Advertisement

post #32 of 3284 Old 10-11-2011, 04:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
weird got a notice about this post but now its gone. The magic of the internet

Stopped in to Fry's today in Anaheim and there it was in the middle of the TV area backed up against the Mit 92" RP TV. I must say from a distance I though it was one of the 70" models. It is just so hard to judge the size of these TVs when their placed right in the middle of a warehouse floor. In a typical home with 8 foot ceilings in a 10 x 15 room I am sure this thing looks just massive.

Spent about 20 mins looking at and here are my thoughts (remember I am in a store just visually observing. Don't crucify me as I am not an expert):

1) Up close you can see all the pixels. This TV is meant for viewing at least 8 to 10 feet at a BARE minimum.
2) I did not notice any motion blur. Although I was not watching any sports just Alice in Wonderland Blu Ray. It was pretty fluid.
3) Overall the picture looked pretty darn good. On par with the sharp 70" models. It is no Elite (X5) by any stretch of the imagination but compared to all other current 70" models I would say it looked about the same. If you are not an absolute Videophile and don't care about 3D I would say this TV would be just fine for the normal everyday consumer looking for a BIG TV.
4) I think the one piece of news that a lot of people would like an answer too is how do the corners look. Are they as dark as the 70" models. I kept forwarding to light scenes in the Alice in wonderland Blu Ray and really could not find even a "hint" of the dark corner problem seen on the 70" sets. I remember it being so obvious on all the 70" sets but here I could just not find it (unless there is something I am missing and the TV image has to be yellow for example). But in the daylight scenes in Alice with white and blu sky backgrounds and the all white scenes later in the movie I just did not see it.
5) I wished I could have sen it hooked up to Cable or DirecTv as I really would like to know how these bigger sets look for NFL broadcast games. At some point I would think the PQ will start to suffer from broadcast TV even in HD.

I have attached some pics of the set as everyone who has posted in here so far has been asking.

Image: http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/...11011-0903.jpg

Image: http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/...11011-0903.jpg

Image: http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/...11011-0906.jpg

Image: http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/...11011-0904.jpg

Image: http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/...11011-0906.jpg
post #33 of 3284 Old 10-11-2011, 04:54 PM

Liked: 10
Stopped in to Fry's today in Anaheim and there it was in the middle of the TV area backed up against the Mit 92" RP TV. I must say from a distance I though it was one of the 70" models. It is just so hard to judge the size of these TVs when their placed right in the middle of a warehouse floor. In a typical home with 8 foot ceilings in a 10 x 15 room I am sure this thing looks just massive.

Spent about 20 mins looking at and here are my thoughts (remember I am in a store just visually observing. Don't crucify me as I am not an expert):

1) Up close you can see all the pixels. This TV is meant for viewing at least 8 to 10 feet at a BARE minimum.
2) I did not notice any motion blur. Although I was not watching any sports just Alice in Wonderland Blu Ray. It was pretty fluid.
3) Overall the picture looked pretty darn good. On par with the sharp 70" models. It is no Elite (X5) by any stretch of the imagination but compared to all other current 70" models I would say it looked about the same. If you are not an absolute Videophile and don't care about 3D I would say this TV would be just fine for the normal everyday consumer looking for a BIG TV.
4) I think the one piece of news that a lot of people would like an answer too is how do the corners look. Are they as dark as the 70" models. I kept forwarding to light scenes in the Alice in wonderland Blu Ray and really could not find even a "hint" of the dark corner problem seen on the 70" sets. I remember it being so obvious on all the 70" sets but here I could just not find it (unless there is something I am missing and the TV image has to be yellow for example). But in the daylight scenes in Alice with white and blu sky backgrounds and the all white scenes later in the movie I just did not see it.
5) I wished I could have seen it hooked up to Cable or DirecTv as I really would like to know how these bigger sets look for NFL broadcast games. At some point I would think the PQ will start to suffer from broadcast TV even in HD.

I have attached some pics of the set as everyone who has posted in here so far has been asking.

post #34 of 3284 Old 10-11-2011, 05:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwkid View Post

5) I wished I could have seen it hooked up to Cable or DirecTv as I really would like to know how these bigger sets look for NFL broadcast games. At some point I would think the PQ will start to suffer from broadcast TV even in HD.

A little off topic, but since they sell for the same price to the bigger is better crowd (me/us), did you compare the Sharp 80" LCD to the Mits 92" DLP RP TV?

Murray Kerdman
post #35 of 3284 Old 10-11-2011, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook View Post

weird got a notice about this post but now its gone. The magic of the internet

I have been trying to upload the pics and keep blurring out the price on the pics but it never uploads to Photobucket that way. Thus the deleted post and now re-post.
post #36 of 3284 Old 10-11-2011, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerdman View Post

A little off topic, but since they sell for the same price to the bigger is better crowd, did you compare the Sharp 80" LCD to the Mits 92" DLP RP TV?

Yeah I looked at both. In a brightly lit warehouse the Mit 92" looked awful. And the glare on that screen....whoa. However, the 80" looks big but not WOW big but the 92" just looked HUGE even in the big open warehouse. I expected the size of the 80" to just blow me away the first time I saw it but as I said earler from a distance I thought it was the 70". Not saying it isn't big (because it is) but something about that jump up to 92" just takes it too another level (speaking size only).

But I couldn't help thinking, "if one has enough room for the 92" Mit you have got to have room for a projector". If you have not seen it I cannot stress just how big the 92" Mit really is. That thing will take up some serious room as it cannot be hung. I look at the 80" Sharp and though "yeah I could hang that on a wall somewhere and it would be impressive but not take up the entire room".

As far as Picture Quality it is very hard to compare because of the reasons stated above. The 92" Mit is no where near as bright so it is very hard to compare in a bright room. In a darkened room they may be very similar in picture quality. The off angle viewing of the 80" was pretty good. Very much in line with the other 70" Sharp sets on the market. But the 80" you could put in say a rec room and would be just fine with outside light coming in.

It just seems to me if you have a dedicated home theater room you are going to just go with a projector (not either of these TV's). If you are like me and live in California (no basement or even extra space) you are using your living room as a home theater type room. The 80" would be perfect on a wall in that type of room but that 92" Mit is going to be the entire room due to its depth and screen size.

Just my 2 cents (or by the length of this post my 10 dollars)
post #37 of 3284 Old 10-11-2011, 06:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwkid View Post

Yeah I looked at both. In a brightly lit warehouse the Mit 92" looked awful. And the glare on that screen....whoa. However, the 80" looks big but not WOW big but the 92" just looked HUGE even in the big open warehouse. I expected the size of the 80" to just blow me away the first time I saw it but as I said earler from a distance I thought it was the 70". Not saying it isn't big (because it is) but something about that jump up to 92" just takes it too another level (speaking size only).

But I couldn't help thinking, "if one has enough room for the 92" Mit you have got to have room for a projector". If you have not seen it I cannot stress just how big the 92" Mit really is. That thing will take up some serious room as it cannot be hung. I look at the 80" Sharp and though "yeah I could hang that on a wall somewhere and it would be impressive but not take up the entire room".

As far as Picture Quality it is very hard to compare because of the reasons stated above. The 92" Mit is no where near as bright so it is very hard to compare in a bright room. In a darkened room they may be very similar in picture quality. The off angle viewing of the 80" was pretty good. Very much in line with the other 70" Sharp sets on the market. But the 80" you could put in say a rec room and would be just fine with outside light coming in.

It just seems to me if you have a dedicated home theater room you are going to just go with a projector (not either of these TV's). If you are like me and live in California (no basement or even extra space) you are using your living room as a home theater type room. The 80" would be perfect on a wall in that type of room but that 92" Mit is going to be the entire room due to its depth and screen size.

Just my 2 cents (or by the length of this post my 10 dollars)

I agree about the size & living in Cali .. another note is this display doesn't have the dreaded yellow 4th pixel as well . I'll wait till the 80" comes with local dimming like the Elites do . I have a 60" Sharp so she'll do till then last years 60" model that was the last CFFL back lighted model they made . It's a beauty Of the 3 sharps I have owned it's the best PQ

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
post #38 of 3284 Old 10-12-2011, 05:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 220
Amazing how B&M's environ can make a large panel appear smallish. The first time I saw the Sharp 70" it didn't seem all that big except for the fact it dwarfed the 55" and 60" adjacent to it and yet when you place that 70/80" in your HT it's pretty massive at normal viewing distance. Amazing how some set the bar for this panel with the Elite when in fact imagine the price were it in that league would certainly exceed $12K and yet it's MSRP is around $5K.

If one is too cheap to maximize HD source material and broadcasts I certainly wouldn't target an 80" panel with SD - rather foolish to do so if one is spending $5K and still ives with SD would be a HT crime. I believe this is targeted for the aging RPTV owners looking to upgrade which is a pretty large target group to cater to. Will look forward to owner feedback soon.

Samsung 65F8000, 60D8000, 40HU6350, Panasonic 50E60 LCD's
post #39 of 3284 Old 10-12-2011, 07:37 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Saw this 80" unit at Frys yesterday and as others have mentioned did not see the familiar vignetting in the corners like the 70" displays. For folks that have a large viewing area in the den & enjoy sports & movies in 2D it appears this set will provide your needs just fine. Personally i also have a HD projector with a 120" screen and plan to upgrade it to one of the latest 3D Projectors since IMO 3D viewing is more appealing on a larger screen then on a 55" to 80" display so the lack of 3D in this Sharp80632U suits me fine. Within 6 months this set will probably be selling for around 3.5K which TBH is where it should be now.

Regards,
post #40 of 3284 Old 10-12-2011, 08:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox1 View Post

Saw this 80" unit at Frys yesterday and as others have mentioned did not see the familiar vignetting in the corners like the 70" displays. For folks that have a large viewing area in the den & enjoy sports & movies in 2D it appears this set will provide your needs just fine. Personally i also have a HD projector with a 120" screen and plan to upgrade it to one of the latest 3D Projectors since IMO 3D viewing is more appealing on a larger screen then on a 55" to 80" display so the lack of 3D in this Sharp80632U suits me fine. Within 6 months this set will probably be selling for around 3.5K which TBH is where it should be now.

Regards,

as soon as the bugs get worked outta the Sharp Elites then you will see them sell to the "must have the best crowd" & these will come down in price as production grows , add to that fact that some of that tech will trickle down as well the PQ will improve & prices will drop . look @ the 60" 1400 @ Costco . next spring & summer will these get to reasonable price . I must say going from a 46" t0 60 " was a great leap & I can't wait to get 80" into my living room . PJ's just don't work for me as it's a living room & an HT room as well . 80" is the max i can go up
seems that the no yellow pixel might drive the prices lower anyway as they are cheaper to make & the yellow pixel has not shown to the earthshattering improvement in PQ any way . local dimming is what i want

Mike

post #41 of 3284 Old 10-12-2011, 10:52 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 526 Post(s)
Liked: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by westa6969 View Post

Amazing how B&M's environ can make a large panel appear smallish.

Yes they can, however they are HUGE !
post #42 of 3284 Old 10-12-2011, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

Yes they can, however they are HUGE !

Agreed, In an update to my post yesterday I viewed this Panel in another B&M store this morning with a much smaller viewing room. This thing is indeed huge when placed in a non warehouse setting. Couldn't even sit closer than 12 feet of viewing distance without getting dizzy.
post #43 of 3284 Old 10-12-2011, 08:51 PM
Advanced Member

Has anyone seen any real reviews of this set online? I'd like to see what some pros think before I take delivery. I thought it looked good in the showroom for its size and being an LCD, but I don't know enough about what to look for to know whether it is going to have any significant flaws that are going to piss me off after spending some time with it.
post #44 of 3284 Old 10-12-2011, 08:58 PM
AVS Special Member

chad B is due to post a formal review after calibration hopefully SOON
post #45 of 3284 Old 10-13-2011, 12:17 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 526 Post(s)
Liked: 691
post #46 of 3284 Old 10-13-2011, 05:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 494

Sharp's latest LED LCDs have been on a roller coaster ride of performance as Sharp's Quattron yellow pixel technology matured. While the yellow pixel does make them stand out, it didn't always seem to be in a good way. Now, as Sharp introduces the world's largest LED LCD, they have something to focus on other than the dubious distinctions of Quattron technology: sheer, monstrous size! In fact, the 80" 632U does not even claim Quattron quad pixel technology, although in every other way the 632U shares similar or identical technical specifications to the 732U model I had previously reviewed. So when Chris from Cleveland Plasma invited me to come out and put the 632U through it's paces, I wasn't sure if it would be just a re-write of what I had found with the 732U or something totally different. What I found baffled, pleased, and even shocked me in many ways.

It's worth noting that, despite the 632's huge screen and bright image, it's going to be quite easy on the wallet when the utility bill comes due. I noticed the Energy Star Energy Guide sticker on the bezel, which showed an estimated yearly energy cost of only $22. Cost range of similar models 69.5” and greater was listed as $39 to $90.

The 632U's semi-matte screen tended to diffuse but still pick up annoying reflections. Though not as distracting as some other set's mirror like reflections, care should still be taken to minimize harsh light shining on the screen.

Although Sharp specifies a 176x176 degree viewing angle, all that means is that you'll be able to see an image at that angle. I found that the 632U, like most LED LCDs, was very sensitive to viewing angle. With the picture paused, moving just slightly off center caused flesh tones to pale and contrast to weaken. At a 9’ viewing distance, moving about 1.5’ to the side caused a noticeable degradation. In fact, because of the sheer size of the screen, even if you sit dead center you may still see some side effects of off axis angles near the screen edges. I saw that the edges became just barely pale at a 9-10’ distance, so color was just slightly richer in the middle of the screen than along the outer quarters of the screen. Sitting farther away will diminish or eliminate the effect, though that is not a very good compromise.

Black uniformity was excellent from a distance of 11’ or more, with almost no perceptible clouding. However, as distance was diminished, the center became darker than the edges due to the effect described above. It was very slight at first, but it became easily noticeable once I got to within 6'. I found a viewing distance of 9-10 feet to give the most pleasing balance between edge performance and field of view.

White field uniformity was excellent for an LCD, with just a very slight darkening of the far right edge.

Before calibration:

Viewing of each picture mode was done before making any changes at all to the TV. After making note of my impressions, I then turned off the power save function since it could skew the measurements, and proceeded to measure each mode. The attached thumbnails are before calibration measurements.

Standard: pans were overly smoothed, showing the infamous Soap Opera Effect. Bright highlights looked overexposed, yet the picture was too dark. There was almost no shadow detail. The contrast looked very good in a dark room, however. Flesh tones leaned toward pink and purple, giving people an unnatural look. The carrots in DVE's Restaurant scene were not orange enough; instead, they had a strange reddish-lavender tone. Motion was smeared, due to overly aggressive noise reduction. There was an odd combination of a smeared, glazed over look and occasional graininess. Pinkish overtones dominated the picture. Overall, Standard mode was not very realistic or pleasant.

Auto: same Soap Opera Effect and smeared look as Standard, but much better shadow detail and color. Still a little too dim in a bright room, but good pop in a dark room. Very good depth. Whites were surprisingly pure. The overexposed look of Standard mode was gone. Something still seemed to be missing when the room lights were on, probably due to the low light output of Auto. However, this mode came into it’s own in a dark room, giving a highly engaging and exciting image. The downside to Auto is that NR and Film mode are not selectable, so the SOE and NR blur can not be avoided.

Movie: same SOE and smeared look. Odd color highlights; colors looked more natural than Standard, but bright colors seemed to stick out in an unnatural way. Shadow detail was a little weak, especially with the room lights on. Picture was still just a bit too dim with the lights on, though it was dynamic enough in a dark room. Depth perspective was there but looked a little unnatural. Presentable, but peculiar.

Dynamic: unnaturally highlighted colors. Overly enhanced look. Same SOE and smearing. Picture looked etched. Overblown contrast; bright highlights looked too bright, while very poor shadow detail caused dark images to sink into a black blob. Flesh tones were too pink, and white clouds had a distinct bluish cast. Blacks and contrast looked excellent, however.

Calibration:

Resolution was excellent with a 1080P test pattern in dot by dot mode. Turning Dynamic Noise Reduction off eliminated the smearing, and turning Film Mode off eliminated the SOE.

There were no peculiarities or hiccups in the 632U's calibration, other than some slightly finicky CMS adjustments. I found that raising the CMS Saturation adjustment of any color caused color nonlinearities, even with the contrast lowered, so I avoided positive Saturation adjustments. The CMS Hue and CMS Value adjustments worked in a fairly straightforward manner with the exception of the red hue, which I found had to be adjusted against what the measurements suggested in order to get realistic flesh tones.

I was surprised to find that even my new C6 colorimeter could not get a reading of the 632's black level. While the C6 is reported to have superb black level sensitivity, I have not used it enough to get a good handle on it's black level limitations. Regardless, the black level was exceptionally good for a display of this type. Though I did not have a 732U close by to compare, I was fairly certain that the 632's blacks were darker and much more uniform that what I am used to seeing in the 732U, 734U, and 830U. In addition, blacks were quite neutral, without the strong blue or purplish tinge of many LCDs.

Most of the calibration was done with the Jeti 1211 5nm spectroradiometer and the latest version of CalMAN.

After calibration:

Movie: excellent pop, contrast, and black levels. Blacks seem comparable to that of a good plasma. Great depth. Somewhat grainy from 9-10’, however. Vibrant colors. Flesh tones looked too pink/lavender until the red hue tweak mentioned above made them look excellent. Shadow detail was balanced slightly dark, though not to a distracting degree.

As I suspected during the calibration, contrast and black levels seemed to be better than on other recent Sharp models.
Overall color was very vibrant and exciting; possibly a bit rich, though not by much. The 632U didn’t seem to have the Dirty Screen Effect that I see in the 732U. Detail was sharp and plentiful.

In a totally dark room, the black bars did not blend into the bezel, though they were excellent for a non local dimming set. Although it couldn’t match the inky blacks of a good local dimming model, dark movie scenes showed an impressive amount of contrast, and brighter scenes showed that trait off even further. I believe the blacks were so impressive because they were devoid of the problems that plague many other LED LCDs, including some of Sharp's own: cloudiness and color tinge. However, cloudiness does seem to be variable from sample to sample, so I can not say that every 632U is going to be just as uniform.

After calibration, Movie mode seemed like a slightly more vibrant and refined Auto mode, but without the distracting issues (SOE, NR blur) of Auto.
Even with my picky Critic's hat firmly in place, my only complaints were graininess, which could be alleviated somewhat by the noise reduction at the expense of some smearing, and shadow detail which was balanced a bit dark.

This is a winner. No doubt about it, it will produce a much better image on axis than a DLP rear projector, and can look punchier and brighter in bright rooms to boot.

Update 10-22-2011

I calibrated another one today and made a contrast ratio measurement after a software tweak allowed lower, more accurate black level readings from the C6. The modified ANSI contrast ratio measured 44.59 fL white and .0147-.0148 black, for a contrast ratio of about 3022:1. That is simply superb for a non local dimming LED LCD!
Also, this set's black uniformity was not quite as good, with a noticeable but not obnoxious cloud in the lower left corner. However, it was still better than what I've seen on nearly all of the 732, 734, and 830U sets I've calibrated. White uniformity was excellent.
LL
LL
LL
LL

Sharp LC-80LE632U.pdf 264.431640625k . file
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Sharp LC-80LE632U.pdf (264.4 KB, 79 views)

ISF/THX calibrator with Jeti 1211 reference spectro
Latest reviews:LG 65UB9800Samsung UN65HU8550UN65HU9000, UN85HU8550, LG 55EC9300, LG 55EA8800 (including 3D)

Why I don't publish settings, Review index and rankings, Florida tour Dec '14, Texas tour Jan '15
post #47 of 3284 Old 10-13-2011, 05:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Chad B
Thanks for the great review.
Were you and Chris up all night?
Bob
post #48 of 3284 Old 10-13-2011, 06:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjruby View Post

Chad B
Thanks for the great review.
Were you and Chris up all night?
Bob

I was. Chris was up till the wee hours of the morning.

When I get pumped up about a review, especially for a TV I like, it's like drinking a Red Bull.
Plus it's good to get the evaluation done when it's dark outside since I don't have total light control.

Latest reviews:LG 65UB9800Samsung UN65HU8550UN65HU9000, UN85HU8550, LG 55EC9300, LG 55EA8800 (including 3D)

Why I don't publish settings, Review index and rankings, Florida tour Dec '14, Texas tour Jan '15
post #49 of 3284 Old 10-13-2011, 06:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Nice review my friend. If Sharp gets this just under 4k they will not be able to keep them in stock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #50 of 3284 Old 10-13-2011, 06:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook View Post

Nice review my friend. If Sharp gets this just under 4k they will not be able to keep them in stock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks buddy! BTW, I'll be down in your area again in December.

post #51 of 3284 Old 10-13-2011, 06:39 AM
Advanced Member

Thanks Chad as usual for your hard work & informative reviews.

Since you did not mention it in your review can you also state that you did not observe the darkened corners as others have said they did not see any vignetting on the 80632U display units at Fry`s & other B&M`s ? If not what do you think Sharp did to alleviate the vignetting versus the 70" displays ?

Regards, Ron
post #52 of 3284 Old 10-13-2011, 06:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox1 View Post

Thanks Chad as usual for your hard work & informative reviews.

Since you did not mention it in your review can you also state that you did not observe the darkened corners as others have said they did not see any vignetting on the 80632U display units at Fry`s & other B&M`s ? If not what do you think Sharp did to alleviate the vignetting versus the 70" displays ?

Regards, Ron

Thanks Ron!

Yes, that was where I was talking about white uniformity. It was excellent; I didn't see the darkened corners.
I have no idea why this set is so much better in both white and black uniformity than the 70s that I've been doing, but it sure is.

post #53 of 3284 Old 10-13-2011, 07:39 AM
Advanced Member

Chad where do you see the pros & cons of this 80" set versus the much more expensive 70" Elite in visual 2D PQ from a 12 to 14 ft. distance ?

IMO once the price dips below 4K on this unit quite a few of these will be sold before the Super Bowl and im sure Sharp marketing knew that. To get a 80" display for probably 1/3 less then what Sony will want for the much smaller 65" 929 will surely have the folks with larger viewing areas considering this set providing their not dead-set on 3D.

Regards, Ron
post #54 of 3284 Old 10-13-2011, 07:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Ron, unfortunately I have only seen the Elite at the CEDIA trade show. I haven't had the opportunity to get any hands on time with it yet.

post #55 of 3284 Old 10-13-2011, 08:51 AM
Advanced Member

Thanks for the review!

So, in layman's terms, its not perfect, but its a keeper?
post #56 of 3284 Old 10-13-2011, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjackkrash View Post

Thanks for the review!

So, in layman's terms, its not perfect, but its a keeper?

Glad to do it!

Yes, that about sums it up. Now I just hope uniformity on other samples match this one.

post #57 of 3284 Old 10-13-2011, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Chad , can You get back to us about your thoughts about the Elite models vs this display when you have a chance to mess with an Elite ?
I'm looking if the costs differences are worth this display over an Elite .

Kinda a " Bang-4-Buck " thing !!
I have a Sharp Aquos LC-60E88UN now in the living room (love this display ) last back lighted CFFL Sharp made IIRC
but I was wanting to place a larger display there
my main watching position is 11' back from the display So opinions are very welcome
thanx in advance
BTW that was a great concise review for us . I really want to thank you for your hard work .

Mike

post #58 of 3284 Old 10-13-2011, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Sure thing, thanks Mike!

post #59 of 3284 Old 10-13-2011, 12:00 PM
Advanced Member

Nice review Chad! That was a great read. I can't wait to see this one in person- really interested in how fast the picture falls off as viewing angle changes. I hope they sell a lot of these! Love the push into larger sizes. I'm hoping for even larger sets!
post #60 of 3284 Old 10-13-2011, 01:06 PM
Advanced Member

Re: Picture fall off. The display I saw in the store had some fall off, but, in my opinion, it was pretty watchable from 10-12 feet from at least a few feet on the outside of its edges. This gives a pretty good viewing area and I could see having a crowd over for super bowl and not feeling like the guys on the outside were getting completely tooled. Again, not perfect, but I was pretty impressed and was expecting it to be much worse.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sharp Aquos Lc60le632u 60 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv Black , Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page