post #661 of 1750 Old 08-31-2011, 12:00 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by videkid View Post

I took the chance and downloaded the software update # 04.01.29 and all is still well, 3D is working. I believe the blacks might even be a little darker but who know it might be in my head. The early software updates are usually important so I took the gamble and am still good

Thanks for the heads-up on the software

Does anyone know what the updates do, does LG list them on the website?
I know they still could sneak something in to disable the 3D.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #662 of 1750 Old 08-31-2011, 12:33 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hmm. My set says there are no updates available.
post #663 of 1750 Old 08-31-2011, 01:54 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondgirl0017 View Post

Do we need the AUS model 3D glasses specifically or will the AG-250 3D glasses from Amazon work as well?

Not sure if this has been made clear, but the US spec glasses are AG-S250/AUS. The AUS seems to be a locale appendix as here in Australia the glasses are labelled as AG-S250/AL (which incidentally I can't get to work)

I have a set of the US spec glasses on the way, so hoping to be able to confirm this working soon
post #664 of 1750 Old 08-31-2011, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkasi55 View Post

.....so hoping to be able to confirm this working soon

Fingers crossed
post #665 of 1750 Old 08-31-2011, 04:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Reports are being received of noncommunication between the 3D televison and 3D glasses.

Most of the reports concern units on display in a retail store.
Often the fault is not with the unit or the glasses, but with the fact that the emitter is covered by the Sales sticker information that comes on the new unit.

The 3-D emitter is the part of the television that exchanges signal with the 3D glasses. The aluminum sticker, found on the left front of the cabinet, may cover the emitter area and block the signal to the glasses.

Before trying the 3D glasses, remove the sales information sticker from the left front of the cabinet (emitter area).Do not block the emitter with people or objects
post #666 of 1750 Old 08-31-2011, 04:15 AM

I have been following this thread for a while and curious to here what the banding and halo situation was on this panel. I used to own a LE8500 and exchanged it because of the glossy panel and the vertical banding but I was wondering if the set is improved atleast as far as the banding is concerned? Some have stated the banding is still present, like the LE/LX's.
post #667 of 1750 Old 08-31-2011, 06:41 AM

Did the price on these go up $100 buck last night? Thinking about getting one.

Also, I have read the thread and have only seen a couple of comments regarding input lag and nothing very definitive. I do quite a pit of FPS gaming and I'm comparing this to the Sony 929. Do you think there will be a significant difference between the two in terms of input lag?
post #668 of 1750 Old 08-31-2011, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkasi55 View Post

Not sure if this has been made clear, but the US spec glasses are AG-S250/AUS. The AUS seems to be a locale appendix as here in Australia the glasses are labelled as AG-S250/AL (which incidentally I can't get to work)

I have a set of the US spec glasses on the way, so hoping to be able to confirm this working soon

Just wanted to throw this out there just in case you might not have tried it. I couldn't get my glasses to sync at first then after more researching, I put my 3d content on and held down the button on glasses for 10 seconds and it synced right up. According to LG, the AL and AUS are the same exact glasses. The AL glasses will sync to the same tv's as the AUS and vice-versa.
post #669 of 1750 Old 08-31-2011, 09:15 AM

Does anyone that uses this set for broadcast TV or internet sources have trouble with audio sync? I have to set the A/V Sync to around -4 for the built-in speakers, and I have it maxed at -5 for the ARC back to my receiver (which still doesn't seem to be enough). There is a lot more room for adjustment on the positive side of the adjustment, but I seem to be in the negative side, which i guess means the audio is delayed instead of the video.
post #670 of 1750 Old 08-31-2011, 11:50 AM

AND TO CONFIRM #105-201m is the correct service remote to get?
post #671 of 1750 Old 08-31-2011, 12:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slothy View Post
AND TO CONFIRM #105-201m is the correct service remote to get?
Yep! Check my posting above (#640) as to where to get the remotes - Service and 3D.
post #672 of 1750 Old 08-31-2011, 04:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Sold out

Next: Almost Sold Out - Returns, refurbished or new stock?

Sold Out - Again - Could this be the last time? We don't know!
post #673 of 1750 Old 08-31-2011, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post

Sold out

Perhaps for real this time? I called HSN this morning to enquire about their exchange procedure in hopes of getting a unit without dust under the screen, and the lady said they were completely sold out (although at that time the website still had stock) and she didn't know if they'd be getting anymore. Looks like I'll be going the LG route instead.

There was a "When to watch" scheduled for Friday at 7PM which I noticed has been removed. There are still shows scheduled for next monday, so perhaps they plan to get more units.
post #674 of 1750 Old 08-31-2011, 06:35 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoidbioV View Post

Just wanted to throw this out there just in case you might not have tried it. I couldn't get my glasses to sync at first then after more researching, I put my 3d content on and held down the button on glasses for 10 seconds and it synced right up. According to LG, the AL and AUS are the same exact glasses. The AL glasses will sync to the same tv's as the AUS and vice-versa.

Yep, tried that MANY times
Occasionally i'll get some fluttering on the lenses, but eventually it just switches off.
I guess we'll see if there is a difference when the AUS glasses arrive. There surely has to be some difference, otherwise why distinguish?

if they don't, well I guess i'll havea couple of glasses to sell cheap
post #675 of 1750 Old 08-31-2011, 06:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 33
can you get a harmony 650 to acess the service menu? How?
post #676 of 1750 Old 08-31-2011, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvolkman View Post

Does anyone that uses this set for broadcast TV or internet sources have trouble with audio sync? I have to set the A/V Sync to around -4 for the built-in speakers, and I have it maxed at -5 for the ARC back to my receiver (which still doesn't seem to be enough). There is a lot more room for adjustment on the positive side of the adjustment, but I seem to be in the negative side, which i guess means the audio is delayed instead of the video.

I use this panel for cable box, Netflix (wireless router), and Blu-ray - the audio for Netflix is through the 9500's speakers and built-in Wifi, the cable box is through the 9500's speakers but is an HDMI pass-through via the receiver with the receiver powered down, and the Blu-ray audio is through the surround speakers via receiver with the HDMI audio disabled to the 9500. I do not use the ARC. I have not experienced any sync issues with the audio from any of these sources. The A/V Sync. on my 9500 is set to "on" but at a value of "0." Regarding the ARC, did you check the A/V sync settings in your receiver?
post #677 of 1750 Old 08-31-2011, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbob View Post

I use this panel for cable box, Netflix (wireless router), and Blu-ray - the audio for Netflix is through the 9500's speakers and built-in Wifi, the cable box is through the 9500's speakers but is an HDMI pass-through via the receiver with the receiver powered down, and the Blu-ray audio is through the surround speakers via receiver with the HDMI audio disabled to the 9500. I do not use the ARC. I have not experienced any sync issues with the audio from any of these sources. The A/V Sync. on my 9500 is set to "on" but at a value of "0." Regarding the ARC, did you check the A/V sync settings in your receiver?

After some more testing tonight I realized that internet sources don't seem to have any A/V sync issues. It's just the over-the-air digital signal that has issues. Since it seems like the audio is the delayed part, there's not much the receiver's sync adjustment can do.

Unrelated: If any iphone/ipod touch owners haven't yet tried the LG remote app, try it out. It's pretty nifty.
post #678 of 1750 Old 08-31-2011, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6athome View Post

Did you try the steps at http://openlgtv.org.ru/wiki/index.ph..._menus_/_modes ?
post #679 of 1750 Old 08-31-2011, 11:16 PM
Advanced Member

A cool sight for lucky new 3D TV owners, the 3D movie prices are great.

http://3dsightandsound.com/3dstore.html
post #680 of 1750 Old 08-31-2011, 11:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6athome View Post

It is a pain, I had to save each command to 3 different devices, it only let me save one new button per device. Service remote is better option.
post #681 of 1750 Old 09-01-2011, 08:54 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by KONICA TECH View Post

I saw that but how? My router is not connected and I never did the wireless setup
Can anyone explain this?
Maybe I explained this wrong, I just want to know how my set knows there is an update available if it is not connected to the internet? I do not have wireless in my home.

Someone needs to confirm if this security vulnerability exists in the 4.00.18 code ASAP.

-nony
post #682 of 1750 Old 09-01-2011, 08:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KONICA TECH View Post

This did not happen out-of the box, it happened after I did the wired up-date to 4.00.18 and disconnected the wired connection, I left on the update option. It is off now.

This is a major vulnerability if it affects all users, (and is not limited to those who tampered with their own settings) - as I mentioned here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...&postcount=636

-nony
post #683 of 1750 Old 09-01-2011, 09:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Reports are being received of noncommunication between the 3D televison and 3D glasses.

Most of the reports concern units on display in a retail store.
Often the fault is not with the unit or the glasses, but with the fact that the emitter is covered by the Sales sticker information that comes on the new unit.

The 3-D emitter is the part of the television that exchanges signal with the 3D glasses. The aluminum sticker, found on the left front of the cabinet, may cover the emitter area and block the signal to the glasses.

Before trying the 3D glasses, remove the sales information sticker from the left front of the cabinet (emitter area).Do not block the emitter with people or objects

Please cite your sources.

-nony
post #684 of 1750 Old 09-01-2011, 10:18 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Back in stock at HSN (for however briefly). I finally decided to get one now that the 3D thing seems figured out. BTW, the price of $1599 is the price it has been for a long while, it was only $1499 the first week/weekend that it was for sale. FYI.
post #685 of 1750 Old 09-01-2011, 12:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nony View Post

Please cite your sources.

-nony

Why, LG of course!
post #686 of 1750 Old 09-01-2011, 02:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedawg View Post

Back in stock at HSN (for however briefly). I finally decided to get one now that the 3D thing seems figured out. BTW, the price of $1599 is the price it has been for a long while, it was only $1499 the first week/weekend that it was for sale. FYI.

You will love your TV, finally a set that does not have a major issue that ruins a great idea. I would order the service remote and 3D glasses now so you are all ready to go.
post #687 of 1750 Old 09-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Advanced Member

Take pity
I have reviewed this thread but am still confused. Can a non tech savvy person activate the 3d? It seems if I get the different remote it has a 3D button. Is that all I need, or do I have to go into service menu etc. If so is that relatively easy.
I probably have read how to do but a summary would be so appreciated
Thanks in advance
Michael

michael
post #688 of 1750 Old 09-01-2011, 06:55 PM

Well, placed my order. Expected delivery of 9/22. Wish me luck!!! When I placed my order, there were 10 remaining and I just checked again and there are now only 4 remaining.
post #689 of 1750 Old 09-01-2011, 07:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Why, LG of course!

Since you tend to make things up from time to time, and never think twice about passing on questionable information, you really need to provide references for your claims.

Current shills for LG TVs: p5browne, Konica Tech, and videkid. (on this board)

To be clear on terminology, I am using the more colloquial definition of shill - http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/shill (definition 2)

or from wikopedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shill (paragraph 3)

So don't feel so insulted if behaviorlly, you appear to be shilling.

-nony
post #690 of 1750 Old 09-01-2011, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael goldman View Post

Take pity
I have reviewed this thread but am still confused. Can a non tech savvy person activate the 3d? It seems if I get the different remote it has a 3D button. Is that all I need, or do I have to go into service menu etc. If so is that relatively easy.
I probably have read how to do but a summary would be so appreciated
Thanks in advance
Michael

You need the service remote or a remote that can learn pronto codes (a harmony will do). Look at the first post in this thread for a link to a pretty straight forward guide. Enabling 3D will require you to change some configuration in the service menu and to a factory reset of the device, but neither of those operations are very complicated. If you can navigate menu systems, you can enable 3D.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg , 3d Hdtv , Displays , Lg 55lx9500 55 1080p 480hz 3d Led Lcd Hdtv , Sharp
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page