Official VIZIO M3D420SR/M3D460SR "Passive 3D" Owners Thread - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 186 Old 01-04-2013, 09:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi again,

They finally changed my TV with another one and now i have an extra problem. Other than distortion around fast moving objects now i have high pitched noise too. I didn't get that these people do not even check the replacement unit before send it to me all the way from west coast to east coast? Now i contacted with a rep and he or she said they can change it again with another tv which is m3d420KD.. Wow and she had enough overconfidence to tell me that that kd model has lower specs than mine. I was rofling while i am getting this conversation with a rep. I mean come on what is this a joke. Then rep said they can send me 47 inches of KD model which has almost same specs with m3d421sr. Well that was kind of convincing but come to think of it i am happy with all features of 421sr s other than these problems high pitched sound and distortion around fast moving objects. What do you suggest ? Should i wait another m3d421sr model to become available because rep said it looks like they don't have any unit for exchange, they will check warehouse or should i choose to replace it with m3d470KD ? I just saw some bad reviews this tv too, so i am not sure that i should insist on 421sr or should go for 470kd? I need your help quick guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 186 Old 01-24-2013, 02:33 PM

I have had this tv for over a year as it has the picth noice that everybody is talking about, I had read that the VIZIO HDMI cables remedies this, so I have a set that should be delivered today, they are the ultra high speed cables. I will report back if it corrects the issue. If not thank god I bought my TV from Costco since they extended the warranty for another year.
post #183 of 186 Old 02-25-2013, 12:03 AM

Got this tv cheap M3D460SR $200 on craigslist

running 3.12 software

got it to play .avi and .mp4 from usb stick

any way to get it to play .mkv files

please help as I need to watch 1080p rip of walking dead asap
post #184 of 186 Old 02-25-2013, 01:29 AM

ended up using handbrake program on osx to convert from .mkv to avi....pretty fast about 5 minutes to reencode to .mp4 and then it played off usb stick on tv fine
post #185 of 186 Old 03-24-2013, 07:22 PM

I HAVE THIS TV HOOKED UP TO MY PC USING THE VGA.... I TRIED USING THE HDMI, NOT HAVING LUCK. ANYONE USING THIS AS A MONTIER WITH HDMI PLEASE HELP. I WANNA WATCH SOME 3D THROUGH MY PC AND I CAN ONLY USE 3D WITH THE HDMI OUTPUT. THANK YOU
post #186 of 186 Old 05-25-2013, 02:12 PM

Has anyone seen an issue with the M3d460sr were the screen goes black? The logo on the front will go bright when "on" and dimm when off. Also have network activity according to the lan lights on the ethernet adaptor mounted in the tv. Unplugging and holding down the power for 30 secs does nothing to resolve the issue. Also, the remote seems to function from what I can tell. I've had the tv just und 2 years with light use. Any suggestions?

Update: I took the back panel off and spotted the below. The part on the LED driver board with the dark shade around it is labeled Q852. Would this board give me the issue I'm having as described above or does the damage most likely run deeper? Also, I'm not sure about sound. I had the speakers muted on the TV before I lost the picture and was using an external sound bar.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Vizio M3d460sr 46 Inch 1080p Lcd Tv Black , Vizio M3d420sr 42 Inch 1080p 3d Lcd Tv Black
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page