you dont want to , you can watch it in 2D!
post #42 of 1646 Old 08-16-2011, 05:11 AM
Advanced Member

I see. Are those sharp glasses the only ones that you can use with this TV?
post #43 of 1646 Old 08-16-2011, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post

To establish your dork cred.

Rogo that is the first time you have made me laugh. You are much more enjoyable to read when you use you great whit instead of your occasional sharp tongue.
post #44 of 1646 Old 08-16-2011, 01:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Liked: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafish721 View Post

Rogo that is the first time you have made me laugh. You are much more enjoyable to read when you use you great whit instead of your occasional sharp tongue.

Fish, I'm sad I only made you laugh this once. I'll work much harder in the future. A bunch of my posts are attempts at humor, clearly not very good ones.

Off to cry in a corner....

There is no difference in HDMI cables. If you can see the picture without visible dropouts or sparklies, the cable is working at 100%. No other cable will display a better version of that picture. You're simply wrong if you think there is a better digital cable than one that is already working. (Oh, and plasma didn't die because of logistics problems, nor does OLED ship in big boxes because it comes from Korea.)
post #45 of 1646 Old 08-16-2011, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post
Fish, I'm sad I only made you laugh this once. I'll work much harder in the future. A bunch of my posts are attempts at humor, clearly not very good ones.

Off to cry in a corner....
OK, twice now.
post #46 of 1646 Old 08-16-2011, 07:29 PM

Quote:

I see. Are those sharp glasses the only ones that you can use with this TV?

I just got my 735 today and put it up on my wall. Mine came with 2 sets of glasses, but they were different model number, AN-3DG10-S. They don't have the 2D-3D button and are not rechargeable, so they probably not as nice as the ones pictured. I've only tried it out with the test screen, and they worked, but I haven't had a chance to really check them out.
post #47 of 1646 Old 08-17-2011, 10:59 PM

Found the manual on the Sharp site

http://files.sharpusa.com/Downloads/...LC70LE735U.pdf
post #48 of 1646 Old 08-18-2011, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkessler View Post

I just got my 735 today and put it up on my wall. Mine came with 2 sets of glasses, but they were different model number, AN-3DG10-S. They don't have the 2D-3D button and are not rechargeable, so they probably not as nice as the ones pictured. I've only tried it out with the test screen, and they worked, but I haven't had a chance to really check them out.

I also have these glasses with my 735. I am loving the set but still have yet to calibrate it. I am reluctant to get it professionally calibrated. I'd rather do it myself with the various blu-ray discs out there. Anyone else have their display calibrated?
post #49 of 1646 Old 08-18-2011, 10:03 AM

Hey all, first time posting.
I've got the 735U at the store as I speak while I'm finishing up the basement, but my question is (hopefully someone can assist), my end goal is to be able to simultaneously watch a football game while having my browser open to my fantasy football leagues - either an overlay or PIP. Can this tv support that or do you have another way this can be accomplished?

Thanks in advance.....

My List
post #50 of 1646 Old 08-18-2011, 07:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I just viewed the 735 in BB and unfortunately was not impressed. I tinkered with various settings and could not get the image bright enough to make out variations in dark scenes...it all looked black, whereas a Samsung plasma 65 right next to it had blacker blacks and you could make out all the dark suit wearing people in front of the black background, that detail was totally lost on the Sharp. Couldn't even see the people in front of the black background, except their white faces and hands. I changed a picture setting to lighter blacks and the detail was there and the screen was watchable, but now everything looked grey, not black. I was disappointed how dark the images looked and had a hard time making out what was occurring in Iron Man 2. I put it in auto picture, changed other various settings I remembered reading in the 732 thread, but to no avail. I did also look at the 732 and was very impressed with it's brighter and still good blacks picture. So there must have been something up with the 735 unit, or a signal cable or something. All the big tvs along that wall were being fed from a single bluray player. Good for comparison, but bad for signal quiality sometimes. I'll give it another try later, perhaps at another store because I really want tolike this TV versus going with a full projector setup for such a large image.

Why do all of my threads suck? Is there an internet posting school somewhere? -wes k
post #51 of 1646 Old 08-18-2011, 07:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

boarder, hate to say it but this tv begs and need a proper calibration to extract max potential. A split signal at best buy under the lights just isnt going to cut it.

on another note, Gizmodo gives it a thumbs up

http://gizmodo.com/5832300/sharps-bi...-gave-me-a-tan

what I would REALLY love is for someone to post actual quality PQ shots please

whats interesting is in the giz shots you can still see some of the slight dark corners issue.
post #52 of 1646 Old 08-18-2011, 08:03 PM

AZ70, I calibrated my TV to the settings in the youtube video of the 732. Give that a try.Please post your own calibrated settings once you are finished.

I haven't gotten to posting quality HQ pictures yet but I'll try my best to get them up by Saturday.

Its been around a week since I purchased it and I love it! No regrets choosing this over a large projector setup.
post #53 of 1646 Old 08-18-2011, 08:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

eden

appreciate you posting as soon as you can

how do you like the 3d on this set?
post #54 of 1646 Old 08-18-2011, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook View Post

eden

appreciate you posting as soon as you can

how do you like the 3d on this set?

No problem. Been really busy that I just haven't managed the time to do so.

I think it works beautifully! I watch with big theatre recliner chairs, with little lighting around. At times though, it seems like 3D mode isn't on. I guess my eyes are slowly adjusting to watching 3D a lot . Although I have to admit that my eyes did hurt for about a day or so from watching 3D, but all is good now.

Also a note to owners: If you have 3D mode turned on and you are watching in an absolutely dark room, turn up the backlight of the T.V. 3D mode makes pictures seem darker.
post #55 of 1646 Old 08-19-2011, 06:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I'll likely visit another BB today and may take the proposed 732 settings with me and do an in-store adjustment if their unit looks bad too. Also not totally sold on going 3D, but it'd be fun on occasion. I'd also hate not doing it and wish I had later. Good feedback guys on the calibration necessity with this unit.

Why do all of my threads suck? Is there an internet posting school somewhere? -wes k
post #56 of 1646 Old 08-19-2011, 09:39 AM

I received my 735 yesterday. The box contains the TV (with fixed power cord), manuals, stand and remote. There are no glasses included in the TV's box.

Picture quality looks decent right out of the box with default settings - the brightness/contrast levels surely need to be adjusted from their defaults to suit my living room, but I am having it professionally calibrated tomorrow and was told not to change any of the defaults, so I'm leaving them alone for now.

I only use one source which is my HTPC (a Core i7 Sandy Bridge, Intel HD3000, 16GB RAM) which is run through an Onkyo TX-NR609 receiver. Everything is HDMI 1.4. I've read that both Total Media Center 5 and PowerDVD 11 will play 3D blu-rays. Unfortunately after an hour of playing around with Total Media Center 5, I couldn't get it to tell the TV that it was playing 3D content (the TV would never switch into 3D mode). By browsing the forums it seems that TMT5 plays better with nVidia than it does with Intel. Loaded up PowerDVD 11 and with the same 3D blu ray movie, 3D mode kicked right in like it should and I was up and running. The TV does have a local 3D test mode as well (which comes straight from the TV, not an external source) which is helpful to become familiar with how to use the glasses.

The 3D looks incredible - I remember looking at a demo 3D TV about two years ago and thinking it looked like garbage and wondering how it would sell.. I'm not sure what changed with 3D between then and now (active glasses perhaps?), but the 3D on this 735 looks incredible and I'm hooked. The only downside I've found so far is that the AN-3DG10-S 3D glasses emit a faint buzzing sound from the left temple. I have two pair and both exhibit this faint buzzing sound. Oddly enough, I don't notice it on the glasses I'm wearing, but I noticed it on the glasses on the person sitting to the right of me. Perhaps a new model will resolve this.. not a big deal for now. One great feature is that if you move away from the TV (leave the room, etc), the 3D glasses turn off automatically, then back on once you are back in front of the TV. They are battery powered and not rechargeable, however, they do have a mini-USB port which can be used to power the glasses (but from what I've gathered, you'd have to leave them wired the entire time you're using them).

The network setup was a breeze - the TV grabbed an IP via DHCP and was online in minutes. Firmware updates can be checked and applied via the network (no updates were available as of yet). I don't see much use in IP based remote control for the TV as it will auto power off with no signal after X number of minutes. My Onkyo handles IP remote control, so once I turn it off the TV will follow.

I do not have mine wall-mounted - I'm using the included stand. The stand is half the size of my last sharp aquos and sits very low, which is nice. The bezel is relatively thin compared to other sets on the market.

The motion is far smoother than it was on my last set - far less blur/trailing with fast moving motion scenes with white backgrounds. This was an annoyance with my last set and seems to be a lot better with the 735.

I'm very happy with this purchase and can't wait to see how it looks after calibration. Thanks to Chris at Cleveland Plasma for his great service! He was very helpful through the process and a pleasure to do business with.
post #57 of 1646 Old 08-19-2011, 11:15 AM

Eden where did you buy the set from so we can know where to find those new glasses at.
post #58 of 1646 Old 08-19-2011, 06:23 PM

I was wondering on the nit / gritty is it edge lit or back lit LED
post #59 of 1646 Old 08-19-2011, 07:35 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I spent about 20 minutes viewing a 735 in Fry's today. I was generally pleased with the image quality but all four corners showed darkening (vignetting). It was quite noticeable.

Interestingly, the 732 they had on display did NOT show vignetting in the corners.

I also spent some time in front of a couple of 65" plasmas. As much as I expected my next set would be LCD, I'm now expecting my next set will be a plasma. I just wish there were some 70+" plasmas to choose from.

Mark
post #60 of 1646 Old 08-19-2011, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edogg_23 View Post
Eden where did you buy the set from so we can know where to find those new glasses at.
I got this at Visions. I live in Canada.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page