Official Hisense TV thread - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 105 Old 01-21-2014, 08:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

You can try the Android TV boxes. These are pretty decent and are pretty cheap as well. You can do all stuff with a very huge set of apps in Google playstore.

Minix Neo X7 works really well, plus Minix release frequent firmware updates.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 105 Old 01-21-2014, 08:50 PM

This was for "Lavabo".

Quote:

Originally Posted by androidsmart View Post

You can try the Android TV boxes. These are pretty decent and are pretty cheap as well. You can do all stuff with a very huge set of apps in Google playstore.

Minix Neo X7 works really well, plus Minix release frequent firmware updates.

post #93 of 105 Old 02-26-2014, 06:50 AM

Liked: 11
Hello, I just bought the 55k20dg, almost returned it before I discovered I wanted to disable the 120hz effect smile.gif

I was wondering if there was any way I could disable unused inputs.

Thank you
post #94 of 105 Old 03-02-2014, 08:39 PM

Liked: 15
Today I found the proverbial " needle in a haystack". My bedroom tv was a 7yr. old Samsung 42" plasma. Still doing a great job with the exception of some burn in, I couldn't bring myself to get rid of it UNTIL... I saw a "one-time offer" from Walmart (beginning today) for a Hisense 50", 1080p, 120hz tv for only $398. I have seen their 55" at Sam's Club and thought the pic was good, so I decided to take a chance. Arrived at Walmart where they just put the 6 tv's they received out. By the time I left there was 1 left (I also purchased a 4yr extended warranty for $46). Well, I got home set up the Hisense and I am truly blown away by the picture quality. After having spent $1700 for my Vizio 65" M series in Jan. I can't believe the bang for the buck on the Hisense. No, it doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but after hooking up my Samsung Blu-ray player the Hisense is now a "Smart tv". My only critique is that I can not figure out a way to turn off the soap opera effect. At the end of the day, I am beyond pleased...
post #95 of 105 Old 03-03-2014, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr852 View Post

Today I found the proverbial " needle in a haystack". My only critique is that I can not figure out a way to turn off the soap opera effect. At the end of the day, I am beyond pleased...

I have the 55 inch but I presume the settings are the same. Just disable the 120hz effect located in something like Video->Advanced Settings.

Has to be done for each input.
gsr852 likes this.
post #96 of 105 Old 03-03-2014, 09:59 AM

I just bought the new Hisense 55" Class 4K Smart LED Ultra HDTV 55T880UW at Costco. Learning a lesson that buying an expensive Samsung that is basically a throw away laptop computer was a waste of money. In my research I bought at Costco for 1499.00 because of the price, and for 100.00 more I have a 5 year warranty which is about how long any of these sets are going to last.

The days of buying quality and it lasting are gone. In my research I find that Hisense builds the Samsung TV's so why pay three times more  for something you will throw away in 5 years ? The only 4K set I saw that looked like poop was the Seiki. The Samsung, Visio, etc. were all 3000.00 Great in five years they get hauled to the dump. Bad investment.

When my TV is on cable mode my picture is good but not great, when I play a DVD the picture is amazing. People refer to buying the OPPO DVD players because it ups the signal to 4k, and you can run cable through it to greatly improve the picture watching network shows.

This whole thing reminds me when I bought my first HD TV and I put an antenna on my roof to get it free from the local networks because nobody was broadcasting in it yet.  In time this will get figured out. 

Open to any settings or tricks of the trade,look forward to hearing about them.

post #97 of 105 Old 03-03-2014, 02:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 269
I just bought a Sony KDL 40R45A 40" for my bedroom It is made by Foxcoon and has a Samsung panel (neither are necessarily bad things)

Hisense makes all of the Best buy Dynex/Insignia sets now since maybe 2010 ? (that would likley account for the improvement in those sets )I read that possibly TCL makes some Samsung sets could be Hisense also lots of brands use multiple suppliers . http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20131213PD200.html

The Soviet people feared the KGB was watching them through their TV's ........or listening to them through their radios, so they kept them turned off often when they wanted privacy .

Now the NSA/ DHS are in fact watching us with our computers cell phones surveillance cameras drones,satellites etc !

Last edited by tubetwister; 06-13-2014 at 07:39 PM.
post #98 of 105 Old 03-03-2014, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenf00t View Post

I have the 55 inch but I presume the settings are the same. Just disable the 120hz effect located in something like Video->Advanced Settings.

Has to be done for each input.

Thank you! When you say it has to be done for each input, are you referring to each of the picture settings?
post #99 of 105 Old 03-04-2014, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr852 View Post

Thank you! When you say it has to be done for each input, are you referring to each of the picture settings?

Anything you change in the video section is specefic to the currently active input. For example if you turn off the 120hz effect for HDMI1 it won't affect HDMI2 or any other input. If you want to also turn it off for HDMI2, you will have to select that input and do the changes again.

This is a good thing as I don't have the same video settings when I watch TV, my XBOX or a BlueRay. For example I always leave the 120Hz effect off except for my XBOX where I think it looks cool.
post #100 of 105 Old 04-24-2014, 02:12 AM

Any info on when the 2014 hisense TVs are gonna drop? Can't seem to find anything solid on these.
post #101 of 105 Old 05-03-2014, 05:23 PM

The 55T880UW is on sale at Costco this month for 35% off - after much research I'll be replacing my old (dying) Pioneer 5060 tomorrow! Costco will make it a total of 5 yrs of warranty for less than $100. I usually hate extra warranties but that's too cheap not to buy!
post #102 of 105 Old 05-06-2014, 03:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Too bad the days of the Costco lifetime return policy is long gone around 2007
post #103 of 105 Old 05-09-2014, 10:44 AM

They still have their "unlimited" satisfaction/return policy in place for things that people generally aren't going to abuse. Returning a TV/computer after 5-10 years because you want the new one isn't what they had in mind with a 100% satisfaction guarantee, but obviously that's what prompted the change. Still EXTREMELY fair warranties though!
post #104 of 105 Old 05-25-2014, 01:13 PM

They have it now at 1399
post #105 of 105 Old 05-28-2014, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamY87 View Post

So we bought the TV and boy am I amazed the phenomenal image and color quality that is being displayed by our new Hisense TV!!! Noticed that the site mentions that the device has a digital coaxial output but in reality, the TV has an optical output instead; Sadly though, per manual, the TV only outputs surround sound for over the air TV viewing and not from any HDMI inputs onto the optical output. Because bills had to get paid and what-not, the things us Adults have to pay, we could not afford any surround sound system at this time but the bottom line is, WE both love the tv and though it has not yet been setup in our living room and rather put on top of our dresser in our room, at 40" the TV does look pretty big and playing our WiiU games on it makes the experience just as magical, even without any surround sound system being used. That, will have to wait.

For all TV and BluRay Viewing, I connect all outputs (from DirecTV and BluRay player) directly to my receiver. Any decent AV receiver will have a HDMI output for a monitor (your TV). Never ever rely on the TV for any sound. Allow your receiver to do all the decoding of Surround and use your TV for viewing content only.

Not a Sermon, Just a Thought.

-W (babylon5fan)
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Hisense 65k560dw 65 Inch 3d Internet Led Hdtv , Hisense 55 Inch 3d Internet Led Hdtv 55t710dw
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page