Official Sharp Elite PRO-70X5 and 60X5 Owners Thread - Page 491 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 12Likes

post #14701 of 14704 Old 02-02-2016, 10:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcarnut View Post
Looking at recent ebay sales of which there are few $2000 appears to be the going rate. I also own this same 70" Elite and I wouldn't even think of letting it go for this kind of money and I was lucky to get mine new at BB for $5100. Still the best TV I have seen. Looking forward to the Sony 940D to see if it compares so I can move the Elite to the lower level theater and put a 75" in the family room. Why do you want to sell yours?
I'm moving pretty soon so I started thinking about selling my set. Honestly, I go back and forth about whether to do so. It's definitely the best TV I've owned but somethings wonder if I'm just not exploring other sets. I haven't been on top of the newer TVs because I've been so happy with the Elite. I assumed that there are better sets now that it's been 4 years or so. You think the Elite still trumps all, aside from OLED of course?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14702 of 14704 Old Yesterday, 09:08 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by techcraze View Post
I'm moving pretty soon so I started thinking about selling my set. Honestly, I go back and forth about whether to do so. It's definitely the best TV I've owned but somethings wonder if I'm just not exploring other sets. I haven't been on top of the newer TVs because I've been so happy with the Elite. I assumed that there are better sets now that it's been 4 years or so. You think the Elite still trumps all, aside from OLED of course?
I am an avid TV watcher as well as movies and so far I have seen nothing that I would replace the Elite with. I have been hoping for something to come out that is as good or better and larger and am hoping the new Sony will be that TV. I am not sure the OLED TV's will get to the size I am looking for or for a price that makes sense. I could not be happier with the Elite but hopefully some day soon there will be something to compare. I am convinced that there is nothing out there for $2000 that compares. Good luck with your move. Do you happen to be in Ohio?
post #14703 of 14704 Old Yesterday, 05:11 PM

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 67
I switched from Sharp Elite to Samsung JS9500 and couldn't be happier. The Elite was amazing, but the Samsung smokes it, IMHO.

Abstract yourself!
post #14704 of 14704 Old Today, 03:33 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks! I'm in CA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcarnut View Post
I am an avid TV watcher as well as movies and so far I have seen nothing that I would replace the Elite with. I have been hoping for something to come out that is as good or better and larger and am hoping the new Sony will be that TV. I am not sure the OLED TV's will get to the size I am looking for or for a price that makes sense. I could not be happier with the Elite but hopefully some day soon there will be something to compare. I am convinced that there is nothing out there for $2000 that compares. Good luck with your move. Do you happen to be in Ohio?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sharp Elite Black 70inch Pro 70x5fd Flat Panel 3d Led Hdtv , Sharp Elite Pro 60x5fd 3d Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread