AVS Forum banner
1M views 15K replies 806 participants last post by  SailorVenus 
#1 ·

Ok here are some snapshot pictures of my 70" ELITE! Sorry for the wait everyone please enjoy, I'll take more later but it's been a very long weekend for me. OH and for those of you still wondering, YES this ELITE is the Real thing! I was totally blow away with the picture quality and deep blacks! When I have more time I"ll write a review, but for now enjoy some quick snapshots.

See less See more
#14,624 ·
Sorry to bring this up again, but I've got another opportunity to buy a used 60" elite within a reasonable drive from home. Is there any issues I should be aware of & looking for on a set when inspecting before buying? I thought I'd ask the serial number to figure out the build date, but I saw it mentioned that the retail box may show this but not the set. This one happens to be lower priced than the open I looked into a few months ago, but I wanted some advise before I proceed with buying a used TV I admittedly don't know a ton about.

Cheers.

#14,625 ·
Here are a couple more. Just e-mailed Sharp with these & a few others per their request. I imagine there are no longer any replacements? Not willing to take comparably priced edge-lit 4k panel. Any hope for a refund?
I had a similar line on my Samsung oled, scared me good. I unplugged my satellite receiver and the TV and it went away. I tried turnng them Both on and off, I had no Luck, I had to unplug them.

#14,627 ·
Man, this will definitely be my last sharp I purchase ever. Called in to sharp support for an older firmware because I see a yellow cast under THX movie picture option. Received many many lies:
- sharp elite? Oh that's not a sharp product, it's a pioneer product and you have to call pioneer for assistance
- firmware cannot be manually done via USB
- cannot roll back firmware
- we never had a an elite website
- yes we do have older firmwares but they must be installed by a technician

All I wanted was an older 213 firmware to hopefully correct a yellowish issue but all I'm getting is the run around. We lost your case file, we'll contact pioneer, yada yada. I asked what happened to support for the elites and they responded that the television has been out of production for 2 years so they don't carry firmwares/support anymore. Said even if I input an older firmware that it would automatically update it self back to 217. Bunch of liars. They show support for a lot of older models in their drop down yet they make it seem as if the elites never existed. Spoke with a supervisor regarding the website and support and was told "sharp only borrowed the technology from pioneer and that agreement is over so it's pioneer's issue now." Said only pioneer have the firmwares and Sharp cannot do anything to get them back. Gotta say I love the televisions but support is a joke. And to think how much was spent on these tv's. Good luck to us all with our aging tv's.

#14,628 ·
Well, my PRO-70X5FD just let me know the IR is not working. Both the Elite remote and my Logitec Harmony One remote will not turn the tv on or off.
I can manually turn it on and off by the side button on the tv. Once on, the remotes still don't acknowlege any of the IR commands.

Here's the question:
Anyone have a DUNTKF909FM01 board for sale?
I've done the search for the DUNTKF909FM01 replacement and come up with, no longer available.

I've unpluged the tv, didn't help.
I've even asked it nicely, please work.

#14,632 ·
hey there-

anyone else using ivc low instead of LD? I am in THX movie mode and when I switch from ld to ivc low it seems that the colors are a lot better and the blacks are about the same- I haven't tried it with blu ray and darbee yet to see what that looks like but it sure makes ota pq better. is the yellow pixel active with thx mode and ivc low activated? or does thx mode disable the yellow sub pixel even with ivc activated? always tweaking for a better picture on this set- it doesn't help that I switch viewing sessions between the sharp elite, kuro and lg oled- thx

#14,633 ·
hey there-

anyone else using ivc low instead of LD? I am in THX movie mode and when I switch from ld to ivc low it seems that the colors are a lot better and the blacks are about the same- I haven't tried it with blu ray and darbee yet to see what that looks like but it sure makes ota pq better. is the yellow pixel active with thx mode and ivc low activated? or does thx mode disable the yellow sub pixel even with ivc activated? always tweaking for a better picture on this set- it doesn't help that I switch viewing sessions between the sharp elite, kuro and lg oled- thx
I have always used the IVC Low setting along with THX mode. Based upon calibration results, IVC Low increases the 100% luminance output by 50% for a limited number of LD zones. Full screen 100% test pattern will measure same as LD on but 10-11% windows pattern will measure 150% of the full screen number e.g full at 35 FL is ~54 FL with window pattern. Adds lots of POP to highlights in scenes with little adverse effect on black levels. Works well with all sources including Darbee. Not certain about yellow pixel, but I think they are always used no matter the setting.

#14,634 ·
Well, my PRO-70X5FD just let me know the IR is not working. Both the Elite remote and my Logitec Harmony One remote will not turn the tv on or off.
I can manually turn it on and off by the side button on the tv. Once on, the remotes still don't acknowlege any of the IR commands.

Here's the question:
I've done the search for the DUNTKF909FM01 replacement and come up with, no longer available.

Anyone know where I can get one?

#14,635 ·

Here's the question:

Anyone know where I can get one?

My 60's IR board died too. I've been using Mike's remote IP app. Awaiting Sharp's decision to replace or refund.

#14,636 ·
Just picked up a previously owned PRO-70X5FD screen - pretty excited! Just wondering how these TV's hold up against upcoming 4K tv's? I was comparing it to the Samsung HU8550, but was surprised at the price differences between Samsung's 65" vs. their 75", which ended up pointing me towards the Elite option.

#14,637 ·
I just ran across a 70" Elite at a Best Buy
They said HDMI #4 is not working...other than that the TV looks good and has the factory remote

I assume it had been out for service at some point and it was a either an old store display or someone had returned it for warranty reasons

I am temped...but the TV is actually a little larger than my TV cabinet will accommodate

Sharp certainly wasnt trying to make a thin bezel back then

Warren

#14,639 ·
I have had mine since August 2012: what IR PROBLEM? Does the sensor go bad??

I have the extended warrantee ... Think it is up next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#14,640 ·
My 60's IR board died too. I've been using Mike's remote IP app. Awaiting Sharp's decision to replace or refund.

Which posts talk about this "remote IP app"? I never though he elite supported it... It's great on my Visio to send a http command to ensure its on hdmi1 when XBMC is playing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk