NANO LG LV9500 Official Owner's thread - Page 31 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #901 of 1747 Old 09-11-2011, 05:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone know what the "IR Blaster" feature under Options does?
Mine is set to Off and is greyed out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 1747 Old 09-11-2011, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKTS View Post

Usually is an external IR device designed to transmit IR remote codes to another device. Such as a slingbox that comes with the hardware that you place in front of your cable box to allow the slingbox to control it.

For this tv perhaps once the DVR feature is enabled, there is a way to control a cable box. There would need to be a jack on the tv to connect the cable from the IR device. Of course the tv is not supplied with the device.
post #903 of 1747 Old 09-11-2011, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKTS View Post

I'm guessing it's a remnant from other devices that used similar firmware since there's no IR blaster port on the tv (unless the headphone port serves a dual purpose).
post #904 of 1747 Old 09-11-2011, 11:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianabol5mg View Post

Are there separate controls for judder and blur on the LHX?

Yes there is low, high, user. they are in the user control.
post #905 of 1747 Old 09-11-2011, 12:32 PM

Hey folks,

I'm really hoping you guys can help with this. I bought my unit when it was on HSN on 7/31, and finally had to time assemble the new entertainment center to house it in, etc., last weekend. The picture is great, the sound is great, and it can connect to my wireless router okay, but the problem is that when I power off the unit and power it back on, it doesn't remember the wireless connection settings, and I have to reconnect it to the wireless router again.

I called LG support, and they sent me a link to upgrade the TV's firmware to 4.0.0.22 (from 4.0.0.18), but that didn't help anything.

My wireless router is a Netgear WNDR37av (model 1). Every other device I have works with it fine (2 laptops, 2 netbooks, 1 Tivo, ps3, Wii, Samsung blu-ray, 2 android phones -- not all of this is even turned on, much less hitting the network at the same time -- usually it's just one laptop and maybe an android phone), so I don't think the wireless router is messed up. I rebooted it, but it didn't make any difference.

I've got a 64-bit hex number for the WPA-2 password (which the LG TV doesn't give an option to use), instead of the 8-63 character passphrase the TV has an option for. I've tried changing the router's password to "abcd1234" (lowercase, w/o the quotes) but when I input that into the TV, it didn't connect to the wireless router. It just gives a generic "connection failed" message without any sort of error #.

If I push the sync-up-to-device button on the router while I push the get-in-sync-with-router-button (sorry, I can't access that screen now without it flushing the router settings on the TV) on the TV screen, they will negotiate and connect up in about 15-20 seconds, and then it will work fine. Netflix works great on the TV. However, if I turn the TV off and back on, when the TV comes back on, the Home/Setup screen says "Initializing ..." over where the network apps are on the right, and it's not connected to the router. I thought it might be something to do with just having to wait for it, but after 30+ minutes it doesn't reconnect itself.

The LG guy is coming out Tuesday afternoon sometime between 1-5 pm, but if you folks can help me get this going, I'd rather fix it myself and not have to skip 1/2 day of work.

I don't have a diagnostic remote or whatever I was reading about in the 3d discussions here, just have what came in the box. I haven't done any customizing on the TV other than blocking some channels I don't ever watch.

Thanks!
post #906 of 1747 Old 09-11-2011, 01:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by KONICA TECH View Post

Now let me get this straight, you're saying this has a user control setting for blur 0-10 and judder 0-10. Because this has been the thing holding me back from buying this.
post #907 of 1747 Old 09-11-2011, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmilltilter View Post

Hey folks,

I'm really hoping you guys can help with this. I bought my unit when it was on HSN on 7/31, and finally had to time assemble the new entertainment center to house it in, etc., last weekend. The picture is great, the sound is great, and it can connect to my wireless router okay, but the problem is that when I power off the unit and power it back on, it doesn't remember the wireless connection settings, and I have to reconnect it to the wireless router again.

I called LG support, and they sent me a link to upgrade the TV's firmware to 4.0.0.22 (from 4.0.0.18), but that didn't help anything.

My wireless router is a Netgear WNDR37av (model 1). Every other device I have works with it fine (2 laptops, 2 netbooks, 1 Tivo, ps3, Wii, Samsung blu-ray, 2 android phones -- not all of this is even turned on, much less hitting the network at the same time -- usually it's just one laptop and maybe an android phone), so I don't think the wireless router is messed up. I rebooted it, but it didn't make any difference.

I've got a 64-bit hex number for the WPA-2 password (which the LG TV doesn't give an option to use), instead of the 8-63 character passphrase the TV has an option for. I've tried changing the router's password to "abcd1234" (lowercase, w/o the quotes) but when I input that into the TV, it didn't connect to the wireless router. It just gives a generic "connection failed" message without any sort of error #.

If I push the sync-up-to-device button on the router while I push the get-in-sync-with-router-button (sorry, I can't access that screen now without it flushing the router settings on the TV) on the TV screen, they will negotiate and connect up in about 15-20 seconds, and then it will work fine. Netflix works great on the TV. However, if I turn the TV off and back on, when the TV comes back on, the Home/Setup screen says "Initializing ..." over where the network apps are on the right, and it's not connected to the router. I thought it might be something to do with just having to wait for it, but after 30+ minutes it doesn't reconnect itself.

The LG guy is coming out Tuesday afternoon sometime between 1-5 pm, but if you folks can help me get this going, I'd rather fix it myself and not have to skip 1/2 day of work.

I don't have a diagnostic remote or whatever I was reading about in the 3d discussions here, just have what came in the box. I haven't done any customizing on the TV other than blocking some channels I don't ever watch.

Thanks!

Have you updated your router's firmware lately? I found the following which mentions fixing issues with devices not getting IP addresses: http://support.netgear.com/app/answe...rsion-1.0.7.98

Alternatively, you could try manually setting an IP address on the TV and see if that works.

Also, when you say you have a 64-bit hexadecimal key, do you mean you have a 64-character hexadecimal key? A 64-bit (or 16 character) hexadecimal key would just be treated as a 8-63 character passphrase by WPA.
post #908 of 1747 Old 09-11-2011, 03:38 PM

Sorry, I meant to say 64 hex digit, instead of 64-bit.

Okay, I'll try upgrading that router firmware and see what happens. I'm always hesitant to to that, since all my other devices are working great with it.
post #909 of 1747 Old 09-11-2011, 03:42 PM

Quote:

Sorry, I meant to say 64 hex digit, instead of 64-bit.

Okay, I'll try upgrading that router firmware and see what happens. I'm always hesitant to to that, since all my other devices are working great with it.

You shouldn't need to input your keys in their 64-digit forms. If you use a passphrase, a 256-bit key is generated for you based on a combination of your SSID and phrase. Much easier to type.
post #910 of 1747 Old 09-11-2011, 04:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:

Yes you can adjust the judder from 0-10
and the blur 0 - 10
post #911 of 1747 Old 09-11-2011, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:

Yes you can adjust the judder from 0-10
and the blur 0 - 10

Thank you very much
post #912 of 1747 Old 09-11-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvolkman View Post

Have you updated your router's firmware lately? I found the following which mentions fixing issues with devices not getting IP addresses:

Alternatively, you could try manually setting an IP address on the TV and see if that works.

Also, when you say you have a 64-bit hexadecimal key, do you mean you have a 64-character hexadecimal key? A 64-bit (or 16 character) hexadecimal key would just be treated as a 8-63 character passphrase by WPA.

Okay, I successfully upgraded the wireless router firmware to the 1.0.7.98 version. The other devices in the house seem to like it.

The LG tv was ON when I upgraded the wireless router firmware, and it was successfully connected to the internet. I turned the tv power off, and then waited about a minute, and turned the tv power back on, and the tv didn't reconnect to the router automatically. I waited about 2 minutes to see if it would happen, but it didn't. I does give some sort of error message in the Network Status test screen) about:
! Failed to connect to network. Gateway is not connected.
Gateway address is wrong or unavailable.
IP Address : 0.0.0.0

On the TV, I selected the wireless network SSID from my router, and noted the TV device PIN number (which doesn't seem to ever change), and input that into my router webpage, and then pressed the Connect button on the tv screen, and after about 30 seconds of thinking, it connected to the internet fine.

So I let the TV be on for about two more minutes, and then turned it off again, and waited about 30 seconds, and turned it back on again, but it still fails to connect up to the router. It has the same Gateway error message (as above) on the Network Status screen.

I have a samsung blu-ray/Netflix player in my bedroom that I had to setup to the router using the "easy" buttons on both (without having to manually type in the passphrase or hex #'s), and it always remembers how to connect back up to the router when I turn on Netflix on it.

I also set up a Guest router SSID, with a simple 18-character passphrase, using WPA2-PSK (AES). The TV can see that SSID, but when I type in the password for it, the TV givest a "Connecting has failed." message without an actual error code or anything. I tried this twice, and was sure each time I typed in the password properly, but got the same bad result.

Maybe the LG can't handle WPA2-PSK (AES) ???

Thanks for any and all help.
post #913 of 1747 Old 09-11-2011, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Okay, I successfully upgraded the wireless router firmware to the 1.0.7.98 version. The other devices in the house seem to like it.

The LG tv was ON when I upgraded the wireless router firmware, and it was successfully connected to the internet. I turned the tv power off, and then waited about a minute, and turned the tv power back on, and the tv didn't reconnect to the router automatically. I waited about 2 minutes to see if it would happen, but it didn't. I does give some sort of error message in the Network Status test screen) about:
! Failed to connect to network. Gateway is not connected.
Gateway address is wrong or unavailable.
IP Address : 0.0.0.0

On the TV, I selected the wireless network SSID from my router, and noted the TV device PIN number (which doesn't seem to ever change), and input that into my router webpage, and then pressed the Connect button on the tv screen, and after about 30 seconds of thinking, it connected to the internet fine.

So I let the TV be on for about two more minutes, and then turned it off again, and waited about 30 seconds, and turned it back on again, but it still fails to connect up to the router. It has the same Gateway error message (as above) on the Network Status screen.

I have a samsung blu-ray/Netflix player in my bedroom that I had to setup to the router using the "easy" buttons on both (without having to manually type in the passphrase or hex #'s), and it always remembers how to connect back up to the router when I turn on Netflix on it.

I also set up a Guest router SSID, with a simple 18-character passphrase, using WPA2-PSK (AES). The TV can see that SSID, but when I type in the password for it, the TV givest a "Connecting has failed." message without an actual error code or anything. I tried this twice, and was sure each time I typed in the password properly, but got the same bad result.

Maybe the LG can't handle WPA2-PSK (AES) ???

Thanks for any and all help.
Have you tried using TKIP instead of AES? I'll try to see if mine connects when I switch to AES, but I've always used TKIP.
post #914 of 1747 Old 09-11-2011, 10:40 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Have you tried using TKIP instead of AES? I'll try to see if mine connects when I switch to AES, but I've always used TKIP.
LG released a broken, wlan client with potential security issues in the 4.0.18 build (maybe other builds as well). This should be clear by now.

1. Issue 1 - problem connecting with certain routers in certain modes (not uncommon across chipset manufacturers)

2. Issue 2 - autoconnecting with open routers in the background without any user notification - triggered immediately upon disconnecting your ethernet cable (totally unacceptable; it needs to reported) --->This should never happen under any circumstances.

You should be able to run NetworkManager in trace mode and observe your console messages.

-nony
post #915 of 1747 Old 09-12-2011, 07:18 AM

Wow, I've had the LG TV since Wednesday. Every thing is great except the amount of reflection. I have the 55LV-9500-UA-AUS WLHR. Built August 2011. I love it and want to thank this forum in helping me select it. Thank You.
post #916 of 1747 Old 09-12-2011, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sample View Post

Called hsn today....no offer of a partial refund. They said they were out of stock and can now only offer a full refund and no exchanges. Any one have any experience with design with LG directly to service the panel? I would really like to keep it if the flash lighting could be fixed.

Thanks again.

Sam

That sucks. I guess I got lucky and spoke to the right people at the right time. Hope it works out for you.
post #917 of 1747 Old 09-12-2011, 12:54 PM

My set is finally going to be delivered on Wednesday. Got the call today. It was delayed a few days, some kind of shipping issue. Hopefully it will arrive intact with no screen issues and that it works fine.
post #918 of 1747 Old 09-12-2011, 01:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meguerra View Post

That sucks. I guess I got lucky and spoke to the right people at the right time. Hope it works out for you.

I think we are seeing the begining of the end of the LV9500.
post #919 of 1747 Old 09-12-2011, 01:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sample View Post

Called hsn today....no offer of a partial refund. They said they were out of stock and can now only offer a full refund and no exchanges. Any one have any experience with design with LG directly to service the panel? I would really like to keep it if the flash lighting could be fixed.

Thanks again.

Sam

Did you make sure your backlight is set up in the service menu properly or have a tech look at it?
post #920 of 1747 Old 09-12-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by videkid View Post

I think we are seeing the begining of the end of the LV9500.

Maybe LG will fulfill warranty replacements with LW9800's.
post #921 of 1747 Old 09-12-2011, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nony View Post

LG released a broken, wlan client with potential security issues in the 4.0.18 build (maybe other builds as well). This should be clear by now.

1. Issue 1 - problem connecting with certain routers in certain modes (not uncommon across chipset manufacturers)

2. Issue 2 - autoconnecting with open routers in the background without any user notification - triggered immediately upon disconnecting your ethernet cable (totally unacceptable; it needs to reported) --->This should never happen under any circumstances.

You should be able to run NetworkManager in trace mode and observe your console messages.

-nony

Okay, I tried creating a network guest SSID with WPA-PSK (TKIP) and that works. The TV remembers it after it's powered back on; it takes about 45 seconds after boot up for it to connect.

You guys are great. I'll cancel my service call that was scheduled for tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks!
post #922 of 1747 Old 09-12-2011, 05:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Maybe LG will fulfill warranty replacements with LW9800's.

By law, LG must be able to maintain ample replacement parts and complete sets - for at least a year from the introduction of a new model. They can and will make good, provided you are working with a trustworthy service center and a competent technician.

But they do continue to play it fast and loose.

I hope nobody is disappointed if they find that the LW9800 is a step down from the LW9500/LV9500. And I am willing to continue to assist the folks from Oz in enabling 3D, so that they can conduct their own comparative side-by-side analysis of Active vs. FPR tech on a level playing field.

I plan to get hold of an LV9500 and take it through its paces - the tipping point for me was the potential wlan security issues. It is simply unreasonable for me to ask other folks to continue to test for potential wireless vulnerabilites, when I have been effectively dealing with computer security issues for decades. I am also very curious about potential 3rd party add-on solutions to reduce glare.

-nony
post #923 of 1747 Old 09-12-2011, 08:17 PM

nony, what do you mean about 3rd party solutions to reduce glare? If this set is to reflective for me, I may return. My TV will be delivered on Wednesday. Is there another solution to reducing glare? Thanks!
post #924 of 1747 Old 09-12-2011, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nony View Post

By law, LG must be able to maintain ample replacement parts and complete sets - for at least a year from the introduction of a new model. They can and will make good, provided you are working with a trustworthy service center and a competent technician.

But they do continue to play it fast and loose.

I hope nobody is disappointed if they find that the LW9800 is a step down from the LW9500/LV9500. And I am willing to continue to assist the folks from Oz in enabling 3D, so that they can conduct their own comparative side-by-side analysis of Active vs. FPR tech in a level playing field.

I plan to get hold of an LV9500 and take it through its paces - the tipping point for me was the potential wlan security issues. It is simply unreasonable for me to ask other folks to continue to test for potential wireless vulnerabilites, when I have been effectively dealing with computer security issues for decades. I am also very curious about potential 3rd party add-on solutions to reduce glare.

-nony

Do you know of any channels through which to inform LG of the wireless flaw other than standard customer service?
post #925 of 1747 Old 09-12-2011, 08:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Do you know of any channels through which to inform LG of the wireless flaw other than standard customer service?

There are a few routes -

https://forms.cert.org/VulReport/ (They can handle the vendor coordination)

http://www.ipa.go.jp/security/fy22/r...nic1102_en.pdf (Interesting Paper)

-nony
post #926 of 1747 Old 09-13-2011, 05:40 AM

Hello Guys:

I just finished the steps to activate the 3d feature in this set, and looks like it worked. I have the 3d menu in the Picture setting area. When I turn on my PS3 I don't see the 3D setting menu acknowledging that I have plugged in a 3D TV; this happened when I plugged in my Bravia 3D TV for the fist time. Is this normal?? How did you enable your PS3 to recognize the 3D feature?? I started a 3D game in the PS3 and did not recognize the 3D set? Any suggestion?? Thanks in advance.
post #927 of 1747 Old 09-13-2011, 09:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UIO77 View Post

Hello Guys:

I just finished the steps to activate the 3d feature in this set, and looks like it worked. I have the 3d menu in the Picture setting area. When I turn on my PS3 I don't see the 3D setting menu acknowledging that I have plugged in a 3D TV; this happened when I plugged in my Bravia 3D TV for the fist time. Is this normal?? How did you enable your PS3 to recognize the 3D feature?? I started a 3D game in the PS3 and did not recognize the 3D set? Any suggestion?? Thanks in advance.

Did you do the in-stop?
post #928 of 1747 Old 09-13-2011, 09:58 AM

Yes. I have 4 or 5 options in the 3d menu. The fist one makes the image blurry and the last one makes it deeper; those are the only ones I tried. Did the PS3 asked you to select the size of the 3D TV the first time you plugged in?
post #929 of 1747 Old 09-13-2011, 11:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UIO77 View Post

Yes. I have 4 or 5 options in the 3d menu. The fist one makes the image blurry and the last one makes it deeper; those are the only ones I tried. Did the PS3 asked you to select the size of the 3D TV the first time you plugged in?

Make sure you have the latest firmware for the PS3, the PS3 should see the 3D disc without prompting.
post #930 of 1747 Old 09-13-2011, 11:05 AM

Firmware 3.70 . Do you think the HDMI cable is not 1.4 version???
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg , 3d Hdtv , Displays , Lg 55lx9500 55 1080p 480hz 3d Led Lcd Hdtv , Sharp
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page