Official Hisense TV thread - Page 7 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

post #181 of 208 Old 06-15-2016, 09:27 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 631 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Buying the Samsung 800D at Costco is not a bargain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgxsvcd View Post
Have you considered buying the 65" KS8000/KS800 for about $500 more?

You mean KS8000/KS800D? Yes. Too large for the room.

Did you know that buying the KS800D from Costco is not that much of a bargain?

• 1. The set is a little less expensive elsewhere, and retailer's outside of Costco compete in one or more ways:

a) include the extended warranty in the price
b) supplement your TV with free merchandise, such as a sound bar
c) retailer's pay the sales tax (such as Fry's)

• 2. Costco charges sales tax on the pre-rebate cost. Other retailer's do not.
• 3. You save < $30 on the SquareTrade warranty from Costco.
• 4. You can use a credit card at any retailer to extend the manufacturer's warranty by one year.

The primary advantages when buying from Costco:

• 1. 90 days return, not 15-30 day return privilege
• 2. SquareTrade "warranty" is slightly less expensive.

Last edited by PeninsulaMark; 06-15-2016 at 09:30 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 208 Old 07-16-2016, 01:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Careful, there have been reports of different panels used in the costco/sams club tvs vs regular retailers when it comes to samsung tvs.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Vizio M60-C3
Sony STR-DH700 (SS-MF 400H Towers, JBL HLS Center and SS-B1000 Rears)

"Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own problems." - Scott Adams
post #183 of 208 Old 08-15-2016, 11:08 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
How do I get the Opera browser updated so it will play current video online content? I did a OS update recently, but that didn't seem to help.

post #184 of 208 Old 12-14-2016, 08:18 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
My TV is bricked 55H7B. Please help. Possibly needs firmware update!!!

Can someone shed some light on this. Does any one possibly have the latest firmware upgrade for this TV that they can share with me? I was on another thread for the 55H9B2 and used the firmware upgrade on a thumdrive to add HDR and it worked perfectly. Me being an idiot decided to use the same firmware for the 557B2 and it just messed the picture up. Half the screen is snowy white and the other half is green. I have tried everything. Unplugged the TV and plugged it back in. Held down the power button for 30 seconds while unplugged. Nothing works. I am looking for the file to revert it back to the original firmware to see if the fixes the issue. Any insight would be helpful.
post #185 of 208 Old 01-09-2017, 05:16 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can the youtube 4k video actually be played in 4k on H6? Stats for nerds says dimension is 1920*1080
post #186 of 208 Old 01-10-2017, 06:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by realdreams View Post
Can the youtube 4k video actually be played in 4k on H6? Stats for nerds says dimension is 1920*1080
Is your internet speed fast enough on the TV? Ive seen reports elsewhere that the wifi speed is not enough to stream 4k.
post #187 of 208 Old 02-15-2017, 03:47 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Hisense 65H8c for $724.99 at BB

From slickdeals.net.

Hisense 65" H8C 4K Smart with HDR10 + 4yr Warranty $724.99 @ best buy w/VC(Visa CheckOut)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hisen...ategoryId=

Note: Currently requires Elite or Elite Plus Rewards status

On sale for 4 days is the Hisense 65" H8C 4K Smart HDR (HDR10) $725 @ best buy with visa checkout (otherwise $749.99)
post #188 of 208 Old 02-16-2017, 09:50 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingu808 View Post
From slickdeals.net.

Hisense 65" H8C 4K Smart with HDR10 + 4yr Warranty $724.99 @ best buy w/VC(Visa CheckOut)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hisen...ategoryId=

Note: Currently requires Elite or Elite Plus Rewards status

On sale for 4 days is the Hisense 65" H8C 4K Smart HDR (HDR10) $725 @ best buy with visa checkout (otherwise $749.99)
I purchased this today for my living room. It's apparently an improved panel over their 55" being 10 bit 4:4:4 and 83%+ of DCI-P3 with local dimming.

The deal is open to non-elite members now.

Here's a quick floor demo look at them

Viewing angles seem to be improved over the 55.
post #189 of 208 Old 02-16-2017, 10:19 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamagrad03 View Post
I purchased this today for my living room. It's apparently an improved panel over their 55" being 10 bit 4:4:4 and 83%+ of DCI-P3 with local dimming.

Here's a quick floor demo look at them https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csB6YoltxPA

This deal is available to me. I'm tempted to pick it up. I wanted a 70" TV but at this price it's hard to pass up. Plus I live in a 3rd floor walkup and I need Best Buy to carry it up the stairs.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
post #190 of 208 Old 02-16-2017, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post
This deal is available to me. I'm tempted to pick it up. I wanted a 70" TV but at this price it's hard to pass up. Plus I live in a 3rd floor walkup and I need Best Buy to carry it up the stairs.
My TV is on the 3rd floor as well. Im guessing if you throw the delivery guys a $20, they'll take care of you.
post #191 of 208 Old 02-16-2017, 10:56 AM

Quote:
My TV is on the 3rd floor as well. Im guessing if you throw the delivery guys a $20, they'll take care of you.
I called up. Apparently they stopped offering the free "put it on the stand" service 9mos ago. Now they charge $50. Of course they don't list this anywhere on the website. All they need to do is lift it 1ft and place it on the stand and walk away and I have to pay $50 for that, plus $15 to haul away my old set.

My budget is $1000. I already have a Shield TV, UHD Blu-Ray player and HDCP 2.2 receiver. Is it worth spending a little more or is this a good TV? My main issue is I need someone to carry it up the steps and put it on the stand. I also need a haul-away of my old set. I also like their return/exchange policy and the 4yr warranty.

So for me it looks like Best Buy is my only choice. It seems like a good deal but I'll be buying this blind.

Last edited by DaveFi; 02-16-2017 at 02:57 PM.
post #192 of 208 Old 02-16-2017, 03:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Well, that is disappointing news : on that YouTube video at the CES 2017 Hisense booth the rep stated that the upcoming Hisense 75H10D top-of-the-line UHDTV will have a msrp of $6K, not the $3.5K mentioned elsewhere.

I was expecting Hisense to come out of gates on pricing/features/specs to be an effective challenger to Samsung/Sony/LG here in the USA to gain more market share of high-end UHDTV sets but i think by setting msrp so high for this particular model the company will face some stiff competition from those three well-established and reputable companies.

Hopefully Hisense will become aware of this blunder for its marketing plans for the USA market and lower msrp accordingly ?
post #193 of 208 Old 02-16-2017, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCaugusto View Post
Well, that is disappointing news : on that YouTube video at the CES 2017 Hisense booth the rep stated that the upcoming Hisense 75H10D top-of-the-line UHDTV will have a msrp of $6K, not the $3.5K mentioned elsewhere.

I was expecting Hisense to come out of gates on pricing/features/specs to be an effective challenger to Samsung/Sony/LG here in the USA to gain more market share of high-end UHDTV sets but i think by setting msrp so high for this particular model the company will face some stiff competition from those three well-established and reputable companies.

Hopefully Hisense will become aware of this blunder for its marketing plans for the USA market and lower msrp accordingly ?
Such a huge price difference between the 65H8C and the 70" version. IMO it's not worth it.

I'm going to order the 65H8C. I'll stop into Best Buy tomorrow and talk to them about delivery charges. I already got someone's name in the store saying they'll only charge me $50. If they try to overcharge me I'll just cancel.

post #194 of 208 Old 02-16-2017, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCaugusto View Post

I think the sweet spot for Hisense is the 9D series. And the 75" is MSRP'd at $2500. I'm guessing they'll be around $1800 street price when they come out ~April.

I also think there was some confusion on pricing at CES, because all the prices I've seen are much lower than what was quoted there for Hisense stuff.
post #195 of 208 Old 02-16-2017, 10:23 PM

Uh oh, I think I made a mistake. Can the 65H8C do judder free 24fps? Even my 7yr old 1080p Sharp can. I automatically assumed since it was a true 10bit HDR10 set it could do this. I can't cancel my order now.

Edit: I cancelled. 60Hz display. I can't go back from 120Hz now.

Last edited by DaveFi; 02-17-2017 at 07:39 AM.
post #196 of 208 Old 02-17-2017, 07:53 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:

Can you confirm if the native apps actually do display in 4K/HDR? A commenter on Slickdeals indicated that he only got real 4K/HDR when playing apps through something like a Roku or Shield.
post #197 of 208 Old 02-17-2017, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanbboy View Post
Can you confirm if the native apps actually do display in 4K/HDR? A commenter on Slickdeals indicated that he only got real 4K/HDR when playing apps through something like a Roku or Shield.
Mine is being delivered today. I will check it both native and external (I have an Nvidia Shield) and report back.
post #198 of 208 Old 02-17-2017, 10:53 AM

Upgrade or Downgrade From What I Currently Have?

Hello,

I currently have a Samsung un65h6350 (65 inch LCD 1080P Smart TV). I am thinking about selling it and getting the Hisense 65H8C. In your opinion, is this a upgrade on downgrade? From a specs prospective, the Hisense has the Samsung beat. I am not sure what to do. Thanks in advance....
post #199 of 208 Old 02-17-2017, 08:57 PM

Cross posting my review that I just wrote on SlickDeals. This is for the 65h8c

I'm going to post a video/YouTube review of this tomorrow but here's a few quick thoughts now that I've had half a day to play with it:

For the money, at this size, nothing comes close to this TV. No, it's not going to run with a KS8000, a 930D, or even the LG 8500. But it's closer to those in quality than they are in price. I'll just say that. And I'd take this over a Vizio E all day long, probably a Vizio M as well (which is a TV I actually like a lot).

Blacks, colors, and contrast are good. I lucked out and got a panel with very little black uniformity issues (so they do exist with these). There's some there, but nothing like the Sharp 70UQ I have elsewhere in the house. I've got a tiny bit of flashlighting, but nothing major.

Youtube plays in 1080p native for me. Still looks good. Looks wonderful from my Nvidia Shield at 4K.

This TV is bright, and has excellent viewing angles. I'd be shocked if this wasn't 70ish nits brighter than the Vizio M series. Rtings will probably sort that out eventually. And that means it'll do HDR more justice, though probably still not bright enough to take full advantage.

Colors seem to be this TV's strong suit, but out of the box they're hammered. Way over saturated.

If you want to see where this TV falls short, go find the Sony Contrast Demo on YouTube. It can't perform on that demo the way the 930/940D can in the store. And it'll show you were the worst of your black uniformity issues are. If you can make it through this demo and come out the other side OK with this TV, then you'll be completely happy - because this is almost a torture test for LEDs, shining a light on them in the most unflattering way possible.

Also, while 4K content does look really good on this TV, it's not the show stopping level of detail you find on a top level LED. Something about this set just feels a touch soft. It's not bad, the picture is actually excellent. But not /quite/ the level I've seen in more expensive sets.

All in all, this is a budget hero for people who know something about TVs and wouldn't be happy with the lower tier options, but want a lower tier price. The best way I can describe this set is that it's an excellent 80/20 solution, where if you need that last 20 you're going to pay for it.

I purchased this TV for a living room in an open floorplan so I could see it from bad angles while cooking. I didn't buy it for my media room - that purchase is still pending. I had no expectations of this TV being good enough to fulfill a theater room level of expectation. But honestly, one could do a lot worse than one of these in their main movie watching theater/media room (if only a bit larger). Especially at this price.

I was considering a Vizio M and a Vizio P for that application. As well as a Sony 850D. I really don't have the money for 940D territory, though that is a clearly superior set. I'd imagine this TV falls somewhere between the M and the P. And if their forthcoming 75" 9D series is sub 2 grand street price (which I think it will be), I'll pick one up. If they make a 75" in this series, I'd strongly consider it, because nothing is going to touch it for the money.
post #200 of 208 Old 02-18-2017, 02:35 AM

Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Cross posting my review that I just wrote on SlickDeals. This is for the 65h8c

I'm going to post a video/YouTube review of this tomorrow but here's a few quick thoughts now that I've had half a day to play with it:

For the money, at this size, nothing comes close to this TV. No, it's not going to run with a KS8000, a 930D, or even the LG 8500. But it's closer to those in quality than they are in price. I'll just say that. And I'd take this over a Vizio E all day long, probably a Vizio M as well (which is a TV I actually like a lot).

Blacks, colors, and contrast are good. I lucked out and got a panel with very little black uniformity issues (so they do exist with these). There's some there, but nothing like the Sharp 70UQ I have elsewhere in the house. I've got a tiny bit of flashlighting, but nothing major.

Youtube plays in 1080p native for me. Still looks good. Looks wonderful from my Nvidia Shield at 4K.

This TV is bright, and has excellent viewing angles. I'd be shocked if this wasn't 70ish nits brighter than the Vizio M series. Rtings will probably sort that out eventually. And that means it'll do HDR more justice, though probably still not bright enough to take full advantage.

Colors seem to be this TV's strong suit, but out of the box they're hammered. Way over saturated.

If you want to see where this TV falls short, go find the Sony Contrast Demo on YouTube. It can't perform on that demo the way the 930/940D can in the store. And it'll show you were the worst of your black uniformity issues are. If you can make it through this demo and come out the other side OK with this TV, then you'll be completely happy - because this is almost a torture test for LEDs, shining a light on them in the most unflattering way possible.

Also, while 4K content does look really good on this TV, it's not the show stopping level of detail you find on a top level LED. Something about this set just feels a touch soft. It's not bad, the picture is actually excellent. But not /quite/ the level I've seen in more expensive sets.

All in all, this is a budget hero for people who know something about TVs and wouldn't be happy with the lower tier options, but want a lower tier price. The best way I can describe this set is that it's an excellent 80/20 solution, where if you need that last 20 you're going to pay for it.

I purchased this TV for a living room in an open floorplan so I could see it from bad angles while cooking. I didn't buy it for my media room - that purchase is still pending. I had no expectations of this TV being good enough to fulfill a theater room level of expectation. But honestly, one could do a lot worse than one of these in their main movie watching theater/media room (if only a bit larger). Especially at this price.

I was considering a Vizio M and a Vizio P for that application. As well as a Sony 850D. I really don't have the money for 940D territory, though that is a clearly superior set. I'd imagine this TV falls somewhere between the M and the P. And if their forthcoming 75" 9D series is sub 2 grand street price (which I think it will be), I'll pick one up. If they make a 75" in this series, I'd strongly consider it, because nothing is going to touch it for the money.

Have you tried 480p & 720p content? How well does the TV upscale. I'm thinking of getting this as a temporary set which will be used for mostly watching TV shows, Cable content and the occasional UHD bluray and then swapping it to the bedroom once i can get afford a 930D.

Thanks for your review.

Living Room: Pre-Pro- Marantz AV7702, Amps- Crown X1500 & XLS1000(5). Mains- RTi12, Center- CSi5, SR- RTiA1, SRB-RTi8, Atmos- 620RT(4), Sub- RBH I-12 & BIC F12, TV-LG55LB7200, PJ-Benq HT1075, Screen 106", UBD- Samsung K8500, Bluray-LGBP440, Misc- Nvidia Shield, Apple TV, Chromecast, DSTV HD PVR, Wii U, DVP-5000s.
Bedroom:AVR- Marantz SR5009, Mains-75T, TV-VIZIO E500i-B1, Bluray-iVid BD780, Misc- Fire TV, Chromecast Audio, Sennheiser RS170, DSTV HD, QNAP TS-451+.
post #201 of 208 Old 02-18-2017, 06:17 AM

I haven't looked at 480p content but I have looked at broadcast HD (720p/1080i) content. I'd say the scaler is above average for sure. Not as good as Sony's, but certainly better than Vizio.

And scaled 1080p content looks fantastic.
post #202 of 208 Old 02-18-2017, 11:57 AM

Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
I haven't looked at 480p content but I have looked at broadcast HD (720p/1080i) content. I'd say the scaler is above average for sure. Not as good as Sony's, but certainly better than Vizio.

And scaled 1080p content looks fantastic.
Thank you

Living Room: Pre-Pro- Marantz AV7702, Amps- Crown X1500 & XLS1000(5). Mains- RTi12, Center- CSi5, SR- RTiA1, SRB-RTi8, Atmos- 620RT(4), Sub- RBH I-12 & BIC F12, TV-LG55LB7200, PJ-Benq HT1075, Screen 106", UBD- Samsung K8500, Bluray-LGBP440, Misc- Nvidia Shield, Apple TV, Chromecast, DSTV HD PVR, Wii U, DVP-5000s.
Bedroom:AVR- Marantz SR5009, Mains-75T, TV-VIZIO E500i-B1, Bluray-iVid BD780, Misc- Fire TV, Chromecast Audio, Sennheiser RS170, DSTV HD, QNAP TS-451+.
post #203 of 208 Old 02-18-2017, 01:28 PM

OK guys, I made a quick little YouTube/video review of this set. I've done YT videos before, but not for product reviews, so it's probably not the best, but maybe will give you some insight on this particular set.

tripod39 likes this.
post #204 of 208 Old 02-19-2017, 02:11 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I just ordered the 65 inch version with HDR from Best Buy with delivery for Friday. I have a question about sound set up. I currently have a Sony sound bar with HDMI Passthrough but it does not pass through 4K. So, what I was thinking was routing my Apple TV and Blu-ray player through the sound bar to HDMI three on the TV and then my TiVo 4K bolt direct to the TV on HDMI four. I'll hook up the optical cable from the TV back to the sound bar to hear sound from the TV apps and the TiVo Does this sound right?

Also, what is the height from the bottom of the stand to the actual viewing area of the TV. I've got a 3 inch in height Sony sound bar and I'm hoping it's not going to cover up any of the TV.
post #205 of 208 Old 02-19-2017, 09:54 AM

I think that sounds right. Just make sure you use 3 and 4 exclusively for any 4K content, since 1 and 2 are HDMI 1.4 inputs.

I believe the feet add 1.7" of height to the set. The bezel is pretty thin. You may have a little tiny bit covered.
jtrippe likes this.
post #206 of 208 Old Yesterday, 10:34 AM

Samsung VS Hisense - Need Help Please....

Hello,

I currently have a Samsung un65h6350 (65 inch LCD 1080P Smart TV). I am thinking about selling it and getting the Hisense 65H8C. In your opinion, is this a upgrade on downgrade? From a specs prospective, the Hisense has the Samsung beat. I am not sure what to do. Thanks in advance....
post #207 of 208 Old Yesterday, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer123 View Post
Hello,

Honestly, it depends on how much 4k content you want to watch. The 6350 is a really nice TV. If you are planning on watching a lot of 4K content, and are budget minded, then yes I'd move to the Hisense.

But where you'll gain 4K, (some) HDR, and better viewing angles, you'd probably take a step back in terms of black uniformity.

If you aren't watching a lot of 4K content, I'd hold off until the 4k/HDR/Dolby Vision stuff matures a bit, and buy a set that takes full advantage.
post #208 of 208 Old Today, 06:24 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
65H8C HDR question

Hi, I scored the 65H8C from BB this weekend when it was on sale for $750.

Question about HDR;

I have a roku premier+ which supports HDR output, I also have both amazon prime video and a netflix 4k subscription. The roku is hooked up via an HDMI cable that supports 4k/HDR to HDMI input 4 on the TV.

The HDMI function setting was set to enhanced on the TV.

Is there a pop up window/alert that notifies me when viewing HDR content? Or is there a button to push on the remote to see if what I am viewing is in HDR?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Hisense 65k560dw 65 Inch 3d Internet Led Hdtv , Hisense 55 Inch 3d Internet Led Hdtv 55t710dw
Gear in this thread