NANO LG LV9500 Official Owner's thread - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 1750 Old 08-29-2011, 08:54 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Finally, 100% 3D support, The EDID reset on the AC3 followed by an instop worked. It might not show up right away. It seems once your set tell you that the software update #2 or #3 is available you have 100% 3D playback and the best deal in Home Theater for 2011.

Thank you lg, Life in my 3D world is good and thank you HSN for putting out the best deal in HomeTheater of 2011 and making it affordable to most by providing 6 no interest payments and free delivery.

Thank you Nony and all the others who helped us on the LV9500 achieve 100 % full 3D playback.

I am using a Samsung BD-D5500C 3D player and am able to watch 3D, the
PS3 or forced playback players are no longer needed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 1750 Old 08-29-2011, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post

It appears the LG Internet connection searches for it's own connection?
Should we be going into the FW and disabling the Wireless to prevent the FW updating? Of course, all the apps go with it!

.....what makes you say such a thing?
post #633 of 1750 Old 08-29-2011, 10:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoidbioV View Post

Go to MENU-SUPPORT-SOFTWARE UPDATE-turn it off

That's odd though because mine is telling me that I have the latest update. See above posts

Thanks for the tip, I missed that before
post #634 of 1750 Old 08-29-2011, 11:47 PM

You're all geniuses. I picked up the 3D glasses at Fry's tonight and went through the steps and all I can say is wow! My Panasonic DMP-BDT210 3D player connected through my Onkyo TX-NR809 receiver has no problems with 3D after enabling the options, doing the In-Stop and running the EDID D/L. The 3D performance of this TV far surpasses that of the Vizio XVT3d474SV I had for a few weeks. I may actually be a 3D believer now!

Now my only issues with this TV are:
* Lip sync (still tweaking)
* The bright spots around the edges when dimming is off or nearby zones are lit
* Specs of dust under the glass -- some large enough to obscure pixels at close distance.

All-in-all, a great value at $1499
post #635 of 1750 Old 08-30-2011, 03:11 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoidbioV View Post

Go to MENU-SUPPORT-SOFTWARE UPDATE-turn it off

That's odd though because mine is telling me that I have the latest update. See above posts

Then you probably have the latest production build for your locale. (Whereas, the Vegas boys are being offered the latest engineering builds, which you probably don't want.)

-nony
post #636 of 1750 Old 08-30-2011, 03:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

It appears the LG Internet connection searches for it's own connection?

This poses both a privacy and theft of service problem, if the set is configured out-of-the-box to go out and connect to your neighbor's (or any arbitrary) unsecured router without your knowledge or consent.

-nony
post #637 of 1750 Old 08-30-2011, 07:21 AM

I have been following the 3D trials/tribulations and joys and I want to thank all of you for "pioneering" this endeavor. Manipulating the service menus in a new $1,500.00 TV shows that you have more guts that I do! Your efforts are truly appreciated! I have my service remote in hand and the glasses should arrive in a day or two. Although it is not directly related to this thread, some of you may be more knowledgeable than myself regarding my cabling dilemma. When my house was being built, I ran 7.1 speaker cables and an HDMI cable inside the walls (the TV is above a fireplace). I spent too much time and effort to achieve a"clean" setup and do not want visible cables running up and down the walls. For the TV I used "Rapidshare" cables (mfg #: 40859 - 15' runner) terminated with HDMI "Flying Leads." As I installed this system in 2008, my best guess is that they are HDMI 1.1.
Last year I purchased a left-over and heavily discounted Denon 4310(HDMI 1.3) receiver because I was made to believe that the cables must be 1.4 in order to be 3D compliant and 2D was the best I could do. The people that answered the phone at "Rapidshare" just told me that the cables are not certified 1.4 compliant. I will be buying a 3D Blu-ray player shortly. Before I go out and also purchase a 1.4 receiver, I am trying to verify their answer regarding these cables as there have been conflicting posts(not in this thread). My question: Is anyone out there getting 3D using older HDMI cables in a pass through configuration from their receiver to the TV? If yes, are you giving anything up?
I love the 55lv9500 as my main TV (family room) for broadcast, streaming, and movies. That's what I bought it for. However, I do have a smaller room that is wired for 5.1 sound and I can use the 9500 to replace the Panasonic plasma that is there now. Fortunately, the TV is on a stand and the HDMI cable is not buried in a wall. One way or another, I will be enabling the 3D!!!!
post #638 of 1750 Old 08-30-2011, 09:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nony View Post

This poses both a privacy and theft of service problem, if the set is configured out-of-the-box to go out and connect to your neighbor's (or any arbitrary) unsecured router without your knowledge or consent.

-nony

This did not happen out-of the box, it happened after I did the wired up-date to 4.00.18 and disconnected the wired connection, I left on the update option. It is off now.
post #639 of 1750 Old 08-30-2011, 10:44 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm curious about the remote that comes with this. In the picture on HSN of the remote, it shows the 3d button. I note that some (maybe all?) in this thread have mentioned it comes with a different remote. Has anyone who received this set have the remote with the 3D button? Just curious.
post #640 of 1750 Old 08-30-2011, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedawg View Post

I'm curious about the remote that comes with this. In the picture on HSN of the remote, it shows the 3d button. I note that some (maybe all?) in this thread have mentioned it comes with a different remote. Has anyone who received this set have the remote with the 3D button? Just curious.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...php?p=20829651 #278

You can purchase the remote from www.NewRemoteControl.com
post #641 of 1750 Old 08-30-2011, 12:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KONICA TECH View Post

This did not happen out-of the box, it happened after I did the wired up-date to 4.00.18 and disconnected the wired connection, I left on the update option. It is off now.

Turning off updates has no bearing on your wifi connectivity. You really want to check your network status:

1. with wired connected
2. with wired disconnected

-nony
post #642 of 1750 Old 08-30-2011, 01:22 PM

Now that 3D seems to be figured out can you guys post a thread with the complete instructions so others can find the instructions in one spot instead of having to go back through the pages to figure it out.?

Also vidkid and others so have we found out that all LV9500 are 3D capable or just the Y models?
post #643 of 1750 Old 08-30-2011, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashxx View Post

Now that 3D seems to be figured out can you guys post a thread with the complete instructions so others can find the instructions in one spot instead of having to go back through the pages to figure it out.?

Also vidkid and others so have we found out that all LV9500 are 3D capable or just the Y models?

I don't think we need a new thread. arkasi55 posted most of the steps but left out the part about EDID D/L (not sure if it was known at the point of his post): http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...&postcount=473

I have a W panel and 3D works fine.
post #644 of 1750 Old 08-30-2011, 02:39 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbob View Post

I have been following the 3D trials/tribulations and joys and I want to thank all of you for "pioneering" this endeavor. Manipulating the service menus in a new $1,500.00 TV shows that you have more guts that I do! Your efforts are truly appreciated! I have my service remote in hand and the glasses should arrive in a day or two. Although it is not directly related to this thread, some of you may be more knowledgeable than myself regarding my cabling dilemma. When my house was being built, I ran 7.1 speaker cables and an HDMI cable inside the walls (the TV is above a fireplace). I spent too much time and effort to achieve a"clean" setup and do not want visible cables running up and down the walls. For the TV I used "Rapidshare" cables (mfg #: 40859 - 15' runner) terminated with HDMI "Flying Leads." As I installed this system in 2008, my best guess is that they are HDMI 1.1.
Last year I purchased a left-over and heavily discounted Denon 4310(HDMI 1.3) receiver because I was made to believe that the cables must be 1.4 in order to be 3D compliant and 2D was the best I could do. The people that answered the phone at "Rapidshare" just told me that the cables are not certified 1.4 compliant. I will be buying a 3D Blu-ray player shortly. Before I go out and also purchase a 1.4 receiver, I am trying to verify their answer regarding these cables as there have been conflicting posts(not in this thread). My question: Is anyone out there getting 3D using older HDMI cables in a pass through configuration from their receiver to the TV? If yes, are you giving anything up?
I love the 55lv9500 as my main TV (family room) for broadcast, streaming, and movies. That's what I bought it for. However, I do have a smaller room that is wired for 5.1 sound and I can use the 9500 to replace the Panasonic plasma that is there now. Fortunately, the TV is on a stand and the HDMI cable is not buried in a wall. One way or another, I will be enabling the 3D!!!!

You may want to ask them whether the cables are HDMI high speed. Cables themselves do not carry a certified version, it's the devices that have to meet that criteria based on the software functions they support. I used a 5 year old Belkin HDMI cable to do some of my testing as my cabling is also in wall, but my Marantz amp is HDMI 1.3. Worked no problems and after re-downloading the EDID data, the the BR player was able to correctly detect 3D capability in the TV using that cable.
post #645 of 1750 Old 08-30-2011, 02:47 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvolkman View Post

I don't think we need a new thread. arkasi55 posted most of the steps but left out the part about EDID D/L (not sure if it was known at the point of his post): http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...&postcount=473

I have a W panel and 3D works fine.

Updated to include the EDID download instructions Thanks for the reminder!
post #646 of 1750 Old 08-30-2011, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkasi55 View Post

Updated to include the EDID download instructions Thanks for the reminder!

Cool. Dianabol5mg, perhaps you could link to this post from the first post?
post #647 of 1750 Old 08-30-2011, 03:41 PM

Do we need the AUS model 3D glasses specifically or will the AG-250 3D glasses from Amazon work as well?
post #648 of 1750 Old 08-30-2011, 04:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Almost Sold Out
post #649 of 1750 Old 08-30-2011, 04:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 22
DONE!!!!!

I really hope everyone enjoys this TV. Mine will be picked up tomorrow. I do need a favor from some owners......I was screwing around with my little 32LD550 this morning when I got home from work. I put in Halloween just to check some cadence issues that this tv also has. The cadence issues are very similar to the LV9500 when Trumotion is engaged. Cadence is terrible when off and terribly smooth and artifact ridden when engaged. I started screwing around and I want someone to use these settings on a movie that has extensive pans and camera movement(not editing).
Engage Real Cinema and turn blur to 10 and judder to 0 and tell me what happens. I am now getting the proper judder during pans on my LD550. Please let me know if this works on LV9500...there should be no artifacting whatsoever, if its working. If you are an owner of this fine film please play the first ten minutes. And if your a novice cinematographer, you will learn what perfect panning is. Thanks all
post #650 of 1750 Old 08-30-2011, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:

Almost Sold Out

Again.......they just went back up today.
post #651 of 1750 Old 08-30-2011, 04:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondgirl0017 View Post

Do we need the AUS model 3D glasses specifically or will the AG-250 3D glasses from Amazon work as well?

All I know is the S250/AUS glasses work, I have not seen any other S250 glasses to try for you, what is the complete part number so we can check?
post #652 of 1750 Old 08-30-2011, 05:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nony View Post

Turning off updates has no bearing on your wifi connectivity. You really want to check your network status:

1. with wired connected
2. with wired disconnected

-nony

Thanks Nony, I will check that and post back.
post #653 of 1750 Old 08-30-2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkasi55 View Post

You may want to ask them whether the cables are HDMI high speed. Cables themselves do not carry a certified version, it's the devices that have to meet that criteria based on the software functions they support. I used a 5 year old Belkin HDMI cable to do some of my testing as my cabling is also in wall, but my Marantz amp is HDMI 1.3. Worked no problems and after re-downloading the EDID data, the the BR player was able to correctly detect 3D capability in the TV using that cable.

Thank you for your reply!!! It did occur to me that my 1.3 receiver might work. I browsed the AVS "Denon 4310" posts but didn't find anything. Only people that weren't interested in it because the receiver wasn't 1.4. There is nothing to lose - I'll give it a try!
post #654 of 1750 Old 08-30-2011, 05:57 PM

Well I guess I must be a complete idiot. I tried updating my Logitech Harmony One remote, and I can't even figure that piece out. I did the ir codes and everything, but everything seems the same. Oh well congrats to all of you that are alot more technical than me. It's good to hear that many of you, are enjoying the 3d on this TV. I still think the 2d picture is great on this set.

Anyhow a big Thanks to everyone for all the great information that is posted here, I know you spend alot of time to try and help everyone out, and I greatly appreciate it.
post #655 of 1750 Old 08-30-2011, 08:04 PM

it's the same model number with the letters AG instead of AUS. You can see them on Amazon. Konica do you know where I can order the AUS glasses?
post #656 of 1750 Old 08-30-2011, 09:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

it's the same model number with the letters AG instead of AUS. You can see them on Amazon. Konica do you know where I can order the AUS glasses?

Frys Electronics web page
post #657 of 1750 Old 08-30-2011, 09:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsoxbullbears View Post

Well I guess I must be a complete idiot. I tried updating my Logitech Harmony One remote, and I can't even figure that piece out. I did the ir codes and everything, but everything seems the same. Oh well congrats to all of you that are alot more technical than me. It's good to hear that many of you, are enjoying the 3d on this TV. I still think the 2d picture is great on this set.

Anyhow a big Thanks to everyone for all the great information that is posted here, I know you spend alot of time to try and help everyone out, and I greatly appreciate it.

The Logitech remotes are difficult for some to program, this is why I recommend the service remote.
post #658 of 1750 Old 08-30-2011, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by videkid View Post

Frys Electronics web page

They're even cheaper at overstock.com
post #659 of 1750 Old 08-30-2011, 10:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I got one pair at Best Buy and one at Fry's
Both pricematched the Amazon price I had.
Both are model AG-S250/AUS
Both bought in the store.
post #660 of 1750 Old 08-30-2011, 11:35 PM
Advanced Member

I took the chance and downloaded the software update # 04.01.29 and all is still well, 3D is working. I believe the blacks might even be a little darker but who know it might be in my head. The early software updates are usually important so I took the gamble and am still good
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg , 3d Hdtv , Displays , Lg 55lx9500 55 1080p 480hz 3d Led Lcd Hdtv , Sharp
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page