Sony Bravia No picture with blinking standby light - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-07-2011, 08:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Sony Bravia KDL 40W4100 that I believe the power supply is gone on. When plugged in it gives me a double blink on the standby light. Which it looks like it means I need a new powersupply. Is this correct? And if so where do I get one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-08-2011, 07:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Could be the power supply or just the capacitors which you can replace if you can solder. Do some searches with the make and model + bad capacitors for more info.

Samsung has been replacing their defective power boards for free out of warranty, call Sony and see what their policy is.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-08-2011, 11:23 AM

Liked: 14
With a little knowledge in electronics and a multimeter, you can easily check out the power supply. Using the meter, verify that all the required voltages are present. See post #7 at:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...ighlight=power

The voltage outputs are where the connectors attach and their levels should be silk screened on the circuit board.

I recently repaired 3 TVs, which in every case was a blown fuse in one the the low voltage circuits (50 cent item).

Since you did not mention otherwise, the above assumes you have no picture and audio.

If you have audio , but no picture.....more likely an issue with the 18 volt section of the power supply or the inverter board.
post #4 of 4 Old 08-08-2011, 02:44 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Hey Slepthien,

My name is mike I work with the sonylistens team, I'm sorry to read of your trouble with your TV and want to help. Please call 800-222-7669 and explain what going on with the TV to them and they should be able to help. If that does not help please email your model and serial number to sonylistens@am.sony.com and we will have the TV evaluated and work towards resolving this issue asap.

Thanks,

Mike Puma
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays