No HDMI Inputs Working on LG 47LH90-UB LCD - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 11-20-2011, 09:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have an LG 47LH90-UB with 4 HDMI inputs. I have only been using HDMI1 as I have a receiver that hosts all the HDMI from my components. My receiver was a Sony HT-SS360 and things were working great for a year. I needed an extra HDMI input on the receiver so I replaced it with a Sony STR-DH520. Since then none of my HDMI inputs work. I mention the new receiver because it has something called "Control for HDMI-Easy Setting which I don't understand and am unsure if it's related.

After completing the connections my, DVR (through the receiver) would not show video (but did have audio) when my TV was set to HDMI1. I removed the receiver from the equation by connecting my DVR directly to my TV via HDMI1. No difference. I then connected my DVR directly to my TV via HDMI2, HDMI3, and HDMI4. I got audio but no video. I swapped HDMI cables. No difference. I removed the DVR from the equation by connecting my BluRay directly to my TV via HDMI4. No difference. I unplugged the TV then replugged it. None of the above made a difference.

I connected my DVR directly to my TV via AV2. I get audio and video.

Prior to me paying for an out-of-warranty service call, is there anything else I can try? If I damaged HDMI1 while installing the new receiver, could it have made all the HDMI's bad? Could the new receiver have fried all the HDMI's or messed up their configuration? I swapped components, cables, and inputs--did I miss a troubleshooting step?

This is the manual for the new receiver:
www dot docs dot sony dot com/release/STRDH520.pdf

This is the manual for the TV:
www dot lg dot com/us/support/product/support-prouct-profile.jsp?customerModelCode=47LH90-UB&matchedModelCode=1000009315&searchEngineModelCode=47LH90-UB&initialTab=documents&targetPage=support-product-profile#

I appreciate any help.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page