post #181 of 206 Old 02-15-2012, 08:23 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by henbone11 View Post

I just picked up this set the other day and applied your settings DaGamePimp...everything looks great thus far. Thanks.

You're welcome, glad the settings are working for you.

Jason
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 206 Old 02-21-2012, 08:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
So far DaGamePimp's settings have worked best for me, but on all the settings here that I've tried, it still renders blue as somewhat purple-ish on this set. Since blue+red=purple, should I just try cutting the red a little? And which of the 5 settings (Hue, Saturation, Value, Color Temp Lo, Color Temp Hi) would be a good place to start?
post #183 of 206 Old 02-23-2012, 04:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Since we cannot view each others displays it's difficult to say what exactly each of you are seeing. What you can try is a reset of each CMS set (H.S.V) one at a time and see where the blue appears to shift as you re-enter the settings (may or may not work as it can be a combination of settings). If you have a cal disc check your color/tint settings. Also be sure you are NOT basing this on broadcast television. I am sitting here staring at a very blue BLUE (compared against a perfect D65 monitor) with not a hint of purple so again this could all come down to tolerance variables.

Jason
post #184 of 206 Old 02-24-2012, 02:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassLake View Post

"tolerance variables"

Which is why for the first time I've made a calibration appointment with Michael Chen. I'm done chasing settings and I'll get an education as to how it's done for future reference.

Excellent!

Jason
post #185 of 206 Old 02-28-2012, 03:32 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I appreciate you sharing your findings and they do look good. I guess having "my" TV calibrated falls into the peace of mind category.

No worries, nobody else's settings will get your set as dialed in as actually having your own set done by a certified ISF tech.

Jason
post #186 of 206 Old 03-02-2012, 02:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
Quote:

"tolerance variables"

Which is why for the first time I've made a calibration appointment with Michael Chen. I'm done chasing settings and I'll get an education as to how it's done for future reference.

Please report back your impression of the improvements you notice in the fully calibrated picture. I'm tempted by that peace of mind thing also.
post #187 of 206 Old 03-02-2012, 03:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddRiffic View Post

Please report back your impression of the improvements you notice in the fully calibrated picture. I'm tempted by that peace of mind thing also.

I don't think any of the previous comments are regarding my latest Movie mode settings. Of course having your own set professionally calibrated by an experienced ISF tech will almost always be superior to using settings found on the net (just be sure you hire someone that is familiar with these Sharp displays for best results).

Jason
post #188 of 206 Old 03-03-2012, 03:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Well actually you will not be able to directly A-B my Movie settings with your pro calibration settings. You would have to reset settings and re-enter to go back and forth (assuming of course the calibrator uses Movie mode, which he more than likely will). Also be sure this is an ISF certified tech who is familiar with these current Sharp displays and not something like the Best Buy Geek Squad.

Best of luck!
Jason
post #189 of 206 Old 05-07-2012, 10:11 AM

Liked: 10
Hello all,
I'm having a few issues with this TV.
BUT I don't know if it's the TV or my cable provider.
Bear with the noob(!)

Little info:
-Purchased the LC-60LE633U 2 weeks ago from a local Costco, for a fantastic too good to beat deal.
-Cable provider Charter(Rancho Cucamonga California)
-Receiver is a ugghh Scientific Atlanta 8300HD

My number 1 issue is Pixelating when watching sports, and action 'stuff'.
Example: watching nba playoffs- player scores next frame follows player running down court...overall picture pixelates, adjusting(?)...looks awful.

I've 'adjusted' all the settings that da pimp has posted/and a few others.
all color settings, and adjusted sports to 720 on receiver.

--I have NOT had a professional calibration, best buy/geek squad said $250?!?--that is ridiculous...that's 25% of the purchase price, wtf?--would it even stop pixelating?

Pixelation? Good grief.
--I'm trying to stay positive before returning...Costco is very gracious with that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Rob
post #190 of 206 Old 05-07-2012, 10:58 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Does it pixelate on any other channels or different content - i.e. slower moving action, etc.? Do you have problems with any other inputs, like game consoles or DVD/BD players? How is the cable box connected to the set - component, HDMI cables? What happens if you use a different input?
post #191 of 206 Old 05-07-2012, 12:53 PM

thanks for the reply...

yes, it pixelates on difft stuff...I was watching the Spartacus show on Starz on demand...same issue...I guess the fight scenes move pretty quick?

I am using 28awg hdmi cables 6ft length...
currently the cable box receiver goes to hdmi 1, but I did move them around...tried hdmi 2 and 4, same results.

I have a ps3 plugged in hdmi 3...kid was playing call of duty 3...looked pretty damn good.

rob
post #192 of 206 Old 05-07-2012, 12:56 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Sounds to me that your cable provider may be overcompressing their content and it's causing problems. What were you using as a display before and did you notice any issues with fast-moving content? What happens when you play an action Blu-ray on the PS3?
post #193 of 206 Old 05-07-2012, 01:51 PM

Liked: 12
If watching DVD's, Blu-ray or games from local content (disks and not streaming content or cable/satellite) looks good without any harsh pixel issues but the pixel problem shows up on content you do not have direct control of the source (cable company), I would assume your cable company is overly compressing the signal. Good luck asking them to decrease the compression....unless you buy the cable company.
post #194 of 206 Old 05-07-2012, 02:40 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loady2u View Post

thanks for the reply...

yes, it pixelates on difft stuff...I was watching the Spartacus show on Starz on demand...same issue...I guess the fight scenes move pretty quick?

I am using 28awg hdmi cables 6ft length...
currently the cable box receiver goes to hdmi 1, but I did move them around...tried hdmi 2 and 4, same results.

I have a ps3 plugged in hdmi 3...kid was playing call of duty 3...looked pretty damn good.

rob

Try different resolution settings on your cable box, usually 720p will yield better motion results than 1080i. If the box does 1080p then you can try that as well.

Jason
post #195 of 206 Old 05-07-2012, 05:42 PM

I had adjusted the resolution to 'upconvert-1'
that was adjusting the 1080 channels to 720...but, it's still there.

the options on the box are upconvert 1/upconvert 2/fixed/auto dvi-hdmi

the cable guy had it at auto dvi-hdmi...

so now it's on upconvert-1...it pops up with 'auto'...I'm not sure if it's adjusting to best pic but box displays 'auto'...

quick question...so, after reading my post--is consensus it's the cable??
---I really don't want to take the tv back...but, if I must I will...
plasma is always an option, I guess...

rob
post #196 of 206 Old 05-08-2012, 11:17 AM

well...I guess it's the cable provider(charter)

watched basketball on TNT-HD = unbearable bologna

last night I threw in a couple blu-rays to play off the PS3...
speed racer
pulp fiction

results:
speed racer is a horrible movie, but visually has so much going on color/graphics and is ridiculously fast moving.
NO ISSUES- NO PIXELLATING!?!

pulp fiction is on the oposite side, mostly dialogue driven....but I think it's an amazing movie...
anyways,
NO ISSUES- PICTURE IS CLEAN CRISP...

I'm going to call Charter, but it seems like a waste of time. Just to get a descent receiver is a pain.
rob
post #197 of 206 Old 05-08-2012, 03:29 PM

Cant speak for Charter, but Comcast has overnighted me a new cable box before when I had problems and included a return label. Worth a shot.
post #198 of 206 Old 05-15-2012, 05:27 PM

Hey Basslake, did you ever get the professional calibration done on the set? If so, please post your calibrated settings.
post #199 of 206 Old 05-15-2012, 07:40 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doink902000 View Post

Hey Basslake, did you ever get the professional calibration done on the set? If so, please post your calibrated settings.

Not to answer for him but...

He did and he will not, that is not something that is usually done here at AVS out of respect for the professional calibrators.

I can say this with confidence regarding BassLake because we have exchanged e-mails as I was asking him to ask Mr.Chen some questions.

Jason
post #200 of 206 Old 05-16-2012, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

Not to answer for him but...

He did and he will not, that is not something that is usually done here at AVS out of respect for the professional calibrators.

I can say this with confidence regarding BassLake because we have exchanged e-mails as I was asking him to ask Mr.Chen some questions.

Jason

Ok, well basslake should at least post his results of getting it calibrated by a professional. Is the picture better looking or no?
post #201 of 206 Old 05-17-2012, 12:22 AM

I've heard about some blurring. Like when a quarterback throws the ball
post #202 of 206 Old 05-17-2012, 03:09 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doink902000 View Post

Ok, well basslake should at least post his results of getting it calibrated by a professional. Is the picture better looking or no?

He mentioned to me that the pro calibration was better but not significantly so, he said the flesh tones were nailed with the pro calibration (which is to be expected).

As stated before the only way to see your display reach its full potential is by either DIY with proper gear or Pro level ISF/THX calibration (with the latter being the best if you are not sure of what you are doing and do not wish to invest the hours that it takes to learn it).

Jason
post #203 of 206 Old 05-17-2012, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

He mentioned to me that the pro calibration was better but not significantly so, he said the flesh tones were nailed with the pro calibration (which is to be expected).

As stated before the only way to see your display reach its full potential is by either DIY with proper gear or Pro level ISF/THX calibration (with the latter being the best if you are not sure of what you are doing and do not wish to invest the hours that it takes to learn it).

Jason

You know Jason, I don't like the Sharp set. I've had it, going on 6 months maybe, and I can honestly say it's average at best, in terms of picture quality, refresh rate, apps, etc. I'm going to try to get rid of it for a Panasonic Plasma. Everyone just raves about those sets. Especially Cnet.
post #204 of 206 Old 06-20-2012, 01:43 PM

Hello all, I am new here smile.gif

I recently bought Sharp LC-60LE635E and like everyone else I started goggling for the best picture settings. After testing a couple dozen settings on internet I finally stumbled upon this page and used the reference picture on that page to optimize my TV's picture settings. And for the very first time in last two week I am very happy with my Sharp LC-60LE635U picture. biggrin.gif

So I thought I share these setting with you guys. Please note that the TV is connected to my Home Theater PC through HDMI to a AMD Radeon 7850 HD Graphic Card. And is mainly used for watching Movies, HDTV Shows and surfing Internet.

Room Light: Dark to Semi Dark
Viewing Distance: 3.75 Meters (12.3 Feet)

Picture Mode: Standard

OPC OFF

Backlight +10
Contrast +31
Brightness +2
Color -2
Tint 0
Sharpness -1

C.M.S HUE
  • R +9
  • Y +2
  • G +14
  • C +5
  • B -9
  • M -2

C.M.S Saturation
  • R -5
  • Y 0
  • G +10
  • C -4
  • B -1
  • M +1

C.M.S Value
  • R +16
  • Y +19
  • G +13
  • C -1
  • B +22
  • M -17

Color Temp. Mid-High (Gain Hi and Lo all 0)

Fine Motion Advance High

Gama -2

Film Mode OFF

Active contrast ON

DNR OFF

Monochrome OFF

Range of OPC +16 to -16

Please remember that not every setting works for every one. It highly depends on the Room light, your viewing distance and most importantly your taste smile.gif

Edit: Just wanted to mention that all color setting of HTPC's Graphic Card are set to default.
post #205 of 206 Old 06-25-2012, 05:39 AM

hi,

i own a 60LE635E too. too bad there aren't many people sharing there settings on this tv so thanks for sharing
post #206 of 206 Old 05-26-2013, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

I noted this in the 632 thread but be sure to set your blu ray player for 4:2:2 if it has selectable modes. It appears the 632 does not handle 4:4:4 properly (would guess the 633 is the same).

I'm using Josay's settings from post #8, with Motion Enhancement set to 120Hz Low and Active Contrast On, and TV set to Dot by Dot mode. I used the "Quick and Dirty" image on my Oppo BPD-93, and the Red text looks pretty good, with the exception of a dark line on the left edge of the R, and the Magenta text doesn't even have that and looks okay to my untrained eye. Is this what you meant by it not handling it properly? If so, it's strange because it looks the same whether the Oppo is set to 4:4:4 or 4:2:2. I tried the same settings on both User and Game mode and the result was the same. When Game had default settings, it looked just like the fail versions of the "Quick and Dirty" test.

So, has anyone confirmed that the 633U actually fails the 4:4:4?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sharp Aquos 60 Led 1080p 240hz Hdtv Lc 60le633u
Gear in this thread - 1080p by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page