Official Sharp 2011 LC-70LE735U Owners Thread - Page 34 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #991 of 1646 Old 02-02-2012, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 222
Let us know how it turns out. Also if you remember the instructions how to do master reset can you post them, as I might give that a try since I still have some ninor clouding.

RIP Robin Williams. Thanks for the laughter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 1646 Old 02-02-2012, 11:05 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone know of a similar deal in the Chicagoland area? I am looking to purchase the 735 as well.

Also, anyone have any thoughts on the Samsung UN65D8000 model?

I found the picture quality to be better on the UN65D8000 than the Sharp 735, when I was looking at a local store. But would like to know if anyone else has any opinions or experience on this?

Thank you!!

[quote=neil0311;21565119]OK...Here it is for all the doubters. You can see the set, Sharp BD player, and 2 pairs of glasses...and the price.
post #993 of 1646 Old 02-02-2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman View Post

Let us know how it turns out. Also if you remember the instructions how to do master reset can you post them, as I might give that a try since I still have some ninor clouding.

master reset: hold vol - and input on tv, unplug, hold ch - and input, plug in, right arrow, this will get you in master settings, they asked me to arrow over and give some info. unplug, wait 30 sec, plug in. re-check for clouding. i still see it so on to sending pics. i'll update my status.

Need. More. Bass.
post #994 of 1646 Old 02-02-2012, 12:03 PM
AVS Special Member

I can't get that master reset to work. is it volume down and channel down along with input?

post #995 of 1646 Old 02-02-2012, 12:04 PM

Quote:

I can't get that master reset to work. is it volume down and channel down along with input?

yes, hold them together (vol - + input) (ch - + input)

Need. More. Bass.
post #996 of 1646 Old 02-02-2012, 12:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Must be a 2 man operation to do this reset. Hard to hold these buttons point at tv, hold them and then power off and on.

post #997 of 1646 Old 02-02-2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:

Must be a 2 man operation to do this reset. Hard to hold these buttons point at tv, hold them and then power off and on.

Yeah, that's what I told the guy on the phone. Luckily I figured out a way to do it by myself while i had him on the phone but it had me shaking my head! You just need an extension cord and/or an outlet on the side of the TV that has the side controls.

BTW, you don't hold the buttons on the remote, you hold the actual buttons on the set.

Need. More. Bass.
post #998 of 1646 Old 02-02-2012, 01:38 PM
AVS Special Member

I wonder if this will work. From another Sharp Aquos tv

1. Unplug your set
2. While holding vol down and input buttons on your set, plug unit back in. The set should turn on and you will see a blue box with a K in it on the left hand side of your screen
3. Push Vol down and Channel down buttons at the same time on the set. You should now be in service menu.
4. With the remote controle, push the arrow down button 1 time.
5. Look for factory init.
6. Arrow right to turn it on.
7. Press enter, or ok on the remote. You should see some //////. Wait a minute and you should should get a solid green screen that says Factory Init Success.
8. Unplug TV. Wait 30 sec's
9. Plug back in and power up. You should be at first time set up.

post #999 of 1646 Old 02-02-2012, 01:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geomark View Post

BTW, you don't hold the buttons on the remote, you hold the actual buttons on the set.

Ah...that's my problem! Thanks

post #1000 of 1646 Old 02-02-2012, 01:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 86
it just does not make any sense what so ever that a reset would fix clouding at all...
post #1001 of 1646 Old 02-02-2012, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark62 View Post

it just does not make any sense what so ever that a reset would fix clouding at all...

Bingo. That's also what I told the guy on the phone. I asked if this has ever fixed a clouding issue and he didn't give me a direct response. I think it's just "red tape" that they need to go through to get the process started.

Also, I got an email from them with instructions on sending in pix. They want a boatload of pics, Menu, TV mode, pic of the serial number, etc, etc, etc. Check this out:

* Send at least three (3) to five (5) photos as described below.

* All of the photos should be taken with active TV video on the screen rather than PC / Game system video or a plain black / grey screen. It is more helpful in diagnosing the issue.

* Take the photos directly in front of the TV (rather than at an angle).

* Turn off the camera flash to avoid reflections that can make the issue difficult to see.

* Be sure to use the highest resolution possible on your camera.
Please take at least three (3) full screen photos (showing the entire television screen and frame) with active TV video:

1. Press the MENU button on the remote control, and take a full screen photo with the TV Menu displayed.

2. Press the DISPLAY button, and take a full screen photo showing the on-screen display for every input available.

o On-screen display includes the input number, type of signal, resolution, audio type, etc.

3. Take a full screen photo without the TV Menu or on-screen display

4. Take any additional close-up photos that will help us identify the issue.

5. Take a photo of the model number and serial number sticker on either the rear or side of the unit.

Need. More. Bass.
post #1002 of 1646 Old 02-02-2012, 02:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark62 View Post

I agree. It didn't work for Geomark either. I think you would have better success just using the paint roller method on the screen as it eliminated most of my clouding. I called Sharp and asked the rep about the factory reset for clouding and he told me that even if it did work, it may make it worse in the long run. I just think it is a panel issue. Luckily I have 45 days to return to BB for full exhange or refund and also have extended warranty. So I can see if the paint roller solution will hold for a few weeks.

post #1003 of 1646 Old 02-02-2012, 02:43 PM

LOL. A reset? Are you kidding me? C'mon folks, that's absurd - this is a physical issue with the panel, not some logic board, or boards needing to be reset. Good grief.
post #1004 of 1646 Old 02-02-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post

LOL. A reset? Are you kidding me? C'mon folks, that's absurd - this is a physical issue with the panel, not some logic board, or boards needing to be reset. Good grief.

Agreed. I was LOL-ing too when they had me do it but we gotta jump through hoops to get the process started. Anyway, I don't know if they are going to give me a replacement or not, I'm not too optimistic since I have what they would probably refer to as minor clouding. But I will fight it. The fact that they want a shot with what sounds like a full screen image (TV Input Image) tells me that they will not be able to see the clouding issue. It only appears to me on a black background. I'd hate to return the set, but the issue is pretty obvious to me and I don't know if I can live with it.

Need. More. Bass.
post #1005 of 1646 Old 02-02-2012, 03:00 PM

Question for those who may know:

I am replacing a Pioneer PDP-5050 50" Plasma TV with the 735 I ordered from Pauls. The Pioneer is mounted on the wall. Is there any chance that the wall mount the Pioneer is mounted to will work with the 735? The Pioneer screen weighs 74 pounds.

The Sharp mount in the manual seems awfully pricey. Also, I don't need it to swivel or tilt. I just want it flat on the wall.

Thanks

[Early Adopter]
post #1006 of 1646 Old 02-02-2012, 06:29 PM

Recently got one of these myself. Doesn't seem to be the easiest to adjust so will probably get it calibrated. It's large. Nice.

What I do notice is that the backlight uniformity is bad. It's especially annoying on a bright background when panning. Most of the scene moves but the splotches don't and that really stands out.

Full panel LED backlighting has got a ways to go.
post #1007 of 1646 Old 02-02-2012, 06:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by haydonavsforum View Post

Recently got one of these myself. Doesn't seem to be the easiest to adjust so will probably get it calibrated. It's large. Nice.

What I do notice is that the backlight uniformity is bad. It's especially annoying on a bright background when panning. Most of the scene moves but the splotches don't and that really stands out.

Full panel LED backlighting has got a ways to go.

The dreaded DSE. Have that also on my Pioneer Kuro. Actually on my 735 it's not as noticeable as it is on my 5020. Plus whites are really white.

post #1008 of 1646 Old 02-02-2012, 08:24 PM

Does anyone run a straight antenna connection? I'm not sure if this issue show up on a cable box or not but I have it hooked up to a direct over that air hd antenna and when you switch the channels, the screen/channel numbers/display go dim and bright before they click in. Has anyone noticed this?

Need. More. Bass.
post #1009 of 1646 Old 02-02-2012, 08:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Does anyone run a straight antenna connection? I'm not sure if this issue show up on a cable box or not but I have it hooked up to a direct over that air hd antenna and when you switch the channels, the screen/channel numbers/display go dim and bright before they click in. Has anyone noticed this?

Mine does the same with OTA connection.

post #1010 of 1646 Old 02-03-2012, 04:18 AM

Quote:

What about your Audio with the OTA connection? Do you get sound via HDMI or do you have to use Optical out? (The only way I could get sound was to use Optical, even with the ARC Hdmi hooked up and selected.)

So, can you get audio from the TV to the AVR using the ARC HDMI? If so, is there a setting that needs to be switched?

Need. More. Bass.
post #1011 of 1646 Old 02-03-2012, 07:34 AM

Quote:

Mine also
post #1012 of 1646 Old 02-03-2012, 09:00 AM

Was curious how folks charge their 3D glasses. The manual says to only use the USB ports on the TV, but they are on the back and not easily accessible to me in my setup. The TV also has to be powered on for the ports to be powered.

Is there a reason that a normal USB wall charger would not work? I don't want to toast $90 glasses, so I'm curious what others do.
post #1013 of 1646 Old 02-03-2012, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post

Was curious how folks charge their 3D glasses. The manual says to only use the USB ports on the TV, but they are on the back and not easily accessible to me in my setup. The TV also has to be powered on for the ports to be powered.

Is there a reason that a normal USB wall charger would not work? I don't want to toast $90 glasses, so I'm curious what others do.

I never read manuals so I just plugged it into the PS3 but that didn't work so I just used my laptop port. That charged it. They may need more power than the ps3 provides. I'll probably use the tv from now on, just get an extension cable.

Need. More. Bass.
post #1014 of 1646 Old 02-03-2012, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post

My stereo has a usb port on the front so I plug them into that.
post #1015 of 1646 Old 02-03-2012, 12:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

What about your Audio with the OTA connection? Do you get sound via HDMI or do you have to use Optical out? (The only way I could get sound was to use Optical, even with the ARC Hdmi hooked up and selected.)

So, can you get audio from the TV to the AVR using the ARC HDMI? If so, is there a setting that needs to be switched?

There is also a line out jack in back of tv. I use that instead of optical out into my reciever. No audio lag with that.

post #1016 of 1646 Old 02-03-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:

There is also a line out jack in back of tv. I use that instead of optical out into my reciever. No audio lag with that.

So line out to rca plugs? Are you able to get surround effects with that? I though the ARC (Audio return channel) feature on the new HDMI spec was supposed to run audio back to your receiver.

Need. More. Bass.
post #1017 of 1646 Old 02-03-2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by etype2 View Post

Wxman:

Right out the box, all inputs were to bright. The best were Movie and User. Movie was slightly shifted to yellow/green.

Setting:

OPC Off
Dot to Dot
Color Temperature: Low
Back light: -2
Contrast: 0
Brightness: +2
Color: -4
Tint -6
Sharpness: 0
CMS HUE
R: +1
Y: -2
I left all other CMS setting at factory for now. Will let tech adjust.
Motion: OFF
Quad Pix: On
Active Contrast : Off
Gamma: 0
Digital Noise Reduction: Off
Film: Off

With these settings I'm very satisfied, but I know the ISF calibration will vastly improve. I had 4 previous sets calibrated and I highly recommend calibration. The first thing is to get the gray scale and gamma right. Color temperature should be set to ideal 6500 Kelvin if possible, You don't want your color temp to blue or red. The ISF tech will go into your advanced service menu which is not given to consumers to prevent potential destruction. IT HAS HAPPENED TO OTHERS WHO DID NOT KNOW WHAT THEY WERE DOING. You will also get a book and chart with your calibration. One final thing about calibration, you will find your set uses less energy after calibration.

A thought about the cloud issues experienced by other members and this is just speculation on my part, how were your sets delivered? Could they have been damaged in shipping? My set was delivered upright with an over sized wood pallet cabled to the box at the bottom. This prevented the box to have been laid on it's side in shipping. There were also two "SHOCK METERS" attached to the box. If the box received rough handling, red dye in the "SHOCK METERS" would have been activated and I had the option not to accept. Fortunately no such activation occurred in my shipment. When you take the panel out of the box, it should never be placed on it's side. Damage to the panel can occur.

I can say the color, detail, black levels are very good however the viewing angles are inferior to my old 2005 65 inch Sharp. I will report further with comments after final calibration on the 28th.

My 735U was calibrated by a certified ISF technician. It produces extremely deep blacks and detailed color images with no clouding issues at all.

Here is a screen shot of the soft focus promotional ad for NBC's "Voice" you may have seen it. Remember this is a soft focus shot. Camera used, not the best, from my iPhone 4s.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...35USS51200.jpg

Personal website dedicated to Vintage Micro TV http://www.visions4.net/journal/time-line/
post #1018 of 1646 Old 02-03-2012, 02:47 PM

Quote:

I wonder if this will work. From another Sharp Aquos tv

1. Unplug your set
2. While holding vol down and input buttons on your set, plug unit back in. The set should turn on and you will see a blue box with a K in it on the left hand side of your screen
3. Push Vol down and Channel down buttons at the same time on the set. You should now be in service menu.
4. With the remote controle, push the arrow down button 1 time.
5. Look for factory init.
6. Arrow right to turn it on.
7. Press enter, or ok on the remote. You should see some //////. Wait a minute and you should should get a solid green screen that says Factory Init Success.
8. Unplug TV. Wait 30 sec's
9. Plug back in and power up. You should be at first time set up.

Is there some reason why you don't use the 735's built-in Reset to Factory Settings function???
I used it today to erase all my personal settings and Internet stuff. Worked perfectly. Took all of 30 seconds!
The Reset function is under MENU/INITIAL SETUP...at the very bottom.

BTW....I'll be getting my replacement 735 tomorrow. Hopefully THAT TV's 3D emitter won't screw up all my other remotes like this first one did. That's why I had to do the RESET.
post #1019 of 1646 Old 02-03-2012, 02:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerndM View Post

Is there some reason why you don't use the 735's built-in Reset to Factory Settings function???
I used it today to erase all my personal settings and Internet stuff. Worked perfectly. Took all of 30 seconds!
The Reset function is under MENU/INITIAL SETUP...at the very bottom.

not the same as a factory reset...
post #1020 of 1646 Old 02-03-2012, 03:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

So line out to rca plugs? Are you able to get surround effects with that? I though the ARC (Audio return channel) feature on the new HDMI spec was supposed to run audio back to your receiver.

No surround sound effects. If you use OTA or the built in apps, there are only 2 ways to get the sound from tv into your receiver and that is via optical or rca out.

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page