Hello all, I am in the market for a 32" LED/LCD HDTV that will primarily be used for video gaming. I want to replace a Panasonic Viera 22" 60hz 720p LCD TV that I bought last year.
My criteria are as follows:
- It MUST be no bigger than 32" due to space limitations.
- It must natively support 1080p resolution (so no 720p models, please)
- It MUST have an IPS panel; this a big deal for me in regards to input lag
- It MUST have very little to no input lag; I can live with a few frames, no more than 2 FPS lag, though
- It can be LED or LCD display, since plasmas don't come smaller than 40"
- My budget for this will be up to <$500; I can't honestly spend more than that
- It must be pretty decent as a PC monitor, but this would not be a deal-breaker for me if it wasn't
- I don't need a 3D TV at this time, so no mention of 3D models
- I don't need things like Netflix, Hulu, etc.; I own a PS3 that has all of that for me
- Any good deals that fit this criterion for Black Friday?
I am looking mainly at Panasonic, Sharp, or possibly LG if the panel lottery doesn't come into play. Are Sharps still considered good gaming TVs nowadays?
2 models that have caught my eye recently are:
Panasonic Viera TC-L32U3
Panasonic Viera TC-L32E3
What's the difference between LED and LCD PQ-wise? And which one is better for gaming?
Thanks in advance, all.