Even with all the inormation thats available, I'm having a hard time finding consolidated and up-to-date advice on the best HDTV options to be used as a PC monitor.
Suggestions would be greatly appreciated, please keep the following in mind:
1) I plan to use this TV as a PC monitor ONLY. I don't have any plans of hooking up a receiver or watching regular TV, so discard any advice that would pertain to a typical non-PC TV setup.
2) I don't care about the sound quality at all. I won't be using the speakers, I have an external speaker setup. Therefore, having the LEAST amount of lag between sound coming out of my PC's sound card and the video on the TV is of UTMOST IMPORTANCE.
3) Picture quality is only important to me as it pertains to computer input.
4) I'm looking for something around 40".
5) I plan on connecting my PC via a DVI to HDMI adapter, or DVI to DVI if the TV comes with a DVI port.
6) I'm going to be sitting 3-6 ft. away from it.
What are the best TVs that would give me the cleanest computer-monitor like experience?