Forum Jump: 

post #721 of 1747 Old 09-02-2011, 09:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjames1700 View Post

Just checked my status again and it said it shipped out today, however I still haven't received a confirmation email or notification of it shipping. Oh well, I guess I should just be happy it did ship.

I had to call HSN customer service to get what they called a reference # which is a AIT tracking #. My order took two days to ship from the order date. These TV's are coming from HSN warehouse in Miami (Doral) FL. HSN, LG Marketing USA and AIT are all within a mile of each other. Once you get your tracking # look up AIT Worlwide Logistics and track it. I'm expecting mine next week. You can also set up a delivery date via email on their website instead of by phone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 1747 Old 09-02-2011, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meguerra View Post

I had to call HSN customer service to get what they called a reference # which is a AIT tracking #. My order took two days to ship from the order date. These TV's are coming from HSN warehouse in Miami (Doral) FL. HSN, LG Marketing USA and AIT are all within a mile of each other. Once you get your tracking # look up AIT Worlwide Logistics and track it. I'm expecting mine next week. You can also set up a delivery date via email on their website instead of by phone.

If you call and ask nicely, AIT might let you pick the unit up at their warehouse instead of waiting another few days to schedule a home delivery.
post #723 of 1747 Old 09-02-2011, 10:21 PM

The closes AIT location near me (Temecula Ca.) is 60 miles away. S

AIT Worldwide Logistics
5960 Pacific Mesa Court
Suite 302
San Diego, CA, 92121

I can wait and I will do a pretty good inspection before the delivery person leaves. Oh and also I will be helping him unload it and bringing it to my door for sure.
post #724 of 1747 Old 09-02-2011, 10:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meguerra View Post

The closes AIT location near me (Temecula Ca.) is 60 miles away. S

AIT Worldwide Logistics
5960 Pacific Mesa Court
Suite 302
San Diego, CA, 92121

I can wait and I will do a pretty good inspection before the delivery person leaves. Oh and also I will be helping him unload it and bringing it to my door for sure.

I checked mine very good. Let us know your first impressions and congratulations. I am going to post my settings soon and hope others do. I do not know what Super Resolution is but decided I wanted it on.
post #725 of 1747 Old 09-03-2011, 08:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post

Check my postings #278 and #640

p5browne
First thank you for the time u have spent helping people on this thread.
If I understand what remote I need it is the AKB72914043, the one with the 3D button in the middle, not the ratio??
Michael

michael
post #726 of 1747 Old 09-03-2011, 09:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael goldman View Post

p5browne
First thank you for the time u have spent helping people on this thread.
If I understand what remote I need it is the AKB72914043, the one with the 3D button in the middle, not the ratio??
Michael

The remote with the 3D is cool to have but not needed. It is only good for going from 2D to 3D faster. If you are playing a movie in 3D the set goes into 3D without needing a button. You can go into the 3D menu to activate
2D to 3D through the menu without the button.

If buying the remote makes you feel a little more like your set is 100% 3D from the factory thats cool.
post #727 of 1747 Old 09-03-2011, 12:10 PM

Yay, mine says it is shipped . Anyone know how long this AIT company takes to ship? When I ordered it suggested it wasn't going to be here until late September
post #728 of 1747 Old 09-03-2011, 12:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkletont View Post

Yay, mine says it is shipped . Anyone know how long this AIT company takes to ship? When I ordered it suggested it wasn't going to be here until late September

Mine arrived a week before the estimated date.
post #729 of 1747 Old 09-03-2011, 01:14 PM

Quote:

It depends on how far you are from Miami which is where I believe they ship from. Mine made it to the Seattle, WA warehouse in 8-9 days including one weekend. It would have taken another 2-3 days for local delivery but I chose to pick it up myself.

Miami to Seattle is about the worst possible scenario for ground shipping -- at least distance-wise.
post #730 of 1747 Old 09-03-2011, 01:17 PM

Mine shipped from Florida on 8/31 and it has arrived at the local warehouse today. I live in Connecticut. The HSN estimate was I would get it on 9/20.

I would also like to thank everyone that has responded to my questions and for providing such excellent info.
post #731 of 1747 Old 09-03-2011, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frecupido View Post

Mine shipped from Florida on 6/31 and it has arrived at the local warehouse today. I live in Connecticut. The HSN estimate was I would get it on 9/20.

I would also like to thank everyone that has responded to my questions and for providing such excellent info.

I Hope you mean 8/31? HSN likes to estimate the maximum possible time for these shipments, which is pretty useless.

Also, make sure to report back with your build date and panel type!
post #732 of 1747 Old 09-03-2011, 02:01 PM

yes, 8/31
post #733 of 1747 Old 09-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by videkid View Post

The remote with the 3D is cool to have but not needed. It is only good for going from 2D to 3D faster. If you are playing a movie in 3D the set goes into 3D without needing a button. You can go into the 3D menu to activate
2D to 3D through the menu without the button.

If buying the remote makes you feel a little more like your set is 100% 3D from the factory thats cool.

Thanks for the response. So that remote is only different in the ease of accessing 3D
In that case then what is the Service Remote" that is referenced in the link in the first post
Thanks
Michael

michael
post #734 of 1747 Old 09-03-2011, 02:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael goldman View Post

Thanks for the response. So that remote is only different in the ease of accessing 3D
In that case then what is the Service Remote" that is referenced in the link in the first post
Thanks
Michael

The service remote allows you to change settings in the service menu to activate the 3D, and also THX modes.
Check p5browne's post 640
post #735 of 1747 Old 09-03-2011, 03:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KONICA TECH View Post

The service remote allows you to change settings in the service menu to activate the 3D, and also THX modes.

Does anyone know where to get the service remote and what is that remote's model #
Sorry to be a pain
The 640 post list the #D remote but a previous poster said that is simply the #D remote
Sorry, but I am confused
Again thanks in advance for helping
Michael
Maybe I am just suffering from over 60 technologypenia

michael
post #736 of 1747 Old 09-03-2011, 03:44 PM

model LG 105-201M do a google search for it.
post #737 of 1747 Old 09-03-2011, 04:15 PM
Advanced Member

post #738 of 1747 Old 09-03-2011, 05:10 PM

Liked: 11
If anyone has the remote with the 3D button and has the ability to "learn" the IR HEX code, i'd really appreciate it if someone could send it to me.
post #739 of 1747 Old 09-03-2011, 05:39 PM
Advanced Member

Thank u both

michael
post #740 of 1747 Old 09-03-2011, 07:59 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkasi55 View Post
If anyone has the remote with the 3D button and has the ability to "learn" the IR HEX code, i'd really appreciate it if someone could send it to me.
The IR hex code is in the owner's guide - 0xDC

-nony
post #741 of 1747 Old 09-03-2011, 08:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I saw that but how? My router is not connected and I never did the wireless setup
Can anyone explain this?
Maybe I explained this wrong, I just want to know how my set knows there is an update available if it is not connected to the internet? I do not have wireless in my home.
Someone really needs to step up to the plate on this. It looks like Konica noticed a significant security vulnerability.

If true, as reported, under certain conditions, the 55LV9500 will connect over a wi-fi network, without any user configuration, and without the knowledge/consent of the user. This opens up owners to war driving attacks, man in the middle attacks, and identity theft exploits as any and all data may be transmiitted in the clear and can be intercepted by bad guys. (a few exceptions exist if you are using cryptographic protocols like TLS/SSL)

If this is true, we can report this back to LG, and they will expedite a fix.
We can also come up with an interim workaround.

This needs to be tested by a few responsible users and is probably the most important thing you can do now with your new set. (way more important than enabling 3d)

-nony
post #742 of 1747 Old 09-03-2011, 11:44 PM
Advanced Member

These are my settings using the "HDTV Calibration Wizard" DVD by Monster.

Aspect Ratio: Just Scan
Energy Savings: Off

Expert 1

Backlight: 35 (originaly I had at 40 and lowered to 35)
Contrast: 85
Brightness: 55 started at 60 revised to 55, 50 will crush blacks
Horiz Sharp: 50
Vertical Sharp: 50
Color: 55 (seems to balance out with the 55 brightness)
True Motion: User at 3 and 2
LED Local Dimming: Medium

Expert Settings

Dynamic Contrast: Off
Noise Reduction: Off
MPEG Noise Reduction: Off
Super Resolution: On (Do not know what is does but sound cool)
Black Level: Low
Real Cinema: Off
Color Gamut: BT708
Color Temp: Warm
Edge Enhancer: Off

All other items left at factory settings. These settings look best on my set, may not work out for everyone. I struggled with the brightness at 60 and revised to 55, however when using the Bluray the black shirt is lost at lower settings and at 50 detail is gone and the black shirt is crushed blending with the sports coat. I countered this with Med LED Local Dimming setting, seemed to balance out nice. The color at 55, may be a little high on some sources, looks great with most HDTV sources and Blueray.
LL
post #743 of 1747 Old 09-04-2011, 05:08 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by nony View Post

Someone really needs to step up to the plate on this. It looks like Konica noticed a significant security vulnerability.

If true, as reported, under certain conditions, the 55LV9500 will connect over a wi-fi network, without any user configuration, and without the knowledge/consent of the user. This opens up owners to war driving attacks, man in the middle attacks, and identity theft exploits as any and all data may be transmiitted in the clear and can be intercepted by bad guys. (a few exceptions exist if you are using cryptographic protocols like TLS/SSL)

This needs to be tested by a few responsible users and is probably the most important thing you can do now with your new set. (way more important than enabling 3d)

-nony

I've not been able to see/replicate this.
It's far more likely that the user had an unsecured network or was a fallback from a previous update. Users in the 5500/6500 threads reported instances of the TV reporting a new firmware being available, however when they attemped to update, there was none.

It would be very difficult for a device to hack it's way onto a wifi network and obtain internet access. The TV itself does not operate in an ad-hoc mode and even if it did, it would not have access to update data unless it was connected to an internet connection.
post #744 of 1747 Old 09-04-2011, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nony View Post

-nony

This seems impossible. How, or why would a television "seek" out a wifi connection and then crack the encryption code and get connected to notify the user of an available update?

Answer: It won't happen.
post #745 of 1747 Old 09-04-2011, 08:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkasi55 View Post

I've not been able to see/replicate this.
It's far more likely that the user had an unsecured network or was a fallback from a previous update. Users in the 5500/6500 threads reported instances of the TV reporting a new firmware being available, however when they attemped to update, there was none.

It would be very difficult for a device to hack it's way onto a wifi network and obtain internet access. The TV itself does not operate in an ad-hoc mode and even if it did, it would not have access to update data unless it was connected to an internet connection.

If the target router/access point has no cryptographic transport security applied - either a) intentionally, in the case of a public hotspot, and/or a rogue router set up by a bad guy, or b) unintentionally in the very common case of a misconfigured consumer router, the TV client would only have to connect in infastructure mode, and no device hacking would be necessary. This is what Konica appears to have reported. Here's a simple test scenario -

1. Identify or set up a wireless router/access point that allows your pc/mac/linux client to connect. (open router with WEP, WPA, and WPA2 disabled)

2. Disconnect the ethernet drop cable from your TV.

3. Recycle power on your TV and inspect your network settings (Home==>Setup==>Network).

If the Network Status item shows Connected to Internet, you must be connected wirelessly. Check the LG Apps pane (rightmost pane under Home) whch may show - Initializing. It shouldn't be populated if a network connection is not established.

3. Recycle power on your TV and then go into Home==>Setup==>Option and select Intitial Setting and then reinspect for wireless network connectivity.

If you detect a network connection (after completing step2 or step3), you can click on Network Status to get details on your unwanted wireless connection.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_security
http://biometricnews.typepad.com/bio...ardriving.html

-nony
post #746 of 1747 Old 09-04-2011, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Konica first attached to his router, that has no wireless capability, with a NIC cable. He then updated his FW. Now, his TV is setup to recognize his router, and can only access it again if he re-attaches the cable. The only possibility I can think of, when he setup his direct connect, there was an unsecured wireless router in his neighbourhood that somehow also attached itself that he hadn't noticed. As Nony mentioned, you just have to go in and check whether that possibilty happened, and he's still attached to the unsecured router. If this is the case, everyone must double check that this hasn't happened to them as well. Also, do a sweep with a Laptop for whatever Wireless Systems are in the area before doing the Network hookups! Fortunately, every router in my neighbourhood is secured. (Checked with my laptop for all detectable wireless routers.) Also, there are no detectable Public Wireless Systems within range either.
post #747 of 1747 Old 09-04-2011, 09:19 AM

Quote:

Is that for activating 3d THX mode or just THX mode in general? Thx

I don't understand if this TV is capable of doing 3d why don't they just activate it from the beginning?
post #748 of 1747 Old 09-04-2011, 09:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Is that for activating 3d THX mode or just THX mode in general? Thx

I don't understand if this TV is capable of doing 3d why don't they just activate it from the beginning?

Both, THX for regular and 3D settings. LG is not selling active 3D sets this year, this is an active 3D set.
post #749 of 1747 Old 09-04-2011, 10:12 AM

I think Nony wins the award for the most paranoid person I have ever met. The "bad guys" (lol) are out to get us. Bro, calm down, take a hit from this bong, and stop demanding stuff from people. I have read this entire thread and as helpful and knowledgeable as you are, you also seem miserable and demanding. If you are married, please ask the ole' lady for a piece to calm your nerves, if you aren't you should hop the next plane to Las Vegas and contribute to some nice young lady's college fund. oh yeah, since this thread is about TV's, here is my contribution. This TV is awesome..... Carry on.
post #750 of 1747 Old 09-04-2011, 10:23 AM

I got in on the original deal for 6 Easy Pays. My model number is: 55LV9500-UA.AUSYLHR. While I am happy with the purchase and price point, I have to say that I am not with the out-of-the-box picture quality. Even after tweaking, I consider it to be just equal with my Sammy LN46A650. I have Comcast's highest-tiered HD package. The HD channels lose audio and sometimes they don't come back. I have tried 3 different hdmi cables and the video has not improved. When my son plays 'Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood' on this set, I have noticed that when the character is running, the imagery on the bottom 25% of the screen is blurring. I have not formatted my Harmony 880 to access the 3D yet as I am still trying to determine whether this unit is defective. I am sure that others have had issues such as this. My wife actually agreed to pay for 50% of this set, so I am remiss to send it back (as she might not be so generous next time!). I am not too tech savvy, but would appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction for the blurring, HD sound loss, and the jerking motion of the character as he goes across the screen.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg , 3d Hdtv , Displays , Lg 55lx9500 55 1080p 480hz 3d Led Lcd Hdtv , Sharp
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page