Forum Jump: 

post #211 of 247 Old 01-26-2012, 12:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kythyn View Post

Just had this set professionally calibrated. You have to use the service menu to get to some of them, and there is NO gamma adjustment available.

Kythyn,

Can you tell us if there is any way to get to color settings for the HDMI ports? That seems to be the one thing that people have been saying is missing from this system.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 247 Old 01-26-2012, 08:28 PM

I got one of these on Monday at Best Buy while on sale. None of the area stores had one available in stock so we went to the biggest one close by. They had a display but, they said they didn't have any to sell and checked the other stores but everyone was out. He said they were not getting anymore so they must be on closeout. He offered the display for an extra 10% off so it was not a hard decision.

Only thing missing was the manual but I called Sharp customer service and they put me in their Aquos customer program and gave me a member ID and password for webpage that has a download for the manual and gave me 3 extra months on the warrenty. Nice!
We got it up on the fireplace mantle and tilted down slightly on the mount so it looks like it is home.
I checked the power use after setting to one of the combos found here and it was a frugal 84 Watts. Not bad compared to the 46" Sony S4000's 180 Watts that it replaced.
The sound is surprisingly decent for such a skinny set. Much better than most of the 8 or 9 LCDs and plasmas we've owned.
So far, I haven't found any settings that satisfy completly, but I'm still playing and happy with it.
post #213 of 247 Old 01-27-2012, 02:44 AM

If you live near a Brandsmart, these are selling for $949 in store, $999 online. They are selling like crazy according to the TV associate. They sold 11 today at this one location. They have plenty more too.
post #214 of 247 Old 01-27-2012, 07:21 AM

I've bought a tv at Brandsmart before. If you ask the salesperson nicely they are usually happy to give a discount on the sale price. I like that. But who wouldn't?
post #215 of 247 Old 01-27-2012, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usacamaro View Post

my firmware version is grayed out. anyone have this problem and figure out what is going on?

Change ur input to tv and try it. It shouldn't be grayed out after
post #216 of 247 Old 01-28-2012, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexaaa View Post

I've bought a tv at Brandsmart before. If you ask the salesperson nicely they are usually happy to give a discount on the sale price. I like that. But who wouldn't?

Well that $949 was a promotional price, not something they did because we asked. We did ask for a little extra off because we had to return a TV, the LC60E69U, which is the CCFL version of this TV. It had a problem with it's volume control, and the fact that it isn't even made by Sharp and just has their name licensed on it made it seem less appealing. Also the fact that the box says it has an X-Gen Panel when it really doesn't and Sharp doesn't seem to care...but I digress.
post #217 of 247 Old 01-28-2012, 03:15 PM

Hey guys recently got this TV Sharp 60" LC-60LE6300U. With some tips and settings from you guys I got my colors to look just right. Also tinkering a bit fixed my surround sound. Now I ran into a different unusual problem, thought maybe you guys could help me out.

I Have a motorola Time Warner Cable box hooked up through HDMI to my TV, I can view all my HD channels just fine, but if I go to a non-HD channel it goes black and no sound is heard. What possible setting might that be?

Thanks in advance guys.
post #218 of 247 Old 01-28-2012, 11:00 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamba24 View Post

I Have a motorola Time Warner Cable box hooked up through HDMI to my TV, I can view all my HD channels just fine, but if I go to a non-HD channel it goes black and no sound is heard. What possible setting might that be?

Thanks in advance guys.

My guess is your TW Cable box is set to output all channels at their native resolution. For non-HD, that would be 480i. From what I know, a lot of TVs don't support 480i over HDMI.

I would look at the menu to configure your TW box and see if there is an option to uncheck 480i as a supported resolution over HDMI. This should cause the TW box to upscale it to 1080i instead.

Current HT setup:

Samsung UN65F6300 65" LCD HDTV, Polk CS20 Center, 2x Polk Monitor 75T Fronts, 2x Polk TSI300 Backs, Polk PSW110 Subwoofer.

post #219 of 247 Old 01-29-2012, 01:22 PM

Liked: 12
Well I had my tv delivered yesterday and needless to say I am returning it today.

I have the toxic green effect that does not look like it can remedied. I messed around with the color and tint using dve essentials and the color filter lenses for quite some time. Even after some tweaking, it got better, but greens are just too out of control. Even my wife noticed (normally she doesn't) The tv does great with bluray, but with standard dvd and regular hd tv it just falls short.

I had some pixelation, blurring, and artifacts, but it wasn't a big deal breaker. The worst thing is that even with the service menu you cannot tone down the green on hdmi inputs. If I was able to I would keep this set.

I didn't notice any backlight issues, like clouding or spotting. I did notice that on the left side of the screen the picture was about 1/2 an inch away from the bezel, whereas the top, bottom, and right was almost right up against it.

I think I am going to stick with sharp and go with a higher model. I'll report back when I decide.

post #220 of 247 Old 01-29-2012, 02:45 PM

Ok so I just got this TV set up this week and have been happy with it so far as far as picture when adjusted. Then today while i am at work my wife calls and says the TV won't turn on. She clicks power and it starts to come on(led light/click sound) then it just cuts back off with the screen never coming on. I'm going to look at it when I get home. Any suggestions? I know it is under warranty from Sharp and i also have the Black Tie protection for 4 years from Best Buy. I guess if it will not turn on I will have to contact Sharp about the warranty? I have a Sharp 47" LCD upstairs i have had for several years with no problems so I am happy with the brand. I just hope I did not get a lemon this time.
post #221 of 247 Old 01-29-2012, 04:09 PM

False alarm. Turns out my daughter had the TV set on the PS3 which was off. I think the TV turns itself off if there is no signal. I turned that function off and switched the input to the cable box. So it appears all is well now. My wife hates when I just walk in and fix electronic issues like this though
post #222 of 247 Old 01-29-2012, 07:14 PM

I don't suppose anyone ever got to the bottom of the optical out problem with HDMI-connected devices? Like others, I can get devices plugged in to the component or coax connection to play through my old Sony receiver when it's connected to the TV via optical, but nothing plugged in to HDMI.

Does the 60LE632U have the same problem? I'm wondering if that model is worth the price difference.
post #223 of 247 Old 01-30-2012, 10:41 AM
Advanced Member

So, I exchanged this set for a Sony KDL55BX520. Yeah, I know the Sony isn't an LED set (CCFL based), but I just got tired of the 6300U.

Don't get me wrong this IS a great set for the price, if you can get it for $999. But since I use my TV for HTPC a lot, I couldn't deal with the fact it doesn't do 4:4:4 over HDMI. VGA is a workaround, but the picture then becomes a tad soft.

So, my main reasons for returning were:

1. No 4:4:4 over HDMI. (I got tired of running two cables, VGA and HDMI, for video and audio as well.)

2. Lack of proper color adjustment over HDMI.

3. As others have stated, not so great image quality with HDTV. (BluRay is O.K. but still not that great.)

I know #2 and #3 are no issue on the step-up models, 632 and higher, but I wasn't sure if any of the other Sharps could do 4:4:4 over HDMI, so I just went with the Sony since I knew it could and also supports HDMI audio while doing 4:4:4 as well.

Now I'm pretty happy and only had to spend an extra $200. Though, I lost 5" of picture.

Don't really care that my new set isn't thin as I never watch TV from the side anyway. Only ever see my side when stepping out of the bedroom and into the living room or stepping back in to the living room from the balcony.

Good to go!

Hope those who enjoy their 6300U continue to do so!

Current HT setup:

Samsung UN65F6300 65" LCD HDTV, Polk CS20 Center, 2x Polk Monitor 75T Fronts, 2x Polk TSI300 Backs, Polk PSW110 Subwoofer.

post #224 of 247 Old 01-31-2012, 07:39 PM

Liked: 12
Just a little update on my situation. After returning my 6300, I have decided to stick with sharp and go with the LC-60LE830U. I was really trying to decide between the 830 and the 632 and settled on the 830 for $250 more (even though I really struggled with spending the extra money). I got spoiled with the day or so I had with the 6300 and going back to my 40" has really been hard! lol!

As I said in my previous post if it weren't for the toxic greens with this set I would have been good. Best of luck to all you guys with the 6300!

post #225 of 247 Old 02-01-2012, 06:26 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBel View Post

I think I found your problem, see this, sounds like your TV's location is set to STORE:

In the TV Menu under initial setup, select EZ SETUP to verify the location of the television. Select LOCATION and HOME as the television's location. If the TV location is set to STORE and you change the A/V Mode, it will default back to DYNAMIC FIXED after 30 minutes.

Hope that helps!

THANKS! That was my problem as as well. I got the pictured dialed in as best I could but this was driving me crazy.

FWIW, the colors are great now; the black levels not so much. The panel seems to make most everything above values of ref black pretty much indiscriminately black. I can live with it, even if it is slightly cartoonish. For the price paid (<$1k) it is a nice display.
post #226 of 247 Old 02-04-2012, 06:28 PM

Just got one of these today, and I'm having a problem that I haven't seen reported anywhere else.

When I connect my HTPC to the TV via HDMI at native resolution (1920x1080 as confirmed in display settings), I get a huge black border around the screen. I have selected 'dot by dot' as the view mode, but I'm losing 2" on all sides.

Has anyone seen this or have any idea how to fix it? I really don't want to have to unmount this and take it back.
post #227 of 247 Old 02-04-2012, 07:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1148625 View Post

Just got one of these today, and I'm having a problem that I haven't seen reported anywhere else.

When I connect my HTPC to the TV via HDMI at native resolution (1920x1080 as confirmed in display settings), I get a huge black border around the screen. I have selected 'dot by dot' as the view mode, but I'm losing 2" on all sides.

Has anyone seen this or have any idea how to fix it? I really don't want to have to unmount this and take it back.

You just go into the control panel application of your video card and change the overscan amount to 0%.

Current HT setup:

post #228 of 247 Old 02-04-2012, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodaboy581 View Post

You just go into the control panel application of your video card and change the overscan amount to 0%.

duh. So obvious. Thanks!
post #229 of 247 Old 02-12-2012, 12:35 PM

Has anyone tried using component video (Y-Pr-Pb signal) through the TV's VGA connector.

I would like to have a second component input using a RCA to DB15 adapter.

Thanks
post #230 of 247 Old 02-17-2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ny finest View Post

bought this tv today noticing those two lines on the screen as mentioned in this thread not sure if i should return it

Ok a little update it seems like as the panel ages the lines are starting to fade its still noticeable but not as bad
post #231 of 247 Old 02-25-2012, 06:02 AM

I have Dish network and used to be able to do PIP on my old set but can't see how to do it with this one. Anyone done this? Thanks !
post #232 of 247 Old 02-25-2012, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveRootz View Post

I have Dish network and used to be able to do PIP on my old set but can't see how to do it with this one. Anyone done this? Thanks !

It doesn't have PIP. In fact, this TV should win the award for the largest and most recently released TV with no modern features. No PIP, no hdmi cec, no arc, and barely any color controls. It should also win the award for the most ghetto remote control for an expensive electronic device.
post #233 of 247 Old 03-11-2012, 10:08 PM

Well, I really tried to love my new LED flat tv with its skinny bezel, super thin cabinet and light weight.
But alas, it was not to be. Three and a half weeks of messing with every setting I could find on AVS just left me frustrated that I could get close to a good picture but not reach it. The contrast / black levels were never able to give any details in the dark areas without sacrificing black levels which was just annoying.
Finally, I watched the Pirates of the Caribbean Blu-Ray and saw clouds in the dark scenes. I had never seen clouds on any of my other TVs. That would not do. Even my wife, a non-videophile, said this was worse than our old Sony s4000 lcd that it replaced and agreed it needed to go.
So back to BB it went. I traded it for another Sharp, the LC-60E79U and the picture is so much better with the first settings adjustment. I hated to give up the stylish new LED for the old fashioned heavy lcd but the wife is happy now. Oh, and the new remote is the same ugly paddle as with the 6300U.
post #234 of 247 Old 05-14-2012, 08:05 PM

I just got this TV today and right now I have the cable going straight from my wall to my TV (without a HD box). I ran a the auto scan, but I did not pick up one HD/digital channel. The software version is 2.0. My previous 32" Magnavox was able to pick up 40+ digital channels, but why can't this one pick a single channel up? Anyone have this issue?
post #235 of 247 Old 11-12-2012, 05:38 PM

I bought this TV last year (Nov '11) and was wondering if anyone had this same problem where the TV will freeze upon switching inputs.

This only occurs sometimes: I will switch from input 1 to input 2, the screen will switch to a blank screen with the "input 2" displayed at the upper-right corner of the screen. But then the TV will freeze and get stuck on this screen. I cannot switch inputs, change channels/volume or even shut the TV off when pressing "power."

The only way I can fix this is to press and hold the "power" button on the actual TV set. I hold the button for a good 7-10 sec before the TV shuts off (it acts like some sort of reset mechanism). At this time, the TV will either stay off and I cannot turn the TV back on unless I unplug the power cord or the TV will turn on by itself after a few moments and resume normal functioning.

I updated the firmware (albeit I did so when I first got the TV back in Nov '11). Please help!
post #236 of 247 Old 11-12-2012, 05:44 PM

I had the same problem. It seems to only occur (for me) after the TV has auto-powered off. I disabled the auto-off feature, and the problem went away.
post #237 of 247 Old 11-26-2012, 08:10 AM

Has anyone tried to install the latest firmware? I downloaded it and unziped it to my flash drive, but the TV wont recognize it. I know it is getting power and attempting, because the flash drive's light comes on.
post #238 of 247 Old 11-29-2012, 03:49 AM

re: latest firmware - I have tried but also met with no success. I didn't have to do the last update so I'm not sure if there are any differences in what file types were in the package this time vs. last.
post #239 of 247 Old 11-29-2012, 05:17 PM

New Firmware 2.13 -- Has anyone successfully applied the new firmware?
post #240 of 247 Old 01-05-2013, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1148625 View Post

I had the same problem. It seems to only occur (for me) after the TV has auto-powered off. I disabled the auto-off feature, and the problem went away.

I updated to 2.13 when it was first released and still had the freezing problem. I just saw your post and changed the setting. It's only been 2 days but it hasn't occurred yet. Thanks for the info.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sharp Lc60le6300u 60 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page