AVS Forum banner

NANO LG LV9500 Official Owner's thread

223K views 2K replies 117 participants last post by  ausdavep 
#1 ·
YOU WANT 3D.......HERE IT IS follow this link to the promise land

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...&postcount=473

Just ordered the NANO LG LV9500, does anyone know anything about this model at all? I'm seeing the LW9500 on amazon for a ton o money. Is it a step down from that model or what? They look identical.It is stated on HSN website as having the NANO 480 hz tech and it is also full array backlight. The one thing I do not know is if it is a local dimmed backlight. Any help would be appreciated.

See less See more
#2 ·
Apparently from what i'm seeing, is that 3D is the only difference. If that is the case, I will gladly pay $2,000 less for the same television minus 3D. If someone else knows more than I do at the moment, please chime in.

#3 ·
This is odd, since it had been reported that this model and the step down NANO had been axed from a US release.

#5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianabol5mg /forum/post/20759683

Well, I have a 3 week wait, so we'll see what model shows up. Go to HSN and see the specs if you haven't already.

Ok, yeah, this is really interesting. No idea what is going on since I just checked LG's site and nothing. Maybe it's an lx9500??? I was thinking this would be comparable and probably better than the Sony hx929.

#6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmarceau /forum/post/20759737

Ok, yeah, this is really interesting. No idea what is going on since I just checked LG's site and nothing. Maybe it's an lx9500??? I was thinking this would be comparable and probably better than the Sony hx929.

The profile view from HSN.com looks different than lx9500 profile views. Specifically, the stand is different.

Dianabol5mg, have you considered calling HSN to get some more information?

#8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvolkman /forum/post/20759767

The profile view from HSN.com looks different than lx9500 profile views. Specifically, the stand is different.

Dianabol5mg, have you considered calling HSN to get some more information?

I'm going to call them Tuesday, I have to work the whole weekend and Monday

#9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmarceau /forum/post/20759737

That's funny, cause I was in the market for a hx909. I just didn't want to settle on the 46". I already have a 46C750......needed bigger.

#10 ·
I'm very interested in this TV, seems like a nice TV for a nice price. I may have misread the other thread - was this TV cancelled for the NA market or was it the 55LW9500? Is this TV just too new to not really have much out on it? I was thinking about getting one of the 60 inch Sharps but this is a temping alternative, I don't really care about 3D.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...304396&page=26

This seems like a steal - any reason why I shouldn't order this over the edge lit Sharp I was looking at? Again, don't care about 3D, care about the full array LED.

Is LG not supporting this TV for NA customers?

#11 ·
I think a lot of us have these same questions. I do know the 55LW9500 is selling for close to $4k on Amazon. So they are selling it in N.A. My personal opinion is that LG has a pretty good track record with full array, so i'm pretty excited. As far as both tv's are concerned, lv9500 and lw9500, I can't find really anything but what was posted about lw9500 back in January.

#13 ·
This is just a guess because there always seems to be misinformation when it comes to LG and there marketing. Could it be large difference in cost is probably the model HSN is selling is full array without local dimming and the LW that's quite a bit more is full array with local dimming?

#14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by topr /forum/post/20761729

This is just a guess because there always seems to be misinformation when it comes to LG and there marketing. Could it be large difference in cost is probably the model HSN is selling is full array without local dimming and the LW that's quite a bit more is full array with local dimming?

Hard to say but that seems to defeat the purpose of having a full array LED, doesn't it? Is there even such a thing as full array without local dimming?

Edit, I guess there is but that would seem odd for a 2011 model

http://reviews.cnet.com/2795-6482_7-399.html

Full-array without local dimming: The rarest of the bunch but the most familiar in concept. These models are just like standard LCD-based TVs aside from the fact that the CCFL backlight is replaced by LEDs. The "full-array" means that the LEDs themselves are arranged behind the entire LCD panel, not just along the edge.

Picture quality impact: No difference compared with standard LCD.

Example below: Sharp LC-46LE700UN (a 2009 model; we'll review the 2011 LC-70LE732U soon).

#15 ·
Not really...all the current 70" Sharps are full array without local dimming and they actually made another model a few years back. Its better screen uniformaty and still allows for the a thin profile but at a lesser cost than FA with LD. That's most likely what it is, but that doesn't mean it can't be an excellent performer and a good value.

#20 ·
First let me say I hope it a local dimmer as it would be a smok'n deal. That quick graphic showing LD in the video was probably a mistake. A couple of things...if it was local dimming it would have been a topic mentioned a numerous amount of times by the pitchman as it's one of the most desired and sought after features in an LED display and surely a focal point for for the pitchman. In addition, retail is 2399 that would make it insanely less than any 55" local dimmer that has debut up to this point, with the exception of the Vizio That being said, the full array non local dimmers have been very well received and the current Sharp is getting great reviews. If the black levels on this display are as good or better than what the 70" Sharp display are this may very well an outstanding display.

#22 ·
I watched the video earlier, can't remember exactly what was said but I think it was updated? The guy at the beginning now said they were able to secure an exclusive deal with LG to get every unit in their inventory..........maybe a bunch of marketing crap or its just a deal on the first shipment of the new models? Hoping for the latter. 3 weeks will be hard to wait!

#23 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by topr /forum/post/20762338

First let me say I hope it a local dimmer as it would be a smok'n deal. That quick graphic showing LD in the video was probably a mistake. A couple of things...if it was local dimming it would have been a topic mentioned a numerous amount of times by the pitchman as it's one of the most desired and sought after features in an LED display and surely a focal point for for the pitchman. In addition, retail is 2399 that would make it insanely less than any 55" local dimmer that has debut up to this point, with the exception of the Vizio That being said, the full array non local dimmers have been very well received and the current Sharp is getting great reviews. If the black levels on this display are as good or better than what the 70" Sharp display are this may very well an outstanding display.

I disagree that the pitchman would have focused on the local dimming aspect -- it's just not a feature that is likely to be important (or even known) to most of HSN's targeted audience. As you can see they're more concerned with pushing the wand remote control and free games for kids.

It does look like they've updated the video since I first saw it. The updated video still says "local dimming", and the LG pitchman alludes to greater control over brightness and contrast vs. LG's edge-lit models.

I bit. If it's not an LD set, HSN will take it back.

#26 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvolkman /forum/post/20762612

One thing for certain is that it's got a glossy screen. I don't think the specs mentioned matte vs. glossy, but it's pretty obvious from the video.

I need it, i have kids. My LG PS80 took tons of toys to the face. The protective glass is a godsend to me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.