post #271 of 360 Old 03-30-2012, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

Well it's not surprising to hear some say that since the Game mode settings are more vivid/fun but unless we are talking drastic set to set variations my latest Movie mode cal is much more accurate (which of course may not be preferred).

40 ftL target in GAME mode...

OPC = OFF
BACKLIGHT = STD
CONTRAST = +27
BRIGHTNESS = +1
COLOR = 0
TINT = 0
SHARPNESS = 0 (+1 is ok but higher = much more ringing/ee)

Active Contrast = OFF ( if ON leave Gamma @ -2 for an average 2.2 )
Gamma = -2 ( = flat 1.8 without active contrast )

Color Temp = LOW
LO
R +13
G 0
B -26

HI
R +1
G 0
B -12

- HUE ------ SAT ------ VAL
R +5 -------- 0 -------- -2
Y +10 ------ -5 -------- +2
G +2 -------- 0 -------- +7
C +6 -------- 0 -------- -3
B +7 -------- 0 ------- +30
M +2 ------- -1 ------- -15

Best of luck and please keep in mind that active contrast ON will alter the cal (trade-off ).

Oh and with Active Contrast ON this CAL definitely has that vivid LCD look (fun for gaming).

Jason

Thanks Jason, will give it a try and report back!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 360 Old 03-30-2012, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I have some new settings done with a different meter on a 632 if anyone is interested in trying them out. These may work better for some (YMMV).

These are 35 ftL target in MOVIE mode (so may be better for a darker room versus my previous movie mode settings that targeted 40 ftL)...

Blu Ray player set to 4:2:2, deep color off, standard mode (not theater, bright room, custom modes for those players that have them)

OPC = OFF
BACKLIGHT = -1
CONTRAST = +27
BRIGHTNESS = +1
COLOR = 0
TINT = 0

Motion Enhance = OFF (120 Low is fine but avoid 120 High)
Active Contrast = OFF (if ON set Gamma to -1 for an average of 2.2 with an S shaped curve)
Gamma = -2 (comes in just barely under 2.2)

(3-30-2012 UPDATED the settings below after more fine tuning)

Color Temp = LOW
LO
R +11
G 0
B -26

HI
R +1
G 0
B -11

R +3 -------- 0 -------- -7
Y +7 ------- -2 -------- -1
G +3 -------- 0 ------- +14
C -3 -------- -1 ------- +3
B +1 -------- 0 ------- +15
M -1 -------- 0 -------- -6

Jason

Will try these and report back too.
post #273 of 360 Old 03-31-2012, 04:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:

I have some new settings done with a different meter on a 632 if anyone is interested in trying them out. These may work better for some (YMMV).

These are 35 ftL target in MOVIE mode (so may be better for a darker room versus my previous movie mode settings that targeted 40 ftL)...

Blu Ray player set to 4:2:2, deep color off, standard mode (not theater, bright room, custom modes for those players that have them)

OPC = OFF
BACKLIGHT = -1
CONTRAST = +27
BRIGHTNESS = +1
COLOR = 0
TINT = 0

Motion Enhance = OFF (120 Low is fine but avoid 120 High)
Active Contrast = OFF (if ON set Gamma to -1 for an average of 2.2 with an S shaped curve)
Gamma = -2 (comes in just barely under 2.2)

(3-30-2012 UPDATED the settings below after more fine tuning)

Color Temp = LOW
LO
R +11
G 0
B -26

HI
R +1
G 0
B -11

R +3 -------- 0 -------- -7
Y +7 ------- -2 -------- -1
G +3 -------- 0 ------- +14
C -3 -------- -1 ------- +3
B +1 -------- 0 ------- +15
M -1 -------- 0 -------- -6

Jason

i have these plugged in on my 80", and they are spot on. either i have been very lucky transfering your settings over to mine, or you sure in the heck know what you are doing. maybe a little of both..i guess i find it ironic i'm having luck with yours, and not a pro calibrators specifically intended for the 80". anyway thanks Jason.
Neomoon likes this.

Habit Forming....Wallet Burning Hobby....

64" Samsung F8500 Plasma
55" Samsung B8500 Full Array Lcd
Channel Master Dvr
Onkyo 818
Crown xls-2000
Sony Blu-Ray 790
Svs Ultra Towers/Center, Energy Rc-50 Surround
Svs Pb-13 Ultra Sub
post #274 of 360 Old 04-01-2012, 12:43 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by airgas1998 View Post

i have these plugged in on my 80", and they are spot on. either i have been very lucky transfering your settings over to mine, or you sure in the heck know what you are doing. maybe a little of both..i guess i find it ironic i'm having luck with yours, and not a pro calibrators specifically intended for the 80". anyway thanks Jason.

Nice, yeah this stuff is all luck of the draw. While I have been doing this for many years and have been an AV enthusiast for 25+ years I don't have Kevin Millers experience, expertise or calibration gear so obviously this tells us there are indeed set to set variables and like that infamous box of chocolate we never know what we're going to get.

Maybe I'll start carrying my settings on my Ipod touch and when I come across a 632 at B&M stores (which is getting more rare by the day) I'll ask for the remote and see how they do. I wish I would have started doing that a while back to get a better feel for the variables. I guess I could just attack all the 640's and see what happens (although so far it seems they are different vs the 632's regarding calibration).

Glad to have added to your enjoyment of 'the beast' and thanks for the feedback.

Jason
post #275 of 360 Old 04-10-2012, 09:43 PM

Liked: 12
DaGamePimp,

I plugged your game mode settings into my 633 and it looks great. I had other settings in movie mode but they seemed a little on the blue push side. Your settings confirmed it for me. Thanks for posting this setting.
post #276 of 360 Old 04-10-2012, 11:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member

You're welcome, glad they are working for you.

You may find these Movie mode settings even better...
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...&postcount=261

Jason
post #277 of 360 Old 04-15-2012, 11:08 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:

Here are my personal Movie settings, these have been tweaked to the N'th degree and this is as good as MY set gets in Movie mode. Hopefully they work well for some of you.

Quote:

I tried both of these and greatly prefer the settings from the first post because the second set gave skin tones during Mad Men (on AMC HD via DTV) a boiled pinkish look. I plugged in the first set during the commercial break and left it at that. I wonder what was so different about the other meter?
post #278 of 360 Old 04-15-2012, 12:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I'll have some new settings coming within the next week or so, for those interested.

I just bought a new i1D3 colorimeter (have now) and an i1Pro spectro (to arrive mid-week) for even greater accuracy.

Jason
post #279 of 360 Old 04-15-2012, 04:33 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

I will say however that with 1080p/24 the least offensive Motion setting is Off. It's not as if the pans themselves are horrible but you will notice edges blur at 24Hz and this is regardless of the Motion setting or Mode in use. To those of you using 24Hz please do not go looking for the issue if you do not currently notice it, once you train your eyes/brain to see it you'll be distracted by it forever.

Maybe we'll see a firmware update that will solve this issue but in the mean time I am enjoying the over-all performance of what is basically an entry level 60" display that competes very well with my higher end 50" 6500K/D65 plasma regarding over-all image quality for about half the cost of admission.

* Oh and Game mode does not have to be an exclusive mode for gamers, it would seem people need to get past the 'title' of the mode and simply accept what it does and how well it functions on this particular display (especially considering all of the important calibration controls remain active, full CMS is still there).

Once again Best of Luck!
Jason

Jason,

Would you be so kind as to post you're latest Game mode settings you're using, including the advanced mode settings? I have basically the same TV the LC60LE640U I bought at Walmart. I'm guessing it's the same TV just Walmart's version of it. Anyway I agree with what you have posted and Game mode seems to have the best response. I really like mine and for the price it's tough to beat. I paid a bit more for mine but I wanted the ability to just throw it in the truck and take the thing back if I don't like it. Last time I bought a TV I think I went through three different ones before I was happy with one. This time I think I got it right the first time.

Thanks,

Bill
post #280 of 360 Old 04-15-2012, 06:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddRiffic View Post

Will try these and report back too.

Hey Jason,

Sorry it took so long to report back. I compared your latest game and movie settings and also movie settings from cnet's calibration and review of a 640 found here on my 633.

I watched "The Dark Knight" and "Cowboys vs Aliens" on bluray with a primary focus on skin tones.

Game had a clear green/yellow issue when compared to your movie settings. Your movie settings looked spot on when viewed through the Spears & Munsil color bar pattern and blue filter while cnet's movie settings were closer than out of the box, it did not look near as accurate through the filter.

The funny thing was it seemed like the skin tones with the cnet settings were more natural. I openly admit this could be a issue with my perception. As a control, I enlisted my wifes eyes to compare the two and she picked the cnet settings for 640 as more natural each time. Which again could be her perception also.

It seems to me that either is so much better than the settings out of the box, the average person would never question either one.

Thank you very much!
post #281 of 360 Old 04-16-2012, 03:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billlh View Post

Jason,

Would you be so kind as to post you're latest Game mode settings you're using, including the advanced mode settings? I have basically the same TV the LC60LE640U I bought at Walmart. I'm guessing it's the same TV just Walmart's version of it. Anyway I agree with what you have posted and Game mode seems to have the best response. I really like mine and for the price it's tough to beat. I paid a bit more for mine but I wanted the ability to just throw it in the truck and take the thing back if I don't like it. Last time I bought a TV I think I went through three different ones before I was happy with one. This time I think I got it right the first time.

Thanks,

Bill

Bill, look a few posts up at post #273.

* However please read my reply to Todd below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddRiffic View Post

Hey Jason,

Sorry it took so long to report back. I compared your latest game and movie settings and also movie settings from cnet's calibration and review of a 640 found here on my 633.

I watched "The Dark Knight" and "Cowboys vs Aliens" on bluray with a primary focus on skin tones.

Game had a clear green/yellow issue when compared to your movie settings. Your movie settings looked spot on when viewed through the Spears & Munsil color bar pattern and blue filter while cnet's movie settings were closer than out of the box, it did not look near as accurate through the filter.

The funny thing was it seemed like the skin tones with the cnet settings were more natural. I openly admit this could be a issue with my perception. As a control, I enlisted my wifes eyes to compare the two and she picked the cnet settings for 640 as more natural each time. Which again could be her perception also.

It seems to me that either is so much better than the settings out of the box, the average person would never question either one.

Thank you very much!

Hey Todd,

(Thanks for the PM)

My findings so far are that the 2012's are calibrating different from the 2011's so settings should not cross over well between the 640 <> 632. I have graphed the cnet settings from the 632 & the 640, neither set was close on my 632.

I have also recently been fortunate enough to try some highly accurate settings from another 60" 632 that did not work on my 60" 632 (I cannot and will not reveal these settings as they are not my own, sorry).

Now of course all of this can come down to pure luck with all these set to set variables so as always... YMMV.

Best of luck!
Jason
post #282 of 360 Old 04-17-2012, 12:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:

I'll have some new settings coming within the next week or so, for those interested.

I just bought a new i1D3 colorimeter (have now) and an i1Pro spectro (to arrive mid-week) for even greater accuracy.

Jason

You are the man. I tried your latest movie setting and it's perfect. I checked against the Disney WOW and the color and hue were spot on. I did tweak the contrast and brightness and changed the color temperature mid-low to suit my preference but, man, color me impressed. The picture is better than anything I could come up with previously. Thank you. I think you are doing the AVS forum members a great service (did for me anyway).
post #283 of 360 Old 04-17-2012, 10:02 AM

Quote:

Hey Todd,

(Thanks for the PM)

My findings so far are that the 2012's are calibrating different from the 2011's so settings should not cross over well between the 640 <> 632. I have graphed the cnet settings from the 632 & the 640, neither set was close on my 632.

I have also recently been fortunate enough to try some highly accurate settings from another 60" 632 that did not work on my 60" 632 (I cannot and will not reveal these settings as they are not my own, sorry).

Now of course all of this can come down to pure luck with all these set to set variables so as always... YMMV.

Best of luck!
Jason

Jason & Todd,

Thanks for the tips, now it explains why my picture was less than spectacular with the 632 settings. I'm going to try the C Net setting later tonight and see if their is an improvement. really appreciate the link you posted Todd. I just wish they had used game mode instead of movie mode, since game mode seems to have more pop to the picture. Maybe I'm just prejudging and it will look as good. Time will tell, either way this set is a keeper in my opinion.

Thanks for the help guys,

Bill
post #284 of 360 Old 04-18-2012, 10:09 AM

Quote:

Hey Todd,

(Thanks for the PM)

Best of luck!
Jason

I tried the CNet settings and I'm guessing they are pretty accurate. Thing is I've been watching "bad" settings for so long I don't like it as well when it's right lol. Anyway I think I would just like a little more pop to the picture, I guess brighter is the best way I can describe it, maybe sharper? Anyway can you suggest what I need to adjust to get that? Their are so many controls and I'll admit I haven't a clue which one to tweak to get the picture I'd like. Would the setting they used work in game mode? He set this up for movie mode. Would just using those settings in game mode provide the pop I'm looking for? best way i can describe it is the the picture seems muted, and as I said it's probably spot on but I just would prefer a less muted picture. Hope I'm describing this right.

Thanks,

Bill
post #285 of 360 Old 04-18-2012, 10:34 AM

Quote:

Nice, yeah this stuff is all luck of the draw. While I have been doing this for many years and have been an AV enthusiast for 25+ years I don't have Kevin Millers experience, expertise or calibration gear so obviously this tells us there are indeed set to set variables and like that infamous box of chocolate we never know what we're going to get.

Maybe I'll start carrying my settings on my Ipod touch and when I come across a 632 at B&M stores (which is getting more rare by the day) I'll ask for the remote and see how they do. I wish I would have started doing that a while back to get a better feel for the variables. I guess I could just attack all the 640's and see what happens (although so far it seems they are different vs the 632's regarding calibration).

Glad to have added to your enjoyment of 'the beast' and thanks for the feedback.

Jason

Yea if you ever do a 640 specific calibration, I'd love to see the results. I have the 640 and I can say without a doubt it is different then the 632. I've only found one calibration spefically for the 640 and that was done by CNet in movie mode. I'd really like one for game mode. How about carrying you're Ipod touch into Walmart and calibrating a 640 please ?

Bill
post #286 of 360 Old 04-18-2012, 01:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Yea if you ever do a 640 specific calibration, I'd love to see the results. I have the 640 and I can say without a doubt it is different then the 632. I've only found one calibration spefically for the 640 and that was done by CNet in movie mode. I'd really like one for game mode. How about carrying you're Ipod touch into Walmart and calibrating a 640 please ?

Bill

Bill,

I wish it was that simple, all I meant when I said carrying the ipod in was to have my 632 settings on hand and enter them into a 640 and see the variances.

Regarding getting more POP in your image try Gamma at -2 and enable Active Contrast. Beyond that you can grab yourself a calibration disc and follow the basic adjustments, the Disney WOW disc is good for people just learning. I would however hope that the CNET settings at least have the brightness & contrast set properly (I don't usually trust their full calibrations however).

Best of luck,
Jason
post #287 of 360 Old 04-18-2012, 05:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 62
Plugged in your latest movie mode settings on my 60" - looks great.

I did have two questions that hopefully someone can assit me with as I cant seem to find the answers after much research. Here's my setup:

Cisco 8642HD PVR and PS3, each connected via HDMI to Onkyo 809 A/V receiver, and 1 HDMI out of the 809 going to the 632, running on movie mode with your latest settings. The 809 outputs everything at 1080p/60 (via the HQV Vida chip) to the 632 on dot-by-dot view mode.

Here's my first question. PS3 games are sent RGB, and you can set the PS3 to output Full or Limited RGB. I've read many threads talking about the full vs. limited for ps3 games on an hdtv - although many of those threads were older (2007ish), many would say that Full RGB is only for a PC, and that Limited RGB is the only proper setting to output a ps3 game to an hdtv. Others were saying that it depends if your hdtv accepts full rgb over hdmi, and if you can select the option to let the tv know that it is receiving pc levels (and not video) over hdmi. I cant seem to find an option in the 632 menu where you can select full/pc level or limited/video level. Do you know if the 632 accepts full RGB over hdmi? Should I be setting my PS3 to Full? If so, do I need to change anything in the 632 menu or does it recognize video vs. pc levels automatically?

Also, I know you've mentionned that the 632 doesnt 'work' properly if receiving YCbCr 444 and that it should be receiving YCbCr 422 or 420 (I think). For blu ray discs via the ps3 and hd cable via the 8642HD, my onkyo 809 says that it is receiving and outputting YCbCr 24 bit. What does the 24 bit mean? It is sending the proper (422 or 420 i think) signal to the TV?

Many thanks for any assistance with these 2 issues.

65" PanasonicST60 | Onkyo809 | Oppo103 + 4TB WD HDD
PS4 pre-order | PS3 80GB / 4x USB | 1TB 9865HD | Apple TV3 | Darbee Darblet | AirPort Extreme
5.2 system - 5x Arx A2 + 2x SVS SB12-NSD | Harmony One | Samsung DA-E670
MonsterPower HTS1700 / 2x PRT510 / PRT410 | Monster / Blue Jeans / Emotiva cables
post #288 of 360 Old 04-18-2012, 06:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostate View Post

You are the man. I tried your latest movie setting and it's perfect. I checked against the Disney WOW and the color and hue were spot on. I did tweak the contrast and brightness and changed the color temperature mid-low to suit my preference but, man, color me impressed. The picture is better than anything I could come up with previously. Thank you. I think you are doing the AVS forum members a great service (did for me anyway).

Glad to have assisted in adding to your enjoyment of the display.

Please be aware that the preference changes you made will throw off the calibration, so not as accurate but we all have to enjoy our own sets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu_One View Post

Plugged in your latest movie mode settings on my 60" - looks great.

I did have two questions that hopefully someone can assit me with as I cant seem to find the answers after much research. Here's my setup:

Cisco 8642HD PVR and PS3, each connected via HDMI to Onkyo 809 A/V receiver, and 1 HDMI out of the 809 going to the 632, running on movie mode with your latest settings. The 809 outputs everything at 1080p/60 (via the HQV Vida chip) to the 632 on dot-by-dot view mode.

Here's my first question. PS3 games are sent RGB, and you can set the PS3 to output Full or Limited RGB. I've read many threads talking about the full vs. limited for ps3 games on an hdtv - although many of those threads were older (2007ish), many would say that Full RGB is only for a PC, and that Limited RGB is the only proper setting to output a ps3 game to an hdtv. Others were saying that it depends if your hdtv accepts full rgb over hdmi, and if you can select the option to let the tv know that it is receiving pc levels (and not video) over hdmi. I cant seem to find an option in the 632 menu where you can select full/pc level or limited/video level. Do you know if the 632 accepts full RGB over hdmi? Should I be setting my PS3 to Full? If so, do I need to change anything in the 632 menu or does it recognize video vs. pc levels automatically?

Also, I know you've mentionned that the 632 doesnt 'work' properly if receiving YCbCr 444 and that it should be receiving YCbCr 422 or 420 (I think). For blu ray discs via the ps3 and hd cable via the 8642HD, my onkyo 809 says that it is receiving and outputting YCbCr 24 bit. What does the 24 bit mean? It is sending the proper (422 or 420 i think) signal to the TV?

Many thanks for any assistance with these 2 issues.

Leaving your PS3 to limited is the easiest option, this way games and blu ray playback are level matched. You probably will not want to play games in movie mode however, there is a substantial amount of lag on Movie mode (140ms vs 30ms for Game).

You are sending 4:2:2 @ YCbCr / limited.

Jason
post #289 of 360 Old 04-18-2012, 06:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Glad to have assisted in adding to your enjoyment of the display.

Please be aware that the preference changes you made will throw off the calibration, so not as accurate but we all have to enjoy our own sets.

Leaving your PS3 to limited is the easiest option, this way games and blu ray playback are level matched. You probably will not want to play games in movie mode however, there is a substantial amount of lag on Movie mode (140ms vs 30ms for Game).

You are sending 4:2:2 @ YCbCr / limited.

Jason

Great thx, glad to know that at least cable is sending the right signal. But you are saying that the 632 does accept full rgb over hdmi without having to change any setting in the tv menu?

I will try game mode, youre saying I would see lag playing games like uncharted in movie mode? I did see your pictures showing the difference between the two modes, but these miliseconds would be noticeable while playing?

I calibrated the ps3 using the WOW disc but PS3 was outputting Ycc with superwhite on, deep color off.. so now if I set RGB limited the game (uncharted 3) looks all faded compared to when set RGB Full (I know it probably means im losing lots of shadow detail in RGB Full..) But if i recalibrate with the ps3 outputting the WOW disc in RGB limited, then play the game with ps3 outputting RGB limited it shoudnt look faded anymore, it should look more like when I currently set it to RGB full? And if I calibrate this way (PS outputting Wow disc in RGB limited), BD's outputted in Ycc will also be properly calibrated?

PS4 pre-order | PS3 80GB / 4x USB | 1TB 9865HD | Apple TV3 | Darbee Darblet | AirPort Extreme
MonsterPower HTS1700 / 2x PRT510 / PRT410 | Monster / Blue Jeans / Emotiva cables
post #290 of 360 Old 04-18-2012, 11:48 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu_One View Post

Great thx, glad to know that at least cable is sending the right signal. But you are saying that the 632 does accept full rgb over hdmi without having to change any setting in the tv menu?

I will try game mode, youre saying I would see lag playing games like uncharted in movie mode? I did see your pictures showing the difference between the two modes, but these miliseconds would be noticeable while playing?

I calibrated the ps3 using the WOW disc but PS3 was outputting Ycc with superwhite on, deep color off.. so now if I set RGB limited the game (uncharted 3) looks all faded compared to when set RGB Full (I know it probably means im losing lots of shadow detail in RGB Full..) But if i recalibrate with the ps3 outputting the WOW disc in RGB limited, then play the game with ps3 outputting RGB limited it shoudnt look faded anymore, it should look more like when I currently set it to RGB full? And if I calibrate this way (PS outputting Wow disc in RGB limited), BD's outputted in Ycc will also be properly calibrated?

The 632 does accept RGB Full range in that it will convert and display but the black level setting is not active with HDMI and it does not appear to handle it properly.

You may be bothered by the lag and you may not but it can alter your game experience in that your reaction time will suffer because of it. You'll likely have a smoother gaming experience in game mode.

Correct, if you calibrate for limited (which is 16-235, same as blu ray) you'll then be level matched, games and blu rays will look equally good.

You also have to keep in mind what your AVR might be doing to the signal, usually you'll want 1080p signals to pass through untouched to a 1080p native display (there's generally no point in adding to the processing which can make things worse and add even more lag).

Jason
post #291 of 360 Old 04-19-2012, 05:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The 632 does accept RGB Full range in that it will convert and display but the black level setting is not active with HDMI and it does not appear to handle it properly.

You may be bothered by the lag and you may not but it can alter your game experience in that your reaction time will suffer because of it. You'll likely have a smoother gaming experience in game mode.

Correct, if you calibrate for limited (which is 16-235, same as blu ray) you'll then be level matched, games and blu rays will look equally good.

You also have to keep in mind what your AVR might be doing to the signal, usually you'll want 1080p signals to pass through untouched to a 1080p native display (there's generally no point in adding to the processing which can make things worse and add even more lag).

Jason

Thanks for all your assistance much appreciated! Regarding the pass through, absolutely, any 1080p signal goes through the AVR in 'Direct' mode - no conversion or processing whatsoever.

post #292 of 360 Old 04-23-2012, 05:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member

4/23/2012 - New Game mode settings (40 ftL target)

OPC = OFF
BACKLIGHT = STD
CONTRAST = +28
BRIGHTNESS = +1
COLOR = -4
TINT = 0

Active Contrast = OFF
Gamma = -2 ( = flat 1.9 without active contrast )

Color Temp = LOW
LO
R -19
G +5
B -13

HI
R -7
G +1
B -14

R +11 ------- 0 -------- +6
Y +8 -------- 0 -------- +2
G -8 -------- 0 -------- +10
C +7 -------- 0 -------- 0
B +13 ------- 0 ------- +30
M +2 -------- 0 ------- -9

Best of luck!

Jason
post #293 of 360 Old 04-24-2012, 09:44 AM

Quote:

4/23/2012 - New Game mode settings (40 ftL target)

OPC = OFF
BACKLIGHT = STD
CONTRAST = +28
BRIGHTNESS = +1
COLOR = -4
TINT = 0

Active Contrast = OFF
Gamma = -2 ( = flat 1.9 without active contrast )

Color Temp = LOW
LO
R -19
G +5
B -13

HI
R -7
G +1
B -14

R +11 ------- 0 -------- +6
Y +8 -------- 0 -------- +2
G -8 -------- 0 -------- +10
C +7 -------- 0 -------- 0
B +13 ------- 0 ------- +30
M +2 -------- 0 ------- -9

Best of luck!

Jason

Should I presume that 40ftl would be the setting i would want to use on a bright day? Versus using 35ftl for my night viewing? I still prefer your game settings over Cnet's movie mode settings. Even though their setting are supposed to be for my 640 version. The picture with their settings just seems dead, lack luster.

Thanks,

Bill
post #294 of 360 Old 04-27-2012, 05:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member

New Movie mode settings... done with i1Pro corrected i1D3.

These are about as perfect as I can get my 60LE632 considering the Red issue and shifting CMS.

* Did another full read with i1Pro only and had some slight variances so those are changed/listed (the VAL settings following / are from the i1Pro spectro and not the corrected i1D3, try them either way)

Movie Mode / 35.1 ftL / 2.4 Gamma / 6505k / D65

Backlight -1
Contrast +28
Brightness +1
Color 0
Tint 0
Sharpness 0 (or +1 if preferred - does add slight EE/ringing)
Gamma -2
Active Contrast OFF
Motion Enhance 120hz low (or OFF)
(all other settings off)

Color Temp LOW

LO
R -7
G -1
B -19

HI
R -6
G -1
B -15

R 0 --------- 0 -------- -3 / -5
Y +5 ------- -6 -------- -2 / -1
G 0 -------- -7 -------- +14
C -2 --------- 0 -------- 0
B 0 -------- -5 ------- +16
M +2 ------- -5 -------- 0

Best of luck !!!

Jason
post #295 of 360 Old 04-27-2012, 05:46 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Should I presume that 40ftl would be the setting i would want to use on a bright day? Versus using 35ftl for my night viewing? I still prefer your game settings over Cnet's movie mode settings. Even though their setting are supposed to be for my 640 version. The picture with their settings just seems dead, lack luster.

Thanks,

Bill

Yes, basically the higher the ftL the brighter the room.

Jason
post #296 of 360 Old 04-27-2012, 04:51 PM

Quote:

These are about as perfect as I can get my 60LE632 considering the Red issue and shifting CMS.

Movie Mode / 35.2 ftL / 2.41 Gamma / 6504k / D65

Backlight -1
Contrast +28
Brightness +1
Color 0
Tint 0
Gamma -2
Active Contrast OFF
(all other settings off)

Color Temp LOW

LO
R -7
G -1
B -19

HI
R -6
G -1
B -15

R 0 --------- 0 -------- -3
Y +5 ------- -6 -------- -2

Best of luck !!!

Jason

I'll give these a shot see if I like them better then C Net's settings in movie mode.

Bill
post #297 of 360 Old 04-28-2012, 05:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

* Did another full read with i1Pro only and had some slight variances so those are changed/listed (the VAL settings following / are from the i1Pro spectro and not the corrected i1D3, try them either way)

Movie Mode / 35.1 ftL / 2.4 Gamma / 6505k / D65

Backlight -1
Contrast +28
Brightness +1
Color 0
Tint 0
Gamma -2
Active Contrast OFF
(all other settings off)

Color Temp LOW

LO
R -7
G -1
B -19

HI
R -6
G -1
B -15

R 0 --------- 0 -------- -3 / -5
Y +5 ------- -6 -------- -2 / -1

Best of luck !!!

Jason

I tried your latest movie setting. Colors seem slightly off compared to your previous movie setting. I checked against Disney WOW and the hue (tint?) was not as spot on so I went back to your older movie setting.

I also tried your latest game setting. Strangely, that setting made everything look yellow-ish.

It's interesting how every TV is different even though it's same brand and model.
post #298 of 360 Old 04-29-2012, 02:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostate View Post

I tried your latest movie setting. Colors seem slightly off compared to your previous movie setting. I checked against Disney WOW and the hue (tint?) was not as spot on so I went back to your older movie setting.

I also tried your latest game setting. Strangely, that setting made everything look yellow-ish.

It's interesting how every TV is different even though it's same brand and model.

Indeed, tolerance variables stink.

Then again if they did not exist the ISF/THX guys would have nothing to calibrate because we would all be getting highly accurate calibrations for free off the net.

Game mode is a tough one to get nailed down, I know something changed on mine and all I can think of is a firmware update but then I don't know for sure.

I'll have another new meter early this coming week so I'll be running through Game mode again (might give Movie one more run through as well before calling it quits on the 632 calibrations). Hopefully there are enough of them out there now that people are at least getting close and finding CAL's they like/enjoy.

Jason
post #299 of 360 Old 05-02-2012, 09:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Indeed, tolerance variables stink.

Then again if they did not exist the ISF/THX guys would have nothing to calibrate because we would all be getting highly accurate calibrations for free off the net.

Game mode is a tough one to get nailed down, I know something changed on mine and all I can think of is a firmware update but then I don't know for sure.

I'll have another new meter early this coming week so I'll be running through Game mode again (might give Movie one more run through as well before calling it quits on the 632 calibrations). Hopefully there are enough of them out there now that people are at least getting close and finding CAL's they like/enjoy.

Jason

Did you do the firmware update? I did it last night. What a pain. What's the point of wifi if I have to download it to USB anyway. And I had to reset everything because Netflix app stopped working post-update.

Anyway, it may just be me but the colors appears to have changed after the firmware update. May be it's all in my mind but the picture now has a slight yellow-ish cast to it. Did you notice any shift in colors?
post #300 of 360 Old 05-02-2012, 10:23 AM

Liked: 13
After the update bombed out several times, I downloaded it from the Samsung site and luckily had a FAT-formatted USB key handy. I wondered if the settings were affected, but didn't watch anything where I could easily tell colors were off.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sharp Aquos Lc60le632u 60 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page