Official Hisense TV thread - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 128 Old 11-18-2011, 07:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just want to know if anybody bought Hisense and if anybody can share calibration setting, I just bought Model:F55V89C from HHgregg will be on sale for black friday 699 for 55" 1080p LCD 120hz. I tested the TV with a blu ray on the store and the picture is amazing. I'm picking up the tv this afternoon and will post some pictures
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 128 Old 11-18-2011, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by naughtyca View Post

Just want to know if anybody bought Hisense and if anybody can share calibration setting, I just bought Model:F55V89C from HHgregg will be on sale for black friday 699 for 55" 1080p LCD 120hz. I tested the TV with a blu ray on the store and the picture is amazing. I'm picking up the tv this afternoon and will post some pictures

There is already a Hisense TV thread. Doubt if we really need two of them.
post #3 of 128 Old 11-19-2011, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

There is already a Hisense TV thread. Doubt if we really need two of them.

you got link?
post #4 of 128 Old 12-28-2011, 09:34 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:

I looked at this TV online for a week. I went to the h.h. gregg showroom and compared it to every other TV showing the same content. The salesman tried to steer me to a plasma, but I couldn't walk away from this LCD TV. After having it home for a couple weeks plus, I can say that I made the right decision. The picture is so brilliant and so well rendered, you think you could reach into the TV and touch the people. The leap from my old 55 inch rear-projection TV to this LCD 55 inch TV is staggering. I see detail in movies I never noticed before! For example, in Transformers there is a scene on Cybertron showing its war. I could never see clearly that it was Megatron killing Autobots and that the Autobots were hanging crucified in the background. The picture quality knocked me for a loop. There is very little issue with fast moving images. This TV is AMAZING.

Get the Digital Essentials DVD and spend some time learning about what makes TV work and why your TV is better than the old standard TV; then, do the adjustments as suggested in the DVD. There isn't a lot of change necessary, but the devil IS in the details!! The HiSense F55V89C is an outstanding value!!
post #5 of 128 Old 12-28-2011, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by b5fan001 View Post

I looked at this TV online for a week. I went to the h.h. gregg showroom and compared it to every other TV showing the same content. The salesman tried to steer me to a plasma, but I couldn't walk away from this LCD TV. After having it home for a couple weeks plus, I can say that I made the right decision. The picture is so brilliant and so well rendered, you think you could reach into the TV and touch the people. The leap from my old 55 inch rear-projection TV to this LCD 55 inch TV is staggering. I see detail in movies I never noticed before! For example, in Transformers there is a scene on Cybertron showing its war. I could never see clearly that it was Megatron killing Autobots and that the Autobots were hanging crucified in the background. The picture quality knocked me for a loop. There is very little issue with fast moving images. This TV is AMAZING.

Get the Digital Essentials DVD and spend some time learning about what makes TV work and why your TV is better than the old standard TV; then, do the adjustments as suggested in the DVD. There isn't a lot of change necessary, but the devil IS in the details!! The HiSense F55V89C is an outstanding value!!

Yawn.

You must work for HH Gregg or Hisense.
post #6 of 128 Old 12-28-2011, 04:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:

Yawn.

LMAO +1 Hisense is garbage. Whats next Tyson brand LCD?
post #7 of 128 Old 01-02-2012, 08:46 AM

Quote:

Yawn.

No. I do NOT work for either. I am however a satisfied customer. Final choice is always up to the consumer. Until someone can point out some deficiency in this TV, I'm not going to be a "brand name snob" heaping derision on any manufacturer other than the "accepted" brands. This TV (HiSense F55V89C) is outstanding. No two ways about it.
post #8 of 128 Old 01-02-2012, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princeismyname View Post

LMAO +1 Hisense is garbage. Whats next Tyson brand LCD?

The HiSense F55V89C has been excellent so far. Sorry to go against the prevailing opinion. Show me any evidence this TV is inferior and I will accept the proof. But, for now, my eyes are enjoying the visual feast before me. Considering the fact I am not rich and waited a very long time to finally buy a flat panel when it was in my price range, I could not be happier with the choice I made.
post #9 of 128 Old 01-02-2012, 08:56 AM

Quote:

I posted my feelings about this TV, what did you think of it? I love it!
post #10 of 128 Old 01-02-2012, 01:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 46
The problem with super-inexpensive sets like this usually isn't initial picture quality--they can look pretty darn good if your only frame of reference is an old and tired rptv.

The problem is what happens a year and a half or so down the road when they are much more likely than the major brands to start malfunctionning and you find there are no replacement parts available, so unless you're a pretty talented diy guy you've got a $699 doorstop. Even this isn't a problem if you have the disposable income to go out and buy another Hi Sense, Polaroid, Pro Scan, Olevia, Shakibutsu or whatever off-brand bargain set is available.

If, on the other hand, you work hard for a living and scrimp and save to buy a new tv, you probably don't have the money to replace it when it craps out prematurely--so that name brand entry level 50" plasma or 46" lcd is, in fact, the better investment for a main tv.

This isn't brand snobbery, it's common sense.

I actually wish you guys luck with your new sets, after all if nobody ever took a chance on a cheap lesser known brand we wouldn't have Toyotas or Hondas.

Steve S.
post #11 of 128 Old 01-09-2012, 01:09 PM

I wasn't willing to take THAT big a chance and shelled out the cash for the three year replacement warrenty from hh Gregg for peace of mind.
post #12 of 128 Old 01-09-2012, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by b5fan001 View Post

I posted my feelings about this TV, what did you think of it? I love it!

I actually loved the TV, i was using if for my bedroom, but when i was testing the TV, for some reason i loose the sound when i change channel from HD to stadard def, i have to change back and forth to get the soudn back. I decided to return the TV and got a samsung only because the samsung was on thanksgiving sale and i had to decide right there and then. i was too amazed by the clarity of this TV and i am a brand name guy. you can always get a sqaretrade warranty for the extended warranty which i would have gotten not becasue its a a hisense. Just to add i also got extended warranty on my Samsung
post #13 of 128 Old 01-14-2012, 09:18 PM

Quote:

I actually loved the TV, i was using if for my bedroom, but when i was testing the TV, for some reason i loose the sound when i change channel from HD to stadard def, i have to change back and forth to get the soudn back. I decided to return the TV and got a samsung only because the samsung was on thanksgiving sale and i had to decide right there and then. i was too amazed by the clarity of this TV and i am a brand name guy. you can always get a sqaretrade warranty for the extended warranty which i would have gotten not becasue its a a hisense. Just to add i also got extended warranty on my Samsung

Wow....that surprises me. I cannot think of any reason that sound issue would happen. I dont watch anything in SD; I haven't in years. I listen to everything through my Denon receiver (movies and regular TV). I have learned to turn off Adaptive Contrast. Really screwed up dark broadcasts.
post #14 of 128 Old 02-08-2012, 08:29 AM

I purchased the $697 55" LCD Hisense from HHgregg last Friday. A great purchase, infact we were so impressed by the quality that we decided to return this 55" LCD and upgrade to the 55" LED 3D Smart tv from Hisense that walmart is selling for $848. They don't advertise it as 3D but it's a pleasant surprise when you set the TV up and check out the 3D settings. It's 10x's the TV for just $150 or so more. The HHgregg hisense is a great TV especially for the price, but it's functionality is solely that. We were simply looking for something a little more complex. I would definitely recommend it to anyone.
post #15 of 128 Old 02-19-2012, 11:19 AM

Hi eet2986 have you found a pair of 3D glasses that work i tried vizio They did not work
post #16 of 128 Old 02-20-2012, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eet2986 View Post

I purchased the $697 55" LCD Hisense from HHgregg last Friday. A great purchase, infact we were so impressed by the quality that we decided to return this 55" LCD and upgrade to the 55" LED 3D Smart tv from Hisense that walmart is selling for $848. They don't advertise it as 3D but it's a pleasant surprise when you set the TV up and check out the 3D settings. It's 10x's the TV for just $150 or so more. The HHgregg hisense is a great TV especially for the price, but it's functionality is solely that. We were simply looking for something a little more complex. I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

For about the same amount of money I was able to keep my Hisense and supplement it with a Sony BD Player that gave all I would get with a Smart TV. Everyone that I show the Hisense to is very impressed with it.

W
post #17 of 128 Old 02-23-2012, 02:38 PM

I haven't yet! I'll give those a try. I also heard you can order hisense's glasses for $30 bucks.
post #18 of 128 Old 02-23-2012, 02:40 PM

We considered that route, but after weighing all options just thought it would be cheaper in the long run to buy the TV with more features. Once we started writing down everything that we would need to make it a "smart tv" it would have been much more than the $150 we'd spend on upgrading. Plus the LED picture is awesome, and we're looking forward to the 3d capability.
post #19 of 128 Old 02-26-2012, 05:28 PM

it's 55" and an LED with VuDU apps. Opera Browser. Wifi. 3D but I don't think this thing is truly 120hz. The manual says 60hz output on both component and hdmi. f55t39egwd is the model number. The HiSense USA website is a joke. It doesn't have any products listed on it.
As far as I can tell it does a pretty good job at everything other than fast motion and it's pixelated. it has a "120hz smooth motion" filter but that just makes it jerky like it's dropping frames. I have a feeling they used that "120hz smooth motion filter" is just a bait and switch bit of false advertising. People will buy it thinking it's a 120 hz machine when it's not.
Walmart advertised it as such. I bought it as such.
Also the thing seems to have a blue/green tint to a lot of the channels on cable. and there's no tint adj in the menu other than cool ,standard and warm. I'm guessing the service menu would but I'm not going there.

Still on a good 1080p source the picture is pretty good. Although fast motion is still a problem.
haven't tried the 3d. don't want to spend money on glasses if I decide to return it.
post #20 of 128 Old 02-27-2012, 01:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobodeluxe View Post

it's 55" and an LED with VuDU apps. Opera Browser. Wifi. 3D but I don't think this thing is truly 120hz. The manual says 60hz output on both component and hdmi. f55t39egwd is the model number. The HiSense USA website is a joke. It doesn't have any products listed on it.
As far as I can tell it does a pretty good job at everything other than fast motion and it's pixelated. it has a "120hz smooth motion" filter but that just makes it jerky like it's dropping frames. I have a feeling they used that "120hz smooth motion filter" is just a bait and switch bit of false advertising. People will buy it thinking it's a 120 hz machine when it's not.
Walmart advertised it as such. I bought it as such.
Also the thing seems to have a blue/green tint to a lot of the channels on cable. and there's no tint adj in the menu other than cool ,standard and warm. I'm guessing the service menu would but I'm not going there.

Still on a good 1080p source the picture is pretty good. Although fast motion is still a problem.
haven't tried the 3d. don't want to spend money on glasses if I decide to return it.

On any tv that has 120hz, it's all done internally. There is no cable that has anything to do with 120hz. Meaning hdmi doesnt do anything for 120hz to come through, the tv either has the capability or it doesn't. There is no # that shows 120hz as there is no 120hz signal except for computers. Thats why everything says 60hz which is correct. There is 24p which is for bluray through hdmi connection.
post #21 of 128 Old 02-29-2012, 09:22 AM

Got A Pair Of 3D Glasses Of Ebay That Works Great Item# 110780893134
post #22 of 128 Old 05-25-2012, 11:49 PM

Just bought this Hisense 42 inch led/lcd, am following all instructions in included manual, right cable, hooked up correctly, but NO sound from receiver? Rec. is a technics SA- DX930. Can any one HELP!!?
Norman, Ok.
post #23 of 128 Old 06-06-2012, 06:28 PM

COSTCO just posted a new deal-42" Hisense LED for 349!!
Wonder if it's any good, or a Westinghouse type iffy proposition? Could be the leds have become so commoditized that it's as good as any even mid tier type lcd/led tv?
post #24 of 128 Old 06-17-2012, 10:33 PM

Liked: 11
Can someone please post a calibration that they use for Blu-Rays on Hisense HD TVs please!

I have a 55" LED Hisense HD TV myself, and for Blu-Ray the TV automatically changes to "Dymatic" mode which boosts the backlight at 100 and all the other picture settings (sharpness, colour, brightness, contrast) at 50. I know for a fact this ISN'T how Blu-Ray is suppose to look because even though it looks "nice" in the sense that the picture pops off the screen, I am a purist when it comes to Blu-Ray. I want the movies to look preserved and look like actual FILM, not like a VIDEO GAME

So can anyone tell me what picture settings they use for there Hisense HD TV whist playing Blu-Ray? So what level on 'user mode' do you have the sharpness, colour, brightness,contrast & backlight settings on????
post #25 of 128 Old 07-31-2012, 01:32 PM

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/337506/20120504/hdtv-hd-frame-rate-soap-opera-effect.htm'

Read this and do more research. It isn't going away. It is going to be everywhere because of the eye-popping clarity offered to you when the frames-per-second are raised.
post #26 of 128 Old 08-22-2012, 11:31 AM

I have the 55 inch Hisense and think it is one of the best values you can get.
however I just purchased a Samsung blu ray 3d player. When playing the blu ray dvd the tv constantly kept displaying the HDMI input water mark on screen. I even changed to hdmi 2 and hdmi 3 to see if it was the connection and i changed to a different hdmi cord and still no change.
This seems to be a compatibility problem between the two. The Samsung blu ray seems to keep sending a new connection signal to the tv for some reason where by it keeps popping up constantly throughout the entire movie. Very annoying.
Anyone with any ideas? mad.gif
post #27 of 128 Old 08-23-2012, 07:03 AM

What 55 inch model do you have?
post #28 of 128 Old 09-01-2012, 06:47 AM

I just bought a hisense 3d tv and cannot get the glasses to work. I've charged the glasses up all night, turn the tv to 2d-to-3d, stood a foot away from the tv and sync'd them and still nothing. The lights comes on when I push the power or mode button so I know something is working, but just not the shutters. Any ideas? It's the 50K316DW model.
post #29 of 128 Old 09-04-2012, 01:02 PM

Try this:
1. Make sure you are watching in 3D sync signal covered area.
2. Check the battery volume of your glasses; please charge if low in power
3. Please check if the TV setup is in 3D mode or not.

You may also want to call customer service at 1-888-935-8880
post #30 of 128 Old 10-09-2012, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63rodder View Post

Got A Pair Of 3D Glasses Of Ebay That Works Great Item# 110780893134
I don't see a model number for those. Or any way to search for the same glasses.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Hisense 65k560dw 65 Inch 3d Internet Led Hdtv , Hisense 55 Inch 3d Internet Led Hdtv 55t710dw
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page