Interesting, that's a different option to what I have.
Mine just says EDID D/L and lists the inputs. That's obviously for the audio side of things.
Did you remove the HDMI inputs? Not sure if that changes things, but in the service manual, it does specifically state that this needs to be done.
This is from the LV9500-UA service manual that nony linked to
4.3.3 Download method
1) Press Adj. key on the Adj. R/C,
2) Select EDID D/L menu.
3) By pressing Enter key, EDID download will begin
4) If Download is successful, OK is display, but If Download is
failure, NG is displayed.
5) If Download is failure, Re-try downloads.
* Caution) When EDID Download, must remove RGB/HDMI