Official Sharp 2011 LC-70LE735U Owners Thread - Page 31 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #901 of 1646 Old 01-22-2012, 04:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
wxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,849
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Is it with all Blu ray movies are certain ones? The last Star Trek movie has many blue/white flashes which are really annoying and was done intentionally by JJ Abrams.
wxman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #902 of 1646 Old 01-22-2012, 04:57 PM
AVS Special Member
 
hometheatergeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,337
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by wps52 View Post

Items of the size of this TV are not shipped by UPS or Fedex. They are shipped by the same couriers that deliver them to the stores. Purchased two large screen TVs online and never had an issue. Bought one from a local B&M and had nothing but issues. It's all in the luck of the draw. You can get good TVs and bad TVs from both.


WPS

I stand corrected WPS. However the units are still shipped individually, not how the manufactures would ship multiple units on a single pallet. But you are also correct that it is the luck of the draw. I am still of the opinion that something this large is best bought from a local store. IOW to increase the likelyhood of getting a non damaged unit. Maybe a poll is in order to see if more ppl had issues with online ordering vs a unit delivered by the local B&M.

Hometheatergeek

aka AL
----------
My Current System
hometheatergeek is online now  
post #903 of 1646 Old 01-22-2012, 05:36 PM
Member
 
Scrib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 134
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What's the most recommended set of settings for this TV? Point me to a particular post in this thread? Thanks!
Scrib is offline  
post #904 of 1646 Old 01-22-2012, 05:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Suzook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 5,483
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek View Post


I stand corrected WPS. However the units are still shipped individually, not how the manufactures would ship multiple units on a single pallet. But you are also correct that it is the luck of the draw. I am still of the opinion that something this large is best bought from a local store. IOW to increase the likelyhood of getting a non damaged unit. Maybe a poll is in order to see if more ppl had issues with online ordering vs a unit delivered by the local B&M.

14 large size panels including one beast that weighed 180 pounds all ordered online. Not one arrive with a cracked screen or issue due to delivery.
Suzook is offline  
post #905 of 1646 Old 01-22-2012, 05:56 PM
Member
 
creativeoutleh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman View Post

Is it with all Blu ray movies are certain ones? The last Star Trek movie has many blue/white flashes which are really annoying and was done intentionally by JJ Abrams.

Its with all types of sources Blu-ray, apple tv2, amazon video, regular dvds, HD TV. Different movies and content.
creativeoutleh is offline  
post #906 of 1646 Old 01-22-2012, 06:12 PM
Advanced Member
 
Darth Indy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 994
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeoutleh View Post

Hi all, I've only interected with one other person with this issue, but is anyone noticing what I've been calling a "blue flame" on their Sharp 70LE735U? This occurs when very fast and bright light is shown on screen. This occurs with explosions, lights in frame, etc. A horizontal blue line occurs on the screen. This is frustrating as it is a big distraction. Here are some example pictures.

I've tried multiple sources and it mainly occurs on higher quality HD.

Any ideas what this is or how to fix it? Thanks

Looks like lens flare which is in the actual movie, not tv's fault. Super 8 had lots of that used and i see thats the movie your pics are from. Unless you are saying no matter what you are watching every tv show and movie is doing it?
Darth Indy is offline  
post #907 of 1646 Old 01-22-2012, 06:19 PM
Member
 
Zablon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Indy View Post

Looks like lens flare which is in the actual movie, not tv's fault. Super 8 had lots of that used and i see thats the movie your pics are from. Unless you are saying no matter what you are watching every tv show and movie is doing it?

I know what he is referring to and it isn't normal lense flare. This is something to do with the set itself. I imagine it is something to do with the fine tuning of the color with too much blue. It does occur when lens flare happens, but not only with that. Other TV's with the same scenes do not have it.
Zablon is offline  
post #908 of 1646 Old 01-22-2012, 06:26 PM
Member
 
creativeoutleh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have the same problem with all types of content/movies. It usually occurs in action scenes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Indy View Post

Looks like lens flare which is in the actual movie, not tv's fault. Super 8 had lots of that used and i see thats the movie your pics are from. Unless you are saying no matter what you are watching every tv show and movie is doing it?

creativeoutleh is offline  
post #909 of 1646 Old 01-22-2012, 06:59 PM
AVS Special Member
 
wxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,849
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeoutleh View Post

Its with all types of sources Blu-ray, apple tv2, amazon video, regular dvds, HD TV. Different movies and content.

What A/V mode are you in? Dynamic, Movie, Auto? Generally Dynamic and Standard on most tv's oversaturate the colors. Also what color temperature are you using? mid-low would be the better choice as mid high or high is too blue.
wxman is offline  
post #910 of 1646 Old 01-22-2012, 07:03 PM
Senior Member
 
Spidergames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 427
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeoutleh View Post

Hi all, I've only interected with one other person with this issue, but is anyone noticing what I've been calling a "blue flame" on their Sharp 70LE735U? This occurs when very fast and bright light is shown on screen. This occurs with explosions, lights in frame, etc. A horizontal blue line occurs on the screen. This is frustrating as it is a big distraction. Here are some example pictures.

I've tried multiple sources and it mainly occurs on higher quality HD.










Any ideas what this is or how to fix it? Thanks


is this your first HD tv? cause thats how it should look with 240hz on.....
Spidergames is offline  
post #911 of 1646 Old 01-22-2012, 07:15 PM
Member
 
geomark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 189
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What size/model is that? That looks bad. I would have returned it if you had a chance. Does it have this effect on all movies/sources?

Need. More. Bass.
geomark is offline  
post #912 of 1646 Old 01-22-2012, 07:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Holiday121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,728
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 38
No expert but that does not seem right
Holiday121 is offline  
post #913 of 1646 Old 01-22-2012, 08:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
DavidHir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 10,488
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 448
Anyone having audio lip sync issues on their 735? It seems like an issue with some people on the 632.

DavidHir is offline  
post #914 of 1646 Old 01-22-2012, 11:01 PM
Member
 
creativeoutleh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Some more details about the above image issue: I run the TV in "standard" mode, on 240mhz, opc off, backlight +3, and basically everything else set to the factory defaults. I thought the color temperate mentioned might help as mine was set to "high", which is the factory default, I adjusted it to medium, medium low and it didn't change the blue flare issue.

I reset the tv to all factory defaults, tried all the different AV modes, and then adjusted all settings, including the motion enhancement. None of this had any impact to the issue.

I've had the TV for several months now and I've noticed this all along, but am just now having time to deal with it at length. This is not the first HD TV that I've owned.

Here is another example of the issue in the blu-ray of Captain America.

creativeoutleh is offline  
post #915 of 1646 Old 01-23-2012, 03:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Holiday121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,728
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Can anyone suggest any wall mounts please
Holiday121 is offline  
post #916 of 1646 Old 01-23-2012, 07:31 AM
AVS Special Member
 
vladi123456's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: DFW
Posts: 1,084
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I've seen similar artifacts on my screen, it kind of freaked me out. In my case, the blue color on people faces and hair, very weird. It looked like some weird defect, but after i adjusted some settings, it kinda went away
vladi123456 is offline  
post #917 of 1646 Old 01-23-2012, 08:32 AM
Senior Member
 
lifesun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 497
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeoutleh View Post

Some more details about the above image issue: I run the TV in "standard" mode, on 240mhz, opc off, backlight +3, and basically everything else set to the factory defaults. I thought the color temperate mentioned might help as mine was set to "high", which is the factory default, I adjusted it to medium, medium low and it didn't change the blue flare issue.

I reset the tv to all factory defaults, tried all the different AV modes, and then adjusted all settings, including the motion enhancement. None of this had any impact to the issue.

I've had the TV for several months now and I've noticed this all along, but am just now having time to deal with it at length. This is not the first HD TV that I've owned.

Here is another example of the issue in the blu-ray of Captain America.

All of the examples you have shown seem normal to me, especially with super8. I see the exact same flares on my lg plasma and Sony LCD............unless i am not seeing what you are trying to describe.
lifesun is offline  
post #918 of 1646 Old 01-23-2012, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Holiday121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,728
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Anyone that has mounted a 70 inch sharp what wall mount did you use?

I see some for 27 bucks on amazon with people saying they have hung there on that
Holiday121 is offline  
post #919 of 1646 Old 01-23-2012, 09:39 AM
Member
 
kgehring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holiday121 View Post

Anyone that has mounted a 70 inch sharp what wall mount did you use?

I see some for 27 bucks on amazon with people saying they have hung there on that

My installer used Sanus for both my Sharp 70 735U as well as my 42" LG's.

A link is here for BB - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sanus+-+...&skuId=7269546

You can get these at Amazon for like 1/2 the price though.

My List
kgehring is offline  
post #920 of 1646 Old 01-23-2012, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Holiday121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,728
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 38
So from all the pages I been reason the 240hz is not true and in most professional calibrations they don't even use the quatron 4th Color.

Now I'm in a dilemma. I don't need 3d. And the 632 is down big time in price. I could save after warranty 3G glasses etc over a 1000+ dollars.

So honestly in your opinions is it going to be that big if difference in picture quality between the 632 and 735. I read the 735 dials in well but for over 1000 more dollars is it really making that huge of improvement
Holiday121 is offline  
post #921 of 1646 Old 01-23-2012, 10:51 AM
Newbie
 
screwhead728's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeoutleh View Post

Hi all, I've only interected with one other person with this issue, but is anyone noticing what I've been calling a "blue flame" on their Sharp 70LE735U? This occurs when very fast and bright light is shown on screen. This occurs with explosions, lights in frame, etc. A horizontal blue line occurs on the screen. This is frustrating as it is a big distraction. Here are some example pictures.

I've tried multiple sources and it mainly occurs on higher quality HD.










Any ideas what this is or how to fix it? Thanks



I have been seeing this forum for the past days since I'm thinking of buying the Sharp 70le735u. After seeing this post about the blue lines, it is NOT the TV. It's the movie. I played Super 8 on my Samsung 46 LCD, and I could see the same exact blue lines in a lot of scenes. I got worried for a second.
screwhead728 is offline  
post #922 of 1646 Old 01-23-2012, 01:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
lovswr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Posts: 1,543
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post

I went to BrandsMart here in Atlanta yesterday, and they are selling the 735 for $2999 including two pairs of 3D glasses and a 3D Sharp BD player, and I could have driven off with it right then and there.

$3499 is overpriced.

Was that the Brand Smart near 400 (the old GM plant)?

carry on with your HD-Lite Directv loving banter! <--Comedy Gold
Don't fall for the HDMI 1.3 Hype!
PSN = lovswr
XBOX Live = lovswr
lovswr is offline  
post #923 of 1646 Old 01-23-2012, 02:22 PM
Newbie
 
johnbrooke26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgehring View Post

My installer used Sanus for both my Sharp 70 735U as well as my 42" LG's.

A link is here for BB - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sanus+-+...&skuId=7269546

You can get these at Amazon for like 1/2 the price though.

I used the same one, Sanus VMPL3-B. No worries on it's strength. Amazon link.
johnbrooke26 is offline  
post #924 of 1646 Old 01-23-2012, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Suzook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 5,483
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Sanus LLB1 if you want ultra low profile
Suzook is offline  
post #925 of 1646 Old 01-23-2012, 02:48 PM
Member
 
btcs41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I saw these exact blue lines on Super 8 as well! We were streaming from Verizon Fios.
btcs41 is offline  
post #926 of 1646 Old 01-23-2012, 05:04 PM
Senior Member
 
moovtune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Los Angeles, Ca.
Posts: 339
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Yes, "Super 8" and "Captain America" have blue streaks in the film. But the TV does have a problem with blue lights and occasionally white lights that streak blue. I have a couple of concert disc where the overhead lights are blue and parts of people's hair and faces are brightly illuminated in blue, completely blocking out all other color in certain areas. I've watched over 100 Blu-Rays on my 735 since i got it and my opinion is that there is some kind of issue with blue streaking, but I have no idea what causes it.
moovtune is offline  
post #927 of 1646 Old 01-23-2012, 05:34 PM
Member
 
creativeoutleh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thank you for confirming. This is a great tv, but I would like to see this issued addressed by Sharp. I just did a factory reset per Sharp's instructions and the issue is still there. To me this issue is much more annoying than any kind of ghosting or dark corners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moovtune View Post

Yes, "Super 8" and "Captain America" have blue streaks in the film. But the TV does have a problem with blue lights and occasionally white lights that streak blue. I have a couple of concert disc where the overhead lights are blue and parts of people's hair and faces are brightly illuminated in blue, completely blocking out all other color in certain areas. I've watched over 100 Blu-Rays on my 735 since i got it and my opinion is that there is some kind of issue with blue streaking, but I have no idea what causes it.

creativeoutleh is offline  
post #928 of 1646 Old 01-23-2012, 06:49 PM
Member
 
btcs41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This also occurs constantly during the Rush concert on Palladia. It's unwatchable there is so much blue streaking.
btcs41 is offline  
post #929 of 1646 Old 01-23-2012, 06:51 PM
AVS Special Member
 
wxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,849
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 243
To those with the blue flash problems. Have you gone through the process of elimination? Do you have your sources connected through an A/V system? If so, connect sources directly to TV to see if the flashes still occur. If they do, have you switched HDMI cables? Curious to just how widespread this problem is.
wxman is offline  
post #930 of 1646 Old 01-23-2012, 07:20 PM
Member
 
btcs41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Honestly I haven't tried anything yet. I tested it out to make sure the TV worked, and now its in the middle of the room while the room is prepped. The only times it happened was with Super 8 and the Rush concert. Probably watched 10 other movies--cable, bluray, streaming in addition to PS3 games and cable TV with no issue.
btcs41 is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off