Official Sharp 2011 LC-70LE734U Owner's Thread - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 42 Old 02-29-2012, 10:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello folks,

Bought this flat screen from EastCoast about 3 weeks ago. I'm currently using settings published by Tom Keegan that he used to calibrate his 735.. I'm really digging this sweet tv. I'll be researching the clouding effect that I've lightly read about in a couple these threads.... Jeeezzzz, another damn thing to worry about!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 42 Old 03-08-2012, 07:47 AM

I just got mine set up last night and haven't done any calibrating yet. A quick look at a hockey game through cable looked great. Then I tried some blu rays and things just looked weird. Toy Story 3 was incredibly crisp and clear and bright but the distinction between the foreground and the background was jarring. Tried 300 and noticed the same thing. It was clearly a bunch of people in front of a green screen. Special effects were never more obvious. Next up was Pineapple Express (wanted a low effects look) and things looked strange when characters at various depth levels in a shot moved around the screen. Camera pans looked weird too. Also had a strange delay in the audio for some reason. Moved to PS3 Arkham Asylum and that looked nuts. Can't wait to calibrate.
post #33 of 42 Old 03-20-2012, 12:12 PM

The place I work at has an LC-70LE734U and I was wondering if I could use it as a photo board to display about 80 4X6 photos w/ text in a single shot. I tried with a few photos but it didn't look good at all. I put the photo on a USB drive and displayed it through the photo display but the photo was very blurry and the text could not be read.

I set the overall picture at 60.59 X 34.09 @ 63.4 dpi.
Is that the correct setting?

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
post #34 of 42 Old 03-21-2012, 12:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by franktrez View Post

I just got mine set up last night and haven't done any calibrating yet. A quick look at a hockey game through cable looked great. Then I tried some blu rays and things just looked weird. Toy Story 3 was incredibly crisp and clear and bright but the distinction between the foreground and the background was jarring. Tried 300 and noticed the same thing. It was clearly a bunch of people in front of a green screen. Special effects were never more obvious. Next up was Pineapple Express (wanted a low effects look) and things looked strange when characters at various depth levels in a shot moved around the screen. Camera pans looked weird too. Also had a strange delay in the audio for some reason. Moved to PS3 Arkham Asylum and that looked nuts. Can't wait to calibrate.

I've experienced some of these motion issues with my 70 733 and I've found its best when all the motion setting are turned off or way down. Tonight I watch the girl with the dragon tattoo and it struggled with some motion with setting turned down and turned off. Was kinda let down with the tv for the first time tonight with this movie. It happened in more than just a couple of scenes and I found myself pausing, messing with setting, and rewinding too many times! Maybe I'll find a happy medium before giving up on this otherwise great set!
post #35 of 42 Old 04-05-2012, 07:29 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I read that the power cable is actually attached the TV, meaning you cannot detach it? Is that true? Feeding cables through the wall with a non-detachable power cord would be truly a PITA with a 90 pound TV...
post #36 of 42 Old 04-23-2012, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DosTurbos View Post

Hello folks,

Bought this flat screen from EastCoast about 3 weeks ago. I'm currently using settings published by Tom Keegan that he used to calibrate his 735.. I'm really digging this sweet tv. I'll be researching the clouding effect that I've lightly read about in a couple these threads.... Jeeezzzz, another damn thing to worry about!!!

Thanks for the suggestion. I did a search on the forum and found the settings for Tom Keagan.
I made a few changes to his settings (Gamma -2, Color temp is Middle-Low, CMS is +20 instead of +30)

Here is his original settings:

TOM KEAGAN SETTINGS:
Sharp 735U Calibration Settings Using Disney's Blu-Ray WOW Disc

Calibration was done in the USER Mode

OPC = Off
Backlight = 0 (Standard)
Contrast = 32
Brightness =0
Color = +2
Tint = +5
Sharpness = +4

SMS - Hue
+3
+6
+4

CMS Saturation
All set to 0

CMS Value
+30
+3

Color Temp = Middle ...... and all settings at 0
Motion = 240
Quad Pixel = On
Active Contrast = Off
Gama = 0
Film Mode = Off
DNR = Auto
Monochrome = Off
Range of OPC = N/A
post #37 of 42 Old 01-13-2013, 08:08 PM

going to zombie this thread from the grave... recently purchased this set for a song from B&H and was hoping for some updates since as owners of this particular set we're kind of a select group.

Anyone settle on a particular calibration specifically for this set?

Any issues? Talk to me, I did research quite a bit and felt that I didn't want/need 3D, wanted the full array, etc...

I am currently building a basement theater with Bose surround and have yet to hang the tv... I have a window here to return and so on but I'd like to hear what you who have been using this tv can offer in terms of guidance and/or support.

thanks,
post #38 of 42 Old 01-14-2013, 09:03 PM

Still loving my set. I still get amazed with some of the newer BDs on it. Should get me by till affordable 4Ks.
post #39 of 42 Old 01-20-2013, 03:01 PM

Awesome... can someone post their exact calibration? I calibrated based on the 732 in movie mode, and used the Keagen calibration for user mode... and would love something specific for this set.
post #40 of 42 Old 03-05-2013, 03:31 AM

Liked: 24
I can get this model new for $1400, or a refurbished Mitsu DLP 73 for $850. Which would you recommend?
post #41 of 42 Old 03-05-2013, 03:31 AM

Liked: 24

post #42 of 42 Old 09-02-2013, 12:07 PM

I'm almost finished with my theater - finally got the sound working etc... however, the audio lags in every mode except game. I've calibrated in Movie and User... does anyone have calibration settings for game mode?

Please help - i went from perfect to annoyed.

thanks 734'ers.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sharp Lc 70le734u 70 Inch Internet Ready Led Tv
Gear in this thread - 70le734u by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page