Game Lag Problems with Sharp 60LE633U - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 11-27-2011, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The Sharp 60LE633U has an amazing picture and very little motion blur. This TV is a great buy unless you are planning to hook up a game console.

While the games look amazing on the TV in the standard mode, they have game lag. The lag makes any sort of shooter games unplayable unless you turn on game mode. While the game mode does eliminate the game lag, it also sacrifices a huge amount of picture quality making the game incredibly blurry.

There is another model that is still a 60" diagonal with all the same features, but it includes quattron. The price difference at my local Costco with tax is about 300 dollars, but the quattron is a smoothing technology and the other model doesn't need a separate game mode.

***Currently I am deciding whether to take back my 60LE633U and trade it for the model with the quattron and I want to know if anyone knows if the more advanced model has game lag.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-27-2011, 12:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
The lag is coming from all the post-processing that the TV is doing. As long as you leave those processes on, you are going to have to live with the lag. This is not a Sharp issue, this is any TV with post-processing issue. If you like the "SOE" look, you are going to get lag from any TV.

The game mode is lag free because it specifically turns all post-processing off. Even with that mode, some TV's are laggier than others. Sharp isn't bad at all with the game mode.

I am afraid what you are seeking does not exist.
post #3 of 6 Old 11-27-2011, 02:06 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I have the LC60LE832, play COD on PS3 in game mode, with a slight upward adjustment in brightness - it performs very well. I have not noticed lag and the picture looks very good to me.
post #4 of 6 Old 11-27-2011, 04:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Yep, 60LE632u here and when adjusted properly (turning off most of the processing - Game mode) there is very little lag present (I play FPS all the time). I own DLP and Plasma as well so any lag at all is very obvious.

Jason
post #5 of 6 Old 12-10-2011, 10:48 AM

Hey guys, I just bought the Sharp LC60LE831U and couldn't believe the game lag problems. I had Vizio 47 LCD 120Hz, and never experienced any motion blur or game lag. I hooked up this Sharp and the MW3 game lag was unbelievable. It was unbearable. I was playing in Dynamic (fixed) mode. I've tried some other settings and ended up playing with Standard mode.
Also, I was watching a football game this afternoon (again in Dynamic fixed)and had disgusting motion blur with the football being thrown. It was bad. I was like the blur they show in the store demos with the split screen. The ball looked like a comet.
My Vizio was also 120Hz and I never had a blur problem.
My question: Before I give up on this TV. Does anyone have any picture settings or picture modes that could be used to give me the viewing experience I'm looking for.
Thanks.
post #6 of 6 Old 12-10-2011, 02:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page