LG 37LC7D not responsive to remotes and turning itself on/off - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 10-10-2011, 07:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi. I have a LG 37LC7D tv. About a week ago, the TV stopped responding to a remote control (both the TV remote and the cable box remote) and we'd have to adjust the volume and power manually on the set. Channels could still be changed using the cable remote, as this was done through the cable box rather than the set. We've tried using a surface mount IR receiver, and it didn't fix the problem. Today, the TV started turning itself on repeatedly. I'd turn it off, and in seconds it would be back on. I've tried unplugging the set to re-cycle it, but to no avail. Any advice on how to fix this new power problem and the lack of responsiveness to the remotes?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-10-2011, 09:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotpony View Post

Hi. I have a LG 37LC7D tv. About a week ago, the TV stopped responding to a remote control (both the TV remote and the cable box remote) and we'd have to adjust the volume and power manually on the set. Channels could still be changed using the cable remote, as this was done through the cable box rather than the set. We've tried using a surface mount IR receiver, and it didn't fix the problem. Today, the TV started turning itself on repeatedly. I'd turn it off, and in seconds it would be back on. I've tried unplugging the set to re-cycle it, but to no avail. Any advice on how to fix this new power problem and the lack of responsiveness to the remotes?

As on any TV, a lot of circuits at times may need to be reset to factory standards. I am not familiar with your TV. You may want to post on your TV model's owners thread here. Or, you may want to look it up in the instructions that came with your TV. Last option, call for help...

Welcome to AVS!
post #3 of 5 Old 10-10-2011, 10:33 AM

I remember that once I had a device that wouldn't respond to its remote--it might have been a DVD player or a receiver--I can't remember. I finally realized that there was another remote in the room (for a different device) which had something heavy on top of it that was pressing down the remote's buttons. The signals from the two remotes were interfering with each other.
post #4 of 5 Old 10-14-2011, 03:36 PM

I own a lg 37lc7d .It has been doing the same thing for about 4 months. First it was the remote unresponsiveness then sloooow start up. The problem is the power supply board has bad capacitors. i have puchased 2 new power supply boards that had the part numbers that LG said was the replacement for the original (EAY38669901) while the original part number is (EAX37617801). The Capacitors were definately leaking on my original board. Both replacements fire up as they should then the video but not the audio go into an endless 5 second loop of off and on! Both boards were either brand new or refurbished from lg. They appeared new. I have finally had enough of the ups tag with the supplier and decided to fix the board myself! Check out lcdalternatives . I would post link but AVS will not let me. I'll repost when i recieve the caps and let you know how things went.....
post #5 of 5 Old 10-24-2011, 05:11 PM

I installed the capacitors i bought from lcdalternitives. 1 hour and TV is as good as new. It was easier than i thought it would be. Very Pleased. Hope this helps......
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page