Originally Posted by jwc3
No dead pixels on mine.
Not on mine, either...
Few other notes:
- I ordered the Disney WOW disc to try my hand at calibrating with it. I'll let you all know what I come up with.
- As I posted initially, I turned off Film Mode immediately, to get rid of the SOE, because it was very disconcerting. That said, just for the heck of it, turned it on Advanced Low last night and watched Ice Age 3 on some HD channel, and it looked astoundingly good. I mean, breathtaking...completely provides a 3-D look. I've watched some "live" stuff this morning, and I still don't care for it on that content. But for animation, I think it's the way to go.
- Watching Hell on Wheels this week (DVR'd last two episodes), I noticed some clouding on the initial dark scenes. It was mildly annoying. As soon as the scenes brightened up; gone. Still, not a big deal for me, and certainly not a deal breaker.
- I've got my Sammy 58" set up in the bedroom, and I still do prefer the look of the plasma over the relatively same/similar PQ of the LCD. Just has a certain "look" that I prefer, part of which is from the glass of the plasma vs. matte of the LDC. But...can't get it in 70" and at this price point!!!
- I really like the brightness and whites of the LCD, and I do appreciate the greatly reduced reflection off the matte screen.
All in all, loving the 70 inches, and loving the PQ on this panel! I have no regrets...