Possessed new Samsung 55 6050 LED - Comcast, Cables, HDMI, What can it be? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-14-2011, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
So after purchasing a new samsung tv and hooking up the scientific atlanta comcast cable box through the first HDMI port, I noticed some green flashing pixels after a few weeks. Those green flashing pixels have now turned into what you see on picture #1. The strange thing is, if you switch the port to the third HDMI port you get whats on picture #2. My xbox 360 works fine hooked up into all 4 port using HDMI. The cable box works fine on HDMI ports #2 & #4. HDMI #1 and #3 are the ones that seem messed up. I have many wires in back of the tv and if you move them, the lines do move on the tv making me think its interference.

Im so confused, I have tried 3 different HDMI cables - still the same result. Im going to try a new cable box but I have a feeling it is going to give me the same results. I have read many weird things about HDMI, Im just not sure wether its the TV or not.

Has anyone seen anything like this?
LL
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-14-2011, 09:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 242
If you've purchased certified High Speed HDMI cables from a reputable manufacturer then I doubt it's the cables. Is there any difference, according to the Samsung manual, between the HDMI inputs 1-4 on your tv? If you Xbox works fine on all 4 HDMI inputs then I would suspect that there's something with the Comcast box (output settings?). However, organizing and cleaning up your cables/wires in the back wouldn't hurt and is probably not a bad idea. Less clutter, mo better.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-15-2011, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter

Got a new cable box, problem seemed to be fixed but now the picture shakes and jitters up and down slightly. I dont know what to think, is it possible that I have another faulty box?
post #4 of 5 Old 08-15-2011, 07:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslenutz View Post

Got a new cable box, problem seemed to be fixed but now the picture shakes and jitters up and down slightly. I dont know what to think, is it possible that I have another faulty box?

Can't say but it sure sounds like Comcrap's the problem.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-17-2011, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter

Turned out my box was set to only 1080i, I added 780P in the settings and everything is ok so far. Screw Comcast!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page