AVS Forum banner

Official Sharp 2011 LC-70LE735U Owners Thread

280K views 2K replies 281 participants last post by  Fubulous 
#1 ·
Figured I would start this as this set is starting to hit the streets. Who will be the first to own it and post impressions. Chris from CP, have you received them and will you be cracking one open :)

#28 ·
Does anyone know if the 2D picture quality on the 735 is any better than on the 734? I've read that the increased circuitry in some 3D sets can improve the standard picture quality as well.

I'm trying to justify the $1000 cost difference between the two sets (panel price difference + glasses + new blu-ray player).

#31 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK20 /forum/post/20820498

Does anyone know if the 2D picture quality on the 735 is any better than on the 734? I've read that the increased circuitry in some 3D sets can improve the standard picture quality as well.

I'm trying to justify the $1000 cost difference between the two sets (panel price difference + glasses + new blu-ray player).

Picture quality will be about the same, no night and day differences in overall PQ. Going 3D can add up, but not to $1000 in this case.....

#32 ·
Recently got this TV. Can anyone post their calibration settings for this TV? I don't want to sift through a ton of pages on the 732 thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronleaker
Does anyone know if you can turn off the blue light at the bottom of the set? It would be nice to be able to turn that off during night time watching. Thanks.
Go to menu>System options> scroll down to Icon Light setting and turn it off.

Remember that blue light means 3D, white light means 2D.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterTheSwamp
Does the 735 convert standard shows into 3d?
Yes it does. I find it pretty awesome when playing games such as CoD Black ops on PS3.

#34 ·
#37 ·
Heres the TV guys!

The TV is on the stand which I put my previous 60" sony projector TV on. Excuse the mess in the stand
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafish721 /forum/post/20825526

try using this guys setting from youtube. People have been saying they work well for the 732.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ--apmENWE

Thank you for this
will be trying this later today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterTheSwamp /forum/post/20825601

What type of glasses do you need for this? Is there a difference in quality amongst the glasses?

Heres the glasses that I got. Note that they have a notch on the side which you can toggle the settings of the glasses. The 2D mode is interesting. If you have 3D switched on on the TV, you can still watch movies in 2D with the 2D toggle on the glasses. The glasses are rechargeable through USB, which makes them SUPER light
. They can go over glasses.

**Note that I got a deal on this TV + glasses. I paid $4000 for the TV, and the guy threw in 2 3D glasses and a 3D blu ray player ( which I will be exchanging soon for 2 more 3D glasses).

So at the end of this, I bought the TV + 4 glasses for $4000. Basically, I bought the TV for $3600 because each 3D glass retails for $100. Great deal

#43 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo /forum/post/20826948

To establish your dork cred.

Rogo that is the first time you have made me laugh. You are much more enjoyable to read when you use you great whit instead of your occasional sharp tongue.

#44 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafish721 /forum/post/20828585

Rogo that is the first time you have made me laugh. You are much more enjoyable to read when you use you great whit instead of your occasional sharp tongue.

Fish, I'm sad I only made you laugh this once. I'll work much harder in the future. A bunch of my posts are attempts at humor, clearly not very good ones.

Off to cry in a corner....

#45 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo
Fish, I'm sad I only made you laugh this once. I'll work much harder in the future. A bunch of my posts are attempts at humor, clearly not very good ones.

Off to cry in a corner....
OK, twice now.

#46 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterTheSwamp /forum/post/20827558

I see. Are those sharp glasses the only ones that you can use with this TV?

I just got my 735 today and put it up on my wall. Mine came with 2 sets of glasses, but they were different model number, AN-3DG10-S. They don't have the 2D-3D button and are not rechargeable, so they probably not as nice as the ones pictured. I've only tried it out with the test screen, and they worked, but I haven't had a chance to really check them out.

#48 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkessler /forum/post/20831165

I just got my 735 today and put it up on my wall. Mine came with 2 sets of glasses, but they were different model number, AN-3DG10-S. They don't have the 2D-3D button and are not rechargeable, so they probably not as nice as the ones pictured. I've only tried it out with the test screen, and they worked, but I haven't had a chance to really check them out.

I also have these glasses with my 735. I am loving the set but still have yet to calibrate it. I am reluctant to get it professionally calibrated. I'd rather do it myself with the various blu-ray discs out there. Anyone else have their display calibrated?

#49 ·
Hey all, first time posting.

I've got the 735U at the store as I speak while I'm finishing up the basement, but my question is (hopefully someone can assist), my end goal is to be able to simultaneously watch a football game while having my browser open to my fantasy football leagues - either an overlay or PIP. Can this tv support that or do you have another way this can be accomplished?

Thanks in advance.....

#50 ·
I just viewed the 735 in BB and unfortunately was not impressed. I tinkered with various settings and could not get the image bright enough to make out variations in dark scenes...it all looked black, whereas a Samsung plasma 65 right next to it had blacker blacks and you could make out all the dark suit wearing people in front of the black background, that detail was totally lost on the Sharp. Couldn't even see the people in front of the black background, except their white faces and hands. I changed a picture setting to lighter blacks and the detail was there and the screen was watchable, but now everything looked grey, not black. I was disappointed how dark the images looked and had a hard time making out what was occurring in Iron Man 2. I put it in auto picture, changed other various settings I remembered reading in the 732 thread, but to no avail. I did also look at the 732 and was very impressed with it's brighter and still good blacks picture. So there must have been something up with the 735 unit, or a signal cable or something. All the big tvs along that wall were being fed from a single bluray player. Good for comparison, but bad for signal quiality sometimes. I'll give it another try later, perhaps at another store because I really want tolike this TV versus going with a full projector setup for such a large image.

#51 ·
boarder, hate to say it but this tv begs and need a proper calibration to extract max potential. A split signal at best buy under the lights just isnt going to cut it.

on another note, Gizmodo gives it a thumbs up

http://gizmodo.com/5832300/sharps-bi...-gave-me-a-tan

what I would REALLY love is for someone to post actual quality PQ shots please

whats interesting is in the giz shots you can still see some of the slight dark corners issue.

#52 ·
AZ70, I calibrated my TV to the settings in the youtube video of the 732. Give that a try.Please post your own calibrated settings once you are finished.

I haven't gotten to posting quality HQ pictures yet but I'll try my best to get them up by Saturday.

Its been around a week since I purchased it and I love it! No regrets choosing this over a large projector setup.