Official Hisense TV thread - Page 6 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
post #151 of 175 Old 08-03-2015, 11:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looking for video calibration settings for my new Hisense 40H5B, found these recommended settings in PC Mag. Written about the 40H4 Roku-inside sets, I applied them to my 40H5B and found it helped a lot:
"[We found] the best setting for our tests to be Normal picture mode, Warm color temperature, Brightness at 40, and Contrast at 56".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 175 Old 10-26-2015, 06:09 AM

HiSense 4k 50"

Hi everyone

I have just purchased a 4k 50" HiSense TV from Walmart for $548 after my other tv bit the dust after being in storage for a while during a new house build. I must say I have been very impressed with this set so far.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hisense-50...-x-2K/44465836

The picture is very good when being fed a 1080i and p signal, 720p is also great. SD content is a bit of a cluster but that is about par for the course with many larger flat screens. 4k content is stunning.....now the quality is not as great as say a 2 grand samsung, but for the money it is stunning. I have it hooked up to my alienware alpha, and gaming is great on this set with hardly any input lag to speak of, same with my xbone as well. Blu rays are incredible to watch.

I am looking for some help with calibrating a little further though. This is not my first rodeo so I think I have it dialed in rather well, but a tweaker must tweak. Does anyone else have this set? What settings are you using?
post #153 of 175 Old 12-01-2015, 09:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Uhh...

My tv mart got a 65 inch Hisense 65H7B on display for $1199 non-sale price... and it literally destroyed the Vizio Ms.
The viewing angle was insane. No clouding. Broadcast upscaling looked great while the vizios was blocky and cloudish.

And now I've read about the 65H10B2. Wow. Can't wait for these to get into the stores.
post #154 of 175 Old 12-03-2015, 02:48 PM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by defdog99 View Post
Uhh...

My tv mart got a 65 inch Hisense 65H7B on display for $1199 non-sale price... and it literally destroyed the Vizio Ms.
The viewing angle was insane. No clouding. Broadcast upscaling looked great while the vizios was blocky and cloudish.

And now I've read about the 65H10B2. Wow. Can't wait for these to get into the stores.
The H10B2 has it's own thread on here, search for "Hisense 65H10B", no 2 at the end. It's been available for awhile on Amazon (only there still)... It started out at $3000 and is down to $2500. Seems to be great for the money for sure...

So I came here looking for info on the H7B2, there isn't enough on Amazon... can you tell me if it's an IPS panel? It sounds like it if the viewing angle was insane and that would mean poor contrast/black levels but I'd like to know for sure... also, is it edge lit or rear array lit and if it is rear array does it have dimming zones?

Also, where did you see it for $1199? It's $100 more on amazon.

Thank in advance for any help you can provide!

Last edited by danbfree; 12-03-2015 at 02:54 PM.
post #155 of 175 Old 12-04-2015, 09:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbfree View Post
Also, where did you see it for $1199? It's $100 more on amazon.
The salesmen knew nothing because it was so new on the floor. nfm.com
(and yeah, same reason for me visiting this thread. I was all set to get a vizio-M but this picture was so much better.)
post #156 of 175 Old 12-04-2015, 10:47 AM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by defdog99 View Post
The salesmen knew nothing because it was so new on the floor. nfm.com
(and yeah, same reason for me visiting this thread. I was all set to get a vizio-M but this picture was so much better.)
Darn, NFM doesn't have it online... since I want to use as a computer monitor as well, not sure I could get past no 4:4:4 chroma with 4K@60Hz.. guess it's time to start saving for the H10B2 or hopefully a flat version for a little less soon...
post #157 of 175 Old 12-27-2015, 11:40 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hey guys, question here about your interactions with Hisense Customer Care:

Have any of you needed to use your warranty for your tvs? Their CSRs so far seem to have a hard time following up or conforming to their own policies. I purchased one of the 55H7B tvs that was on sale at walmart for a sweet $450. This tv has sweet specs but the optical is very distorted and only outputs on the left channel. They said a part must be broken and advised they'd call me when my receipt was confirmed. A week or so with no calls later, I called and was told they didnt have the part and it was being ordered. and about two weeks later, I called to check up and they said theyd give me a call back. I'm feeling a little distressed here with their level of support.
post #158 of 175 Old 12-27-2015, 11:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Automatikjack View Post
Hey guys, question here about your interactions with Hisense Customer Care:

Have any of you needed to use your warranty for your tvs? Their CSRs so far seem to have a hard time following up or conforming to their own policies. I purchased one of the 55H7B tvs that was on sale at walmart for a sweet $450. This tv has sweet specs but the optical is very distorted and only outputs on the left channel. They said a part must be broken and advised they'd call me when my receipt was confirmed. A week or so with no calls later, I called and was told they didnt have the part and it was being ordered. and about two weeks later, I called to check up and they said theyd give me a call back. I'm feeling a little distressed here with their level of support.

Too many cooks in the kitchen, which is outsourced who knows where.

Heck even I had the same issue recently with Amazon, but it was not a TV issue. I had a similar issue with Samsung and a broken LCD.

Who needs 4K?... just go see your optometrist.

Last edited by NODES; 12-27-2015 at 11:56 PM.
post #159 of 175 Old 12-28-2015, 07:59 PM

Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Firmware Update issue

I have the Hisense 50H7GB 50" 4K and it tries to download new firmware. I have V00.01.00a.F1120. It wants to update to F1121. When I click on Upgrade it goes to a download status screen but nothing gets downloaded. The progress bar stays at 0%. The set is connected to the internet. Has anyone had this issue?
post #160 of 175 Old 12-31-2015, 02:49 AM

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Just received a 65H7B2 4k.
Anyone has this model?
post #161 of 175 Old 12-31-2015, 04:23 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRK View Post
Just received a 65H7B2 4k.
Anyone has this model?
I purchased a 65H7B2 4K at NFM for $799 delivered. Picture is near perfect out of the box I only changed the color to warm and the sound to theater. The sound is better then my sound bar with extremely clear voices. Great purchase.

Also the 55" Model 4K was only $419 on 12/29.
post #162 of 175 Old 01-01-2016, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlohban View Post
I purchased a 65H7B2 4K at NFM for $799 delivered. Picture is near perfect out of the box I only changed the color to warm and the sound to theater. The sound is better then my sound bar with extremely clear voices. Great purchase.

Also the 55" Model 4K was only $419 on 12/29.
Nebraska Furniture Mart? I don't see it up on their website.
post #163 of 175 Old 01-01-2016, 09:33 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Does anyone have the HiSense 55" LED HDTV 1080P set model 55H6B ? I bought one yesterday at my local walmart for $338!
If any of you have had a chance to dial in some pretty good picture detail settings, would you mind posting them here so I could enter them into my set as well? I'm not very savvy on the video calibration of any kind.

Thanks so much!
post #164 of 175 Old 01-01-2016, 09:35 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Does anyone have the HiSense 55" LED HDTV 1080P set model 55H6B ? I bought one yesterday at my local walmart for $338!
If any of you have had a chance to dial in some pretty good picture detail settings, would you mind posting them here so I could enter them into my set as well? I'm not very savvy on the video calibration of any kind.

Thanks so much!
post #165 of 175 Old 01-01-2016, 05:06 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Automatikjack View Post
Nebraska Furniture Mart? I don't see it up on their website.
It is not on the website but is on display at KCK store.
post #166 of 175 Old 01-02-2016, 07:26 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Does anyone have calibration settings for a 55H6SG ?
Would they be the same for the 55H6B ?

Denon AVR-X4200W receiver
Gallo Strada 2 fronts + Mapleshade stands
Gallo A'diva SE surrounds
HSU VTF-2 sub
Hisense 55H6SG 55" smart TV
post #167 of 175 Old 01-14-2016, 09:42 AM

Just FYI: if I did everything correctly it looks like the 65H7B2 supports Chroma 4:4:4 @ 60hz @ UHD Resolution.

Last edited by TinyRK; 01-17-2016 at 07:17 AM.
post #168 of 175 Old 01-17-2016, 09:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlohban View Post
Yeah the 65 inch ones is $880 ($979 - 10% + free delivery) this week at nfm.com (by the way you guys. Call them They deliver around the world. Not sure about free if you live in alaska)
post #169 of 175 Old 01-29-2016, 06:04 PM
AVS Special Member

OK I caved. I was going to wait for a quantum dot hisense to hit, but nfm had the 65h7b for $685 delivered 24 month financing! lol

I'll wait for TVs with the whole HDR seal of approval in a couple years.
post #170 of 175 Unread 02-03-2016, 08:16 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Does anyone have any proper specs on the 65H7B? Response time, input lag, panel type? I get that this brand seems to be something of a punch-line, but I'm baffled at the complete lack of information. Nothing on RTings, nothing on CNET. Every "review" I've found seems to sit somewhere between subjective nonsense ("looks good", "seems fine", etc.) and thinly veiled marketing material. If Hisense is really that bad, then I'd expect an abundance of data to support that assertion. But so far, I haven't had much luck finding any actual performance metrics/measurements (either good or bad).
post #171 of 175 Unread 02-03-2016, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisKlink View Post
Does anyone have any proper specs on the 65H7B? Response time, input lag, panel type? I get that this brand seems to be something of a punch-line, but I'm baffled at the complete lack of information. Nothing on RTings, nothing on CNET. Every "review" I've found seems to sit somewhere between subjective nonsense ("looks good", "seems fine", etc.) and thinly veiled marketing material. If Hisense is really that bad, then I'd expect an abundance of data to support that assertion. But so far, I haven't had much luck finding any actual performance metrics/measurements (either good or bad).
Hisense doesn't even list the 65H7B2 on their website.
Support is a joke - I asked for a pdf of the manual, thy referred me to their website, where this model is not listed. 2nd email stayed unanswered.
For $1000 it wasn't a bad TV - even though I returned two, because of a bright spot on the one and the other because of some kind of hair between LCD and glass.

It's a $1000 TV with a 120Hz Panel and a 4 year warranty. And that's it.

I upgraded to a 65JS8500 - I'd rather pay double and and have all the ****s and bells just in case I need them
Justified it just like a mattress: you spend so much time with it, you better spend some $$$
post #172 of 175 Unread 02-03-2016, 10:50 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Support is a joke - I asked for a pdf of the manual, thy referred me to their website, where this model is not listed. 2nd email stayed unanswered.
For $1000 it wasn't a bad TV - even though I returned two, because of a bright spot on the one and the other because of some kind of hair between LCD and glass.

I upgraded to a 65JS8500 - I'd rather pay double and and have all the ****s and bells just in case I need them
Justified it just like a mattress: you spend so much time with it, you better spend some $$$
I was actually just looking at the 65JS8500 as well... Thanks for the response!
post #173 of 175 Unread 02-10-2016, 03:39 AM

hi,

i have a Hisense UB50EC591UWTSEU. I live in Europe and was wondering about the apps in the vidda lite programm. i doesn´t seem to have a lot of the apps from the major tv stations here. i also couldn´t find a twitch app. is there a site somewhere where all the apps are listed? are the working on getting more apps to vidaa lite?
i tried to work with the tv browser and add the media center from the tv stations there. the videos workes but it is not really convenient to work with the browser.
and twitch couldn´t lad videos in the browser.

thanks for ur help
btw if someone could post a link for optimal picture settings for the
UB50EC591UWTSEU i would be very happy.
post #174 of 175 Unread 02-18-2016, 09:24 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
post #175 of 175 Unread 04-01-2016, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisKlink View Post
Their tvs have impressive specs, however what I noticed from my H7B was lack strange/terrible software and customer support issues. Optical and arc were useless for surround, and the company seemed incapable of maintaining their agreement. (Multiple 7+ inbound calls with promises of confirmations, returned calls or any outbound comms)

That aside, the contrast was fairly decent, but had a dark zone around the edges of the tv about 2" inward.

Input lag time was very noticeable, pc gaming had lag time that was markedly different compared to the screen in my laptop enough to where my performance was affected.

these issue combined caused an outright return.

I can't say I know anything about the other models performance, but from my month of testing I would say it would be mandatory to get at least a 4k streaming device for smart functionality and a 4k receiver if you intend to use surround sound (or your sanity intact).

My last consideration is to try and compare the motion on this tv go others. I noticed with or without weird artifacting/glitches from the tv as a result of it trying to draw intermediate frames In scenes with little motion.
Quote:

I agree. Their interests in the American market seems, half-baked. Due to cost constraints (full time student) they had an amazing offer, but paying cheap price for a barely functional product is silly when you compare it to other offerings in the industry.

I ended up getting a 60" M series for a steal on clearance and there are still some wonky issues with the fledgling smart functionality they offer but I consider the performance superior for my purposes and the input lag closely matches my laptop.

Will I continue to watch hisenses forays? Sure. Will I consider buying their products maybe not so sure, but newer ventures have growing pains and CS is big here.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Vizio M60-C3
Sony STR-DH700 (SS-MF 400H Towers, JBL HLS Center and SS-B1000 Rears)

"Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own problems." - Scott Adams
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Hisense 65k560dw 65 Inch 3d Internet Led Hdtv , Hisense 55 Inch 3d Internet Led Hdtv 55t710dw
Gear in this thread

taboola here