post #631 of 1646 Old 12-18-2011, 10:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choptop32 View Post

let me ask this question.... are there any 735 owners that DONT have clouding?

My 70735 is in the living room, where it's never dark - I don't notice any clouding. Not sure what it would look like in a completely dark room though - but since I never watch it in the dark - I don't care. For my purposes it's perfect!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 1646 Old 12-18-2011, 05:49 PM

Liked: 10
I am in need of some good advice desperately.. I purchased a Samsung 55" LN 950A a few years back. It was a top of the line back lit full array LED LCD. This TV was awesome and picture was great. We wanted to upgrade so I researched for a while reading eveything I could. Against my better judgment I ordered the 70 inch Sharp 735U 240 Hz 3D... It got very good reviews.. We had it professionally installed by geek squad and used all top of the line cinnammon gold plated wires. I immediately wasnt happy with how the picture looked.. Very grainy and a ton of pixilation is visible on the screen. We NEVER saw this on the SAMSUNG... Never... Even the High Def channels appear grainy and cloudy.. The background images look very cloudy and unclear. I troubleshot the problem with Sharp and they walked me through some new settings.. Still hated the picture... Very unclear... WE put in a blue ray and OMG the picture was very good.. Maybe not as fantastic as I would have thought but it was clear and no pixilation spots and no grainy shots.. Still a bit of cloudiness when the room is dark but 3 D was great and I could live with this picture.. Problem is when we go back to cable TV the pic is gariny and pixilation is everywhere in background.. Had a cable tech here today who adjusted dignal strength and more settings changed a few wires but it is stll grainy and unclear.. Pixilation squares are all over.. Watching HD Football now and it is way more grainy and unclear than on the Samsung which is on in the next room... Why am I expereincing this? Is it an optimum cable issue? How can the TV appear clear and spotless when we watch a dvd but not on HD cable channels or reg tv? It is soo much worse than even my old projection screen... CRAZY because I was sooo high on this... Used a few calibration settings on the forum and picture got a bit better but not much change in pixilation grainy issue and overall clarity...Can this be an issue with the TV or is it a wire from Cable Box into TV?? I cannot understand this.. plz advise... Should I swap out for another TV...
post #633 of 1646 Old 12-18-2011, 07:06 PM

have you checked your cable box to make sure you are outputting in HD and not SD? Swapped cables from the Cable box to the TV? Tried a different input on the tv? Tried a different output on the cable box (try component just for kicks)?
post #634 of 1646 Old 12-18-2011, 07:26 PM

I tried all of those EXCEPT changing the wire from the cable box to the TV.. It is run behind the wall. Cable Tech checked today to make sure everything was done as you said and then I rechecked it..
post #635 of 1646 Old 12-18-2011, 07:28 PM

The weird thing is I'm watching Football on NBCHD and for the first 30 minutes it was grainy and lots of pixilation. Then it looked unbeleivably clear for a while. The thing thats strange is I was watching a commercial in the beginning of the game for mission impossible 3 or 4 and it was extremely grainy and strange.. The commercial just came on again about 45 minutes later and the graphics and picture were crytsal clear?????????????
post #636 of 1646 Old 12-18-2011, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boom1994 View Post

I tried all of those EXCEPT changing the wire from the cable box to the TV

do this, report back.
post #637 of 1646 Old 12-18-2011, 09:15 PM

If your viewing distance didn't change the pixels are much larger when going between a 55" and 70". At my viewing distance - about 12' - I only see pixelation in some SD material..but even a majority of it looks really good.
post #638 of 1646 Old 12-19-2011, 01:09 AM

Did you figure this "blue flame" issue out? That is what I've been calling it. I'm having the same problem on multiple input sources. Its becoming a little distracting.

Edit: I meant to quote an earlier poster. This is about the creation of a "blue flame" from any very quick white light, such as from an explosion etc.
post #639 of 1646 Old 12-19-2011, 05:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Hello All, My new set was delivered yesterday afternoon. It is a replacement for my Sony 60" SXRD which was only 5 years. It started to show signs of the dreaded Optical Block yellow staining that I knew was going to happen.

So far out of the box with the AVMODE set for standard I'm impress with the PQ of this new set. I plan on trying some of the picture settings that have already been posted. I would like to thank all of you that posted those settings so far.

Hometheatergeek

aka AL
----------
My Current System
post #640 of 1646 Old 12-19-2011, 06:56 AM

Good morning to all. I was at a local retailer yesterday playing around with the 735. At first glace the picture quality was very grainy. After using the settings from this section the grainess went away 98%. The picture quality was very nice. The only problem now was the black level detailing was gone. Watching the opening sceen to Black Knight the shadow detailing in the belts and dark area was gone. The sceen from the bank looking into the bus the detail inside the bus is just dark. My question to the 735 owners is has anybody addressed/corrected this black level issue and still kept the picture quality?
post #641 of 1646 Old 12-19-2011, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeoutleh View Post

Did you figure this "blue flame" issue out? That is what I've been calling it. I'm having the same problem on multiple input sources. Its becoming a little distracting.

Edit: I meant to quote an earlier poster. This is about the creation of a "blue flame" from any very quick white light, such as from an explosion etc.

No, I'm still getting it. I really have no idea what causes it so I haven't attempted to fix it. For the most part I don't see it all that often. I used the one of the settings from this site on the "standard" setting. One thing I mean to try is playing something I know that does it in some of the other settings to see if I still get it. At least then it would point to a setting issue. I'm curious if (in my settings) the fact that my contrast and brightness is so high has something to do with it.
post #642 of 1646 Old 12-19-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boom1994 View Post

I am in need of some good advice desperately.. I purchased a Samsung 55" LN 950A a few years back. It was a top of the line back lit full array LED LCD. This TV was awesome and picture was great. We wanted to upgrade so I researched for a while reading eveything I could. Against my better judgment I ordered the 70 inch Sharp 735U 240 Hz 3D... It got very good reviews.. We had it professionally installed by geek squad and used all top of the line cinnammon gold plated wires. I immediately wasnt happy with how the picture looked.. Very grainy and a ton of pixilation is visible on the screen. We NEVER saw this on the SAMSUNG... Never... Even the High Def channels appear grainy and cloudy.. The background images look very cloudy and unclear. I troubleshot the problem with Sharp and they walked me through some new settings.. Still hated the picture... Very unclear... WE put in a blue ray and OMG the picture was very good.. Maybe not as fantastic as I would have thought but it was clear and no pixilation spots and no grainy shots.. Still a bit of cloudiness when the room is dark but 3 D was great and I could live with this picture.. Problem is when we go back to cable TV the pic is gariny and pixilation is everywhere in background.. Had a cable tech here today who adjusted dignal strength and more settings changed a few wires but it is stll grainy and unclear.. Pixilation squares are all over.. Watching HD Football now and it is way more grainy and unclear than on the Samsung which is on in the next room... Why am I expereincing this? Is it an optimum cable issue? How can the TV appear clear and spotless when we watch a dvd but not on HD cable channels or reg tv? It is soo much worse than even my old projection screen... CRAZY because I was sooo high on this... Used a few calibration settings on the forum and picture got a bit better but not much change in pixilation grainy issue and overall clarity...Can this be an issue with the TV or is it a wire from Cable Box into TV?? I cannot understand this.. plz advise... Should I swap out for another TV...

I have this TV and notice the same thing mostly in dark parts of the picture. I have done a lot of research and have come to the conclusion that the problem is not the TV but the source. Cable and Sat just don't provide the bandwidth to compete with Blu-ray. In my case I switched from cable (Bright House) to Direct TV and the picture improved about 50%. But it also depends on the programing Football on FOX always looks fantastic (In fact all Football seems to look great) but House on Monday on the same channel will have the problems you describe. It's not great and my old SXRD never had the problem but it's a small price to pay when Blu-ray and video games look so great.

PS: One other thing I found that helped with Cable/SAT picture was to output component cables to my receiver in native and let my receiver convert the signal to 1080p and output via HDMI. I think the digital to analog back to digital allowed the receiver to clean up the picture somewhat before it got to the TV.

Hope this is helpful
post #643 of 1646 Old 12-19-2011, 10:46 AM

My 735 already for Christmas. Also someone asked if there were any owners with no cloud issues and I would like to say I have yet to have any clouding issues.
LL
post #644 of 1646 Old 12-19-2011, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek View Post

Hello All, My new set was delivered yesterday afternoon. It is a replacement for my Sony 60" SXRD which was only 5 years. It started to show signs of the dreaded Optical Block yellow staining that I knew was going to happen.

So far out of the box with the AVMODE set for standard I'm impress with the PQ of this new set. I plan on trying some of the picture settings that have already been posted. I would like to thank all of you that posted those settings so far.

I too just replaced my beloved 60" SXRD that started to turn yellow. So far this Sharp, my first one, is great. The 70" is a bigger improvement than I thought it would be. I'm watching from about 15" away. When I first turned it on, my wife wasn't that impressed. Then I pressed the power saving button on the remote. After that the picture just blew us both away. I don't notice any clouding or dark corners on mine. Now the wait for my free pair of back ordered 3D glasses.
post #645 of 1646 Old 12-19-2011, 09:18 PM

Two months with my 70735 and no clouding issues.
post #646 of 1646 Old 12-20-2011, 09:01 AM

well, hearing that not everyone has clouding I guess its time to see about returning mine for a new 735 with no clouds. This should be fun.
post #647 of 1646 Old 12-20-2011, 11:39 AM

Just sent mine back. My new one will be here Friday. I hope this one doesn't have any clouding issues.
post #648 of 1646 Old 12-20-2011, 06:12 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 13
My son just brought the Sharp LC-70LE735U TV. He is trying to use the optical for his VUDU, to get DD from his Denon 3908ci. For some reason, he is only getting 7 channel stereo. He has it setup in the input assignment as opt 2 on his Denon. Does anybody know why he is not getting DD? Are we missing a setting somewhere?

Thanks, Jerry
post #649 of 1646 Old 12-21-2011, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyons07 View Post

My son just brought the Sharp LC-70LE735U TV. He is trying to use the optical for his VUDU, to get DD from his Denon 3908ci. For some reason, he is only getting 7 channel stereo. He has it setup in the input assignment as opt 2 on his Denon. Does anybody know why he is not getting DD? Are we missing a setting somewhere?

Thanks, Jerry

I have the same problem. The optical seems to output only plain stereo. I tried to connect my PVR via HDMI and then get the audio through the TV via the optical output back to my receiver.
post #650 of 1646 Old 12-21-2011, 06:11 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DMANIAC View Post

I have the same problem. The optical seems to output only plain stereo. I tried to connect my PVR via HDMI and then get the audio through the TV via the optical output back to my receiver.

You need to go into audio settings on the TV and change from PCM to DD. Once you do that, it will get you DD.

Jerry
post #651 of 1646 Old 12-21-2011, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geomark View Post

Can you guys share how you got this deal. Did you have to go to the b&m store? The only thing i see on the website is $3499.

I got mine by informally bundling an Onkyo 3D receiver TXNR609 (in store price $499.99, bundled price $325.99) to go with the TV. Andre dropped the price to $2699.99 and then threw in a 5 year protection plan at their standard $599.99 to make the total cost $3300 (+ the 2 pair of back-ordered glasses). First time visiting the store but I feel like I got a great deal.
post #652 of 1646 Old 12-22-2011, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbrooke26 View Post

I got mine by informally bundling an Onkyo 3D receiver TXNR609 (in store price $499.99, bundled price $325.99) to go with the TV. Andre dropped the price to $2699.99 and then threw in a 5 year protection plan at their standard $599.99 to make the total cost $3300 (+ the 2 pair of back-ordered glasses). First time visiting the store but I feel like I got a great deal.

THAT is a great deal.
post #653 of 1646 Old 12-22-2011, 02:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Well I only had to work a half a day today so I tried the settings posted by dafish721. Dude those settings rock. We watched a little of Mission Impossible 2 off of the cable feed, no less, and the minute details are

Hometheatergeek

aka AL
----------
My Current System
post #654 of 1646 Old 12-22-2011, 05:41 PM

Got my second sharp LC-70LE735U today. It looks a lot better. Very little clouding if any compared to the one I returned.
post #655 of 1646 Old 12-22-2011, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbrooke26 View Post

Nice. I'm getting basically the same deal minus the glasses & warranty for $3,346.88 OTD. That is, if I can press the "place order" button!

Need. More. Bass.
post #656 of 1646 Old 12-22-2011, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Papagorgio View Post

Got my second sharp LC-70LE735U today. It looks a lot better. Very little clouding if any compared to the one I returned.

well, after xmas mine is going back. most of my viewing is at night in a darkened room and the clouding bugs me. Its good to hear there are 735's out there with little to none.
post #657 of 1646 Old 12-22-2011, 10:21 PM

Are there any specific options I should enable/disable or change for 3D viewing settings? Is setting it to 240 with a brighter or dimmer image better? What about viewing distance, I'm about 14 ft. away. It seems that the 3D quality the media was originally recorded in makes the most difference. One thing I am happy with is that you don't really have to sit perfectly upright centered in front of the set for the 3D to work. I can lay back and relax without any degradation of the 3D effect. This is my first 3D HDTV and I am enjoying the feature so far. It adds a whole other "dimension" to watching media at home. (pun intended)
post #658 of 1646 Old 12-25-2011, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyons07 View Post

You need to go into audio settings on the TV and change from PCM to DD. Once you do that, it will get you DD.

Jerry

I have the 734 sharp 70 and there is no such option to change the audio output on the tv. I wish there was because I would love to enjoy 5.1 audio from some of the netflix titles that offer it but so far it only outputs 2 channel stereo from the optical output on the tv
post #659 of 1646 Old 12-26-2011, 11:46 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by duker733 View Post

I have the 734 sharp 70 and there is no such option to change the audio output on the tv. I wish there was because I would love to enjoy 5.1 audio from some of the netflix titles that offer it but so far it only outputs 2 channel stereo from the optical output on the tv

Check your manual under "System Options" "Input Terminal Settings" (It's page 32 in the 735 manual).
post #660 of 1646 Old 12-26-2011, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moovtune View Post

Check your manual under "System Options" "Input Terminal Settings" (It's page 32 in the 735 manual).

Hey thanks so much for the info I found it. The audio select option is only available in the input terminal menu when actually playing the source you want to change. So I was playing netflix through the tv app and went into the input terminal menu and there it was! The option to change the audio from 2 channel pcm to dolby digital.

Thanks again for the info now I can finally enjoy Netflix movies (well that are actually in 5.1) the way they are supposed to sound. Hope this helps someone else too!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page