post #121 of 123 Old 10-13-2014, 06:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenf00t View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by gsr852

Today I found the proverbial " needle in a haystack". My only critique is that I can not figure out a way to turn off the soap opera effect. At the end of the day, I am beyond pleased...

I have the 55 inch but I presume the settings are the same. Just disable the 120hz effect located in something like Video->Advanced Settings.

Has to be done for each input.
when you disable the 120hz doesnt that make the TV 60Hz ?

btw how is the motion blur and input lag on these TVs?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 123 Old 10-14-2014, 04:32 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunaz View Post
when you disable the 120hz doesnt that make the TV 60Hz ?

btw how is the motion blur and input lag on these TVs?
Regarding motion blur are and input lag are acceptable for me. But based on the discussions I am seeing on these and other 30Hz 4k sets it is very dependent on your expectations. I don't notice any thing too different when moving my mouse cursor and grabbing a window and moving it around vs. 60Hz on another LCD monitor. Given the higher resolution I had to increase the mouse sensitivity to be able to span the available windows space with a typical mouse movement. Otherwise it can be frustrating having to move the mouse, pick it up/down and move it again. Not using it for gaming and don't expect to.

One thing I learned is that in order to use the Nvidia 60Hz with HDMI 1.4 feature your TV needs to support it as well YUV4:2:0. In my Nvidia control panel I only see the option for 4:4:4 YUV and RGB. So I can't set YUV4:2:0. My guess is the Hisense does not support this mode. I also do not get any option to do 60Hz about 1080p resolutions.

Can someone confirm the latest FW revision. My set is showing "version: V00.01.100a.E0317" and when I try to do a FW update via the internet on the TV it says I have the latest version. But on the Hisense website the latest rev is "D1104".
post #123 of 123 Old 10-19-2014, 06:35 PM

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Any info on pc gaming on the 4k Hisense? I'm looking for 4k@60hz and 1080@120hz, I have a titan and the 4:2:0 does not bother me. Is the 65H8CG limited to 30hz at 4k?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Hisense 65k560dw 65 Inch 3d Internet Led Hdtv , Hisense 55 Inch 3d Internet Led Hdtv 55t710dw
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page